Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone needs to read this.

Go down 
+39
Midreus
FrozenEdge
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Melencholy
SmileBrush
Siveria
Turkeysaur
Adius
Yokura
SkyeMeir
knyx
Tuskin
Iseal
Suguri
Kitouski
Raal
Valkyrie
Raven
xzpwnz
Nilla
LordShade
Hyoka
necrio
boytitan2
Darkmare
brokita1
Padron
ziix
Epacsten
rei_hunter
NumeroDoS
EMPattack
IcyAmiki
LazerRazer
NovaZero
Nisa
Frederica-Bernkastel
StickyKeys
inzane14
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:54 pm

@LXE
Cyberstep is not doing the best it can do to make the game anymore enjoyable than it currently is. RT and UC Content wise, it fails to bring a few good things to the player base.
like it said on Tempura's Diary Entry, Excuses so they can continue doing what they've always done. Troll the players.

@brokita
Endgame Content is a Robot Box that drops a 3s Froglander.

@Raven
Well that's RT Content (Which i dont really touch onto since like i said, i dont want my money being wasted on a Game that treats players as Money Sponges.), UC Content also suffers from it as well. And I dont hop. And i have a Seraph. It gets boring using the same air fagging each and every day. :/
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 pm

brokita1 wrote:
@suguri

yea, i guess this is the classical skill vs gear debate in every mmo, but however you look at it, CB is often times dependent on the bot you have. i mean, what if you had a VF with great stats, lets say fully tuned (40 str, 25 walk, and 15-20 tgh)

then take his closest UC comparison, katana max, he would need serious skill to even compete.

the bot may not define your skill, but the right bot can put a person on another tier level, so its debatable
(I actually have two vanguards tuned similarly to that, with plenty of capacity and slots left :3)

I'm not trying to imply that the bot used doesn't make a difference, I'm just saying it doesn't make as much of a difference as people would like to think, and not in nearly as many cases. Would I expect Katana Max to beat a Vanguard? Certainly not. Would I expect a tuned Lily to? In an open area, definitely. Vanguard shouldn't even come close to being able to catch her if she has quick boost, which is where his pure melee dependency shoots him in the foot. That aside, Katana Max is pretty crappy in general. :V

I'd say the only two cases where having gara bot A gives you a 100% guaranteed advantage over a UC player allowed to counterpick types with UC bot B are EVE and Air Raider. There are other bots that are going to be better than UC bots (obviously; who would pay the outrageous prices if there wasn't any benefit?), but those are probably the only two cases where it's significant enough to warrant complaints. And thankfully, most EN EVEs are terrible anyway.

But I digress, we're going off-topic again ;x
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:55 pm

Quote :
I tried telling people before, it seemed to work on community forums but still alot of people seem content with wasting thousands of dollars on this fail game.
Despite this game's problems, I find it fun.

And no, I don't garapon much at all; my bots are Rt, not Gara. Even if I find something I want in a certain gara, because it's Garapon, and you don't do Garapon expecting to get what you want that easily. That kind of thinking will just hit you in the face.

Quote :
and LXE, you do have to understand... the game really is just a cash cow :/
CBJP's guilty of that too, you know. At least the Garapon prices in CBUS are lower.

Last edited by NovaZero on Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:56 pm

Raven wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:
Raven wrote:

That's why most people buy RT with their hard earned USD.

Then how much do you have to spend to get the desired robot or weapon? (With their real money)

Depends. If I desired a Bugsycait Busy Cat, it might cost me about $3.50.

How much would a person have to spend to actually make a decent profit at Vegas? Garapon's a gambling machine, and that's what it will always be. I got Patty Lop in my first roll. So yeah, I got my desired bot in $4.00. Swell.

That's why I'm saying: If they earned the money, which I'm assuming they didn't just say, "Lol Mom give me $20 so I can gamble," then it's theirs to do what they want with it. You get 50 RT a month via UC->RT conversion. You can easily make at least 10x that in a month with a job, and who said you were even going to spend all of it on a game.

If you can't afford that, then use the UC bots. Go hop and Seraph like everyone else. Or look at Suguri's sample UC builds. So much complaining around here.

suguris builds were nice Smile

now then

i cant speak for most people here, but im (somewhat) an adult

i have a to pay bills (mortgage, car, house and car insurance, school+ books etc)

all together with my job i have 800 $ disposable income after everything is paid

200-300$ for food for my GF and me
and 100ish for a date night, so that leaves me with

400-500

now then, out of all my hobbies and everything, i cant spend all that on virtual robots i cant even hold. i like to work on my land, computers, guns, etc.

20$ is what i allow myself to spend monthly on this game, which is even more than the average MMO, but i could take that 20$ to WoW, and get hundreds of hours more enjoyment than this game WITHOUT THE ANGER of failed tune-ups, P2W bots, and overall game imbalance

i would love to get more for my money
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:57 pm

Sorry, just want to comment here and there.

brokita1 wrote:

theres no tiers of gear to move through <-- The game's main concept in equipment is customization. Tier of gears are more akin to be found on MMORPGs with an actual leveling system

no endgame, or even endgame content <-- This game is PvP-centralized. It has no endgame because PvP only ends when you decide to quit playing

limited options in weaponry (often times only 3-4 weps are viable for each bot) <-- I'm guessing balance. Otherwise, more broken builds would start sprouting up everywhere (L-Airs carrying LL Zooks, ABR for LNDs, etc.)

no real stats to balance <-- Don't understand. How do you define 'balance'?

upgrade mat farming is a pain beyond pain <-- True, but it depends on the player if they find it a hassle to farm

and leveling to a max level for some bots can be done in a day, some withing 5 hours (got a beezle to 8 in 2 and a half hours play time, but i did use an exp ticket) <-- Because skill =/= level in this game. True, several perks will rise up when the level rises, but that doesn't guarantee an instant victory.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 9:59 pm

Just to put how greedy Cyberstep is in perspective...

In Elsword, you can get a nice cash shop outfit for your character, buy a skill note or two to upgrade certain skills, and maybe have enough left over for a scroll that prevent upgrades on weapons from having adverse effects (think slot protectors).

For $5.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:03 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
@LXE
Cyberstep is not doing the best it can do to make the game anymore enjoyable than it currently is. RT and UC Content wise, it fails to bring a few good things to the player base.
like it said on Tempura's Diary Entry, Excuses so they can continue doing what they've always done. Troll the players.
I know, but no Game company wants to have angry players, therefore I'd say what they do isn't trolling the players, it's rather something else.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:10 pm

Epacsten wrote:
Pretending that doling out what little they have to offer at a snail's pace somehow improves the situation is delusional at best. If they made the EN and JP servers identical, the game would still have a very empty experience. There is very little to actually do in this game, and that wouldn't change.
Acting like a game is a political war were people need to be rallied and pages need to be spammed in the name of what's right is also delusional at best. If you're not having fun and don't like playing, then get out.

Epacsten wrote:
The big issue here is their business model, which the entire game seems to have been designed around. That is, to entice people to buy a win, or to buy the girls in their misleading ads, and then get as much money as possible using a random prize machine, not making the game a bigger or richer experience to retain old players and bring new ones.
That's probably because they are a business and they're following the suit that Japan did. No one is saying their options are perfect, I'm just saying no one made you click roll.

Epacsten wrote:
That's literally all there is to this game. Until I see proof to the contrary, anything Tempura says is a lie. He has consistently been unprofessional, dishonest, and irresponsible. I realize that's probably because of the position he's in, and he's probably trying to do the best he can to improve things for everyone, but he can't go up against the company and make them change their entire business model.
So the entire game is based off of buying stuff? Do you know how long it took for me to get the rank I am by PvPing? You don't even make coherent sense on this one. There's guilds, contests, tournaments, PvP, PvM, I don't even-

Epacsten wrote:
There is absolutely no reason, at all, other than translation, why both servers can't be identical. No reason. Just copy it over and translate it. They treat players in their own country like cash cows, and they treat us like especially stupid second-class citizen cash cows.
You believe the JP system is broken, but we should be exactly like them. Makes perfect sense.

I hope a couple years from now people will realize that you're crusading against a video game by a business and consider how much time they wasted here when they could've just quit. I mean seriously, I have never read a post that wasn't positive from you Rei, more then 400 posts later you're still here, why? There are a lot more important things you can be doing outside of a yelling at a business's MMO in your computer screen.

Last edited by Kitouski on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Sorry, just want to comment here and there.

brokita1 wrote:

1.theres no tiers of gear to move through <-- The game's main concept in equipment is customization. Tier of gears are more akin to be found on MMORPGs with an actual leveling system

2. no endgame, or even endgame content <-- This game is PvP-centralized. It has no endgame because PvP only ends when you decide to quit playing

3. limited options in weaponry (often times only 3-4 weps are viable for each bot) <-- I'm guessing balance. Otherwise, more broken builds would start sprouting up everywhere (L-Airs carrying LL Zooks, ABR for LNDs, etc.)

4. no real stats to balance <-- Don't understand. How do you define 'balance'?

5. upgrade mat farming is a pain beyond pain <-- True, but it depends on the player if they find it a hassle to farm

and leveling to a max level for some bots can be done in a day, some withing 5 hours (got a beezle to 8 in 2 and a half hours play time, but i did use an exp ticket) <-- Because skill =/= level in this game. True, several perks will rise up when the level rises, but that doesn't guarantee an instant victory.

well, lets use WoW as an example, i know most people dont like it, but i did well in it for 6 years before retiring

1. i mean i wish all weapons were viable, and you werent locked to certain builds, i wish there werent such gimmicks, like hoppers, that did better than regular play, when its a "creative use of gameplay mechanics"

2. wow is a PVP game, its classes are balanced around pvp, and its imho, the most fulfilling aspect of the game, but theres also pvp as you level, and end game pvp, in CB, its all kind one in the same, so you have level 1 circle ranks with level 10 star ranks, kinda imbalanced, especially in skill area. also, newer skills, equipment, and specialization with each level adds depth

3. i mean in wow, theres diversity in weapons, for example, i hate swords, but kamui staff is currently the best melee wep i have, therefore, im niched to using it. check out the arena weps in wow to see what i mean (different weps with same stats, then different builds of certain weps)

4.theres so few stats, and few penalties for lower ones. for example, a land may want wlk and str, while a warrior in wow will need stam, str, crit, haste, heavy wep speed, etc

5. im not a very grindy person, but in this game, theres a clear difference between those who tune, and those who don't, in wow, its only a small +/- difference, that isnt so gamebreaking
and even then, farming isnt so horrible
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:14 pm

>>Brokita
Please stop comparing an action game to a clicky-clicky game.

Suguri wrote:
Just to put how greedy Cyberstep is in perspective...

In Elsword, you can get a nice cash shop outfit for your character, buy a skill note or two to upgrade certain skills, and maybe have enough left over for a scroll that prevent upgrades on weapons from having adverse effects (think slot protectors).

For $5.
Elsword has Ice Burners though, which can contain a part of an uber-awesome set that gives insane stat ups, or element stones, upgrade scrolls, etc.

Kinda like with Garapon.

But then most people will be happy with just buying 4 pieces of a cash set just to get its set benefits, and element stones are good to have.

Kinda like with Garapon. Think about it. Even the blue balls in the Garapon have their value; they are tuning mats. The problem with Garapon(other than the prices and the crappy animations) is that people roll Garapon expecting that they can get that one thing they want out of the whole list of things. Like I said in a previous post, you don't roll Garapon expecting to get that one item. Garapon's what it is: gambling, so you have to take a chance at it, whether you like it or not.

Last edited by NovaZero on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:19 pm

im just saying : /

one is the biggest game on the market, the other isnt

one has satisfied customers, the other doesnt

one is balanced, the other is pay to win

Sad
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:22 pm

LXE wrote:
rei_hunter wrote:
@LXE
I know, but no Game company wants to have angry players, therefore I'd say what they do isn't trolling the players, it's rather something else.

What have they done otherwise then?

Lotto Boxes seemed to infuriate people more.
UC Garapon is still infuriating and making people angry.
Game Meta is stressworthy since you usually dont have good bots for it.
Prices and Luck/Chances of getting something actually good... after spending so much (RT or UC)... is still making people uncontent at all.
Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:23 pm

I wouldn't consider myself to be emotionally invested in anything that happens regarding this game, especially not to the point of crusading. I only started posting on this subject because others are crusading, calling for boycotts and such.

The only point I'm trying to make here is that it's pretty obvious they know 100% exactly what they're doing, and don't care if running their game differently would make it more successful. They simply are not passionate about their game, and nothing anyone says on a forum will change anything.

Perhaps I crossed the line a bit in regards to my opinion about how Tempura has been unprofessional, or how I feel they're treating foreigners like idiots by saying there is a need to slowly dole out what little content they have already made, while making no new content other than gara prizes.

I tend to get carried away a little. I apologize if I gave you the wrong impression.

FYI, I have a lot of good gara bots. I've generally been lucky with my rolls, and I'm satisfied with my status in the game itself. I'm not frustrated or "butthurt" about anything in that regard. I like CB, I like playing it, but I've done everything there is to do.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:26 pm

no, your fine, i feel protesting/boycotting is doing good

and im sure tempura doesnt want to be behind another APB/ FFXI/ aion / FEZ etc.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:30 pm

rei_hunter wrote:

Game Meta is stressworthy since you usually dont have good bots for it.
Maybe it's just me, but before I'd dropped a cent on this game I was perfectly content with my Seraph - Sword Wing - Lily Rain commando.

And as a fellow JP player, you should know as well as I do that the rankup Rt/UC->Rt conversions give you plenty to work with, as long as you aren't binging on gara.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:33 pm

rei_hunter wrote:
Lotto Boxes seemed to infuriate people more.
Why do you think they're called "Lotto Boxes"?

Quote :
UC Garapon is still infuriating and making people angry.
In a way. The chances of getting a Gold Ball in UC Garapon in very low.

Quote :
Prices and Luck/Chances of getting something actually good... after spending so much (RT or UC)... is still making people uncontent at all.
Garapon, expecting to get what you want, wholly on chance, etc.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:36 pm

well not to toot your horn sugiri, but you can do amazing things with UC bots, and i mean amazing

however, there is a distinct advantage between UC and RT bots. otherwise, noone would buy them (or roll, which yea, that makes me angry too)
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:39 pm

brokita1 wrote:
well not to toot your horn sugiri, but you can do amazing things with UC bots, and i mean amazing

however, there is a distinct advantage between UC and RT bots. otherwise, noone would buy them (or roll, which yea, that makes me angry too)

Suguri is one of the bigger UC trolls.

Dat 40 FLY beezle.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:41 pm

brokita1 wrote:

Not really true, I didn't spend 50$ on Renny Lop garapon not because Renny Lop is great; she is very, very far from overpowered, I'd expect to do better with a Froglander first. I also got a 3-slotted Katana Max, oh noes, end of the world RT bot.

I roll to have fun with things, not because they're broken, if you've read my posts long enough in other threads you'd know my opinion on EVE and Vanguard it's that they can screw themselves and I don't want one and Ouka is hardly overpowered. I don't play Zero Saber because he wrecks ass, I play him because he's a cute little bastard.

200$ or so spent by me because I like the idea of customization and just getting to dabble in different content? I don't think I'm the only one... my favorite bots is Jikun Long and Katana Max, and they're far from "OP", so much for everyone being on that bandwagon.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:44 pm

@ Suguri

I'm talkin about EN.

JP i really dont have problems with, even when i started playing.

Level 9 Jikun and all :/

@NovaZero

The amount of Crap you get from Lotto Boxes is more in EN, than in JP.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:46 pm

I like you, Kitouski and I wish there were more people like you who buy stuff for a reason other than being top dog.

Quote :
@NovaZero

Tell that to my Ballista Shooter and Seraph Crimrose Red. Oh, and to all the people who got free Rt bots out of their Lotto Boxes(see the Lotto Cube thread for reference, if you're willing to cycle through the pages).

Last edited by NovaZero on Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:48 pm

LolNova. I shall get a Renny yet. Q_Q

rei_hunter wrote:
@NovaZero

LOL, seriously? Reallllly? No, seriously?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gambling

Of course you'd get different stuff from different set of lotto cubes because IT'S A GAMBLE.

I never facepalmed so hard in my life...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:50 pm

Kitouski wrote:
LolNova. I shall get a Renny yet. Q_Q
Should have bought the Shop Renny when you had the chance. Limited customization, but she's still worth the money.

rei_hunter wrote:
LOL, seriously? Reallllly? No, seriously?

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gambling

Of course you'd get different stuff from different set of lotto cubes because IT'S A GAMBLE.

I never facepalmed so hard in my life...
Verily. It seems most people don't understand the idea of "gambling".
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 pm

@kitou

yea, i can see your point, but its funny how more people want a VF out of the lop gara 2 than they do patty

in fact i remember when i got patty, first thing i did was ask my clan if they wanted to trade my account for a VF / more RT

she's ok, but just not my cup of tea, i love pure melee, however, i would never, ever want to drive something like VF, where its damage is extremely higher than regular melee

i guess its one of those "different strokes" things where people value their bots, but still, its really easy to love/ favor a FOTM/ OP bot

@people responging to rei

theres a good chance that they have different loot tables

and chances are, since they have more/different bots, their loot tables could be seen as better

Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 10:59 pm

I have to say, I agree with Raven on the subject of RT to UC conversion. The amount of time you spend grinding for enough UC to trade for the equivalent of $5.00 could be spent earning more than that. Especially if you have a job. Even a kid can go mow someone's lawn and get paid for it.

I, for one, am not interested in working all day, only to come home and work even more.

Trolling is an ambiguous word, and it can mean several things. In this context, it is being used as a term for misleading behavior. In other words, we are saying that CS is attempting to garner interest and trust from players under false pretenses, without actually investing any work (time = money) into developing the game.

To be clear:

I'm OK with buying Rt. I'm NOT ok with the price of most items in the game.
I'm OK with the garapons and how they work. I'm NOT ok with how they are used.
I'm OK with some bots being more powerful than others. I'm NOT ok with them being pay2win instead of earned rewards for skilled players.

Most of all, I'm just disappointed that CS has no passion for this game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone needs to read this.
Page 4 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next