Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everyone needs to read this.

Go down 
+39
Midreus
FrozenEdge
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Melencholy
SmileBrush
Siveria
Turkeysaur
Adius
Yokura
SkyeMeir
knyx
Tuskin
Iseal
Suguri
Kitouski
Raal
Valkyrie
Raven
xzpwnz
Nilla
LordShade
Hyoka
necrio
boytitan2
Darkmare
brokita1
Padron
ziix
Epacsten
rei_hunter
NumeroDoS
EMPattack
IcyAmiki
LazerRazer
NovaZero
Nisa
Frederica-Bernkastel
StickyKeys
inzane14
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 pm

NovaZero wrote:

T'was a drop in any mode, actually. I think I got one through the Arena.
Ah, yep, my bad. Up to 3s ballista shooter from arena, mission, or quest.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:47 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:

I'll be honest; I've never played CBJP so I may be wrong to sound like 'people shouldn't compare CBEN to CBJP too much' so forgive me for that, but then, that's what I mean.

CBEN will never be the same as your beloved CBJP. Or even half of it. It's an entirely different server. If CBEN did get better in the near future, rest assured; CBJP will still be better and you'll still be whining to make the server 'more like CBJP'

Just, uhh, reposting. For them people who didn't bother to read the first couple of pages...
Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 pm

I have two vanguards, seiron, a whole commando of winberrls, 3slot chibis, pulsardio, honestly more great bots than I can even recall atm. I can show you my garage if you want proof.

I know that UC bots are perfectly fine and I know that a good player doesn't need Rt bots. I love using Victory 1. Darma star with 2 shotguns is amazing for Berzelius. A friend of mine, year199x used a team of froglanders with a haku sword and got #1 several times. The list goes on and on.

I'm sorry, I was unclear. My point was that people who are new to the game immediately get the impression that the garapon bots are strictly superior, especially when they see bots like Lily EVE owning faces.

Even if they don't think those bots are superior or just generally more useful, most of the moebots are gara-only, and this game is advertised using them. This only compounds the issue of the expense of the garapon and how hard it is to obtain the top prize they're promoting in the shop screen and on the front page.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 pm

I'd say CS needs to find a way to limit the newbies first, as I am seeing circle ranks in rooms frequented by Star Rankers, so new players are more likely to quit the game when they face the powerful bots as a circle ranker. Basically lock them away from the high-end rooms until they're good enough to think of ways on how to fight back. That's all I can think of though.

I will agree with you on the advertising bit though. They need to do something about that.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:55 pm

Compare what CS is doing right now to what, say, Blizzard is doing, or even jagex.

CS is doin it wrong. Even runescape has more active players than CB, and I see the obnoxious "Free to play! Moe mecha action!" banners all over the nets.

Blizzards is full P2P, though they have massive worlds and substantially more content, WOW charges a premium on monthly membership but it buys both the eyecandy and perks. Jagex is doing a lot for F2P content, if I had to ballpark, the Free world is about 1/4 of the P2P world, and about 1/3 of the content (maybe 1/5 of the quests and minigames), And membership for a month to unlock the perks is only $5 (or was it $10), while CB charges that and more just for rolling a lottery machine.

It's a damn miracle we still have about 600 active players daily.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:56 pm

Suguri wrote:
Kitouski wrote:
@Suguri
True enough, I haven't played on the JP servers personally so I can't claim anything, but I thought the UC gara was 4x the UC cost as the EN one?
Better get some toast ready, because here comes the jelly.

Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 Lbot5

I jelly
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 pm

Kitouski wrote:
Silly Americans thinking they can have whatever they want and both Philippians and people from Hong Kong thinking they can pirate whatever they want and all getting butthurt when something asks for money."

@kito

you are great... too fken great... so funny man... you made my day =D

Honestly, thank you. You said exactly what I have been thinking for so long.

@rei_hunter

Rei man... first I see you begging for RTs... you didn't even contribute to the game but yet you want to destroy it.

Can you just leave the game alone please... I payed 300+$... why? Because I like the game... I want to keep it alive and running. You, who don't even pay your money into it shouldn't try to ruin other people's fun. Have you ever thought that maybe people who actually work and make money just want to spend their money on something they like? Why the hell would you go and try to rage at something you don't even want to be apart of... why cant you just quietly gtfo?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:01 am

NovaZero wrote:
I'd say CS needs to find a way to limit the newbies first, as I am seeing circle ranks in rooms frequented by Star Rankers, so new players are more likely to quit the game when they face the powerful bots as a circle ranker. Basically lock them away from the high-end rooms until they're good enough to think of ways on how to fight back. That's all I can think of though.

I will agree with you on the advertising bit though. They need to do something about that.

Newbie areas entirely, maybe even a dedicated (hidden to high-levels) server that you have to graduate by getting New Hero (4) or something, and can get back in as long as you're under Steel hero (11) (so new hero-iron hero is fair game), that way they won't be completely off-put by the UBER PWNAGE from the star ranks. Like Runescape's newbie island, people should only graduate when they feel they should graduate, and not per a derp script that goes ahead, whether you like it or not. The training stage is also totally derp, as the enemies don't even have an AI that aims near you. With vets leaving from lack of change, and new blood not going further than a few levels because "why bother, when the pr0s will just turn our Br and win/loss ratio to shit before we even have a chance to fight back"

That and a return of Titanium hero limited rooms.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:02 am

NovaZero wrote:
I can also agree with this really. Again, this goes back to me saying UC needs a couple more genuinely desirable bots, not even overpowered or slotted. Just desirable in the same way that got me to spend 50$ for a Renny, it doesn't need to rape,I I just want to rape it... lol, though, there's still Shino, Izuna, Crim, etc, I'm thankful they didn't change those into RT only like they were hinting at very, very early in CB service...

...that or fix their advertising, though again, I've always been one to say that there should be some more to spend my UC on.

See? Isn't it nice when we talk about what's wrong instead of get pissed off and say the GMs need to die...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:06 am

Kitouski wrote:
I can also agree with this really. Again, this goes back to me saying UC needs a couple more genuinely desirable bots, not even overpowered or slotted. Just desirable in the same way that got me to spend 50$ for a Renny, it doesn't need to rape,I I just want to rape it... lol, though, there's still Shino, Izuna, Crim, etc, I'm thankful they didn't change those into RT only like they were hinting at very, very early in CB service...

...that or fix their advertising, though again, I've always been one to say that there should be some more to spend my UC on.

See? Isn't it nice when we talk about what's wrong instead of get pissed off and say the GMs need to die...
Pretty much. Another reason why I stopped with CBJP is because I'm tired of the UC bots that I have. Only cool UC bots I got other than Seraph Crim was Accel Saber, Mecha Jetter and Destructor. And then I got bored with them.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:06 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:

I'll be honest; I've never played CBJP so I may be wrong to sound like 'people shouldn't compare CBEN to CBJP too much' so forgive me for that, but then, that's what I mean.

CBEN will never be the same as your beloved CBJP. Or even half of it. It's an entirely different server. If CBEN did get better in the near future, rest assured; CBJP will still be better and you'll still be whining to make the server 'more like CBJP'

Just, uhh, reposting. For them people who didn't bother to read the first couple of pages...

It's a benchmark.
They're both cosmic break, although just different people play it... they're still under the same company (Cyberstep) AND they're trying to put all of that that is in JP into EN.

JP has UC Garapon and UC Garapon Weekly
EN released it... but with really bad line ups (+ pricing and blue balls)

JP has weekly RT Garapon
EN released it... was so-so

JP had Lotto Cubes
EN's release of it was... fine until it just spewed crap at everyone.

JP had BR System
EN released it... not that many rooms with it.

Evidently, if i'm not mistaken... they're trying to CB-JP == CB-EN. So i do not see where you're coming with that post NumeroDoS, about not comparing both servers.

You should play CB-JP to understand where' we're all comin from with our complaints, angry remarks and things. But if you dont want to because of "Language Barrier", then not really forcing you.

@Adius
What have you gotten with 300USD then? 90% Tune Up Materials? or x10 of a Thoarla Nimbus?
And yeah i begged for a time, but then it just started going downhill (The server) so i stopped.

@NovaZero
You must've rolled 50RT each month from Cyberstep Vs Heroes huh. And might've been not enough questin...

Also, did you check your PM?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:13 am

Can we have CBJP's Rt gara screenshots to raise our RAGE meter? Please.

Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:14 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
IMO, CBEN is good enough of a server. It just looks bad because people always compare it to CBJP.

If people are so jealous of the CBJP stuff, then by all means, go and play there. The language barrier shouldn't do much to deter you.

Heh this is true, since you really don't need to read anything, and the stats on items are always in the same order so once you know their order your fine. I might try it out just to see the diffrence.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:18 am

rei_hunter wrote:

@Adius
What have you gotten with 300USD then? 90% Tune Up Materials? or x10 of a Thoarla Nimbus?
And yeah i begged for a time, but then it just started going downhill (The server) so i stopped.

See, this is what I mean. If you played the game, you would know that I am an active member of Dos. But no, you just complain and bitch about CBEN and how it's not fair and blah blah blah...
(you can go check the monthly rankings if you don't believe me...both arena and team fights... im part of top 5)

I use a fully tuned frau. A fully tuned air with abr. I made an alpha air. I made a moving burst amateus.

I was a full out mech-only user, until I got my mechajetter girl Christmas and fully tuned her.

I am more about having a lot of mechs to play with rather than having completely op mechs/builds. I have 18 lvl 10's and am I still leveling more mechs. I like the game and I don't mind spending the money on something I like.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:20 am

rei_hunter wrote:
JP has UC Garapon and UC Garapon Weekly
EN released it... but with really bad line ups (+ pricing and blue balls)
I cannot completely deny that. The options are pretty good and it offers 3-slotted weapons and parts, as well and some genuinely good things, but even I think the rates are farly poor. This is something that could be brought up or questioned, but you can't always just compare JP to EN.

rei_hunter wrote:
quoteJP has weekly RT Garapon
EN released it... was so-so
That's pretty opinionated really. I want this week's gold in the weekly garapon more then anything ever except for when I saw Renny. People have their Hatigram Machine. Nearly everything has been new. What do you want, more "overpowered" bots so you can also complain about that?

rei_hunter wrote:
JP had Lotto Cubes
EN's release of it was... fine until it just spewed crap at everyone.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/gambling

I've gotten a Mecha Jetter and a 3-slot Lily. Sounds good to me if it was free.

rei_hunter wrote:
JP had BR System
EN released it... not that many rooms with it.
They're obviously testing it out, and they made changes to it extremely soon to help that issue. They're working on it, don't get your panties in a bunch. Not like it matters much though, no one seems to go in the larger ones. If you have such a problem with regular shuffle rooms, don't play in them, I don't get what you're complaining about, they're doing it.

rei_hunter wrote:
Evidently, if i'm not mistaken... they're trying to CB-JP == CB-EN. So i do not see where you're coming with that post NumeroDoS, about not comparing both servers.
He's pointing out exactly what you're doing; comparing them and complaining that CBEN isn't just like your precious CBJP.

EDIT: I have decided that whenever I have a disagreement with you Rei, all I'm going to do is post "You have a gambling problem." until you quit the game.
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:23 am

LXE wrote:
Most of you guys think so biased. I am disappoint, Just shut up and watch what happens. Stop raging about the content you greedy sons of Mighty Bynes, it's just a game!!! I mean FFS, can't you guys enjoy the game rather than criticize it? I know you guys want more, but don't you think that we should be the players, not the back seat drivers? I mean, c'mon, you don't see a frustrated player like me complaining.

Meh, A few things need to change in CBEN tbh, Garapon needs to be made more fair, as it is, the chance of getting junk is WAY TO FRAKING HIGH for 4-5 US a spin, maybe lower spin price down to 10-20 RT, unless its a guarnteed bot like the Chibi Gara.

Bazaar needs to be made an auction house you can use whenever, and really who cares about tuned bots ending up in low lvs hands, only reason I see for this is less money for CBEN, I've killed some people with star ranks because they sucked at the game even though they had far superior gear, and gameplay time under their belts. Gear helps but you need the skill too.

Overall though the money to rt value is not that good, 20 bucks really will not get you much at all. I also laugh at people who blow like 200/month on this game, usually its pvptards who just gotta do 1 more dmg than someone else, such a waste of money it makes me sick. Even if I was rich i'd not spend like that, the game just is not worth it at all, then again most f2p titles aren't tbh. Best f2p titles are the ones where the game is not rigged to force you to spend, these types are extremly rare, but still make lots of profit since people will support a game they like.

A REALLY bad f2p game is rappelz, 2 US for 1 hour of double exp, and you bascally have to spam those things past lv 50 (of about 150+ levels) if you wanna level at least once a day, if not it can take 2-4 days per level. Making money in CB kinda sucks, right now I am on the 7 day begginer thing, but once that ends, getting UC is going to be a chore at the normal amounts.
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:24 am

ok in answer to questions about bazaar, he answers:

"Both the UC to Rt conversion system and the Bazaar system will most likely be brought to CBEN eventually. Everyone at CyberStep is fully aware that a lot of players want these elements added to the game as soon as possible. Please keep in mind though that CBJP has been online for a whole lot longer than CBEN, and didn't get those features right away either."

...ok, so wat?
you DO know that EVE was released MUCH LATER than Bazaar system, right? yeah, they want to squeeze out as MUCH money as they can from us, b4 starting to "loosen up." so Garapon (the main source of "food" for CS) can contain all-new and recent bots and keep anything else, like Bazaar, in "order" with CBjp? doesnt make sense.

there r many other so-called "answers" that are a mere excuses, instead of an actual solution.

Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:25 am

Quote :
@NovaZero
You must've rolled 50RT each month from Cyberstep Vs Heroes huh. And might've been not enough questin...

Also, did you check your PM?
Too impatient to save up, too lazy to grind the UC for 'em.

And yeah, I did. Considering how expensive Yen is(and other factors), I might not spend on it anyway.

Quote :
...ok, so wat?
you DO know that EVE was released MUCH LATER than Bazaar system, right? yeah, they want to squeeze out as MUCH money as they can from us, b4 starting to "loosen up." so Garapon (the main source of "food" for CS) can contain all-new and recent bots and keep anything else, like Bazaar, in "order" with CBjp? doesnt make sense.
As I recall, people wanted EVE because of how she's related to an already popular character(in fact, she IS that popular character) and because of how Lily Rain EVE basically came with a story.

Quote :
there r many other so-called "answers" that are a mere excuses, instead of an actual solution.
What would you want them to say then?

Last edited by NovaZero on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

brokita1 wrote:
well mostly theres GM hate in every game, i mean, look at wow, the biggest MMO on the market, and their lead GM ghostcrawler.

but yea, i would love to see CB become more balanced. yesterday ( i kid you not) a VF hit me for 260 as an air, while in mid flight at high alt.

if my keyboard wasn't metal, it would be smashed ( after the 260 hit i got stunned, fell, and he finished me off)

Yeah Fencer really needs the radius of its sword swings cut by at least 50-60%, it has way to big of a damage arc, and it can hit mutiple people in 1 swing.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:33 am

Siveria wrote:
brokita1 wrote:
well mostly theres GM hate in every game, i mean, look at wow, the biggest MMO on the market, and their lead GM ghostcrawler.

but yea, i would love to see CB become more balanced. yesterday ( i kid you not) a VF hit me for 260 as an air, while in mid flight at high alt.

if my keyboard wasn't metal, it would be smashed ( after the 260 hit i got stunned, fell, and he finished me off)

Yeah Fencer really needs the radius of its sword swings cut by at least 50-60%, it has way to big of a damage arc, and it can hit mutiple people in 1 swing.
Being really weak to beam weapons isn't enough for you?

Boy, would Ivis make you rage so hard.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:35 am

vanguard fencers = noob hunter
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am

Suguri wrote:
brokita1 wrote:

but admit it, there hasnt been a time when there was a DECENT VF/ouka, who didnt take 2 or more awards at the end of the game
You can be a horrible Pulsardio player and get at least two awards every game, too. Certain bots will always get score inflation. If you catch the one circle rank that doesn't realize Ouka can't air melee and right click mash on his face, you're pretty much already top 10 with sword master.

This is gonna sound noobish but what exactly do those awards give you? I've never figured it out or noticed.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:37 am

Adius wrote:
vanguard fencers = noob hunter
Feels like you got something against VF users.... True they're freaking broken bots, but we can just run or fly away.... I've yet seen a flying VF.....
Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 am

Even if it was the truth, nobody running a game like this would ever say they're simply squeezing money out of people with it and have no desire to actually expand the game to make a fuller experience and improve player retention.

Some people are passionate about their games, and some aren't.

Regardless of my speculation or my personal opinions, there is evidence to support the suspicion that they simply do not have any passion for this game, and there is no evidence to the contrary.

Tempura has said a trade system isn't worth the effort. He flat out said it. It's on his diary. Go read it. Those are the words of a man who knows his company. He's not "Just" a GM, with no say on anything that happens. He is an active part of developer meetings.

I'm not saying any of this because I'm trying to influence anyone to do (or not do) anything. I've spent money on this game. I don't regret the things I got with it. I'm content to wait and see if it improves. I'm not content to continue giving them money if the game has no future.

I'm just saying they know what they're going to do, and that nothing any of us say on a forum will change that.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 am

brokita1 wrote:

Suguri wrote:
I honestly don't know how people get caught by vanguards as airs, are they trying to knife them with a damascus knife or something?

Either you're a bad liar brok, or you're using a Beezel tuned into the negatives, don't have melee guard, and thought it would be a good idea to walk on the land, while lagging and it showing you the damage from two swings and added together because of that.

Vanguard = Nub Hunter indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everyone needs to read this.   Everyone needs to read this. - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Everyone needs to read this.
Page 6 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next