Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break

Go down 
+31
Astral_Dono
That_Wiesel_Guy
Nymph~
-Aera-
LS3
mechaRev
Charz
boytitan2
Me99909
Kirika
bippusuta
dsp
Trill
necrodrakath
God is a Cat Girl
reVelske
CapeMike
DarkChuky
dragongx92
Advisor
Klinkin
Prior
Hyoka
Midona
Zwiebel Force
FireKiller87
Suki_Eve
Suguri
Malphes
Mew
SeedZero
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:35 am

^Thank you for telling us what we already know and experience.
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:39 am

Yea but people keep somehow protesting that 'no you just noob!' So I thought this was a good a place as any to post it.

Because Seraph HD proves the point. It takes zero skill to come out with a positive score with Seraph HD for these reasons..

Wing Spam = invulnerability to Missiles. (1.5 second window when casting subweapon)

A single barrage of the subweapon is enough to make up for the bot being destroyed. Anything on top of that is adding to score.

Thus, the Score system is flawed.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:42 am

You are chiefly a TBG user though, it kinda disqualifies you from judging others of their skills.

(INB4"TBG TAKES SKILLS")
Back to top Go down
Me99909
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Me99909

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 3:46 am

I never said I was skilled, but I am a good observer. Figured out how to fight against HD Seraphs with my TBG and kill them. At least the scrub HD Seraphs that don't realize their 1.5 second weakness or that my missiles can stop their barrage with the correct timing. (Correct timing being something I'm not that great at)

I can't really use much other than my TBG and my Mega Lightning Gun. Other weapons I have just don't do the job.

Also, I'm not an elitist that judges others solely on what bots they use which makes me more objective ^^. I do like to taunt current OP bot users like Koi but its just venting ;P
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 am

Me99909 wrote:
Yea but people keep somehow protesting that 'no you just noob!' So I thought this was a good a place as any to post it.

Because Seraph HD proves the point. It takes zero skill to come out with a positive score with Seraph HD for these reasons..

Wing Spam = invulnerability to Missiles. (1.5 second window when casting subweapon)

A single barrage of the subweapon is enough to make up for the bot being destroyed. Anything on top of that is adding to score.

Thus, the Score system is flawed.

I'm pretty sure the definition of autoplay is "coming out with a positive score (often large, high enough to be top 10 of any match) without any skills and/or effort"

And most of said autoplay bots abuse gimmicks to get ridiculous numbers on the score system anyway

(Resha Amot Vainic support scores anybody?)

There's even Lala Ricotte's BD spam...
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 5:17 am

nova deal 120 damage on 26 tec vs 40TGH lnd, completely ignore dual K-shield
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 7:29 am

Nymph~ wrote:

First hit doesn't take into account tgh...
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:31 am

Hyoka wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

but nova deal many hit after initial damage (9x?), and 1st hit is 77 damage which is above 40 TGH minimum thereshold(72?)
Back to top Go down
-Aera-
-Aera-

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:47 am

reVelske wrote:
-Aera- wrote:
Helping the community rage less one moebot at a time ww.

I believe that goes completely against GMT's mission statement, time to get fired.

Isn't that what you would like though? :V

Not having the arena full of cancer Neutral
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 10:54 am

-Aera- wrote:

Just saying how there's no reason for you to be in a cancerous clan, IF you are indeed someone who has no intention to fag arena up like rest of your clan.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 12:50 pm

Nymph~ wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

but nova deal many hit after initial damage (9x?), and 1st hit is 77 damage which is above 40 TGH minimum thereshold(72?)

I noticed it only happens if you're stuck in the Nova's gravitational field. Get out of the gravfield, you take no residual damage.
Also, dodge nova. Even if it hits you indirectly, you take a little less damage than if it hits you in the face, plus it's a lot easier to escape the gravfield.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 1:17 pm

Had an instance yesterday where I managed to Bugsy-blade block an incoming nova(and the initial damage, it seems), but the grav field still got me for residual damage...still need to test this more to be certain.... *ponders*
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 2:04 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

I noticed it only happens if you're stuck in the Nova's gravitational field. Get out of the gravfield, you take no residual damage.
Also, dodge nova. Even if it hits you indirectly, you take a little less damage than if it hits you in the face, plus it's a lot easier to escape the gravfield.

This applied to Vox Altus too

Why are people saying the same things we already know and thinking it's new
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyMon Jun 18, 2012 8:34 pm

-Aera- wrote:
reVelske wrote:
-Aera- wrote:
Helping the community rage less one moebot at a time ww.

I believe that goes completely against GMT's mission statement, time to get fired.

Not having the arena full of cancer Neutral

It helps when the player them-self isn't cancer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 2:57 am

Charz wrote:
some day i will make your life in game hard just like you did with me on the forums i promise
you lxe

You can't even beat me in a fair and square battle.
Spoiler:

Let me give you some advice.

1. Don't put Handy Bazooka on Mighty Byne, that weapon is not manly enough.
2. Don't put Kamui Staff on MBG, you got pilebunkers already, and also there's an option to purge your armour as well.
3. ABR + Seraph Crimrose? Horrible combination, bad accuracy.
4. 2 main weapons, on each bot is usually enough, 1 for farming and 1 for attacking unless of course you're going for a Alphag build.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 3:04 am

comedy gold
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 7:35 pm

Hell, if this game doesn't require any skill to play then I don't know what would need skill.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:23 pm

so you fooled me and hided your identity nice job bro

even if you beat me in 1 vs 1 you couldn't`t beat me without having at least 2 bots destroyed second you made a restriction of not allowing me to use resha

what amuse me more you could not beat me land vs land

all what you did was flying and dodging like crazy hit and run tactics nice skills you have their bro especially that the cartridges is doing it for you

you translate my warning as i will defeat you but what i mean is as long i can drop your score destroy a bot or two vox your lagy ivis i am completely fine with that making one life harder in CB dose not necessarily require beating them

during that match you actually said that i am good but to be honest i felt like you were making fun of me or underestimating me
and remember it took you too long to beat me so that by itself is a skill

keep your advises for yourself that topic is no place for criticizing builds and remember that my MBG made you chase her for a long time your aiming is not good as you think

have fun with your empty victory LXE and if you think you can end this with a fag match you are wrong this is far from over
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:29 pm

>he's bragging about losing to untuned UC bots with a Resha and god-knows-what-else

Stay classy.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:33 pm

You're still a shitty Resha and Katalina.
Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 5:44 pm

a side note i did not use resha in that match and keep your noses out of the subject please
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:10 pm

Charz wrote:
all what you did was flying and dodging like crazy hit and run tactics nice skills you have their bro especially that the cartridges is doing it for you
THAT'S WHAT SKILL IS.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Charz and me in a 1v1

Back to top Go down
Charz
Artic Char
Artic Char

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:49 pm

oh astral don`t forget about this
Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 ScreenShot_20120621_0120_14_101
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 EmptyWed Jun 20, 2012 7:53 pm

haha charz you got SMASHED
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break   Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Game-play: Redefine "skill" for Cosmic Break
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next