Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Ro]A small guide to Crimrose

Go down 
+97
Seraphcrim
Reg3e
syaondri
blead
dmalone
UncleBobbie
skinator
Strykerr
R3MSpecter
Andrax
Malphes
Reversal
tanjinyi
Trill
Shaftronics
shukran
CapeMike
DavidRain
nzlk
Aria
Yokura
Mew
PhoenixAir
Turkeysaur
God is a Cat Girl
Dracatis
Arti
IAmTheGuy
Rinrin
Nymph~
falcon1
vekpouavteia
Aurum_Sol
efaj
StickyKeys
tehprognoob
Nihil679
Strill
Iseal
NeWIZ
FireKiller87
Gchan
NumeroDoS
Ascaloth
Glass
necrio
Sanzeinga
Swana Hikari
zachie69
BNOISE
Evangeline
Haruka
Z741
knyx
halcyon
zamo
robinatehisdick2
Septium
nakee
LexusLantis
frizky
monkeytheifx
Suguri
griffen
hankzorz
xzpwnz
farith
Broken
D.N Angel
Raven
Nisa
VietPho
Ichijo
Feign
usingcomputer
estehmanis
Sakage-04ext
Intet
TaeTae
113Kyote
gunzlinger
Segawa
DreamyCrowdy
Vareluxe
*Snow*
Foxie
NovaZero
FenixStryk
Admin
Hyoka
milk
Desu
Koao
technomo12
MariyaShidou
Fate
koi
101 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
AuthorMessage
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

[Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:50 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
PhoenixAir wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
-snip-

there's so many things wrong with this build

Specify please?

(I have been playing this game for ~ 110 hours, according to the channel list screen.)

-you have excess str and wlk, and tuned for high boost alpha when they could easily be high boost beta
-you have 40 fly when the last breakpoint is 38
-no point of having 2 int cart upgrades and 38 fly, too much cost. you have about 100 seconds of infinite fly time, no point in having 38 fly at that point.
-Auto Beam Rifle is a horrible weapon to use along with seraph wings, the point of seraph wings is to abuse anti homing as well as be in constant flight. the way abr works is shooting while strafing back and forth or chasing a target so that all 3 beams hit. you kill the purpose of anti homing if your strafing with seraph wings because you dont move around enough.
-fully tuned bots should never have unused capacity(if you want hp tune for hp, dont add more capacity carts then)
-Mecha Jetter Ams aren't that great of an investment. Tentrion AM is more accessible now and is better than mecha jetter ams

also not as big of a problem but good luck getting slotted Eve Ornaments and Ace of Heart Earrings
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:00 pm

PhoenixAir wrote:
tehprognoob wrote:
Revised a little

【Robot Name】
Seraph Crimrose

【Parts】
BD: Seraph Crimrose BDγ
 : Slayer Bit
 : Seraph Crimrose LG [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha] [High Boost Alpha]
 : Seraph Crimrose HD
  : Eve Hair Ornament [High Boost Beta]
  : Ace of Hearts Earrings [High Boost Beta]
 : Seraph Crimrose BS2
 : Mecha Jetter AM [High Boost Beta] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Auto Beam Rifle
 : Mecha Jetter AM [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
  : Buckler [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tough]

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 空
SIZE: S
COST: 1190
CAPA: 1260
HP: 429
STR: 4
TEC: 27
WLK: 2
FLY: 40
TGH: 12

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +70×7
Enhance internal weapon×2
Quick Jump

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×12
Red Chip×65
Yellow Chip×45
Stabilizer×45
Turbo Charger×42
Brake Damper×13
Drum Magazine×30
Guide Circuit×35
Hard Plate×11

there's so many things wrong with this build

No Quick Boost is annoying, although this looks like a Wing Spammer build so you don't need.
40 FLY is luxury, toss a High Boost out and replace with High Tech Alpha.
11 TGH is the breakpoint, drop High Tough to Tough.

Like Phoenix's said already, ABR does not work very well with Seraph Wings. Drop it and grab something better, like Mini Bazooka/WBG/LPG/PG/BGM.

38/40 FLY is useless if you play Wing Spammer. If you so desire, you can drop to 31 or 34 so you can play Seraph outside of shitty-ass Wing Spammer builds, but most Seraph users with this type of build don't.

EVE Ornament has never come 1s as far as I remember. Ace of Hearts Earrings 1s might exist in the UC Gara, but to date I haven't heard of anyone getting one of those.

Honestly, I see Bucklers on Seraph as a waste of time. If you're playing Wing Spam, Bazooka shots are gonna rip that thing off you quickly unless you're playing max height and/or circling techniques(once the dumbasses get it in their heads that their spam2win missiles aren't working). If not, Missile projectiles are gonna rip it off quickly as well. I prefer to toss the shield in favor of a Mini Bazooka for Antiair capabilities and for heavy damage to ground targets(relying heavily on evasion tactics and basic dodging skills, if you don't have this...well honestly you should take the time to develop these, but if you don't stick with the shield. Also, don't swap out the Buckler for Minizook if you've already replaced ABR with Mini), but that's my preference.

Your lack of ground movement carts coupled with the lack of Quick Boost makes you just so much fresh meat if you're dumb with your Seraph Wings. The fact that you're 5 cost over 1185(Crim's next Cost cap down) makes this a lot more aggravating, so this isn't a problem that's easily fixed. You'll have to modify your entire build to fit in something like Float Dash or Short Boost, and also Quick Boost if you want.

Your average TEC is a problem. Not fatal, but annoying. It's easily fixed by modifying your FLY stats and replacing them with High Tech Alpha/Tech. You can gain a total of 6 TEC by dropping STR to 1(cut out three High Boost Alphas, dropping FLY to 34), and then use your remaining cost on Tech to obtain at least 33 TEC.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 6:34 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Like Phoenix's said already, ABR does not work very well with Seraph Wings. Drop it and grab something better, like Mini Bazooka/WBG/LPG/PG/BGM. - Learn to aim

38/40 FLY is useless if you play Wing Spammer. If you so desire, you can drop to 31 or 34 so you can play Seraph outside of shitty-ass Wing Spammer builds, but most Seraph users with this type of build don't. - Nope, 28 is the maximum for a wing spammer

EVE Ornament has never come 1s as far as I remember. Ace of Hearts Earrings 1s might exist in the UC Gara, but to date I haven't heard of anyone getting one of those. - Both of them don't have slots

Honestly, I see Bucklers on Seraph as a waste of time. If you're playing Wing Spam, Bazooka shots are gonna rip that thing off you quickly unless you're playing max height and/or circling techniques(once the dumbasses get it in their heads that their spam2win missiles aren't working). If not, Missile projectiles are gonna rip it off quickly as well. I prefer to toss the shield in favor of a Mini Bazooka for Antiair capabilities and for heavy damage to ground targets(relying heavily on evasion tactics and basic dodging skills, if you don't have this...well honestly you should take the time to develop these, but if you don't stick with the shield. Also, don't swap out the Buckler for Minizook if you've already replaced ABR with Mini), but that's my preference. - Yeah, ABR + Mini Zook

Your lack of ground movement carts coupled with the lack of Quick Boost makes you just so much fresh meat if you're dumb with your Seraph Wings. The fact that you're 5 cost over 1185(Crim's next Cost cap down) makes this a lot more aggravating, so this isn't a problem that's easily fixed. You'll have to modify your entire build to fit in something like Float Dash or Short Boost, and also Quick Boost if you want. - Quick Boost and Float Dash. If you're not wing spamming, add a Quick Jump

Your average TEC is a problem. Not fatal, but annoying. It's easily fixed by modifying your FLY stats and replacing them with High Tech Alpha/Tech. You can gain a total of 6 TEC by dropping STR to 1(cut out three High Boost Alphas, dropping FLY to 34), and then use your remaining cost on Tech to obtain at least 33 TEC. - Don't drop to 34FLY when you're not wing spamming, always go to 38FLY. If you're Wing Spamming, it's 28FLY max. Put mobility over damage.
Fixed up some misconceptions.
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptySun Nov 13, 2011 10:04 pm

Spoiler:
-3s Mach Knight AM from anywhere it drops
-replace one high tech alpha with tough
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:29 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
-snip-

Rinrin wrote:
i dont take tuning into account.

in that case accel ams are still better unless you are in DIRE need of the 1 fly
someone doesnt play air bots much.

LXE wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Like Phoenix's said already, ABR does not work very well with Seraph Wings. Drop it and grab something better, like Mini Bazooka/WBG/LPG/PG/BGM. - Learn to aim
until u actually use it urself and see.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 am

Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Welp, still learning to aim.
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:01 am

Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

I agree Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:28 am

Aria wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
LXE wrote:

I agree Evil or Very Mad
Welp, I did try.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Rinrin wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:
in that case accel ams are still better unless you are in DIRE need of the 1 fly

i will clarify it for you:

if you can not reach your set goal for fly ( in most cases 34 or 38 ) without slapping on those crappy mj ams instead of the better variant accel saber am, then this would be "in DIRE need of the 1 fly"

and this still ignored the option to just tune 1 boost onto accel am to turn it into a mj am with 1 more tech for the same cost
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 2:35 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Rinrin wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

i will clarify it for you:

if you can not reach your set goal for fly ( in most cases 34 or 38 ) without slapping on those crappy mj ams instead of the better variant accel saber am, then this would be "in DIRE need of the 1 fly"

and this still ignored the option to just tune 1 boost onto accel am to turn it into a mj am with 1 more tech for the same cost
which i shall then refer u back to my other post.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:05 pm

Rinrin wrote:

which i shall then refer u back to my other post.

the one with insufficient information or the other one, that explains why you give insufficient information?

its nothing personal, but:
its a guidethread, if you give information, make sure its complete - because if its not complete, it can cause more harm then anything else
some people might actually look for advice in these threads
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
Accel arms are a horrible alternative for s-sized bots
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 7:22 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
pretty much this.
use lily rain AM or something
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 8:43 pm

Er, I can get Tentrion AMs for 600 UC each scratch I have a 3-slot one and I bought a 1S one.

I gather that those are acceptable, right?

'Cause I've been getting a lot of info that's hard to sort for a Diamond-15 rank afro

Since I have no Rt, nor plans for Rt, I kind of want to stick with Wing+ AMJs with MINIMAL tuning. My Seraph is 31 FLY with no Tune if I slap on Wing + AMJs, Tentrion AMs and Mini Bazooka. Which means that a few one-slot parts down the drain and I'll be good to go FLY-wise.

This is my first time planning a bot. It's hard to decide between going with less tuning or having to rely on Wings spam, but because I don't die a lot the wing cannot be abused.

So many decisions QQ
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:05 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
Because it's M-sized, it's larger than Cross Raptor AM.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 9:08 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
Er, I can get Tentrion AMs for 600 UC each scratch I have a 3-slot one and I bought a 1S one.

I gather that those are acceptable, right?

'Cause I've been getting a lot of info that's hard to sort for a Diamond-15 rank afro

Since I have no Rt, nor plans for Rt, I kind of want to stick with Wing+ AMJs with MINIMAL tuning. My Seraph is 31 FLY with no Tune if I slap on Wing + AMJs, Tentrion AMs and Mini Bazooka. Which means that a few one-slot parts down the drain and I'll be good to go FLY-wise.

This is my first time planning a bot. It's hard to decide between going with less tuning or having to rely on Wings spam, but because I don't die a lot the wing cannot be abused.

So many decisions QQ
Tentrion ams are pretty good
LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
Your skills of deduction are amazing, detective conan
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 10:08 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
mfw

O_o
Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyMon Nov 14, 2011 11:46 pm

It's probably because you've been doing that for a while(quoting xz and stating the obvious).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:02 am

nzlk wrote:
It's probably because you've been doing that for a while(quoting xz and stating the obvious).
Hell, I'm Captain Obvious.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 am

i shoulda stopped when i saw it was Aurum_Sol.

xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
finally.

LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
omaigawd, srsly!? i didnt noe M was larger than S!

xzpwnz wrote:
i loled.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 pm

Rinrin wrote:

you wont have to read my stuff the second you stop writing stupid things in guidethreads, its that simple

Rinrin wrote:

xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please
xzpwnz wrote:
finally.

he wrote that alot of posts ago already, theres no reason for you to put a "finally." under it as this unrelated to the comparison of mj am to accel am
+ i already wrote that there are better alternatives
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 9:05 am

Aurum_Sol wrote:
Rinrin wrote:

you wont have to read my stuff the second you stop writing stupid things in guidethreads, its that simple

Rinrin wrote:

xzpwnz wrote:
Ladies, please

finally.

he wrote that alot of posts ago already, theres no reason for you to put a "finally." under it as this unrelated to the comparison of mj am to accel am
+ i already wrote that there are better alternatives
u obviously didnt understand, and im not gonna bother anymore.

and that finally was to mean 'finally, u post again to say'
+ i already wrote i dont use either of them cos they both suck.
Back to top Go down
DavidRain
Despairing Abbey
Despairing Abbey

Male Posts : 157

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:07 am

Whoa major cat fight, lets agree to disagree. I'm trying to get a few tips here for my first crim but I can't filter so much stuff at once.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:57 am

Wouldn't mind seeing a much simplified Seraph guide myself....

Finally got one recently after ages of work, and the blasted thing's -way- too fast in the air for me in Seraph-form...; can't keep it properly aimed at anything...tackle's useless for me, given my utter fail at melee...garaged her after 2 matches and haven't touched her since...maybe I'm just missing something despite the fact I constantly get shredded by them.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 12:32 pm

CapeMike wrote:
Wouldn't mind seeing a much simplified Seraph guide myself....

Finally got one recently after ages of work, and the blasted thing's -way- too fast in the air for me in Seraph-form...; can't keep it properly aimed at anything...tackle's useless for me, given my utter fail at melee...garaged her after 2 matches and haven't touched her since...maybe I'm just missing something despite the fact I constantly get shredded by them.... :(

tackle isnt necessarily used only for melee attacking, its also used as evasive maneuver

there are many ways to play seraph, its possible that you just played it in a way that doesnt suit your playstyle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose   [Ro]A small guide to Crimrose - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Ro]A small guide to Crimrose
Page 14 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next