Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The shadow( A small land guide)

Go down 
+2
tehprognoob
dragongx92
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

Male Posts : 236

The shadow( A small land guide) Empty
PostSubject: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 1:45 pm

I have been messing around with some small bots and decide to test out a build.

Spoiler:

I like running around the enemy team and shooting the crap out of the arts staring at the sky looking for air. This may be a waste of cost on a team but I see a killer in the future. Basically you run in shoot a few times and run out. Doing this when you see a opening can really mess people up. Again, this build is a "I wanna have fun" build. I die after the enemy shits on my face cuz no one like short people, I guess. Sad
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:17 pm

1. Great Run
No; just no

2. Accel saber LG
Again, no

3. Stealth system
/Sniper sight
kind of pointless if you're going to faceplant into Art camp

4. -3 FLY
WTF

5. NO MOVEMENT CARTS
NOT EVEN SWAY
GTFO.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 3:49 pm

1. My mistake
2. why not Accel saber lgs?? A base of 4 wlk not good enough?? Also concidering I got like 4 3s of these things..
3. Hes a ninja, if you dont see him and you dont react right away then it gives me enough time to pop some shots and get out to do it again.
4. lol?
5.Would i even want boost run if im just gonna kite around them?? dont want boost running out of juic while i ride around them. Then again I will be fast(speed demon). Also, you got me on sway.

Here is a updated build...AND FLY IS OVER 0 FYI -_-

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:15 pm

2. Accel LGs are fat and inefficient. You end up paying for a sub weaon that can't do shit and quadruples hitbox with an S size core

3. Broad Radar and eyeballs say hi; Broad overrides stealth

4. Never 0 a mobility stat because
a. you severely hamper your own ability to maneuver
b. all the useful lnd mobility carts rely on greater than 0 values for both wlk and fly

5. Which leads me to this point: Boost run is just one option. What's essential is short boost, especially on LND, because it gives you both maneuverability and evasiveness

EDIT: Oh, and prop BSJ is junk because it's 15 cost/stat versus 5 cost/stat, the basic.
Will look more when I get home.

Last edited by tehprognoob on Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:16 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
2. Accel LGs are fat and inefficient. You end up paying for a sub weaon that can't do shit and quadruples hitbox with an S size core
They actually have average efficiency, but they're only good for HP-centric builds that don't care about size, and there are a million better leg choices for HP-centric builds.

and then yeah putting fatass legs on a tiny core is pretty dumb

tehprognoob wrote:
5. Which leads me to this point: Boost run is just one option. What's essential is short boost, especially on LND, because it gives you both maneuverability and evasiveness
Among the other eight billion problems with Shadow Hunter, he doesn't have quick land or quick jump のヮの
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Ok ok thanks for clearing that up about accel lg. I Also forgot that the more wlk you have the easier it is to land on the ground. So short boost would be good rather than boost run. Sweet, just a few things I gotta switch around and ill be good. I am just trying to learn about other bots as well as support ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 4:48 pm

also your point about boost run is a bit invalid, if you're worried about running out in the middle of them then you should probably stop somewhere safe right before them and wait for it to recharge.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:08 pm

I dont like boost run because I want a constant speed while running.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:13 pm

boost run does give you a constant speed.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:15 pm

Do you have to stop to recharge boost gauge???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:17 pm

that doesn't mean it isn't a constant run speed, boost run only activates when you're running.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 5:33 pm

I see. Hmm...
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 6:32 pm

Here's a very good boostrun video with violet tier boostrun/sway/drum machine gun

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm15117028
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Wow sway is epic. Very epic....
Back to top Go down
butthurtlander

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:08 pm

it takes a lot of skill to use it to it's best potential though. you can slide right through melee with that thing.
Back to top Go down
dragongx92
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
dragongx92

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:25 pm

I did not know this....WHY.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:32 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
Here's a very good boostrun video with violet tier boostrun/sway/drum machine gun

http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm15117028

>mfw people in CBJP play decent swayers in this meta

Fuck CBEN, I'm off to CBJP, that shit is awesome.
Back to top Go down
butthurtlander

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:34 pm

if that's the video i think it is then it's extremely old

even for a few months ago it's terribly old
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 7:41 pm

butthurtlander wrote:
if that's the video i think it is then it's extremely old

even for a few months ago it's terribly old

Hell, he survived when HD Ivis was out. Awesome enough for me.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyTue Jul 03, 2012 8:15 pm

He can still survive fine with that thing

Nothing is going to catch him running at full speed; he can probably outrun a Nova shot at long enough range.

Also Sway was supposed to let you run through other people, so that's where you get your invincibility frames, although I would still take short boost over sway any day.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Moved.

Land Types -> Gameplay Questions/Discussions

It doesn't look like a guide, really. ( ・_・)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The shadow( A small land guide)   The shadow( A small land guide) Empty

Back to top Go down

The shadow( A small land guide)
Page 1 of 1