Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide

Go down 
+17
Aurum_Sol
Bayonette
blead
Trill
xzpwnz
LS3
Tuskin
FireKiller87
Dune
Blizt
reVelske
vekupo
Mew
Suguri
God is a Cat Girl
IncuSlave
tehprognoob
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide Empty
PostSubject: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:30 pm

*Will change picture later to reduce size.

Spoiler:

A Guide for Using Crimrose in the Modern Meta

Part I: Crimrose

If you have a non-HD Crimrose, then do the following:

Take random carts, get her to lv. 10, go buy a Seraph Promotion, NOT the SP one. Make a gamma BD Seraph. Promoted below 10? GTFO; you wasted a Promo.

Part II: Making a Distinction: Seraph vs. Seraph

Seraph VS. FC Seraph, to be exact

A Seraph is a shorthand denoting Seraph Crimrose, an upgraded version of Crimrose, with gimmicky wings, bad capa, and fairly straightforward build paths.

An FC Seraph is the HD version of the original Seraph Crimrose. She has locked parts, a more well-defined pair of breasts, and a Seraph Nova ability locked into her LGs. FC Seraph can only be made through using an "FC" Promo on an HD version of Crimrose (BD8 and BD10). The Seraph Nova makes this Seraph an eyes-shut-click-once-to-Gamewarrior-bot. If you are looking for a guide regarding FC Seraph (also called HD Seraph) then please remove your genitals to avoid contaminating the human gene pool with your retardation.

A regular Seraph Crimrose is played in one way: Wing abuse. Wings give the equivalent of 45 FLY, with poor turning speed, and gives anti homing. A Seraph Crimrose plays by taking out her Wings, doing damage, and then falling and either dying outright or spending a few minutes more spamming the BD Tackle melee, your one main weapon, or both, until she dies. Alternatively, feel free to move back to PS if you have enough ammo and HP and play defensively.

The 45 FLY also gives Seraph the best hopping ability in game, more or less. As of now there are almost no EN Seraph hoppers.

Part III: Things to note

Wings:

Tackling:

Part IV: Building your Seraph Crimrose

Focus:

Carts:
Parts:

Tuning:

Important Breakpoints:

TGH Breakpoints***:8449:

Example builds:

Variants:

References:

* Only with an LG with a BS slot, since Seraph has none
**Crappy but usable
***See References

Last edited by tehprognoob on Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:56 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 12:53 pm

Scissor slice can be pretty epic when used right, but it burns through ammo so quickly. Dunno if you want to add it.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Quote :
>Beam Shooter/Mod-->Beam crossbow. Wonderful weapon. Gara/Chibi wars (0S)
BSM is 0s to 3s.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 5:19 pm

Going to just throw it out there that a lot of this is inaccurate/poor advice.

You can pretty much use whatever weapon you want on a Seraph, she's quite versatile. Some highly effective options include Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun Mod, Mini Bazooka, Beam Shooter Mod, Ballista Shooter Mod, Combat Gatling, Double Beam Machinegun, Multi Mega Beam Gun, Assist Pump Gun, Assist Pump Gun Mod, Paralyzer Mod

(I would NOT recommend slice gun on a seraph unless you're hopping; slice guns are pretty ineffective flying)

ABR was never really good, people just never saw the potential in the other available options. The damage output is way too low to consider it over other weapons, and with Seraph turn speed it's near-impossible to use with wings out.

The parts you listed are also counterproductive, as they don't emphasize tec and tgh; the two important stats. Parts you should be using are more like:

・Any LG with a BS slot (Laz LG/LG2, Izuna LG), or small LGs with either lots of free stats (froglander) or tec/tgh emphasis (ace braver, etc)
・Arms with tec/tgh emphasis. (Skullroid, Tarantulic, etc) All arms with -fly are statistically relevant.
・If you have a BS slot, Tentrion BS for stats, Ace Braver BS for looks, Adone BS for both.

Str, wlk, and fly can all be 1. Tgh should probably be at least 23 unless you have CV tuned (note: CV > Clearance for airs). Anything remaining should be put into tec (which in all probability will probably reach 33~40 regardless of weapon selection).

I also wouldn't worry about HP much on a Seraph; you're done after 99 seconds no matter what (well, not entirely true; I've tacked on another 1100 damage after wings expire on BSM builds before. Guess the HP would add to how long you can tacklespam afterward too).
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 pm

Fixed it to the best of my knowledge.

Could you elaborate on the Rt weapons? I don't quite know Multi Mega Beam Gun. Will also need help on the weapon tunes.

Also, you're not done for after 99 seconds...I do fine playing 90% of the match as normal Air and I'm not exactly
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 pm

When I use(d) Seraph I just 3 winged spam and when those 99 seconds were up I tackle spammed to my death.

Without wings, you're very easy to kill.

Seraph isn't exactly meant for very extended battles.

It's about making sure your damage is higher than your cost.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 10:05 pm

Mew wrote:
It's about making sure your damage is higher than your cost.
Just as importantly it's about mass distraction.

Against heavy-homing teams, a Seraph can pretty much dive as far behind enemy lines as they want. They won't disrupt as much as a beet hd or hatemachine, but they can easily spearhead a rush and keep the enemy team held back for a bit.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 11:23 pm

Mialy

Aheu

EVEs that know how to aim

C. Veil is almost a must in this meta.

Actually Clearance does work

BTW It's quite possible to play defensively after wings run out. What REALLY annoys me is derp Seraphs falling after taking out wings.

What I do want to know is how to counter multiple Wing Moes in rooms

Pimp godly graphics card?
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

Male Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:55 am

Suguri wrote:

ABR was never really good, people just never saw the potential in the other available options. The damage output is way too low to consider it over other weapons, and with Seraph turn speed it's near-impossible to use with wings out.

Hopefully a newbie's opinion will prove valuable, but I sincerely believe the Power Shooter is better than ABR. Aside from the fact that it fits my playstyle, it's manageable even with high FLY stat. (though i admit i didn't get too much fly yet XD)

Suguri wrote:

Str, wlk, and fly can all be 1. Tgh should probably be at least 23 unless you have CV tuned (note: CV > Clearance for airs). Anything remaining should be put into tec (which in all probability will probably reach 33~40 regardless of weapon selection).

I hope i don't come off as arrogant, but 1 fly on a Crimrose? Or did i miss something in your post, or something this humble newbie does not know?

Also, what do you guys think of homing wisps coming from Izuna BS? I seem to see lots of people commenting negatively on them in the forums, but I see a lot of players use it in game on their Crimroses.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:30 am

1 FLY because Wings give 40+ FLY
You won't survive past 99 sec in this meta unless you sacrifice a few seconds of wing to get away (what I like to do)

Izuna LG2 makes your Crim's hitbox M sized, are slow and have shit AoE. Mach Knight Ace LG if you REALLY need homing weapon. Still makes you drop altitude so it's probably better on a different Core with Air LOOP
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:38 am

Regarding the question about FLY:

Thanks, and I guess i see the point of it. I seem to have a misconception that there are only limited instances of wing usage. But isn't there any merit to staying in combat after the wings are all out? I always imagined Seraph users to be using their wings sparingly.

Regarding the Izuna LG:

I guess it's just a playstyle thing. I'm pretty comfy with my wisps, but maybe I ought to try Mach Knight Ace LG's if that's the case. I guess I sort of don't mind the M size hitbox though, as I play with my Izuna Kamui Nagi (unmodified) pretty comfortably too, but that could change as I improve in this game.

(Edited as seen above.)
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:53 am

tehprognoob wrote:

BTW It's quite possible to play defensively after wings run out. What REALLY annoys me is derp Seraphs falling after taking out wings.

That might have worked like...maybe in Sugoi Era and before back.

Right now?

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:54 am

What exactly do you mean by, "Sugoi Era"?
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:57 am

When Sugoi Gara came out and arena was dominated by Aquila Girl and Toybox Girl.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:01 am

Those are cute bots. How come I don't see them often? I personally find those 2 easier to the eyes than Akane and Adone.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:02 am

Because, they are dominated by Resha and Eris who have flooded the arena.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:07 am

O-okay... back to topic though...

I still don't get why as you put it... resort to "tackle spamming" after the wings are used up. There must be some merit to lasting longer than that.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:03 pm

Seraph is just a generic AIR after you're done with wings. And, with like less than 10 FLY what else can you do?

Tackle spam!
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:09 pm

Mew wrote:
Seraph is just a generic AIR after you're done with wings. And, with like less than 10 FLY what else can you do?
Play defensively and shoot things.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:10 pm

So assuming i decide to keep adequate fly I can keep on fighting yes? Though I wonder if it's worth hurting tec and tgh...

I see the point though. Seraph unleashes as much awesome fury as she can for the duration of the wings, dies, rinse and repeat for awesome results. I'm guessing hyper shot and wonder drugs are good items to carry? If i play seraph like that i won't even worry about having little ammo. I doubt a seraph built this way will consume all her ammo before wings run out?

And assuming i go with the less than 10 fly build, how should i go about with defensive play? (I.e. recommended weapons to use, optimal targets when defensive, etc)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:18 pm

vekupo wrote:
I doubt a seraph built this way will consume all her ammo before wings run out?
You'd be surprised. Sometimes I run out of ammo before wings when using plasma mod, assist pump mod, or beam shooter mod. You always will with mini bazooka.

vekupo wrote:
And assuming i go with the less than 10 fly build, how should i go about with defensive play? (I.e. recommended weapons to use, optimal targets when defensive, etc)
With most weapons you'd probably be best off retreating to the PS and just shooting anything that comes in range. With some longer ranged weapons like beam shooter mod you can still usually keep fighting as long as you keep an elevation advantage over your target and don't attempt to chase.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 12:30 pm

If you want to keep fighting after wings run out, you'd either A) play oldschool Koi 1-Wing Seraph, 38 FLY Accel Roll/Loop with 1 wing or B) Get 28/31 FLY using Tentrion AMs and FLY-based LGs like Seraph LGs

You lose a LOT of TEC and TGH, and have limited options. You must take more Capa carts. High cost weapons are generally closed to you.
Back to top Go down
Blizt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Blizt

Male Posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:07 pm

Hmm...is there any tip/trick to not falling after wing activated? >.<

I tried holding space bar all the way and jumping at certain frames, but I only succeed a handful of time, not sure where I did wrong :/
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:09 pm

I wrote:

Not Derping:
When Wings activate, Seraph will fall. If you press the space bar wrong, you will drop to the ground and turn into free frag. Do not do this; learn to press space bar at the right time.
(There is also a technique for tackling into the air to keep yourself in flight. I always do this, melee tracking has never screwed me over, but be careful that it CAN make you nosedive and die in an embarrassing way)

Holding down space bar the whole time does not work. Hit space bar a half second or so after wings solidify.

Practice in the lobby.
Back to top Go down
vekupo
vekupo

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

tehprognoob wrote:
If you want to keep fighting after wings run out, you'd either A) play oldschool Koi 1-Wing Seraph, 38 FLY Accel Roll/Loop with 1 wing or B) Get 28/31 FLY using Tentrion AMs and FLY-based LGs like Seraph LGs

You lose a LOT of TEC and TGH, and have limited options. You must take more Capa carts. High cost weapons are generally closed to you.

Does that mean i'm doing it wrong with power shooter (pretty high cost)? *sniff*

Hmm, maybe i'd like to try getting Tentrion AMs and such. Seraph LG's are basically the default one's, yes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide   [Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

[Ro] Updated Crimrose Guide
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next