Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry

Go down 
+27
nakee
Raal
RoboFranky
zachie69
LordShade
kynaree
Hyoka
shinigami
BNOISE
D.N Angel
-ACHTUNG-
necrio
Idontlive
FrozenEdge
knyx
Broken
Nisa
Intet
Z741
DreamyCrowdy
Suguri
Myzr
griffen
NumeroDoS
SaberAlter
IcyAmiki
xzpwnz
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 11:49 am

Nisa wrote:
LordShade wrote:
ditched the wisps, and got my seraph of doom.

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 2ujjjnd

Way too sloooow

I'm working on that, but i need a great capa upgrade for more tune ups, i can't fit much more on her.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 4:48 pm

You have enough spare capa to tune +12 fly with High Boost Beta. I'm not seeing why you'd need to capa tune your LG.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:02 pm

The only problems I have with the MiniZook is that it reduces the Fly stat, and is highly inaccurate. (Trolling Ni-chan - MINIZOOK SUCKS!!!)
I managed to use a LPG and my 40 fly destroy an Izuna equipped with MiniZook.
BMG isn't really that bad, it's got heaps of ammo, when you run out of LPG ammo.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 12:49 am

LXE wrote:
The only problems I have with the MiniZook is that it reduces the Fly stat, and is highly inaccurate. (Trolling Ni-chan - MINIZOOK SUCKS!!!)
BMG isn't really that bad, it's got heaps of ammo, when you run out of LPG ammo.
Well, you used a large liquid petroleum gas container. Hitting someone with that thing is sure to knock him/her off the sky.

besides, brickgale BLUE's BMG only has 240 ammo. It is highly accurate though, almost no spread at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 13, 2011 2:59 am

necrio wrote:
LXE wrote:
Well, you used a large liquid petroleum gas container. Hitting someone with that thing is sure to knock him/her off the sky.

besides, brickgale BLUE's BMG only has 240 ammo. It is highly accurate though, almost no spread at all.
LPG = Limited Plasma Gun
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 21, 2011 10:05 pm

necrio wrote:
LXE wrote:

Petroleum Gas.... ROFL... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:25 am

LXE wrote:
The only problems I have with the MiniZook is that it reduces the Fly stat, and is highly inaccurate.

4 words.

You're doing it wrong.

If a meager 2 fly means too much to you, or a weapon with explosive + shell with a big projectile and pretty high damage for a 160 ammo weapon that has a high rate of stun and only costing 60 is a bad idea, then I have no idea what to say.

I guess its not for you.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:36 am

I'm still wondering how he could possibly think it's inaccurate.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:45 am

why dont you tune for great rapid,

it's actually my fave weapon for air
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 9:58 am

I would follow the current fad in going with Plasma Gun+Mini zook on my Seraph, but I'm too wussy to let go of my Viper Shield for a Mini zook. :[
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:08 am

NumeroDoS wrote:
I would follow the current fad in going with Plasma Gun+Mini zook on my Seraph, but I'm too wussy to let go of my Viper Shield for a Mini zook. :[

me too, before using ABR+mini zook, i was using viper shield and plasma gun XD i didnt regret using mini zook. It really pays off after you get used to it.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:10 am

Suguri wrote:
I'm still wondering how he could possibly think it's inaccurate.

I know right? Especially when he claims to be able to aim at other AIRs with a Plasma Gun.

nakee wrote:

Great Rapid eh? I'd rather tune it with High Fly so it gives 0 Fly penalty. -3 to walk, sure, but eh.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:22 am

Shaftronics wrote:

nakee wrote:

Great Rapid eh? I'd rather tune it with High Fly so it gives 0 Fly penalty. -3 to walk, sure, but eh.

i also have +2 fly on mine since im pretty comfortable with it's original projectile speed (and i really need those extra slots for stats), but i think it will help for accuracy xD
once i find a free slot on my seraph, i'd consider using a rapid tuned zooka to see what's better
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:27 am

I personally find 280 speed to be plenty for the range you'll be using it in, I'd tune it for Force instead if anything.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:32 am

THE MINIBAZOOKA DOESN'T SUCK

YOU DO!
Back to top Go down
Mirien
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 150

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 10:53 am

How good is the Plasma Gun with a Mini Bazooka?
I'm actually using that since I took off the heavy bs and replaced by Tengu's bs
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:00 am

I suck with minizook since I don't like getting too close to other AIRs.

And when they're that close, BMGs and military guns do much better for me anyways, the 260 projectile speed isn't enough for me because I apparently can't hit with any weapon with below 300 speed.

Yes, I suck.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:03 am

Its less about the aiming and more about maneuvering them so that they actually fly into your shots.

Takes practice, I'll admit.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:08 am

Mirien wrote:
How good is the Plasma Gun with a Mini Bazooka?
I'm actually using that since I took off the heavy bs and replaced by Tengu's bs
Essentially the ideal setup for typical air use.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Its less about the aiming and more about maneuvering them so that they actually fly into your shots.

What I lack in accuracy I make up in MORE DAKKA

therefore the BMGs / military guns on all my AIRs.

And besides, I suck at juggling weapons. Cue me scratching my head each time I use my 6 weapon brickgale.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:13 am

Eh, I play a 5-weapon Air Raider myself.

2 BMGs.
2 Mini Zooka
Pulse Missiles

Though I can easily pull 6 with Lucheer's HD.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 22, 2011 11:27 am

necrio wrote:
Shaftronics wrote:

What I lack in accuracy I make up in MORE DAKKA

therefore the BMGs / military guns on all my AIRs.

And besides, I suck at juggling weapons. Cue me scratching my head each time I use my 6 weapon brickgale.

I've been using 2 military guns on my blue brick lately.

I find it much easier to use than minizook, since I can maintain a steady stream of bullets on the enemy better than zooks, and the DPS isn't bad either.

The spread is very small as well, making it very accurate, like BrickBlue's AM...

So with 2 Military guns (400 ammo) and BrickBlue's AM (240 ammo), I have 640 rounds of high damaging, accurate bullets to kill enough bots before I die.

Also, Pulse guns are fun to use in maps where AIR types are usually very high, like relic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 2:39 am

Nisa wrote:
THE MINIBAZOOKA DOES SUCK
Problem?:
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 3:29 am

From my experience IzunaLG , DikarosAM/TesladonnaAM is the only one for SM air lolibots. That's because flying puts a distance between you and your target, permanently. Melee air is dumb, unless "TEC < STR". That's why I concentrated on TEC and FLY and just enjoy the fireworks....

Of course this means my Air is lightweight. Not much Capacity carts, most went to improve Internal Weapons.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 23, 2011 8:53 am

Lol,I'm used to the minizook so I can't really remember what's so hard about the learning curve,All i know is I hit other air's with absoulutely no problem (unless they are 4 heights above me,or out of range)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next