Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hopping Questions and Tactics

Go down 
+6
NumeroDoS
reVelske
Raven
IronFist
EMPattack
NeWIZ
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Hopping Questions and Tactics Empty
PostSubject: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:57 pm

I've seen what hopping is like in the arena, but I have some questions:

1. Which bots are best suited for the hopping combat style?
2. How much of a difference does it make compared to a bot that uses dashing/running mobility?
3. What are some advisable tactics to keep mind for hoppers vs bots that use dash/run mobility in combat?
4. How effective can hopping be compared to other styles of combat/mobility?

Any other opinions and advice welcome.
Back to top Go down
EMPattack
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
EMPattack

Male Posts : 225

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:30 pm

>cookiecutter spotted
>proceed to eliminating target
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:17 pm

NeWIZ wrote:

2. How much of a difference does it make compared to a bot that uses dashing/running mobility?
3. What are some advisable tactics to keep mind for hoppers vs bots that use dash/run mobility in combat?

so, lets answer it all . . .
bots like Lily and EVE are great for that but other bots are also good and can be great too.

its because to aim at something that run or fly at the same height is easier than to fire at something that change, constantly, height and direction.

keep hop hop and dont stop fireing at your targets. when u see someone can hit u often, get the hell out of there as fast as u can.

its effective because a hopper is harder to hit because of aim (and auto-aim sometimes make it harder, what also include homming missiles, also its a fast change of position and allow u to fire all weapons and change position fast, what fatarts cant do.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm

IronFist wrote:
NeWIZ wrote:

so, lets answer it all . . .
bots like Lily and EVE are great for that but other bots are also good and can be great too.

Accel Saber is the token hopping core. Anything with a small frame and access to short boost and quick land (only short boost is REALLY necessary though) can hop.

Lily Rain and EVE are suited for float dash. Bots with a higher FLY should probably be float dashing over short boosting.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:27 pm

Please ignore IronFist, he has - as usual - not the slightest clue what he's talking about.

1. AccelSaber
2. More evasive.
3. Watch where you are hopping.
4. See 2 and 3. Melee > you, so is Air to some degree, so as mentioned, watch where you are hopping to/from and what's coming at you to make sure you don't throw yourself into a sticky situation.

Last edited by reVelske on Mon May 02, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:28 pm

I edited my post and instead it quoted a second one. This post never happened.

Last edited by Raven on Mon May 02, 2011 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:30 pm

IronFist wrote:

Woah, I want some of that weed you're smoking, man.

For your basic hopping bot, Accel Saber is one of the best bot you can get, since he's M-sized, good stats and two HD slots. Then there's Frog Lander if you want to play things small and low-cost.

Other hoppers are, but not limited to, Maril March, Lazflamme and Amateus. (Those are the only ones I know at the moment)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:40 pm

Accel Seiba, TBG, Amateus, anything else with short boost and quick land.
Like mountain and river.
Remember that you can still run, not just hopping.
It's good against anything that can't get close to you and rape your brains out or shitty at their aiming.

Last edited by Cori on Mon May 02, 2011 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:42 pm

reVelske wrote:
Please ignore IronFist, he has - as usual - not the slightest clue what he's talking about.

1. AccelSaber
2. More evasive.
4. See 2 and 3. Melee > you, so is Air to some degree, so as mentioned, watch where you are hopping to/from and what's coming at you to make sure you don't throw yourself into a sticky situation.

1. AccelSaber (depend on how u play with it too, not everyone play good with it btw . . . hes at the "other bots can be great too" )
-"bots like Lily and EVE are great for that but other bots are also good and can be great too."

2. More evasive. (and by "to fire at something that change, constantly, height and
direction" mean the same thing, u have better chances to dodge with it by just hop hop around, sure that its better if u have skill with it but the hop hop by itself already make it harder so Im not wrong)
-"its
because to aim at something that run or fly at the same height is
easier than to fire at something that change, constantly, height and
direction."

3. Watch where you are hopping. (oh yes, should have used the words "when u see someone CAN fire at you often, AND IT DEPENDS ON YOUR POSITION AND ENEMY POSITION ON THE FIELD" but thats also not wrong. when u see u`re taking a lot of damage, get the hell out of there because someone is being able to aim at you even if u`re hopping - hoppers arent untouchable )
-"keep
hop hop and dont stop fireing at your targets. when u see someone can
hit u often, get the hell out of there as fast as u can."

4. See 2 and 3. Melee > you, so is Air to some degree, so as
mentioned, watch where you are hopping to/from and what's coming at you
to make sure you don't throw yourself into a sticky situation.

(if u know how to dodge, no, a hopper can own a melee spammer if the hopper know WHEN to dodge and HOW to dodge . . .Moving Burst also help a lot doing this too).
-"its
effective because a hopper is harder to hit because of aim (and
auto-aim sometimes make it harder, what also include homming missiles,
also its a fast change of position and allow u to fire all weapons and
change position fast, what fatarts cant do."

so, I must say that, as ever, I think u barely start to read whatever I write and say its bullshit, when most of the time its the same thing with different words, also considering other situations.

also,

at #3, if u stop hop hop u become an easier target, whats not a good idea as u should take advantage of it (if u cant aim with it while u hop hop then u should improve your aim skills, and when I say u I mean anyone using a hopper)

at #4, I compared the hop hop ARTs mobility with the non-hop hop ARTs mobility (or lack of mobility)

to just say "Please ignore IronFist, he has - as usual - not the slightest clue what he's talking about." make it look like u really havent read anything at all. an about AccelSaber . . . never tried to hop hop, just with Lily and I also could check a lot of EVEs hop hop so I gave my opinion based on what I do and what I know, also I know that many other bots can be good too, maybe even better (what also depend on how u play with it and not about the bot. u can have the best bot with the best build up and still doing bad with it if it dont fit your way of playing)
Back to top Go down
TommoPuppy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TommoPuppy

Male Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Nobody bothers to read your posts if they're 100 pages long, just so you know.
Back to top Go down
http://tommopuppy.deviantart.com
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:03 pm

TommoPuppy wrote:
Nobody bothers to read your posts if they're 100 pages long, just so you know.
I read both posts, and
reVelske wrote:
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyMon May 02, 2011 11:24 pm

IronFist wrote:
reVelske wrote:

1. AccelSaber
2. More evasive.

1. AccelSaber (depend on how u play with it too, not everyone play good with it btw . . . hes at the "other bots can be great too" )
-"bots like Lily and EVE are great for that but other bots are also good and can be great too."

u shud have said "Small Land bots like Accel Saber. Other bots like Lily and EVE can be great too." instead of the other way around.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 3:38 am

I have not the slightest fucking clue what's his obsession with hopping Lily and EVE is, hell, Lily doesn't even have Quick Land. They both CAN use Short Boost as an evasive maneuver, but they are not what people meant when they speak of hoppers.

Again, IronFist, please stop basing your advice/statement on groundless assumptions, bad observations and your poor understanding of the game.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:25 am

NeWIZ wrote:

Anything with Short Boost + Quick Land
LND : Accel Saber
ART : Amateus
AIR : Gograsis F Type
SUP : Bugsycait

Its friggin harder to hit

Keep away from Vanguards O 3O. Melee is hoppers enemy....unless maybe its hoppin Bugsycait

Hoppin is most evasive maneuver evar

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:27 am

Sorry if this is a REALLY dumb thing to ask but, how do you hop with TBG? I tried using the hop and quick land cartridges on it, but since the sub weapon missiles (that TBG is infamous for) push her back everytime she uses it, it seems to do more harm than good. Atm I'm giving her more walkspeed so that she can go run from sniping spot to sniping spot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 5:36 am

Kouzuki wrote:
Sorry if this is a REALLY dumb thing to ask but, how do you hop with TBG? I tried using the hop and quick land cartridges on it, but since the sub weapon missiles (that TBG is infamous for) push her back everytime she uses it, it seems to do more harm than good. Atm I'm giving her more walkspeed so that she can go run from sniping spot to sniping spot.
Easy, use your main weapon(s) instead.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:14 am

bout any LND can hop

try hoppin Manly Byne for epic lulz
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 7:38 am

reVelske wrote:
I have not the slightest fucking clue what's his obsession with hopping Lily and EVE is, hell, Lily doesn't even have Quick Land. They both CAN use Short Boost as an evasive maneuver, but they are not what people meant when they speak of hoppers.

Again, IronFist, please stop basing your advice/statement on groundless assumptions, bad observations and your poor understanding of the game.

so, the book or get out . . .

lol.

k, try finding good Lily or EVE hoppers (or just jumpers if u dont want to call it hoppers as, according to the book, they cant hop) then tell me if u`re not tempted to do the same . . . (maybe because with Lily or EVE u dont start tthe jump by pressing the jump key, but the fact is that they arent flying, arent either running at the ground, so its like a small jump that, if u want, u can start to FLY untill boost is over).

Lily and EVE, for example, they dont "jump" that high but the key to use it good is to keep "jump" key pressed and make good use of movement and speed while not taking back to the ground (what sometimes mean to fly untill the boost end but then u will fly slow, u just have speed while u`re really "jumping", then u fly at normal speed for the bot u`re using )and, as u land u can repeat it, without boost gauge, and even without quick land u can do it almost non-stop (what, its a 0.2 sec, maybe 0.1 sec u get stopped at the ground . . would quick land make it so better? my Lily still lvl 6 so I still can place some carts on her Smile)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics EmptyTue May 03, 2011 8:38 am

RoboFranky wrote:
NeWIZ wrote:

Anything with Short Boost + Quick Land
LND : Accel Saber
ART : Amateus
AIR : Gograsis F Type
SUP : Bugsycait

Its friggin harder to hit

Keep away from Vanguards O 3O. Melee is hoppers enemy....unless maybe its hoppin Bugsycait

Hoppin is most evasive maneuver evar

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Adding TBG, Hoverion, and Maril to the list of arthoppers, btw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hopping Questions and Tactics   Hopping Questions and Tactics Empty

Back to top Go down

Hopping Questions and Tactics
Page 1 of 1