Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry

Go down 
+27
nakee
Raal
RoboFranky
zachie69
LordShade
kynaree
Hyoka
shinigami
BNOISE
D.N Angel
-ACHTUNG-
necrio
Idontlive
FrozenEdge
knyx
Broken
Nisa
Intet
Z741
DreamyCrowdy
Suguri
Myzr
griffen
NumeroDoS
SaberAlter
IcyAmiki
xzpwnz
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:58 am

Hyoka wrote:

Testing on Haku is not reliable. Especially because most of his forms are weak to melee, not ranged damage.

I also tested it on Berz.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 4:08 am

Suguri wrote:
-ACHTUNG- wrote:
You can get that Crossbow Thingy ppl are flying around with, YES I dont know what it is, All I know is that its got godly range and it hurts.
Cross Shooter in gara 3? Yeah, that thing's pretty great. ABR's better though.

I think... because he saw me... I'm the one using Air Raider with 370 range Cross Shooter... ^^..
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:21 pm

ICY. You do realize that I posted that BEFORE I logged in and saw you (I actually didnt see you coz Faint and LINK3R were more prominent)

If you got one then the Garulabird AM is a nice weapon, Essentially a Raid Rifle (that fires more) for Air tho its ammo is less than to be usefull in long engagements.
UGH P3D0B34R5
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 5:51 pm

A few things that I noticed weren't heavily mentioned, or mentioned at all.

-Beam Gun Mod is very similar to a Wide Beam Gun, with better range, speed, and a faster rate of fire, but one less force and smaller bullets. It also has 30 less cost. I find it easier to hit with, and it gives you room for either larger weapons or x6 High Boost Beta tunes (+12 fly!), so if you want to go the beam gun route it's very worth considering.

-Beam Accelguns aren't as good as regular accelguns, but accelguns in general are fantastic and airs can't use the regular ones. It's got good range, is really cheap atm (only 10 RT), and is plenty easy to hit with. I did see it was mentioned on page 1 a bit, but it deserves to be mentioned again while it's still cheap enough to get after a couple surveys.

-If you've already got one weapon you can rely on (plasma gun comes to mind), a Drawgun could probably work effectively as your second weapon. I'll admit I'm just speaking theoretically here because I've never tried a drawgun on an air, but with an air's mobility and the high stunrate on drawguns, you could probably manage plenty of shenanigans with it.

-Ace Braver AM has great stats for air bots. Using two of them gives you an airtight melee combo, allowing you to stunlock arts as you punch their faces in. And since they're arms, you don't need to give up your guns to do it.

-Tesladonna AM2 is basically an elecgun version of Garulabird AM. It's fairly wimpy, but it's got great stat bonuses and stunlocks with ease.

-Tesladonna AM3 gives good fly bonuses, and allows you to use a much better version of Raiko while still being able to equip a weapon in the same hand. While Tesladonna AM has a 22 force raiko where the damage is divided between the discs, AM3's Raiko has 20 force per disc. You can cancel gun shots into raiko instantly and it has good stun, making it good for stunning an opponent while you turn back around to continue your assault.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 7:18 pm

ditched the wisps, and got my seraph of doom.

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 2ujjjnd
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

Male Posts : 139

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:00 am

Suguri wrote:

-Beam Gun Mod is very similar to a Wide Beam Gun, with better range, speed, and a faster rate of fire, but one less force and smaller bullets. It also has 30 less cost. I find it easier to hit with, and it gives you room for either larger weapons or x6 High Boost Beta tunes (+12 fly!), so if you want to go the beam gun route it's very worth considering.

-Beam Accelguns aren't as good as regular accelguns, but accelguns in general are fantastic and airs can't use the regular ones. It's got good range, is really cheap atm (only 10 RT), and is plenty easy to hit with. I did see it was mentioned on page 1 a bit, but it deserves to be mentioned again while it's still cheap enough to get after a couple surveys.

-If you've already got one weapon you can rely on (plasma gun comes to mind), a Drawgun could probably work effectively as your second weapon. I'll admit I'm just speaking theoretically here because I've never tried a drawgun on an air, but with an air's mobility and the high stunrate on drawguns, you could probably manage plenty of shenanigans with it.

-Ace Braver AM has great stats for air bots. Using two of them gives you an airtight melee combo, allowing you to stunlock arts as you punch their faces in. And since they're arms, you don't need to give up your guns to do it.

-Tesladonna AM2 is basically an elecgun version of Garulabird AM. It's fairly wimpy, but it's got great stat bonuses and stunlocks with ease.

-Tesladonna AM3 gives good fly bonuses, and allows you to use a much better version of Raiko while still being able to equip a weapon in the same hand. While Tesladonna AM has a 22 force raiko where the damage is divided between the discs, AM3's Raiko has 20 force per disc. You can cancel gun shots into raiko instantly and it has good stun, making it good for stunning an opponent while you turn back around to continue your assault.

Hmm... In all honesty, I think LXE will appreciate advices that doesnt involve Arm or LG transplant. Cuz there's this very special and very unique fangirl he wants to use this tactics on... Somebody who he thinks is worth ditching the wisps for... *lokks at LXE's avatar*
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 8:10 am

LordShade wrote:
ditched the wisps, and got my seraph of doom.

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 2ujjjnd

Way too sloooow
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:09 am

zachie69 wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Hmm... In all honesty, I think LXE will appreciate advices that doesnt involve Arm or LG transplant. Cuz there's this very special and very unique fangirl he wants to use this tactics on... Somebody who he thinks is worth ditching the wisps for... *lokks at LXE's avatar*
Wisps are on Izuna LG, therefore this thread clearly isn't about Mecha Jetter Girl.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 9:26 am

LXE wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Testing on Haku is not reliable. Especially because most of his forms are weak to melee, not ranged damage.

I also tested it on Berz.

>_>
similarly, their both weak against shotty/blaster

If ur wanting a PvP weapon, test it in PvP
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:09 pm

Suguri wrote:
zachie69 wrote:
Suguri wrote:

Wisps are on Izuna LG, therefore this thread clearly isn't about Mecha Jetter Girl.

How can this NOT be about Mecha Jetter Girl?

LXE IS Mecha-Jetter Girl... (in fan-forum/threader/human entity)... All his queries and questions and tactics revolve around how to make his cosmic break entity (aka "Mecha Jetter Girl") perform better. d(^_^)b
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 9:27 pm

zachie69 wrote:

[explanation]
ALEXIS AERIUS TRANSFORM!!! (Magical Girl transformation music plays)

*All clothes suddenly disappear, body is covered with glowing light and pretty feathers*

Transformation complete! I am now SOLJETTER GIRL!!!
[/explanation]
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 10:02 pm

clearly, dikaros is a more expensive beezle with an epic arm as his gun

at least one viper shield covers his whole body
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 12:51 am

necrio wrote:
clearly, dikaros is a more expensive beezle with an epic arm as his gun

at least one viper shield covers his whole body
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 8:34 am

LXE wrote:
zachie69 wrote:

[explanation]

*All clothes suddenly disappear, body is covered with glowing light and pretty feathers*

[/explanation]

Now THATS what i'm talkin about.... (^_^)
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySun Mar 06, 2011 10:49 am

zachie69 wrote:
LXE wrote:
zachie69 wrote:

[explanation]

[/explanation]

Onoz, LXE is now yellow and glowy.

WE'RE DOOMED.
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 10:25 am

necrio wrote:
zachie69 wrote:
LXE wrote:

[explanation]

[/explanation]

Onoz, LXE is now yellow and glowy.

WE'RE DOOMED.

Too bad theres no SolJetter Girl in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 11:25 pm

zachie69 wrote:
Coz Luke Aerius didn't become Soljetter.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 08, 2011 5:18 am

LXE wrote:
zachie69 wrote:
but nagi's wisps are good

too bad stacking more than 2 subweapons and 1 main weapon on a bot makes me confused argargaaragrg
Back to top Go down
zachie69
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zachie69

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 8:20 am

LXE wrote:
zachie69 wrote:

So... whats the conclusion? lets just stick plasma guns and beam accelguns on MJG? So many suggestions, so few hands....
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 09, 2011 1:22 pm

CURVEGUNS
Back to top Go down
Raal
Raal

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 12:14 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
Looks like I'm the only one that uses a Wide Beam Gun against -anything-. ;-;

Nope. I use it a lot. Cus i can't fit plasma guns on everything.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:23 am

wide beam guns are so zetta slow.

can't hit other airs with it.

gotta tune rapid on that minizook else I can't hit other airs with it as well. Oh well, with such negligible ammo pool I'd be out of bazooka shells before I can get any damage in.

Any other good air to air combat weapon other than minizooks and wisps? I love wisps but they cost a whole lot, and my flying brick is rather tight on cost (having to settle for the ugly accelsaber HD because of a mere 5 cost)
well, I still got 1 cost cart though, but I doubt I can get both sniper sight and stealth now.

Perhaps I'll just force/rapid tune a cheap beamgun and have it replace my limited plasma...
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 5:48 am

necrio wrote:

gotta tune rapid on that minizook else I can't hit other airs with it as well. Oh well, with such negligible ammo pool I'd be out of bazooka shells before I can get any damage in.

Any other good air to air combat weapon other than minizooks and wisps? I love wisps but they cost a whole lot, and my flying brick is rather tight on cost (having to settle for the ugly accelsaber HD because of a mere 5 cost)
well, I still got 1 cost cart though, but I doubt I can get both sniper sight and stealth now.

Perhaps I'll just force/rapid tune a cheap beamgun and have it replace my limited plasma...

well, for me i dont go minizook and spam it after i see an air unit. i only use it when im near the enemy, when im on his tail and when he charges his boost. when it goes mid-high range i use my ABR or red brickgales rifle. that's what im used to,
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:03 am

nakee wrote:
necrio wrote:

well, for me i dont go minizook and spam it after i see an air unit. i only use it when im near the enemy, when im on his tail and when he charges his boost. when it goes mid-high range i use my ABR or red brickgales rifle. that's what im used to,
I've been using Beam Machineguns for close range but they don't really do that much damage, and BLUE's AMs have way too little ammo to last a whole match.
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 6:15 am

necrio wrote:
nakee wrote:
necrio wrote:

I've been using Beam Machineguns for close range but they don't really do that much damage, and BLUE's AMs have way too little ammo to last a whole match.

yea, i also love that machine gun XD its a lot more accurate than BMG but i still prefer mini zook when facing air. I only use blue's AM on land units cause most arts have high TGH :/

so..

Red's arm for sniping
Blue for close range
mini zooks for air

never thought brickgales are good, i only bought them for boosters and looks lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next