Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? Empty
PostSubject: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:28 am

For instance, I've noticed quite a few variations on "take air to the floor, and then melee them"

Often it's in coordination of 2 people
For instance, paralyzer crim + hound dog melee
Or Winberyl snare traps + Jikun Hu Melee

Although I saw one Crim today.
Paralyer + big ass sword that shoots projectiles

_

Similar tactic I've seen with Land with a flamer + Artillery Barrage
If you don't move away from the flame, you can't react
And if you jumpjet, you got artillery spam on you.

_

Just wondering, what sorts of tactics do you guys see happening in Cosmic Break.
That way I can learn better how to avoid them.

(Asside from the obvious, don't run out into combat alone)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:34 am

Artillery spam, where everyone goes in the front as artillery and fire away, if that ever counts as a tactic.

Small force(at least 1 person) sneaking behind enemy lines to take out Power Spot while everyone else holds the line. Risky as you can be detected by some guy who recently respawned or if people take some seconds to notice their Power Spot HP decreasing but if successful, you can deal damage to their BP and hopefully pick off any weakened enemies from behind when you're done.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 12:49 am

Well... on RARE occassion there are 3-4 people flanking...

Well there are more cases of just plain WRONG tactics....

1) Stalemate while LOSING....
2) Defending while doing no real damage to the enemy... while stalemate breaking allies are left to die....
3) Pulling BACK when they can actually win. (Thus losing instead).
4) Attacking when flanking or defending can win the match easily.
5) NOT finishing off nearly dead enemies...
6) LETTING an ally targeting the SAME target die.... THEN fight the target....

Oh an artillery/explosive spam doesn't count.
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 am

Here's one

A WinBeryl, with a Bit type that gives it rapid fire.
Combined with an Electron Gun.

If it weren't for it being 1v1, I would have been toast.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:26 am

I've seen crazy tactics in this game but the craziest one i have ever saw was this one person:
He had a commando filled with seraphs,
All of them had the same equips/stats/upgrades
whenever he went into battle or when a game had started you had always seen the chat box filled with LEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
If you were unfortunate you'd hear that in the voice chat too.

But of course that guy was me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:44 am

On my custom "Panther." Bot I tend to hide out, Then use the core to blast out a large distance extremely fast.
Followed by meleeing soon as I come out of the jump to carry myself a bit further.
this is followed by spraying everything with my burner then using my core to get me back to my teams front lines before they can get a shot off.
On my crim I tend to spend most of my time farming power ups then waiting for critical moments to drop down status ailments like burning or shell drain traps which have never failed to completely change the tide of the battle.
(having every single player on your team suddenly get lit on fire and lose 100+ HP never bodes well)
I tend to go for summon Hiporoids.
Mainly because of the chance to summon the Gigahiporoid.
(if you see it in action, The thing is massive and deadly...someone once mistook it for a hack that summons a boss because they got crit for 150+ damage)
^o^
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 10:56 am

Lol hacks that summon bosses that do 150+ damage...
That sounds like a normal GM to me!
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:30 am

The things massive. D:
it blotted out my entire screen. ._.
(damn it gave me alot of points. x3......you only tend to get giga though if your team is outnumbered. :c)
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:38 am

Foxie wrote:
The things massive. D:
(damn it gave me alot of points. x3......you only tend to get giga though if your team is outnumbered. :c)
The mini hipporiods are the best, they can speed across the screen and kill you Surprised
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 11:46 am

Desu wrote:
Foxie wrote:
The things massive. D:
The mini hipporiods are the best, they can speed across the screen and kill you Surprised
I hate minis. :c
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 2:10 pm

I prefer non-open maps.... which I then get the opportunity to literally 'drop in' from behind (or on top) or enemy lines.... or rather their support/rear. The effect varies, but I generally can pull off 3+ members for at least 5~20 seconds (alone...) with my Crim.... Dropping in on a healing team is just plain amusing seeing them scatter from one measly Crim. I mean... no one on the team could get them to scatter? O_o (Note this doesn't happen that often, the heal clustering of an entire team, but its funny as hell when it happens.)
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:38 pm

Rein wrote:
I prefer non-open maps.... which I then get the opportunity to literally 'drop in' from behind (or on top) or enemy lines.... or rather their support/rear. The effect varies, but I generally can pull off 3+ members for at least 5~20 seconds (alone...) with my Crim.... Dropping in on a healing team is just plain amusing seeing them scatter from one measly Crim. I mean... no one on the team could get them to scatter? O_o (Note this doesn't happen that often, the heal clustering of an entire team, but its funny as hell when it happens.)
Open maps are the best...
maybe its cus i like living in the DAAAAAAANNNNNGGGGEEEERZZZZZZONNEe
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 pm

Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

Please be my shield decoy.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 4:52 pm

Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

Sure as long as you back me up when i air raid them Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:02 pm

Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

The point is to get you to draw fire away from me while I murder them with my trusty "little" knife. Smile
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 5:46 pm

Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

The point is to get you to draw fire away from me while I murder them with my trusty "little" knife. Smile
Melee users are so sily~
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm

Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

Melee users are so sily~
Quite.
Melee rely on enemies not targeting them so that they can get into melee range.
Artillery rely on no one living past their missile barrage.
Then air is just like.
Fuck it I will just fly around your godamn head shooting shit until you die.
I love flying right above artillery and refusing to move out from right above them.
They spin around trying to get a lock but cant shoot things directly above them. >>
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 6:30 pm

Foxie wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:
Desu wrote:
Rein wrote:

Melee users are so sily~
Quite.
Melee rely on enemies not targeting them so that they can get into melee range.
Artillery rely on no one living past their missile barrage.
Then air is just like.
Fuck it I will just fly around your godamn head shooting shit until you die.
I love flying right above artillery and refusing to move out from right above them.
They spin around trying to get a lock but cant shoot things directly above them. >>
Lol i read the Fly around your head part out loud and laughed hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?   What sorts of Tactics are you seeing? Empty

Back to top Go down

What sorts of Tactics are you seeing?
Page 1 of 1