Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry

Go down 
+27
nakee
Raal
RoboFranky
zachie69
LordShade
kynaree
Hyoka
shinigami
BNOISE
D.N Angel
-ACHTUNG-
necrio
Idontlive
FrozenEdge
knyx
Broken
Nisa
Intet
Z741
DreamyCrowdy
Suguri
Myzr
griffen
NumeroDoS
SaberAlter
IcyAmiki
xzpwnz
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:01 am

Just Tune the Mini-zook for +2 Fly and carry a Plasma gun with you >_>.
Back to top Go down
Idontlive
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Idontlive

Male Posts : 219

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:35 am

Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
YOU DO >:O

^this ...X+1 times.

Intet wrote:
Bazooka doesn't help you in the mirror match...

Yeah noobs use it against everything but that doesn't mean the weapon itself is bad. Check the above quote for truth.
Oh and btw no weapon will help you in a mirror match, cause when two identical bots battle it pretty much only depends on skill. (not like its gonna happen anyway as the customization options in this game make it close to impossible .. unless its like full locked untuned bots against each other...)
"qq minizooks got -fly BAD-BAD" <- tuneups say hi.
Oh and again.. Check the above quote for truth.
Anycase .. most of the time better players wont stick to 1 dmg type, reason ? its more effective thats all, sry but it just works that way. (exceptions are there cause this game isnt balanced enough *birdy arms say hi*)
But if you dont use the exceptions.. you are better off using different types for versatility.
(you might call it a cheap way to win but its the best option.. face it the game was made this way)
Oh and "mini zooks" why this on air types ? cause its one of the few better explosive weapon they can get. that's all.
Just so you remember.. Check the above quote for truth.

Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:22 am

Go air melee? l never seen an air melee run into a fight and get out of it alive, need more air melee aces so l can watch them lol.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 am

Myzr wrote:
Go air melee? l never seen an air melee run into a fight and get out of it alive, need more air melee aces so l can watch them lol.
herr viktor and frau adone

nuff said
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:15 am

Even if this sounds so Out of place, IT IS TRUE, I have played air (Quite good I might Say)

Muahahaha my All Air Commando all DUAL WIELD Plasma Guns and If your Air Cant (One of my Air units is an MJG) then you can get one Plasma and a Beam Rifle/Limited Plasma Gun.

So Errr I pretty much made High DPS Air units.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:37 am

limited plasma gun doesn't disappoint me so far

nice rate of fire and projectile speed and power as well
Back to top Go down
D.N Angel
D.N Angel

Male Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:43 am

I dissaprove of Plasma Gun...
It isn't that fast and damage is also kinda neh =/
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 10:55 am

D.N Angel wrote:
I dissaprove of Plasma Gun...
It isn't that fast and damage is also kinda neh =/
it is a reliable mid-range beam weapon though
the beam machinegun isn't as accurate and the beam rifle has slow interval

the auto beam rifle is gara

the beamguns are less damaging and are slower

the stardust cannon is too big

and the lasers just plain suck after the nerf (well... not ALL lasers...)
Back to top Go down
D.N Angel
D.N Angel

Male Posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:38 am

Hmh...
I think that Burner can be a good weapon...
Fireing rate isn't bad...
Not bad damage either...
Gotta check it in combat.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:44 am

Broken wrote:
Just Tune the Mini-zook for +2 Fly and carry a Plasma gun with you >_>.
If you've got slots to spare, I'd recommend tuning the mini zook for force instead. 26-force mini zooka is sexy as hell.

D.N Angel wrote:
Hmh...
I think that Burner can be a good weapon...
Fireing rate isn't bad...
Not bad damage either...
Gotta check it in combat.
Airs can't use burners, and they're more for anti-melee measures than anything else.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:24 pm

Dikaros arm xD
gotta love a shotgun + an auto target wisp like weapon but with lower cost.
And then stick on Crim legs so your Izuna is shorter.

I just love shotguns. They take down melee really well that come charging at you thinking you are gonna fly away.
And they also take down arts as long as you land in close and start spam firing.
Shotgun does more damage than bazookas apparently cause they are like faster...

Personal Opinion: Wide Beam Gun over Plasma Gun
Better accuracy than Beam Machine gun.
More ammo than Plasma.
Easier crosshair to aim with and greater range.
Greater fire rate than Plasma Gun.

So it is like one is higher power but less accuracy and speed and the other is more speed and accuracy but less power.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 4:45 pm

Completely forgot to mention it, but muskets are great, cheap, and unappreciated sniping weapons for airs. If you want a ranged gun I'd recommend it or its RT cousin, especially over a beam rifle. If you're using an M- or L-sized air though, I'd recommend a negatron rifle instead if you can afford the cost for it, that thing hits like a truck AND pierces targets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:24 pm

LXE wrote:
FrozenEdge wrote:
Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
YOU DO >:O
ok im guilty D:
fix'd
Four Letters, GTFO.

Anyways, Do Beam, missile and bombs, or bullet damage really matter? I mean "blaster vs shotgun", shotgun wins.
Shotgun has bullet damage and Blaster has beam damage, and yet blaster is weaker than shotgun. I tested this on Haku.

I found that a lot of Beam weapons don't do as much damage as bullet weapons! What is this? Maybe I should give bullet weapons a try.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 5:51 pm

LXE wrote:

Anyways, Do Beam, missile and bombs, or bullet damage really matter? I mean "blaster vs shotgun", shotgun wins.
Shotgun has bullet damage and Blaster has beam damage, and yet blaster is weaker than shotgun. I tested this on Haku.

I found that a lot of Beam weapons don't do as much damage as bullet weapons! What is this? Maybe I should give bullet weapons a try.

Weapon types very much matter. Melee does x1.4 to arts, beam does x1.4 to lands, and blast does a whopping x2.3 to airs. That's far from irrelevant.

Shotgun has a wide horizontal spread, blaster has a vertical spread. It's easier to hit more shots from a blaster on targets from a distance, plus the shots pierce, making them good crowd control weapons as well. Shotguns have more force, so in situations where all bullets can land shotguns will do more damage.

Most beam weapons don't have a lot of force, and beam guard cuts beam damage by 30% as opposed to shell guard's 10%, that's why you're finding them to be weaker. They'll definitely have a much larger impact on lands than bullet damage will, though. If you're going to run bullet weps on an air, I suggest muskets, custom shotguns (NOT regular), circuit breakers, auto magnum (comparable to a wide beam gun), and military guns. Most of the higher-end bullet weapons like accelguns aren't usable by air though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Where can you get custom shotguns?

According to my calculations, Beam damage on a LND with Beam guard has only x0.98 damage.

Last edited by LXE on Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:33 pm

LXE wrote:
2/3-star Fractulus.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
2/3-star Fractulus.

Lets see, Beam Machinegun from Berz, Custom Shotgun from Frac, and that epic sword from Haku.

Woah, I need to start doing more quests on Bastagant!
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 7:01 pm

LND has beam guard? D=
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 8:08 pm

LXE wrote:
Suguri wrote:
LXE wrote:
2/3-star Fractulus.

Lets see, Beam Machinegun from Berz, Custom Shotgun from Frac, and that epic sword from Haku.

Woah, I need to start doing more quests on Bastagant!
All of them drop beam machineguns, and I maintain that it's absolute garbage. About the same DPS as a wide beam gun with less range. And the only good thing about the Kamui Staff is the range, its cost is ridiculous and it has the same force as a short sword.

IcyAmiki wrote:
LND has beam guard? D=
Of course not.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 11:39 pm

LXE tested a LND with beam guard? D:

Anyway,due to lag + don use tune ups,I die easily using air to spray bullets in enemy base.Would a viper shield help?
Using ABR+Wisps
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:02 am

shinigami wrote:
LXE tested a LND with beam guard? D:

1.4 - (0.3 x 1.4) = 0.98
Back to top Go down
-ACHTUNG-
-ACHTUNG-

Male Posts : 44

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 12:55 am

You can get that Crossbow Thingy ppl are flying around with, YES I dont know what it is, All I know is that its got godly range and it hurts.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 1:34 am

-ACHTUNG- wrote:
You can get that Crossbow Thingy ppl are flying around with, YES I dont know what it is, All I know is that its got godly range and it hurts.
Cross Shooter in gara 3? Yeah, that thing's pretty great. ABR's better though.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 2:33 am

LXE wrote:

Four Letters, GTFO.

Testing on Haku is not reliable. Especially because most of his forms are weak to melee, not ranged damage.

Test it in PvP/Training Arena, especially since the size of the people you're fighting is different.
Back to top Go down
kynaree
Newcomer
Newcomer
kynaree

Male Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 06, 2011 3:12 am

Beam Machineguns,

they're my favorite wep for airs. i got my brickgale blue AM plus shield, and holding another beamMG on the other AM.

Good with the float dash thing, cus you can hover at great speed in circles around and spray that haku-sword land bot when it

attacks some person.

i oftenly get top 10 in 15v15 rooms with that bot, and i will have 0 cost, cus of high ammo, you can farm for +100 kits

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next