Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry

Go down 
+27
nakee
Raal
RoboFranky
zachie69
LordShade
kynaree
Hyoka
shinigami
BNOISE
D.N Angel
-ACHTUNG-
necrio
Idontlive
FrozenEdge
knyx
Broken
Nisa
Intet
Z741
DreamyCrowdy
Suguri
Myzr
griffen
NumeroDoS
SaberAlter
IcyAmiki
xzpwnz
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry Empty
PostSubject: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:48 am

I'm ditching the wisps made by the Izuna Legs, and going for new tactics and weaponry.

If anybody suggests the Mini Bazooka, I will shoot you with it, I don't like that weapon so don't even try to get me to use it, I tried it and it sucks.

What I'm looking for is stuff that I can do with AIR. I'm flying around most of the time. Recently my score has been mostly at the bottom 10, I usually get into the 10-20 range, and sometimes 7-9 range. So please help
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 7:52 am

ABR
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 9:49 am

For AIR, the funny thing is... need quite a fast weap to compensate for the gap between the height... >_> unless you're targeting slow moving things. *well the faster a bullet is, the easier it hits* =s

If you can get Accel Beam gun, it would be quite nice imho. But, ABR is better regardless. Other than that.... Very Happy Don't know. lol.
Back to top Go down
SaberAlter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SaberAlter

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:01 am

IcyAmiki wrote:
For AIR, the funny thing is... need quite a fast weap to compensate for the gap between the height... >_> unless you're targeting slow moving things. *well the faster a bullet is, the easier it hits* =s

If you can get Accel Beam gun, it would be quite nice imho. But, ABR is better regardless. Other than that.... Very Happy Don't know. lol.

how about accel beam gun+abr? thats what im using on my seraph
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:04 am

Looks like I'm the only one that uses a Wide Beam Gun against -anything-. ;-;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 am

Garulabird AM.
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:22 am

ABR=?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:23 am

griffen wrote:
ABR=?
Auto Beam Rifle.
Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:27 am

Cori wrote:
Garulabird AM.

I second that, actually get 3/4 of them on your air if possible and watch shit get ripped apart by your mobile gattling cannon
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 10:31 am

Garulabird AM and Auto Beam Rifle are both amazing.

If you like lasers, Tesladonna AM is alright, and I think I heard someone saying that Baltheon AM isn't too bad either (though I've never seen one used and don't have one myself, so don't quote me on that).

Also, musket (or flint musket, but that's not on sale anymore and probably not worth its full 28 RT price) are really underappreciated air weapons. They're low cost with fantastic range and, unlike beam rifles, a decent attack interval. If you have an ABR I wouldn't use one, but we don't all have good luck with gara.

For a standard use weapon I shouldn't even have to say plasma gun/limited plasma gun.
Back to top Go down
DreamyCrowdy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
DreamyCrowdy

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 12:57 pm

better off with the whisp legs

if you like flying above use propeler bit
might wanna try proton cannon or something (proton beam gun? proton laser? idk)
or you might wanna try the shinning haku sword
or mini bazooka
since you're above the sky, you might want to try either fast or big bullets
so wide beam gun or beam rifle (can get from arena I think) might be good

I still don't see what's wrong with keeping legs
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Suguri wrote:
For a standard use weapon I shouldn't even have to say plasma gun/limited plasma gun.
The mainstay on my Seraph Crim. [And would be on all my other AIRs if I had more...] Shots hit well enough, and with enough force to actually tear holes* in newbies and at least stand some of my ground against more experienced players. The downsides are the cost and the somewhat low ammo, so I dual wield 2 Limited Plasmas. Gets me okay through a 15vs15 match, and I don't usually asplode, so no harm no foul. Smile

*Disclaimer: a lot, and I mean A LOT of shot ducking is required for actually tearing holes in your targets. But I'm sure you knew that anyway.

The only other beam weapons I haven't tried out yet are the ABR [damn the garapon] and that funny tri-barrel weapon on the Sword Wing official art... unless that one MJG I saw in the ground area was pulling a fast one on me.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 2:58 pm

Beam-accel guns are great, I dual wield a pair on one of my airs.
Limited plasma: you'll probably need a pair, used as a set up on another air.
Wide beam gun: Good damage, good cost, lots of ammo, slow projectile. Might want to do rapid tunes and watch people have trouble avoiding your shots.
Double beam gun: Good damage, but burns through ammo quickly, you'll need a pair or a back up weapon.
Auto beam rifle: the classic over used weapon from beta, it has good damage, reach, ammo, and gives +1 fly. The downside is it still can be hard to land shots on the quickest of targets.
Beam machine gun: Good damage limited range, this weapon can be played much like a laser with a much larger clip. Will chew through hp rather fast with a hypershot.

Curveguns: that strange 3 barreled gun you see the sword wing with on the loading screen is a curve gun, moderate damage, shoots shots that travel is wave like patterns towards the target. Somewhat hard to avoid the shots due to the travel path.

Garulabird arm: stupid high damage, range, and fire rate, limited ammo. Excellent for pissing off ART units. Oh and the stats are good too.
Auto mags: these over looked guns have low cost and add +1 fly, but they lack range (180 units), damage is alright, and since its bullet type, won't be guarded against.

Baltheon arms: these are still the best laser weapons in the game. High force, longer that average pulse length (which means even with the nerf you'll have an easier time tracking), good ammo count. These lasers will melt face.

Tesladonna arms: these lasers are the easiest to aim with their long pulse length, but they have high ammo comsumption (20 for a full length pulse), and low force (10). They do fair damage but they get somewhat brick-walled on bots with good TGH, they do have the ring attack however to supplement the low damage.

Builds and what not:
If you get your hands on the auto beam rifle you can play a mobile sniping unit. Generally the pro's of this is you can still punish the lands that come after your artillery, while still being able to pound the other teams artillery with ABR fire from some obscure location. You can also do this with garulabird arms.

Lasers: You can run the laser chaser, a fast, aggressive bot that is always in the enemy's face. You'll want fly and tgh for this build since you have to get up close and personal, but when pulled off correctly, is very destructive thanks to the fact that you never really miss a shot. Baltheon arms are the best choice for that. You'll also want a quick take off ability (fly high is a good choice, STOVL is more likely to save you in a pinch) since you'll need to land in the hot zone (unless you pop seraph wings or use propeller bits). Alternatively you can run with a laser + some other weapon, and use the laser as an answer to fast airs, small targets, and jikuns. Or you can eschew lasers for a beam machine gun, giving you a weapon with plenty of ammo, with the ability to run lands into the dirt.

General purpose:
Used with typical beam weaponry (plasma/ limited plasma/ wide beam gun/ double beam gun). These airs have no specialized purpose, but they have fair range and respectable damage. Plasma guns tear lands to shreds, and can shoot for a long time with their large clip size. General rules apply, don't fly face first into ARTs, don't worry so much about the kill as the damage you do (the kills will pile up once you master putting damage on people without getting hit anyway). Avoid over committing to an attack, if you've been spotted by the other team and are taking heavy fire, pull back, and attack from another angle.

Of course all of this is just concerning guns, you can still play melee with an air as well.

If you plan to melee you should try to take a following:
-A ranged weapon of some sort, to soften up and finish off targets
-Quick take off, melee will probably lead to you ending your attack on the ground.
-A shield if you can fit it on, to protect against enemy fire.
-A weapon with good reach/tracking/ chase ability. Your walk is low so you need to make sure your on top of the target.
-Fit it all on a bot with probably 15tgh, 25 or more fly, and 15 or more str.

Crescent saint has such stupidly high str for an air, just forgo taking a gun, pound people into the ground.

If you melee, be especially choosy about your target. Unlike a land unit, your not really limited by terrain, so take advantage of your added mobility for maximum surprise. Don't drop on a bunch of ARTs though, you don't have blast guard. A single ART is fair game though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 3:49 pm

Intet wrote:

Baltheon arms: these are still the best laser weapons in the game. High force, longer that average pulse length (which means even with the nerf you'll have an easier time tracking), good ammo count. These lasers will melt face.
Would you consider these worthwhile enough to buy a balth for the sole purpose of ripping the arms off? These look cool, and I like lasers quite a bit, but I never use them since the only decent one I have is Tesla AM, and UC Tesla doesn't have slots.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
YOU DO >:O
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:05 pm

Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Broken wrote:
Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptyFri Feb 04, 2011 6:06 pm

Suguri wrote:

Would you consider these worthwhile enough to buy a balth for the sole purpose of ripping the arms off? These look cool, and I like lasers quite a bit, but I never use them since the only decent one I have is Tesla AM, and UC Tesla doesn't have slots.

Yes, only cause of the 50% off sale though (That's why I have a batheon myself, although I use it, lol). The lower price means if nothing else you can do a handful of offers to get them. I have found them to be pretty effective weapons. Tesla arms are alright, and I've tried them out as well but the lower force hurts the damage output by more than I like, resulting in higher ammo consumption.

If you love lasers, go ahead and pick up a baltheon.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 12:11 am

I'd pick up Balth for those legs too, probably the best HP/cost ratio of all the legs and pretty decent stats to go along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:02 am

Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
Four letters, GTFO.
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:05 am

LXE wrote:
Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
ok im guilty D:
fix'd
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:31 am

Suguri wrote:
Broken wrote:
Nisa wrote:
THE BAZOOKAH DOESNT SUCK
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 2:37 am

Nisa Approves.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:22 am

Bazooka doesn't help you in the mirror match (like how the meta game was a week ago, with everyone having the minizooka on their airs), it does hurt you in the mirror (drops fly), it doesn't kill the fastest either (the whole reason people take it is for the stun, big numbers are also appealing). It hits hard, but isn't the most accurate overall, which means that your misses hurt more than say a beam user missing (beam rifles excluded) thanks to clip size and fire rate. It's very specialized in the sense its good against airs (really small airs and anything with low TGH), but bad against anyone with blast guard ( support, lands, and ART will have it most the time). It tends to function as a "win more" kinda weapon, were if you have the upper hand it seems pretty awesome, but is fair, if not sub-par when used against someone with even footing. If you take it, your other weapon will probably be balanced around it to fill the gap minizooka creates. It also creates a psychological effect that's undesirable, by drawing attention to yourself, were as people might be more willing to ignore beam gun fire or bullet attacks. ABR and garulabird arm users not only can do more damage, but do it at a distance, more often, beamguns of various types can practically shoot forever giving them a solid pressure game (and they still have more range and speed most the time). Bazooka relies on getting a foothold with its stun, then maintaining it with high damage on a now non moving target, but suffers greatly if that is lost, or never gained.

You could say it is good for bombing PS clusters, fair enough, but mach knight is also pretty win for that too.

My greatest issue with bazooka users is they have the terrible habit of using it against everything, not just airs. 'Oh look an ART' *minizooka*, 'oh a jikun' *minizooka*. That is why I call it a crutch, because it seems to become the only way for these people to do anything with their airs, when other perfectly fine options (and in many cases, better) exist, when something goes wrong and the minizooka doesn't do its magic, suddenly there is a drop in performance. That is not to say all people who use it are bad players.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry EmptySat Feb 05, 2011 3:31 am

@ Intet
Thats why you carry a sword around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry   Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry Empty

Back to top Go down

Ditching the Wisps - Going for new tactics and weaponry
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next