Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you like the Initium bots?

Go down 
+62
Nilla
Valkyrie
SoMotokuKarin
GA-45
adibbrian2
shadow_nekros
Aethernet
IronFist
Gerrion
Mew
SL the Pyro
machx
DavidRain
-blacky-
tehprognoob
Aethereal
Sekki!
InnocentThoughts
dsp
Hyoka
Sladezero
Flandyrll
Sugoi_Sugoi2
ziix
necrodrakath
NovaZero
boytitan2
donggyu
Falads
Strykerr
Suguri
Suki_Eve
mico034
Kuzuha
SeedZero
thehellamireading
Kobrakai
zerocl
Zentrino
Aurum_Sol
God is a Cat Girl
Astral_Dono
mechaRev
Turkeysaur
Breaker-Z
Trill
mikuri
reVelske
Seele00
Nymph~
DarkChuky
fggt
SuperNova.pt
Retrias
Zwiebel Force
AnTi90d
resireth
rei_hunter
Stickboy
LostOne
Adius
66 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Yes.
Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 21 ]
I don't care.
Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 16% [ 21 ]
No.
Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_lcap68%Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 68% [ 91 ]
Total Votes : 133

AuthorMessage
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:22 pm

Judging by the difference between yes and no, and comparing with the current arena, some "no" people might as well be lying. :/

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : By, not my.)
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
Adius wrote:

so basically no more free speech... lets just all hate them... lets just all bitch about how op they are and how they need to be nerf...

i will say this... i voted "no"... but i count 4 people who voted "yes"... so you're saying that those 4 people are "faggots" and we should just ignore them and keep thinking "fuck eris... fuck resha... too op"
The probably did it to go *lolderp.jpg*

just like how some people might be voting "no" just to fit in with the rest because they dont want to seem indifferent

goddammit.... if you guys dont see how much pressure you are putting on the community to go along with this "i hate zeroes" movement... then i dunno what to say... okay then... i guess no more free will... lets just all blindly hate zeroes...

oh before someone blame me for not clearly stating my opinions... i think i did a pretty good job explaining why i dont like the zeroes in my initial post.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:38 pm

i will vote yes.

why?

because the bots are designed in a unique and fun way. they have interesting and new mechanics, they have new teambuffs and new debuffs.
the character designs are solid, they got more substance than most of the other things in the game.
personally, i think it would be stupid to not like unique ideas unless they go directly against your favored playstyles (read: a brutish rambo player usually wouldnt find darkness hide interesting).

oh, and just to make it clear. im not saying the bots are fine as they are, im just saying you people should consider balance as a different issue when answering the poll. If you cannot even do that, you should not be posting in this thread or vote anyways.

Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:46 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:
i will vote yes.

why?

because the bots are designed in a unique and fun way. they have interesting and new mechanics, they have new teambuffs and new debuffs.
the character designs are solid, they got more substance than most of the other things in the game.
personally, i think it would be stupid to not like unique ideas unless they go directly against your favored playstyles (read: a brutish rambo player usually wouldnt find darkness hide interesting).

oh, and just to make it clear. im not saying the bots are fine as they are, im just saying you people should consider balance as a different issue when answering the poll. If you cannot even do that, you should not be posting in this thread or vote anyways.

thank you for clearly stating your opinion... i greatly appreciate your explanation on why you chose "yes"

hopefully... to all the people who have assumed you were a "faggot" for choosing "yes"... have reconsidered
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

I voted no because they break the Rock/paper/scissors
pattern, and that should be dealt with, other than it seems ok...
like some have said, it's still a matter of likes
i think it's ok that they are HD and not skinnable, but i am bothered by their strength
while others might think the other way around...
Back to top Go down
Zentrino

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

I got bored so I was the first person to vote "yes." xd
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:07 pm

Zentrino wrote:
I got bored so I was the first person to vote "yes." xd

this thread got over 500 views in one day.. so im hoping.... some people might consider this topic as important

i didnt make this thread just to troll people... i really wanted everyone to stop venting their anger and calm down long enough to clearly state a logical opinion
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:15 pm

Aurum_Sol wrote:

No, most of us are weighing the two together, a lot of people like Resheris's designs (I'm not one of them I'm afraid), but their negative aspects heavily outweigh whatever "good" they offer. "Innovative ideas" in a game means little to nothing when it's poorly balanced out.

Adius wrote:

just like how some people might be voting "no" just to fit in with the rest because they dont want to seem indifferent .

O sweet christmas, seriously? You think people are bitching and whining just to "fit in"? Just to follow blindly like sheeps? I find it absolutely shocking that someone could bend their perspective on the matter so far to actually think that way. Seriously, why would they need to "follow blindly"? Zero-type's OPness and negative effect on the arena are as clear as day, the anti-Zero mindset isn't exactly rocket-science logic, there is absolutely no reason why people need to "follow" anything to think that. Same with the rage during sugoi, rage during Mialy Break, people experienced the bullshit, people saw the bullshit with their own eyes, people share the exact same rage we are all experiencing. Nobody is following, nobody is leading.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:28 pm

reVelske wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

No, most of us are weighing the two together, a lot of people like Resheris's designs (I'm not one of them I'm afraid), but their negative aspects heavily outweigh whatever "good" they offer. "Innovative ideas" in a game means little to nothing when it's poorly balanced out.

Adius wrote:

just like how some people might be voting "no" just to fit in with the rest because they dont want to seem indifferent .

O sweet christmas, seriously? You think people are bitching and whining just to "fit in"? Just to follow blindly like sheeps? I find it absolutely shocking that someone could bend their perspective on the matter so far to actually think that way. Seriously, why would they need to "follow blindly"? Zero-type's OPness and negative effect on the arena are as clear as day, the anti-Zero mindset isn't exactly rocket-science logic, there is absolutely no reason why people need to "follow" anything to think that. Same with the rage during sugoi, rage during Mialy Break, people experienced the bullshit, people saw the bullshit with their own eyes, people share the exact same rage we are all experiencing. Nobody is following, nobody is leading.

okay... ill try to put myself in your mindset...

"i have a huge cucumber up my ass ever since the zeroes were released... im going to bitch as much as possible to try to get the rest of the community to side with me...so fuck everyone that thinks differently than i do... i am right."
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:35 pm

reVelske wrote:
Aurum_Sol wrote:

like i said, im not ok with the balancing, like i stated often enough on other occasions and in my post in this thread again.
it still is stupid as hell to discard the features the bots offer because of the balancing aspect.
if they ever decide to rebalance the bots, they WILL become major fun generators and will open up many new possibilitys compared to the meta without them. alone reshas shield shield mechanic would bring major changes to team strategys even if it would be watered down quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:43 pm

^ Certainly, though I'm not okay with trivializing older bots, and with CS's track record in balancing/rebalancing, I much rather have these "new possibilities" never see the light of day than have CS attempt to implement them whilst being sober. Buuut that's just my personal preference, I can understand when people have more desire for new innovative ideas than cynical ol' me.

Adius wrote:
"i have a huge cucumber up my ass ever since the zeroes were released... im going to bitch as much as possible to try to get the rest of the community to side with me...so fuck everyone that thinks differently than i do... i am right."

Now now dear, calm your horses, you are just making a fool of yourself now, dunno what got you so riled up, I think you just need to work on your criticism-handling skills.

Again, you need to explain to me what made you think people are just blindly following rather than simply expressing the rage originated from their own experience.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 4:58 pm

reVelske wrote:

Now now dear, calm your horses, you are just making a fool of yourself now, dunno what got you so riled up, I think you just need to work on your criticism-handling skills.

Again, you need to explain to me what made you think people are just blindly following rather than simply expressing the rage originated from their own experience.

im done trying to explain to someone to be open minded when clearly they are too cynical and close minded to attempt to do so... so lets have fun reveske... is your cucumber a pickle yet?
Back to top Go down
mechaRev
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 1298

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:04 pm

If two great players can't manage to get their points straight between each other
3 unions full of retards won't clearly do a better job Neutral
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 pm

im still actively playing CBEN... and from what ive seen so far... the biggest problem that zeroes present is

UC players = almost completely useless

unless uc players get lucky and get something good from a ro cube/gara... i dont see how this game is free to play anymore...

i wanted to make that point earlier... but since i charged too much RT... i felt i didnt have the rights to make that point... however... i do have an alt that is UC only... and i can tell you that i know what it feels like to have an empty garage with little parts/weapons to choose from...

i think the zeroes are greatly affecting the population...

but none the less... i hate bigots who wont allow people to have a say...

for example: "if you chose yes... you are a faggot"
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:18 pm

Adius wrote:
im done trying to explain to someone to be open minded when clearly they are too cynical and close minded to attempt to do so... so lets have fun reveske... is your cucumber a pickle yet?

Being cynical (ie. critical) does not void me from being understanding, I am, in fact, extremely understanding and empathic. And despite what you say about being "done trying to explain", all I've seen are accusations about people blindly following and not thinking the matter through, I've not seen any explanation on how exactly you've reached that conclusion.

Adius wrote:

And I have no idea where you got that from, just who isn't allowing people to have a say?
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:25 pm

reVelske wrote:
Adius wrote:

Being cynical (ie. critical) does not void me from being understanding, I am, in fact, extremely understanding and empathic. Though despite what you say about being "done trying to explain", all I've seen are accusations about people blindly following and not thinking the matter through, I've not seen any explanation on how exactly you've reached that conclusion.

Adius wrote:

And I have no idea where you got that from, just who isn't allowing people to have a say?

cynical: Doubtful as to whether something will happen or is worthwhile.
(how did u even compared this to being critical)

1. when someone enters a thread and the first thing they post is "if you say yes... you're a faggot" ... if that is not enough ground for me to call someone a bigot then please explain...

2. by clearly stating one is cynical that means one already has little hope to see a positive resolution

so am i to assume that after making these statements... that person is empathetic enough to listen?

Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 5:56 pm

Adius wrote:
1. when someone enters a thread and the first thing they post is "if you say yes... you're a faggot" ... if that is not enough ground for me to call someone a bigot then please explain...

The call of faggot is however done within reason, as explained, the harm Zero-type has done to the game and the population far outweighs the good it has brought. Sure, you can go and say "yes" regarding a specific aspect of Zero-type, but that doesn't change the fact that Zero-type is unlikable as whole, you have to be indifferent or blissfully ignorant of the damage Zero-type has wrought on the game to actually find them likable, to actually feel that their positive qualities far outweigh the negatives. I'm not calling people "faggots" for holding opposing opinion, I'm calling them "faggots" for being ignorant/indifferent of the shambling state the game is in, or simply, being the actual cancer that is fucking the game up through usage (or abusage) of Zero.

And obviously if they wish to defend themselves, they are absolutely free to do so, but that doesn't mean that I can't air my take on the matter first.

Adius wrote:
2. by clearly stating one is cynical that means one already has little hope to see a positive resolution

Well no not necessarily, I think what we have here is simply a difference in definition. And to save us from a copypasta war, I'll just say that being negative and view things from a skeptical light initially is by far the best method of critical thinking. Afterall, being critical is all about "the inclination to judge severely and find fault".
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I voted no for several reasons:
- I don't like these kind of overused stereotypes (you know what i'm talking about)
- I don't like how they look in the game, it's like CS devs forget about the "mecha musume" thingy, they just don't fit in the CB universe
- They invalidate all of my ART and LND builds
- A single triangle rank can score high with Zeroes, without tuning or making a proper build (or even thinking)
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:33 pm

No.

They're broken and anyone who can't see this is a complete idiot and/or too busy powertripping on them.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:35 pm

@ revelske

Problems with balancing existed before initium, not as obvious but you know what i mean anyways. These problems however are an issue with cybersteps QA .. or rather the lack of a QA.
In the end, initium sped up the powercreep by a considerable amount. With this, it became obvious to even the most oblivious players and resulted in a rallying of the community in both, JP and EN. This basically forced Cyberstep to react. I would consider this a positive aspect of initium to be honest because it will soon point out if Cyberstep will rethink their game concept, or if it is a company that reached its limit and can no longer fullfill the customers expectations.
both things are positive for the customers, as they either will get a better product or a clear sign to stop supporting the company ( thus more money for other things they consider valuable )

on a sidenote:
the initium update was hyped by a big advertising campaign and im pretty sure that this paid of. while this might have no meaning to most people on the first glance, that is actually a very good thing for the community. if the money income was increased by whatever amount Cyberstep deemed sufficient, it will result in more similar advertising, which means: more eyecandy and lore for the community, which results in the game gaining more substance and being less shallow and vague.

i mean, honestly, i do not really care if you think that i am a fagot for seperating old problems from new "content", but at the very least you should consider all things that came with the initium bots instead only the most obvious effects.
Back to top Go down
thehellamireading
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
thehellamireading

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:39 pm

in all seriousness, im more on to reVelske's side on anyone who is supporting/voting yes for ZERO's is a 'faggot' , in my point of view , people who uses them just wants auto-highscore or fail attention whoring

only reason i can think of why would people vote 'yes' is because Eris is very usefull for haku and almost on par with anything combi dagger but thats about it. Though some would also vote yes just for the designs or whatnot aside for its performance.
Back to top Go down
SeedZero
SeedZero

Male Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:50 pm

thehellamireading wrote:
in all seriousness, im more on to reVelske's side on anyone who is supporting/voting yes for ZERO's is a 'faggot' , in my point of view , people who uses them just wants auto-highscore or fail attention whoring

only reason i can think of why would people vote 'yes' is because Eris is very usefull for haku and almost on par with anything combi dagger but thats about it. Though some would also vote yes just for the designs or whatnot aside for its performance.

I do not have a Eris or Resha. I do like the designs.
But I voted yes for a different reason...

I don't want to spoil my reason, but I will give a hint why.
I'm starting to see a Code Geass / Gundam 00 effect going on...
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 pm

@Aurum

That's an interesting way of looking at it, I certainly see where are you coming from, but that reasoning is a little too far-fetched for me personally to get behind, especially when there are far more immediate and visible things to consider that are affecting the playerbase right this very moment. Besides, the community outcry has yet to bear any fruit and how all this will affect CS's game plan has yet to be seen, it's just a little too early to be using the potential future benefits as a defense for zero-type's existence.

And regarding "supporting the company", people really shouldn't be supporting the company at this very point to begin with, protest through action is far more effective than that with words, if CS is still generating optimal level of revenue through Rt, there is really no reason for them to even give the slightest damn about all the complaints (assuming the player base is still at a serviceable level, which it sadly still is). This may not be the case if we are talking about a western game with more popularity and bigger player base, but for something relatively unheard of like CB and with a Japanese-based company like CS, they can easily get away with this nonsense UNLESS players send the company a clear message through their actions and seize their financial support entirely until the situation is remedied.

That said, fair point nonetheless, as said, the "faggot" title is specifically for Zero-type abusing dimwits, which presumably you aren't a part of.

Last edited by reVelske on Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:15 pm

Zeros are nice to look at (Resha. Them tits)

Nice innovation which can be implemented on upcoming bots.

Gameplay wise (actually, stats and the debuffs) too broke.

Like it was mentioned here, I'd rather they be nerfed. It's not much of a big deal if they were nerfed.

Dunno if I should have picked yes but I'm just being honest with myself.
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 8:30 pm

Adius wrote:
im still actively playing CBEN... and from what ive seen so far... the biggest problem that zeroes present is

UC players = almost completely useless

unless uc players get lucky and get something good from a ro cube/gara... i dont see how this game is free to play anymore...

i wanted to make that point earlier... but since i charged too much RT... i felt i didnt have the rights to make that point... however... i do have an alt that is UC only... and i can tell you that i know what it feels like to have an empty garage with little parts/weapons to choose from...

i think the zeroes are greatly affecting the population...

for example: "if you chose yes... you are a faggot"

I´m with you.. this forumn has become full of posters that only likes to insult or make newbies feels bad...

they don´t understand that Internet is biger that just they house.. and there is people with diferent feelings....

what I mean its that no matter what a ppl say or do, u can say that he is bad, noob, fagot or whatever... everyone is free to play as they want... same with post... people are free to post, some ppls dont know about search and no matter what they post people can´t call them idiots or stupids just because they dont know what to do... (also Moderadors can just moderate, it means move post, close or delete post, but first they must try to help, just closing a treath is useless)

(bad english I know and I dont care, I live in America and 90% of the language is spanish--- fools America is a continent not a Country--- <-- this is an example of ppls are free to post, think and whatever....)

I dont need to say that I voted yes... but its because I love Eris that looks like Ivis that is the most I love!!!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you like the Initium bots?    Do you like the Initium bots?  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next