Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a way to kill a god?

Go down 
+52
Tuskin
SilverySil
Chitose
BSusVier
Mew
Str8witchin
IncuSlave
Stickboy
Akhenderson
CapeMike
rei_hunter
Raven
CalmOcean
Dune
Hyoka
Trill
VeryMelon
Suki_Eve
Retrias
AthenaWyrm
Malphes
Lyndon
SL the Pyro
alex761
Zwiebel Force
BNOISE
Aria
mico034
Divinity
Blackrain
Alathon
NotZetsubou
LordShade
Intet
God is a Cat Girl
Galicia
Turkeysaur
SmileBrush
Lord of D:
boytitan2
Kirika
Klinkin
iseeyourightnow
ArturiaPendragon
fggt
Aurum_Sol
ziix
Kuzuha
Rinrin
Suguri
Nymph~
darboy
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 2:36 am

Kata next is great bot to fight against them(or at least survivable in arena), deal ~100 dam maximum in one hit, a long enuff range, high tgh and broad radar.

Now i hav to re-tune Lios for an (M)air commando #em5
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:24 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Apparently, Bugsy BS can block Vox Altus attempts.

But, you know, outside that it isn't any good.

The Bs Shields are a bit slow to deploy, but are each(up to 3 per launch) guaranteed to stop any 1 projectile, up to and quite likely including the Vox Lasers(will attempt to confirm this myself later today)...on some maps, the Bugsy Bs can all but shut down any arts that the Pulsardio Dio missle doesn't manage to scramble....

...on a semi-related note, I'm mentally working on an even more defensively-oriented Pulsycait build(tentatively called Pulsycait 2.5D)...what it loses in it's ability to harass airs(it's Handy 'zook Mod), it'll pick up in further endurance and increased anti-Zero measures.... Wink
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:16 pm

Gods die when nobody worships them.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 3:31 pm

Conquer the world (be it through bribing, war, financial, religious or even biochemical means), make people believe you are the god. Now, once you done that, kill yourself.
Back to top Go down
Segawa
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Segawa

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 am

Not serious answer: Be an atheist, Use Graf Eisen, Drill Arm... oh oh IMAGINE BREAKAHH!! Worship Masaki Tsuzuki while ur at it Then make a contract with our favourite kawaii white bunny-cat-thing.

Half-serious answer: Run away and fight him/her later. (the sheild should have a time limit?)

Probably serious answer because i never fought Eris (it coming out when im in college and all):

My guesses on the sheild. (if no time limit, like viper sheild)
block all range sheild : Melee, duh
block MOST range sheild : Whatever weapons that work. If you run into it, ur probably going to be dying soon anyway so hope he/she is greedy and chase you to your allies. Most users are greedy idiots anyway (no offense to the real pros.)

block all range + super armor : RUN! (unless you have CV)

block melee : Range -_-

get max movement speed like 40 wlk/ fly and some amount of wlk/fly (go ask that chart of movement speed or something, and Fia's Ouka. Was it Fia? My memory is fuzzy. The only thing I remember about CB is my clanmates and that one stupid WIZ guy that got owned by my supposedly crappy Zero Fighter.) In hopes to avoid said bots range. (I wouldnt expect it to be any harder to dodge than Aquila Girls homing pew pews.)

If sheild is breakable those Alpha something should break it fast. If it's like EVE's wing then... Something with pierce effect maybe?

(Again I don't know how OP that sheild is so i made guesses, and assumed you have the required materials to make it happen. Unless you are like me with bad luck in all bot-related stuff and a bit too much good luck in tuning materials... then listen to my Not-serious-answer and go make a contract.)

Last edited by Segawa on Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 4:21 am

Tuskin wrote:
Gods die when nobody worships them.

THIS
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:15 am

Speaking of Pulsdario, I was screwing around with my clan a few days ago. While a shop Pulsdario's Bad Homing won't affect Vox or Meluc noticeably (both seem to use Psygun homing mechanics), we found that Vox uses a very similar curve path to Pulsdario's Dio Missile (and probably a bunch of other missiles, too), making it extremely easy, with the right timing, to actually use a missile to effectively shoot Vox out of midair (it's actually Vox shooting the missile down, and the Vox will go off, but if done right, you'll be far enough away to be safe). Haven't tested this with other missile types or with movement yet, but it's an interesting tidbit; can't see it being useful in an actual fight, though.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySat Mar 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Today my Ion was capable of washing Resha's shield away. I hope this helps :O

I really start to think that Resha isn't anything but your goo' ol' glass cannon #em3
Back to top Go down
Kyune

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:13 pm

Here are my experiences and advice thus far, intended to be general--your mileage may vary depending on special weapon choices available to you:

Resha From time to time they'll run forward to be incredibly annoying with their homing beams or use their disable, but if you can break their shield they seem to back off pretty quickly--her base toughness is low and so she seems to melt pretty quickly under concentrated fire. Unfortunately, they're so busy shielding and running away (to other teammates, no doubt) that you're not going to get a lot of opportunities to expose her weakness.

The base ranges on her Vox and Curse really aren't that great--300 and 290 respectively, according to Koi's CosmicCalc. It's enough range to be threatening, but not enough for her to hold her own in a standoff. That being said, she is still a small target, and unlikely to be immobilized by anything that would leave her easy to hit as a stationary target. While her melee attacks are nothing to sneeze at, more often than not I see players leaning on her ranged abilities.

Anti-Resha Strategies

ART: Tuned weapons for high range and speed--ideally railguns of some kind (or high-end breakers/rifles for UC only), or high-end main-weapon missiles with a strong homing tendency. Howitzers are a good UC alternative (and are great weapons in and of themselves), but simply are not as threatening due to their slow speed. Your best option in a decent team fight, since you'll (presumably) have the team support to keep her from threatening you effectively without good risk to herself.

AIR: Ranged options have decent anti-ground homing weapons, but they're mostly unsafe due to their ranges. But if you're feeling lucky with sniper sight and stealth system, you can try sneaking up on her on larger maps. Use beam weapons to quickly bring down her shield and then go for broke with a fast-combo melee weapon. If you can get in her blind spots it's easily your best option since she can't escape from you easy and flying circles is effective against just about anything.

LND: Easily the worst of the options. Your ranged options are like ART's, but worse; there are no railguns available to you, and the missile/rifle choices choices simply aren't as good. Furthermore, outside of moebots melee isn't too great either--you'll probably have to spend RT to be able to threaten her.

SUP: Not much you can do personally to hurt her due to the shield, but Long Range or Hyper Shot would certainly help the team. For a Melee Reisha you might get lucky and catch her with a snaring weapon. If you happen to have a fire rod for some reason, you might be able to poke at her and land a shot if her shield happens to be down--flaming is a great status effect to keep bots occupied, unless it's a blaze baron...

Eris Getting spawn camped or stalked by one of these is incredibly irritating--once her attacks land you're pretty much screwed if she doesn't mash right click so hard that she screws up her timings. On the other hand, if you happen to spot one attacking or about to attack a teammate your options improve considerably--you probably won't be able to save your teammate, but the time she spends killing your teammate leaves her relatively exposed. With enough firepower and the right positioning she'll either pay for the kill with a lot of health, or break away to save herself. Of course, she may also attempt to turn on you...

Anti-Eris Strategies

ART: She'll get in range eventually, but If she's attacking you there probably isn't much you can do at this point. I haven't been able to test clearance/revenge tunes as an option since materials are kind of scarce for me, but anything that can buy your teammates time to help you or is a definite plus. If I know the other team has an Eris running around our side of the field I save a hurricane blow/flame pillar for her, since there is still the chance that she'll put herself directly infront of me because she's mashing right click. If you're optimistic and have the capa you could try carrying a burner on the offchance that she disables your sub weapons instead of main weapons, but i Wouldn't get my hopes up.

Otherwise, if she's attacking your teammate you want to be alpha striking that shit, preferably from an elevated position where you can get a better line of sight to her. Bonus points if you can cause flaming to her (your teammate too if it's a flame pillar, since that will cause them to pop up in the air and give them a chance to boost away). If you're armed for fighting Resha you'll still do decent damage to Eris, albeit somewhat less due to her increased toughness.

AIR: As long as you're flying she can't reach you, which means she's probably ignoring you. The trail of her darkness hide is quite visible during her approach, so your goal should be to circle her like a vulture once she emerges to attack your teammates. Alpha striking builds are great for this, but many beam weapons are enough to tear her up through any health drain she has. If you happen to have Mega Lightning Gun for Resha it will also deal significant damage to Eris as well.

LND: Unless you're also Eris or maybe Ivis, you're not going to beat her in melee. You have a better chance going with a high WLK + Boost Run build and circling/kiting her with gatlings/shotgun type weapons, or skirmishing from longer ranges. Still very risky, but at least you're not a SUP bot.

SUP: If you attract her attention before she's crippled, you're probably dead. Try to carry status inducing weapons that will hinder her. Winberryl's thorn bind + draw gun combos are somewhat effective at keeping her locked down, and slow-inducing parts are somewhat effective as well; your goal isn't to kill her, but to make it so that the rest of your team can.

Hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 4:51 pm

Kyune wrote:
but if you can break their shield they seem to back off pretty quickly--her base toughness is low
Most Reshas are in the realm of 12-16 tgh with revenge tunes and 500+ HP. Far from fragile.

Kyune wrote:
The base ranges on her Vox and Curse really aren't that great--300 and 290 respectively
That's...pretty significant when the majority of good weapons are in the 70-250 range.

Kyune wrote:
ART: Tuned weapons for high range and speed--ideally railguns of some kind (or high-end breakers/rifles for UC only), or high-end main-weapon missiles with a strong homing tendency. Howitzers are a good UC alternative (and are great weapons in and of themselves), but simply are not as threatening due to their slow speed. Your best option in a decent team fight, since you'll (presumably) have the team support to keep her from threatening you effectively without good risk to herself.
40 tec Mialy/Saggi III/Genbura/Icy/Linear Cannon could probably pop Amot in 2~3 shots off raw damage alone, but otherwise there aren't going to be any long range weapons that can do anything significant to her. The best art weaponry I can think of for anti-Resha is mostly in the realm of psyguns (Genius Magnet Gun, Lily Rain LeReve BD, Psycho Formula AM3, Albatreos HD can all pop her shield quickly, and used in close range aggressive builds can make it nearly impossible for Resha to retaliate). Hypershot Slice Gun would realistically be the best anti-Resha weapon available to artillery though.

Kyune wrote:
LND: Easily the worst of the options.
Hardly. Eight/Delta Vulcan and Blazed Baron AM6 can melt her in seconds, and Anti-Homing Bits make it nigh impossible for Meluc to hit (and completely impossible for Vox).

Kyune wrote:
flaming is a great status effect to keep bots occupied, unless it's a blaze baron...
Unrelated nitpicking but there's zero basis for this to be true.

-----------------------------------------------

Kyune wrote:
ART:
Just accele roll away before she can do anything. It's too risky for an art to try fighting her. Broad Radar helps significantly in that task, packing a buckler or viper shield can eat a melee hit or two to save you if you mess up. CVeil could theoretically let you escape her midcombo too.

Alternatively, Genbura can outpace her backpedaling while firing his railgun.

Kyune wrote:
LND: Unless you're also Eris or maybe Ivis, you're not going to beat her in melee.
Ivis and Dracken will beat her in a melee fight usually. I saw some JP players have relative success with Vanguard Axer as well, though that usually depended on catching the Eris off-guard.

Kyune wrote:
circling/kiting her with gatlings/shotgun type weapons
Er...why would you use a shotgun for fighting an S-size bot? You could probably justify Particle Gun Mod if it weren't for how short the range is (enjoy getting melee'd) but that's about it.

That said Eris can easily shrug off any LND gun aside from Blazed Baron AM6, it probably isn't even worth it to give her any of your attention.

Kyune wrote:
SUP:
Gravity Gun, Winberyl binds, Geso Whip, Scorpion Whip. Too bad Eris sometimes randomly ignores status effects though.

----------------------------

General things you need to know about countering Erisha:

Resha:
- Rapid hits to break Amot Vainic
- Abuse of blind spots (5~90 range cripples Meluc, obvious overhead blindspot like most bots)
- Anti-homing aids significantly in dodging her attacks (Seraph/LND hoppers with antihoming bit)
- Clearance/CVeil also helps significantly

Eris:
- Shock/Bind/Slowing status effects, though she loves ignoring these every so often
- CVeil makes escaping or winning in a melee fight significantly easier
- Sadly between Rejection and Darkness Hide she's pretty much at liberty to ignore just about anything you could shoot her with unless it pierces shields. MLG/Thoarla AM3/Seiron HD and other similar weapons are your best bet.
- If possible you should use Spike Bits for WB dodging her melee, as they can potentially knock her back during your dodge.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 pm

one problem about revenge tunes against eris, tested 10 times with 2xrevenge with dualblade hurdurr right click, none of them proc on 9 tgh w CV buitlin, 23 TGH, and 34 TGH bot. we know most "stun but not stunning"attack such as drawgun wil count as stun under CV effect thus make further revenge easier to activated but against eris, it's not the case..
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:32 pm

Kyune wrote:
Furthermore, outside of moebots melee isn't too great either
People don't really think this, do they?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Quote :
Scorpion Whip.
To note that you need to see it coming early enough to also click early enough to hit them first, since the first attack is somewhat slow.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Nymph~ wrote:
one problem about revenge tunes against eris, tested 10 times with 2xrevenge with dualblade hurdurr right click, none of them proc on 9 tgh w CV buitlin, 23 TGH, and 34 TGH bot. we know most "stun but not stunning"attack such as drawgun wil count as stun under CV effect thus make further revenge easier to activated but against eris, it's not the case..
Already mentioned in my revenge tune thread that melee stun is gay unique.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Suguri wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:
Already mentioned in my revenge tune thread that melee stun is gay unique.
well, yeah fencer/pilebunker/and most non moe melee is MUCH easier to proc revenge tunes, atleast b4 me died
imo it has thing to do with slash type, quick multiple midtier damage slash type always hard to proc revenge while pilebunker type easiest one
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 7:28 pm

Kobrakai wrote:
Kyune wrote:

I agree =/

That's such a lie.
Back to top Go down
Kyune

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 EmptySun Mar 11, 2012 8:31 pm

My post was written primarily with UC players in mind, who have some access to RT but can't easily come across the diverse selections that the game has to offer.

Kobrakai wrote:
Kyune wrote:

Er...I'm referring to fighting against Eris, in particular. Her ability to disable and resilience makes it difficult to engage her without a lot of tuning.

Suguri wrote:

Most Reshas are in the realm of 12-16 tgh with revenge tunes and 500+ HP. Far from fragile.

I didn't say she was fragile, I said that they would tend to back off quickly--unless they're firing on a vulnerable target, more often than not I see Reshas back off once I'm seeing numbers on my hits.

Suguri wrote:

Kyune wrote:
The base ranges on her Vox and Curse really aren't that great--300 and 290 respectively
That's...pretty significant when the majority of good weapons are in the 70-250 range.

Kyune wrote:
LND: Easily the worst of the options.
Hardly. Eight/Delta Vulcan and Blazed Baron AM6 can melt her in seconds, and Anti-Homing Bits make it nigh impossible
for Meluc to hit (and completely impossible for Vox).

I agree with your statements in the sense that yes, there are strong options as a LND bot or within those ranges, but they also come with the most strings. A high probability of being forced to avoid her teammates at ranges where you're easily approached and focused, you have to hope your homing bits don't die, hope you don't get spotted by teammates during your approach before you can go to town (stealth and sniper sight do help with this, granted), hope you don't take on bad status effects...

That being said, I suppose I spoke poorly--the obstacles can be overcome, but I don't see the short range approach as practical for the population at large given Resha's resillience to approach and the current metagame of railguns, air-based beam weaponry, and barriers.

Suguri wrote:

40 tec Mialy/Saggi III/Genbura/Icy/Linear Cannon could probably pop Amot in 2~3 shots off raw damage alone, but otherwise there aren't going to be any long range weapons that can do anything significant to her.

Even if you can't accumulate significant damage on her, you're still applying pressure to her from a point that she can't effectively retaliate from. I'm currently using a Victorl tuned with double high shooter on the railgun arm, and although i don't have the mats to tune the bot's parts for TEC, I've still found it effective for pushing her back as well as various other bots that attempt to engage.

Suguri wrote:

The best art weaponry I can think of for anti-Resha is mostly in the realm of psyguns (Genius Magnet Gun, Lily Rain LeReve BD, Psycho Formula AM3, Albatreos HD can all pop her shield quickly, and used in close range aggressive builds can make it nearly impossible for Resha to retaliate). Hypershot Slice Gun would realistically be the best anti-Resha weapon available to artillery though.

It's an interesting thought, but although I wouldn't dismiss it outright I still feel that you're bound by the strings that a close range LND would experience.

Suguri wrote:

Kyune wrote:

Flaming is a great status effect to keep bots occupied, unless it's a blaze baron...
Unrelated nitpicking but there's zero basis for this to be true.

I shouldn't have stated it as if it were fact, but I have messed up a bot's movement patterns more than enough times with that status effect to feel that it's worth mentioning as an option.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Suguri wrote:

Kyune wrote:

ART:

Just accele roll away before she can do anything. It's too risky for an art to try fighting her. Broad Radar helps significantly in that task, packing a buckler or viper shield can eat a melee hit or two to save you if you mess up. CVeil could theoretically let you escape her midcombo too.

Alternatively, Genbura can outpace her backpedaling while firing his railgun.

I can't find any reason for an ART to fight Eris alone, only support a teammate who is getting attacked by her--though I can attest to backpedaling with a railgun, it's worked quite well on the Victorl. Same with the viper shield and buckler, they're easy enough to come across.

If a new or recently new player asked me for ideas I don't know if I would tell them to get Accel roll and CVeil off the bat, just because the difficulty of obtaining them is a bit prohibitive, though I do agree that they are solid ideas.

Suguri wrote:

Kyune wrote:

circling/kiting her with gatlings/shotgun type weapons

Er...why would you use a shotgun for fighting an S-size bot? You could probably justify Particle Gun Mod if it weren't for how short the range is (enjoy getting melee'd) but that's about it.

That said Eris can easily shrug off any LND gun aside from Blazed Baron AM6, it probably isn't even worth it to give her any of your attention.

Point taken--at the time I figured that shotguns are an alternative in the sense that they still put out a lot of shells, and don't usually have the WLK drawbacks, but there are certainly better choices for UC players, once the Super UC garapon is taken into account.

I would say that I have had positive experience with the harder hitting small arms, such as the peace maker and custom magnum. A 2xEIW'd Cosmo Kaiser AC isn't half bad, either.

Anyways, sorry for the mass quoting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to kill a god?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7