Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there a way to kill a god?

Go down 
+52
Tuskin
SilverySil
Chitose
BSusVier
Mew
Str8witchin
IncuSlave
Stickboy
Akhenderson
CapeMike
rei_hunter
Raven
CalmOcean
Dune
Hyoka
Trill
VeryMelon
Suki_Eve
Retrias
AthenaWyrm
Malphes
Lyndon
SL the Pyro
alex761
Zwiebel Force
BNOISE
Aria
mico034
Divinity
Blackrain
Alathon
NotZetsubou
LordShade
Intet
God is a Cat Girl
Galicia
Turkeysaur
SmileBrush
Lord of D:
boytitan2
Kirika
Klinkin
iseeyourightnow
ArturiaPendragon
fggt
Aurum_Sol
ziix
Kuzuha
Rinrin
Suguri
Nymph~
darboy
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
BSusVier
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BSusVier

Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:14 pm

Technically, Resha's ally Amot Vainic can potentially kill a teammate Glint Strike Eris.. Coz it prevents her Ex-Blade Revive from healing her HP. Not sure if its a good or bad thing. Most likely bad thing since its sabotaging an ally.

Haven't exactly tested this, I do know that something like that happened when I was doing Haku with a friend. Main reason why I avoid casting it on ally Eris players.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:28 pm

Not that it'll ever happen, but imagine the paradox that would occur if *I* got an Eris...if nothing else, it'd be entertaining...for everyone BUT me! <_<
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:40 pm

Lyndon wrote:
At the moment cause every body is scared to move out there comfort zone to try new ideas like when people just started hopping

Already tried everything

Here's some information on throwing weapons VS an assault stepping/short boosting, ranged build Resha.

Saucer: Hard to hit with, easily evaded, not fast enough
Boomerang Axe: Due to combo ability, it has potential, but generally you will die before taking down her shield
3-way dagger: Higher chance to hit due to range, speed and the fact it throws 3, but you have to be point blank to take the shield out. Oh, and it doesn't work so well.
Combi Dagger: More chance to hit due to second hit being a 360 degree throw, but altitude will evade it. Same thing as 3-way dagger.
Rush Dagger: MAXIMUM TROLLING potential, can evade Vox Altus and Meluc, much more survivability compared to the other weapons, but still does not cut it.

The rest are too short range, not tested, or basically rare. (then again, Rush Dagger is rare too)
Back to top Go down
Lord of D:
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lord of D:

Male Posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Lyndon wrote:
Spoiler:

seriously, do you even know what youre saying?
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 10:57 pm

Also, because I don't remember anyone else saying it here, Sheriff Connie can break Resha's shields very quickly.

Of course, Connie's a bit too weak to get close..
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 am

wait for another GOD
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 4:00 am

Some "counters" for Resha (some are more like suggestions). She's still bullshit. Won't bother mentioning Eris because all the usual melee counters apply, she's just bullshit to take down between Rejection and Darkness Hide/EX-Blade Revive.

Anyway:

Aquila Airs, if you can consistently hit with him
Psycho Cluster (particularly Neo)
Alpha air
Tonitrus
Gatlings/Vulcans, anti-homing bit recommended. Double Gatling in particular.
Seraphs with various rapidfire weapons (dbmg is a bit risky as you'll be putting yourself in Lexratio melee range)
Ivis with combat gatling/ceramic burner
Dracken with some type of rapid-fire gun (I can't bring myself to say "put an eight vulcan or huge gat on dracken).
Clearance tunes highly useful for resisting main weapon/subweapon seals
CV tunes highly useful for resisting Vox Altus stun
Back to top Go down
SilverySil
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SilverySil

Female Posts : 508

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:34 am

for some reason alot of people using resha run away when i target them with a solar buster. Even when they have the shield up. soon as the reaction starts they run.

Not sure why. scratch
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 am

SilverySil wrote:
for some reason alot of people using resha run away when i target them with a solar buster. Even when they have the shield up. soon as the reaction starts they run.

Not sure why. scratch

Nobody likes booster trouble....xD

And where in the world are Fagtor Eagle and Frau Adone Boy Lios in Suguri's list?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
SilverySil wrote:

Not sure why. scratch

Nobody likes booster trouble....xD

And where in the world are Fagtor Eagle and Frau Adone Boy Lios in Suguri's list?
Not-shit Reshas will murder a vector.

Lios works pretty well though.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 pm

I used someone's 2x G.Rapid Beta Lios with a lot of sucess; it hits a lot easier and hits nicely too, even with his low TEC.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:48 pm

SilverySil wrote:

Not sure why. scratch
i think that's just instinct saying "i'm about to explode, better avoid it"

i'd probably do the same thing as them. better off making that shield last as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 7:33 pm

Trill wrote:
I used someone's 2x G.Rapid Beta Lios with a lot of sucess; it hits a lot easier and hits nicely too, even with his low TEC.
Yeah. Conceptually, Ivis and Lios are probably the two best bots you could fight her with, as you can give them both rapid-hitting main weapons (Lios has one to begin with, Ivis can break Amot in literally 0.9 seconds with ceramic burners), and you have solid melee to fall back on if you get vox'd. Plus Ivis can Clearance Veil so she doesn't need to care about stun or status in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Lyndon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Lyndon

Male Posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 10:58 pm

Lord of D: wrote:
Lyndon wrote:
Spoiler:

seriously, do you even know what youre saying?

Apparently, hell about 47% of it was right or comes close to it
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:06 pm

^ What the hell.

Don't make me write a textwall explaining every reason why you're wrong.
Back to top Go down
SL the Pyro
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SL the Pyro

Male Posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 11:29 pm

1v1, I've had some success using Dracken; his axe tears the shield apart in two or three combos, and his self-applied Crimson Veil prevents her from stunlocking you at all... of course, this is providing the Resha user is stupid enough to get into a melee fight with Dracken. The smart ones will keep their distance and use the ranged attacks. If they do that, use the shoulder-barge to close the gap, and maybe shoot an axefireball if you aren't Gun Jammed.

A 200 HP shield is cheap, yes, but it's not invincible. The thing to remember is that any form of shield doesn't have TGH damage reduction: anything capable of racking up high amounts of damage quickly should tear through it with ease. Just make sure you're in a good position to do it (i.e.: possibly catching the Resha by surprise, making sure other enemies players don't crash the party).
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:03 pm

do not let them escape especially on map with meta cacus...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 pm

The heck? How does that even work? I can understand using the CVeil and immovability of cloaking to essentially be hit an inordinate number of times, but doesn't a Meta Cactus do more damage than you'll get back from Stun Regain?

This thread has also fallen to the pervasive pattern of CB, though; I've seen ONE UC option, and it's (surprise, surprise) a Seraph. I think we can safely say that Resha and Eris have officially killed any flexibility UC players have. Heck, even light RT players (between UC>RT and offers, there's not really a sharp line between UC and light RT) probably don't have access to any of the new golds or even most of the old golds. I'd like to see more counters that use shop bots and readily available options.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:19 pm

Nymph~ wrote:
do not let them escape especially on map with meta cacus...
Spoiler:

I've seen this before scratch

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 10:37 pm

Klinkin wrote:
The heck? How does that even work? I can understand using the CVeil and immovability of cloaking to essentially be hit an inordinate number of times, but doesn't a Meta Cactus do more damage than you'll get back from Stun Regain?
Copypasting myself:
Suguri wrote:

yay videos:

Klinkin wrote:
This thread has also fallen to the pervasive pattern of CB, though; I've seen ONE UC option, and it's (surprise, surprise) a Seraph. I think we can safely say that Resha and Eris have officially killed any flexibility UC players have. Heck, even light RT players (between UC>RT and offers, there's not really a sharp line between UC and light RT) probably don't have access to any of the new golds or even most of the old golds. I'd like to see more counters that use shop bots and readily available options.
That's just how dumb Initium is. Seraph and antihoming bit Eight Vulcan hops work against Resha. However, Eris can outlast Seraph Wings between Rejection and Darkness Hide then kill the crippled Seraph afterward, and anything on the ground is dead against Eris.

If you want to look at the whole shop, then off the top of my head...

- Baltheon fields can block Meluc, and Vox with proper movement. Just don't let your barrier pop over an Eris...
- Zero Saber/ZSG can abuse Zero Step invuln frames to dodge Vox Altus/Meluc while approaching Resha, and can skip through Eris's melee.
- Victorl won't have any anti-Initium UC weaponry, but between accele roll, core barrier, and a viper shield in tandem with short boost + quick boost + broad radar he can pretty reliably shrug off or mitigate their attacks with smart play.

But, uh...yeah, Initium kind of screwed everyone. There's a reason JP and EN populations halved, people have been ranting like crazy, JP's got protests going on in central, etc.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 am

Don't know what it's worth to anyone, but I -think- I've about worked out the timing necessary to Bugsy-blade an Eris out of her initial melee attack...seems that you have to start your Bugsy swing really early....

I managed to catch one -just- as she decloaked, and she suddenly veered off from her attack for several seconds...an identical scenario a few matches later had the same result...have to keep working on it.... thumbs down
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:53 am

a Seraph Crimrose flying low would probably be glint striked or Ex Attack Inferno'd out of the sky....

Still, if you're an air, just watch your surroundings is all.

Also. Bugsy is -always- op no matter what kind of nerf he gets (Fragile, but i'll take it) Very Happy nice work mike
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 12:54 am

you'd need broad radar to tell when she's coming at you though

knowing supports though there's no reason they won't have it (aside from literally being unable to get it)
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 am

Malphes wrote:
you'd need broad radar to tell when she's coming at you though

knowing supports though there's no reason they won't have it (aside from literally being unable to get it)

Cyberoid gets Broad Radar at lv 1(!), I know MediQ also gets it, and Pulsardio gets it at lv 9 or 10....

So not only does Pulsycait see everything going on, I've got a way to at least dissuade most targets from coming after me...so now you know why I'm constantly calling targets during the early stages of a match...so if I suddenly start juking and dashing for my life...there's a very good reason for it.... Very Happy

I still don't have a consistent anti-air measure yet once one gets close though...but that's for another thread....
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 09, 2012 1:44 am

Apparently, Bugsy BS can block Vox Altus attempts.

But, you know, outside that it isn't any good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there a way to kill a god?   Is there a way to kill a god? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Is there a way to kill a god?
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next