Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quitting Ivis (post here)

Go down 
+26
Andaros
Skulkraken
ChaosOmni
-VB-
Shin Majin
RST-00
Feign
Hyoka
KBTKaiser
CapeMike
frappn
Daylyt
Vsin
Fisheh
Midona
BB
gunzlinger
FenixStryk
Foxie
azz33
ArcticFox
NovaZero
Jello
Asukuu
Vareluxe
Xenosnake
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:09 am

How long is the shock time anyway? Does it give at least enough time for the Bugsy to retreat or enough time for any nearby allies to wail on the shocked Ivis? Or is it really just a way to tell the difference between a smart and dumb Ivis?
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:27 am

Mostly the latter. I shield shotgun after I shock. Works 1v1, but... more than that, and you're pretty much screwed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:33 am

Hyoka wrote:
We've already tried the shock shield, and the verdict is that the shock status is too short to effectively avoid death.

Even if you combine shock shield and shock tonfa, just a bit of running around and Ivis/Ouka will be back on mashing you to death.

If you're using those arms means your bot is support meaning it should not be rushing alone in the map to begin with. Meaning you would have team mates near you that will totally rape ivis since the ivis user can't do shit and either runs away or stands there and dies.
Back to top Go down
frappn

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
We've already tried the shock shield, and the verdict is that the shock status is too short to effectively avoid death.

Even if you combine shock shield and shock tonfa, just a bit of running around and Ivis/Ouka will be back on mashing you to death.

If you're using those arms means your bot is support meaning it should not be rushing alone in the map to begin with. Meaning you would have team mates near you that will totally rape ivis since the ivis user can't do shit and either runs away or stands there and dies.

Then let me amend Hyoka's post:

"...and the verdict is that the shock status is too short."

When I get shocked, all I do is twice hop around, at which point shock wears off and it's fighting time again. Running away? Sure, that's also an option, and it's a good one too. Running away is, in fact, not an argument for you at all. An Ivis that can run away is an Ivis that can kill at least one more bot. You want a dead Ivis, not one that's alive.

The best for support, however, is bind. Bind is much more effective than shock, and I hate fighting a team that has a binder healing at a PS. Freakin fishers...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:22 pm

frappn wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Then let me amend Hyoka's post:

"...and the verdict is that the shock status is too short."

When I get shocked, all I do is twice hop around, at which point shock wears off and it's fighting time again. Running away? Sure, that's also an option, and it's a good one too. Running away is, in fact, not an argument for you at all. An Ivis that can run away is an Ivis that can kill at least one more bot. You want a dead Ivis, not one that's alive.

The best for support, however, is bind. Bind is much more effective than shock, and I hate fighting a team that has a binder healing at a PS. Freakin fishers...

Shock shield can do about 5(?) or so shocks per second... I don't see how you can just come back and fight again when there is a massive shield coming at you non stop. Anyone who just shocks once is doing it wrong. As I said before, you have team mates there. Your priority is to keep a melee bot shocked.
Back to top Go down
frappn

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:35 pm

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the shock shield bot is:

Faster than Ivis.

And that the shock shield itself:

Has long range.

To constantly shock an Ivis, you need to first catch it, then you need to stay in what's practically melee range.

Shock doesn't make an Ivis immobile. That's exactly why I can hop around and, kill something that won't shock me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:45 pm

frappn wrote:
You seem to be under the mistaken impression that the shock shield bot is:

Faster than Ivis.

And that the shock shield itself:

Has long range.

To constantly shock an Ivis, you need to first catch it, then you need to stay in what's practically melee range.

Shock doesn't make an Ivis immobile. That's exactly why I can hop around and, kill something that won't shock me.

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I've not killed dozens of melee bots with the exact method I've already stated in both the Japanese and the English servers with ease. You also don't understand that you wont have a 40walk Ivis when English goes release since it will cost real money to get her in garapon, which will be for a mere limited time and it will also cost you to successfully tune up parts and weapons. Explain how you're going to hop over a shield that is 4 times taller than your Ivis when you wont even have an Ivis to begin with.

That's the reality of things coming from Japan. Review my signature...
Back to top Go down
frappn

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:32 pm

If we're talking about kills, then you seem to be under the mistaken impression that I haven't killed over 9000 bots using the exact method I posted blah blah blah.

HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK ****S

If you want to talk about the release Ivis that will be fewer and weaker (for a time), go right ahead. But don't mix that Ivis up with the ones people are actually fighting now, the one that we are talking about now.

And anyways, it's hop away, not to.

X is shield.

And here is Y, where you hop to.

Then you go a bit futher, to Z(Y), where an Art or some other bot who's not shielding you is located, and mess his stuff up. Oh look, no shield.

Or hell, you could just do a complete 180 and just get away. Like I said, sure, the shield bot survived...but so did the Ivis. And all it's gonna do is go mess some other bot up.

Bind is much, much better. The only reason you'd want shock over bind is if you're the one who wants to get away. In a situation where you have your allies supporting you, an immobile Ivis is always preferable to an Ivis that even has the potential to get away, or even the smallest chance of attacking you or your allies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:10 pm

frappn wrote:
If you want to talk about the release Ivis that will be fewer and weaker (for a time), go right ahead. But don't mix that Ivis up with the ones people are actually fighting now, the one that we are talking about now.

You mean the ones I've been fighting before you even started to play? Because you apparently just started in the English game with the way you try to explain your tactics about rare tuned to hell bots like it is normal. This is a fan forum made for the English community, not the English game alone.

frappn wrote:

And anyways, it's hop away, not to.

X is shield.

And here is Y, where you hop to.

Then you go a bit futher, to Z(Y), where an Art or some other bot who's not shielding you is located, and mess his stuff up. Oh look, no shield.

Or hell, you could just do a complete 180 and just get away. Like I said, sure, the shield bot survived...but so did the Ivis. And all it's gonna do is go mess some other bot up.

You just explained that the Ivis would have to run away from the shield bot to get to an art that is apparently half a map away that no shield bot or team mates would be located to shield, bind or just literally destroy you right then and there with a jet hammer or a Byne. I'm pretty sure you just made your own argument invalid.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:47 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Yes, I am serious...

Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 Pistolplane.th
Goddamn! I applaud you sir!
Back to top Go down
RST-00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
RST-00

Male Posts : 132
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days~

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Feign wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Yes, I am serious...

What's with the black block there?
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.anyhub.net/thebest404pageever/swf/rainboa.swf

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:25 pm

RST-00 wrote:
Feign wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Yes, I am serious...

When you use print screen, or at least back then, the screen shot would come out a bit low quality but also instead of showing the UI, it would be replaced with the game watermark... But you could still see player names even when taking screen shots. The black block is me censoring out the persons name who was in the jet. The same thing happens in other games when you turn off the ui yourself for screenshots, you still see certain texts.
Back to top Go down
RST-00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
RST-00

Male Posts : 132
Location : In west Philadelphia born and raised, On the playground was where I spent most of my days~

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:27 pm

Mayhem wrote:
RST-00 wrote:
Feign wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Yes, I am serious...

When you use print screen, or at least back then, the screen shot would come out a bit low quality but also instead of showing the UI, it would be replaced with the game watermark... But you could still see player names even when taking screen shots. The black block is me censoring out the persons name who was in the jet. The same thing happens in other games when you turn off the ui yourself for screenshots, you still see certain texts.

Ahh, I see. Thank you for clearing that up, Mayhem!
Back to top Go down
http://cdn.anyhub.net/thebest404pageever/swf/rainboa.swf
Shin Majin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Shin Majin

Male Posts : 104

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 7:29 pm

Personally, I think that instead of talking about the has-been, OP, omnipresent threat that was Ivis, we try to find a way around bazooka-hopping and omega blasters.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:26 pm

Shin Majin wrote:
Personally, I think that instead of talking about the has-been, OP, omnipresent threat that was Ivis, we try to find a way around bazooka-hopping
Lasers, also grenades.
Shin Majin wrote:
and omega blasters.
Dunno about that one. Drawguns and Paralyze tuned Machineguns? AKA "that damn spider build" except without the spider (the short ranged Slow always seemed a bit redundant to me)...
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:32 pm

^Lasers won't beat Zook Hoppers unless you're non-Air or have a lot of range behind that thing. Going into Laser range on an Air type is a gamble that's not worth taking the moment they point it towards you.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 8:38 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
^Lasers won't beat Zook Hoppers unless you're non-Air or have a lot of range behind that thing. Going into Laser range on an Air type is a gamble that's not worth taking the moment they point it towards you.
Point, for Air, I'd say Grenades, if you can equip em... The projectile for a Grenade far outreaches the lockon range, allowing you to lead the hopper to his predicted landing point and bomb them from above with impunity.
Back to top Go down
-VB-
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
-VB-

Male Posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:04 pm

i think laser isn't bad at all to get rid those hopper . because even they use the short boost the bot aiming system didn't let go of them so the laser still able to hit them if they are in the range and you keep lock-on to them .

PS.laser is the weapon with highest accuracy and speed .they're kind like instance shot(except power laser that need charge time) and you can still hit people with 1 shot even you didn't see the green ray from the laser Shocked
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:05 pm

-VB- wrote:
i think laser isn't bad at all to get rid those hopper . because even they use the short boost the bot aiming system didn't let go of them so the laser still able to hit them if they are in the range and you keep lock-on to them .

PS.laser is the weapon with highest accuracy and speed .they're kind like instance shot(except power laser that need charge time) and you can still hit people with 1 shot even you didn't see the green ray from the laser Shocked
We know, we know. The problem is, there's a high probability of the laser getting nerfed because it's the hopper's 2nd favorite weapon.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 pm

I heard talk of Paralyzers...

Don't forget that the Tesladona has a rapid fire pulse gun arm if you get the right variant. Dunno how well they pack the stun, but they are fired damn fast.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 10:59 pm

Paralyzer version of the Raid Rifle. Fires in bursts of 5.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 12:51 am

Grenades are for LND and ART only, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:03 am

ChaosOmni wrote:
I heard talk of Paralyzers...

Don't forget that the Tesladona has a rapid fire pulse gun arm if you get the right variant. Dunno how well they pack the stun, but they are fired damn fast.

Add in stun tuning and you're golden, after all, even though they're not as fast as a laser they still hit pretty often and 5 shots = a lot more possibility of stunning in the end, of course you could always slow tune them and make the bastard slow down so all your buddies can actually blow him/her up.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:07 am

Skulkraken wrote:
Grenades are for LND and ART only, IIRC.
There's a grenade weapon for support, too.
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 am

The absolute scariest thing I ever faced in Cosmic Break was a Hopper Destructor with Volcano Grenades tuned for Slowing. Didn't know what I'd get hit by next, the slow or the flames, and either was equally bad when facing Destructor missiles. I'd either lose control or become so slow there was no way the bastard could miss me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quitting Ivis (post here)
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next