Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quitting Ivis (post here)

Go down 
+26
Andaros
Skulkraken
ChaosOmni
-VB-
Shin Majin
RST-00
Feign
Hyoka
KBTKaiser
CapeMike
frappn
Daylyt
Vsin
Fisheh
Midona
BB
gunzlinger
FenixStryk
Foxie
azz33
ArcticFox
NovaZero
Jello
Asukuu
Vareluxe
Xenosnake
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Fisheh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Fisheh

Male Posts : 6

Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:33 pm

BB wrote:
I'm so glad there's one less Ivis now.

I play a customized L ART that I put a LOT of time and effort in to making and it is extremely frustrating when an Ivis/Ouka comes out of nowhere and stun-locks/kills me in about 6 seconds even though I have over 500 hp and 28 Tough.

I hope they make them cash shop currency when the game is in full-release so PvP isn't as broken with everyone spamming one of the two of them.

I don't even mind being beaten by other character types, because it is an actual fight, but Ivis/Ouka are wayyy too OP and spam happy.

OP?! I kill them with just a lvl 8 Crimrose armed with an auto beam rifle mod and a fire staff, nevermind my claw arm thingy (forgot what the arm was called.)

btw: LND>ART>AIR>LND
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:41 pm

Fisheh wrote:
BB wrote:

I play a customized L ART that I put a LOT of time and effort in to making and it is extremely frustrating when an Ivis/Ouka comes out of nowhere and stun-locks/kills me in about 6 seconds even though I have over 500 hp and 28 Tough.

I hope they make them cash shop currency when the game is in full-release so PvP isn't as broken with everyone spamming one of the two of them.

I don't even mind being beaten by other character types, because it is an actual fight, but Ivis/Ouka are wayyy too OP and spam happy.

OP?! I kill them with just a lvl 8 Crimrose armed with an auto beam rifle mod and a fire staff, nevermind my claw arm thingy (forgot what the arm was called.)

btw: LND>ART>AIR>LND

I know the hierarchy of the checks/balances system but Ivis and Ouka are OP'd in general, even compared to AIR types. If an Air type runs out of boost and hits the ground or is even in a mid instead of high air altitude, it will get stun locked/destroyed by Ivis.

I'm just hoping it becomes less of a problem in the future and everyone who insta-goes for 1 of the 2 doesn't end up learning how to make their own BOTS and feels the consequences of it >;D
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:37 pm

BB wrote:
I know the hierarchy of the checks/balances system but Ivis and Ouka are OP'd in general, even compared to AIR types. If an Air type runs out of boost and hits the ground or is even in a mid instead of high air altitude, it will get stun locked/destroyed by Ivis.
Your point being? An AIR running out of boost is a way for EVERY type of robo to have a better chance at taking it down, not just Ivis. Even a Jikun Hu or even a Misty Hollow can stalk an AIR type until he runs out of boost so that he can kick the AIR/reap the AIR to death. All other LND types can capitalize on an AIR's sudden lack of boost and you cry foul when Ivis exploits that fault?

Oh and if a LND type, let alone Ivis, can reach an AIR type with melee, then it's because the AIR type is flying too low for the LND type to hit, which is mostly the AIR type's fault.

And I capitalize on that fault by tuning Ivis' FLY to 20 so that she'd have a decent enough speed to reach the enemy via flight hahaha.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:18 pm

Mesil wrote:
BB wrote:

You're the voice of the deviîîîiiil. (No I'm kidding, I'm just afraid this game will be really broken by cash shop, just a bad feel).

I never played Ivis, but anyway I don't care about her. Because if there is too many of them, I take AIR auto beam gun/power shooter, and let's rape these fuckin little clone girls.

I'm more bored by Gaycardjumper, which tend to be played more and more, and which is 100 times more annoying.

(For those who don"t know what I'm talking about, bot which use throwing cards and Hatigarm legs, If I'm not wrong).

Sorry, most bots that we currently have available to use will be cash only or garapon only, which of course costs cash per use.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:29 pm

NovaZero wrote:
BB wrote:
Your point being? An AIR running out of boost is a way for EVERY type of robo to have a better chance at taking it down, not just Ivis. Even a Jikun Hu or even a Misty Hollow can stalk an AIR type until he runs out of boost so that he can kick the AIR/reap the AIR to death. All other LND types can capitalize on an AIR's sudden lack of boost and you cry foul when Ivis exploits that fault?

Oh and if a LND type, let alone Ivis, can reach an AIR type with melee, then it's because the AIR type is flying too low for the LND type to hit, which is mostly the AIR type's fault.

And I capitalize on that fault by tuning Ivis' FLY to 20 so that she'd have a decent enough speed to reach the enemy via flight hahaha.

Perhaps the middle part is true, but being plucked out of the air is one of the many things that makes Ivis broken. There isn't really any debate whether or not it IS broken, just by what extent.
Back to top Go down
Fisheh
Newcomer
Newcomer
Fisheh

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:07 pm

BB wrote:
Perhaps the middle part is true, but being plucked out of the air is one of the many things that makes Ivis broken. There isn't really any debate whether or not it IS broken, just by what extent.

Stay over an area with higher elevation or use a Quick Land (I think it was called that) cartridge?
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 11:22 pm

I use Tengu to warp down to land, but it doesn't work if you're getting hit too much. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:35 am

On a whim, I decided to transfer my 650 Speed Peace Maker onto my Level 8 Stock Ivis and see how I fared in Union Wars. This was the result.

First try. No prior experience. No tuning beyond the Peace Maker, which I only used while closing the gap. Hell, half the time I didn't even have her buff on. Didn't even matter.

I mean, it would be fine if there was more to it, but reaching #1 by just Right-Clicking Arts? It's shameful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 12:44 am

FenixStryk wrote:
On a whim, I decided to transfer my 650 Speed Peace Maker onto my Level 8 Stock Ivis and see how I fared in Union Wars. This was the result.

First try. No prior experience. No tuning beyond the Peace Maker, which I only used while closing the gap. Hell, half the time I didn't even have her buff on. Didn't even matter.

I mean, it would be fine if there was more to it, but reaching #1 by just Right-Clicking Arts? It's shameful.

Oh noes you got'sa aim an do liek advanced moves 'n sturf.

Seriously tho, enough of the bullshit. It is quite obvious all you have to do is spam sub. Enough of the posts about how any of that requires skill or does not change a game if there is an ivis in a match. It has been proved many times that someone who just joined CB can take an Ivis and get first, if not top 10 the first time they play. I know, I've gifted newbies Ivis before and seen it happen. Well you know what I mean. Got them tune up parts to sell to roll for ivis. You get the point. Helped them get it for garapon. I did that for clan mates before I joined Snowflake to help our newbs out and it totally worked.

Last edited by Mayhem on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vsin

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:18 am

Pretty much as above. Beginners Ivis play is "get close, right click, get points". Advanced is "get close, right click, make sure you're still within range, keep right clicking." Oh my, how difficult.

With Ouka though, I disagree that she's OP. Utterly useless against anything in the air(at least Ivis can snag the low-fliers). Her stock combo is powerful but she doesn't have Superarmor and her base TGH is very low so she easily gets stunned. Compare an Ivis bumrush to an Ouka bumrush: the Ivis dies and takes 3 with her, while the Ouka just flat out dies before she kills anything.

Still, I like my good ol Saggitary 1. I've topped rounds frequently with that, and I actually laugh when I seen an Ouka/Ivis try to rush me because I know how to dodge stuff like that and still attack back. Plus, dual riflebits + PS = 300 range machinegun, + Railgun = long-ranged Ivis.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 2:29 am

Vsin wrote:
... Beginners Ivis play is "get close, right click, get points". Advanced is "get close, right click, make sure you're still within range, keep right clicking." Oh my, how difficult.

This needs to be sticky'd as a "how to use Ivis" guide~

x3
Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 3:01 am

I ended up spending the rest of the night goofing off with my Peace Maker. To be honest, it's just far more satisfying to kill someone with that rifle than it is clicking an Art over and over that has zero chance of escape once I make contact. In terms of lesser evils, the thunk-thunk-thunk of a Peace Maker beats the whining of an Ivis whacking someone.

That said, my heart still lies with Air types such as Izuna. I'd rather have a strong, well-balanced chassis with built-in mobility and long-range capabilities, instead of Ivis' bad-mannered one-button combo.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:37 am

I know what you say is true, but it won't stop me from using Ivis. At the very least, I won't CV just to give the poor saps a fighting chance. She does exist in the game to be played. I doubt listing every fault of Ivis will even make me feel shame in using her...or for that matter, stop a bunch of others since it brings them victory. Not that I like mashing right-click to victory. The very idea of it kills my skill with other robos. It's just that I'm that set on using Ivis.
Back to top Go down
frappn

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:20 pm

At least Ivis dies easy. Hit fast, die fast, that's Ivis. Oh and no skill.

Those card jumpers though, man those card jumpers.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 8:02 pm

...and the scary thing is, I'm *SO* bad at melee, even the Ivis is basically useless when I'm trying to use it...yeah, auto-aim doesn't help me much.... Sad

To date, I've got a grand total of ONE kill using Ivis in pvp...on an immobile target...and it took me TWO swings to connect....

Yet, with my recently aquired Bugsycait BOOM's shock tonfas, I've made 6-7 melee kills...make of that what you will. *shrug* scratch
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 10:28 pm

I have my anti-Ivis...

My quad domiclown AM3 mighty byne. Very Happy

viper shields die to the first barrage of cards, which means I go to work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
frappn

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:21 pm

But I use a buckler...
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:28 pm

frappn wrote:
But I use a buckler...
Same deal. It'll break anyway.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 1:08 am

Assuming I can get the drop on one, I -have- had some luck against Ivis(and Ouka) with the Bugsycait BOOM; it's shock tonfas totally shut down melee, and if you give Bugsy a Paralyzer gun(-and- Cosmos it for double stun chance like I did), a lot of melee-'bots will find themselves JUST out of arm's reach of you!

Hillarious example is from a few days ago...Ouka charges me and swings a split-second too early, carrying it right into my 1st shock tonfa attack; the player then stands dead still for an eyeblink as it sinks in that they no longer have ANY melee attacks available, followed by the fastest turn-tail and run like heck gameplan I've seen yet! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 3:16 am

CapeMike wrote:
Assuming I can get the drop on one, I -have- had some luck against Ivis(and Ouka) with the Bugsycait BOOM; it's shock tonfas totally shut down melee, and if you give Bugsy a Paralyzer gun(-and- Cosmos it for double stun chance like I did), a lot of melee-'bots will find themselves JUST out of arm's reach of you!

Hillarious example is from a few days ago...Ouka charges me and swings a split-second too early, carrying it right into my 1st shock tonfa attack; the player then stands dead still for an eyeblink as it sinks in that they no longer have ANY melee attacks available, followed by the fastest turn-tail and run like heck gameplan I've seen yet! Laughing

That is possible if you are attempting at raping an Ouka. But that won't work on ivis, since she is literally stun proof.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:15 am

frappn wrote:
At least Ivis dies easy. Hit fast, die fast, that's Ivis. Oh and no skill.
Those card jumpers though, man those card jumpers.

sorry this might piss you off, but, Ivis kill fast, and die fast. That's no skill Ivis, and probably your Ivis? Skilled Ivis, kill fast, die hard ^^
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:19 am

sunjae429 wrote:
That is possible if you are attempting at raping an Ouka. But that won't work on ivis, since she is literally stun proof.
Shock kills usage of sub weapons, not stun. Said Ivis was standing still because the guy was mashing right click while wondering why she isn't slashing.

...which actually bugs me, as we already have access to the perfect Anti-Ivis weapons(Shock Knife, Shock Shield and Shock Tonfa), and yet I don't see proper utilization of these weapons. Shock Knife and maybe Shock Tonfa, I can understand, but come on! I see so many Bugsycaits actually turn tail and run at the sight of Ivis instead of, you know, planting a Shock Shield.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:07 am

cuz their brain has filled with "oh fk i'm gonna get killed if i attempt to hit ivis back *runs*"

and really =.= the topic is quitting Ivis, not about telling why ivis is bad or why she's blah and bleh and whatever. Please stay on topic -_-
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:24 am

We've established the fact that Xenosnake wants to quit Ivis. The following posts are partly arguing why Xenosnake should(not) continue using Ivis, despite the fact that Xenosnake still likes Ivis, and partly a discussion on Ivis.

In all technicalities, it's not off-topic, since we're discussing why Ivis should(not) be used, which may(not) convince Xenosnake to pick up Ivis again.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:57 am

We've already tried the shock shield, and the verdict is that the shock status is too short to effectively avoid death.

Even if you combine shock shield and shock tonfa, just a bit of running around and Ivis/Ouka will be back on mashing you to death.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quitting Ivis (post here)
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next