Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Quitting Ivis (post here)

Go down 
+26
Andaros
Skulkraken
ChaosOmni
-VB-
Shin Majin
RST-00
Feign
Hyoka
KBTKaiser
CapeMike
frappn
Daylyt
Vsin
Fisheh
Midona
BB
gunzlinger
FenixStryk
Foxie
azz33
ArcticFox
NovaZero
Jello
Asukuu
Vareluxe
Xenosnake
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 182

Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:04 pm

I really want to try playing ivis ._.
wasted 400k something on garapon sp just for her, and all that come is shits >.>
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:39 pm

I have so many Ivis sitting in my Garage. D:
I fail pretty badly with her....
Since Foxie is more of a team player, I don't like my suicidal rushes. D:
I like being the air support for our Artillery and helping them out. ^w^
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:53 pm

I've seen my fair share of Ivises (and Oukas). They just don't impress me any more (nor do card-spammers). Yes, they're powerful, but they're also mindless to the point where you have to question how much of the player's score was carried by the bot itself.

Granted, Jet Hammers and a few other weapons seem to have evaded the general bad-mannered label despite their awesome power... but I suppose it's simply because they're rare in comparison.

I do have an Ivis; three of them, actually, and one's around Level 8... but I've never used her more than a few times total. All of that experience was from just sitting in the third slot of my commando being useless. I don't like the play style and there's no sense in trying to be good at it when reaching that point only nets you notoriety.

It's just not worth it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:04 pm

Foxie wrote:
I have so many Ivis sitting in my Garage. D:
I fail pretty badly with her....
Since Foxie is more of a team player, I don't like my suicidal rushes. D:
I like being the air support for our Artillery and helping them out. ^w^

I really wanted to do that, but i was an idiot to junk both my crims and aquila.... I have now in my garage
Ivis
Zero saber girl
Maril march. <---- only thing im good at really...
Shino exroad alpha
Two jikun hus
Crim N which i have no idea what do do about....
Except for that crim which i have no idea how to use, i do not currently have an air type, so i go and shoot down airs with my maril, and once i die, i get ivis or zsg to get at them back....
Im saving up for Izuna..... Only another 10k to collect.... D:
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 3:31 pm

I've got like 20 bots in my garage, and I junked a good 10 (at least.) ... probably why I'm so poor right now. Can't even afford a Seraph Promotion.
Mad
I had 5 Shino Exroads, 2 Shino Exroad Alphas, 3 Garulas, 2 Domiclowns, 2 Lancelots, 2 Ivises, 1 Winberll, Crim B, Crim, 3 Boiledecks, 3 Tengus, 1 LazFlamme, 1 Hound Dog, 1 Mighty Byne, 1 Zero Jetter Girl, 1 Zero Saber Girl, an Aquila, and some crappy Arts that I'm forgetting.

I currently want a Saggitary Maxis and some other stuff :/
Mostly a Seraph (working on it.)
And probably a Toybox and an Ouka (yeah, I know, I just wanna try out Ouka.)
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:03 pm

gunzlinger wrote:
I've got like 20 bots in my garage, and I junked a good 10 (at least.) ... probably why I'm so poor right now.

Compared to me that's kind of nothing. I've already junked a good hundred or two for points. Razz
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:32 pm

I played a ridiclous amount of time this weeked & had 3x uc on the whole time. Got lucky with my gatcha rolls too, pretty much anything i wanted i got within 2-5 of the (8k for 5) rolls. 2x each chibi besides crim chan, 2x each xmas with 3 zero sabre girls, 2 ivis's, pretty much 1+ each of all the gatcha izuna kamui versions, etc, etc, etc. (Got all of it in one weekend too ^^)

Got about 40 random bots & at least 20-30+ I scrapped (alot of the scrapped ones came from clan member lvl ups though too)

The ONLY bots I dont have from gatcha that I somewhat want are crim chan & bug-something boom (that gold bot in the gatcha that has the dayu... got dayu on 3rd spin so i diddn't bother to roll it anymore)

Personally, I think ouka & seph crim are more fun to play than ivis. Dosen't mean ivis isn't fun to use once in ahwile too though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 4:36 pm

Mixed wrote:
I played a ridiclous amount of time this weeked & had 3x uc on the whole time. Got lucky with my gatcha rolls too, pretty much anything i wanted i got within 2-5 of the (8k for 5) rolls. 2x each chibi besides crim chan, 2x each xmas with 3 zero sabre girls, 2 ivis's, pretty much 1+ each of all the gatcha izuna kamui versions, etc, etc, etc. (Got all of it in one weekend too ^^)

Got about 40 random bots & at least 20-30+ I scrapped (alot of the scrapped ones came from clan member lvl ups though too)

The ONLY bots I dont have from gatcha that I somewhat want are crim chan & bug-something boom (that gold bot in the gatcha that has the dayu... got dayu on 3rd spin so i diddn't bother to roll it anymore)

Personally, I think ouka & seph crim are more fun to play than ivis. Dosen't mean ivis isn't fun to use once in ahwile too though. Razz
Whats your IGN?
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:32 pm

Foxie wrote:
Whats your IGN?

watch out. this foxie trying to stalk you DD:
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:34 pm

Just went on a scrap fest getting rid of all doubles & bots I Know for a fact i'll never use, at about 27-32 bots now.

Foxie wrote:
Whats your IGN?

Mixed

How could a fellow kitsune lover possibly be a stalker *wink*........... yup...nothing at all wrong here....................... *scary second thoughts*
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:46 pm

varetyr wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Whats your IGN?

watch out. this foxie trying to stalk you DD:
Actually I was intending to buy him a little crim but then I remembered its garapon only. x:
Back to top Go down
Xenosnake
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Xenosnake

Male Posts : 298

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:52 pm

NovaZero wrote:

>>Xenosnake

You know what, here's what you can do with Ivis. Just play as her normally, only vow to yourself never to activate Crimson Veil. It's a pretty fun experience.

I used to use my Ivis with just Ivis, no added weapons...XP I may try that out later. :3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:11 pm

Xenosnake wrote:
NovaZero wrote:

>>Xenosnake

You know what, here's what you can do with Ivis. Just play as her normally, only vow to yourself never to activate Crimson Veil. It's a pretty fun experience.

I used to use my Ivis with just Ivis, no added weapons...XP I may try that out later. :3

Half the time I cant be stuffed using crimson veil... I rely on my mouse and mouse only :3
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Now I got a 2nd account I plan to make my main after wipe & maby before... still bare though so any gifts are appreciated Very Happy

New accounts name is ArcticFox... anyone wanna add me to their clan? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:21 pm

ArcticFox wrote:
Now I got a 2nd account I plan to make my main after wipe & maby before... still bare though so any gifts are appreciated Very Happy

New accounts name is ArcticFox... anyone wanna add me to their clan? Smile

To whoever is planning to add, add me too please
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 6:31 pm

azz33 wrote:
LOL.

Ivis is not only "spam rigth click". It actually requires some skill to control her attacks and don't miss your target.

I really don't need ivis for be in the first places. I got to the first places of the battle with a crimrose seraph and 2 weapon-less chibis.

But ivis is quite fun.

The only hard thing about Ivis is not hitting something with your over 9000 combo attack, especially in a crowd of a dozen enemies. When Ivis first came out in OB1 I tried her out just for the hell of it. Even tho by default, I refuse to use female bots. I easily killed the enemy team by myself. For the record there are quite a few melee weapons you need to aim with and control on any other melee bot. Meaning there is no reason not to use ivis if you're going melee. Both Ivis and Ouka can hit a dozen people in one attack, turn around, hit a dozen people again and repeat. It was by far the most easiest thing to do in the game and no one can justify it as being "hard" to aim in the general direction of the opposing team and start dashing about the area doing massive combo damage to them.
Back to top Go down
Vareluxe
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:38 am

Mayhem: I fixed the quote for you.
Mayhem wrote:
The only hard thing about Ivis is not hitting something with your over 9000 combo attack, especially in a crowd of a dozen enemies. When Ivis first came out in OB1 I tried her out just for the hell of it. Even tho by default, I refuse to use female bots. I easily killed the enemy team by myself. For the record there are quite a few melee weapons you need to aim with and control on any other melee bot. Meaning there is no reason not to use ivis if you're going melee. Both Ivis and Ouka can hit a dozen people in one attack, turn around, hit a dozen people again and repeat. It was by far the most easiest thing to do in the game and no one can justify it as being "hard" to aim in the general direction of the opposing team and start dashing about the area doing massive combo damage to them.

well, sometimes it's fun, but in the end it'll spoil the game and eventually you'll get bored @.@
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:05 am

If ivis was rare than might actually fix things. If theres 30 people in a game & only 1 has a ivis... it would be like having a target painted on your back. The ivis user would be the one everyone (especially the air types) targeted first & that along with ivis's low survivability would balance things out a bit.

Ivis is a kamikaze bot in the first place, all offence & no defence, not really a big deal. Its when you got a TON of them being used all at once that it becomes balance a problem, resulting in a general decrease in art types & any land type that isn't an ouka or ivis used & an increase in air types as well as other ouka/ivis users.

Nerfing crimson viels time limit so that it could only be used in short bursts (around the same time limit as a power points boost) would also balance things somewhat.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:19 am

ArcticFox wrote:
If ivis was rare than might actually fix things. If theres 30 people in a game & only 1 has a ivis... it would be like having a target painted on your back. The ivis user would be the one everyone (especially the air types) targeted first & that along with ivis's low survivability would balance things out a bit.

Ivis is a kamikaze bot in the first place, all offence & no defence, not really a big deal. Its when you got a TON of them being used all at once that it becomes balance a problem, resulting in a general decrease in art types & any land type that isn't an ouka or ivis used & an increase in air types as well as other ouka/ivis users.

Nerfing crimson viels time limit so that it could only be used in short bursts (around the same time limit as a power points boost) would also balance things somewhat.

Um? Ivis has a free arm slot that allows her to use a shield. On top of that, she is fast enough to dodge most attacks without tuning speed. Also, Ivis is as horrific a bot in Japan as she is here. Even when she is a rare garapon bot, there is half a dozen of them in every game. I don't see them dieing any faster. Everyone always goes after Ivis and Ouka in both the Japanese and English version... Yet they survive a lot longer than any other bot who is trying to fight a team of people. Meaning, again, there is no reason not to use Ivis. Other than the fact that you're obviously using a handicap bot and you can't say you have skill while using it.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 7:56 am

Mayhem wrote:
Um? Ivis has a free arm slot that allows her to use a shield. On top of that, she is fast enough to dodge most attacks without tuning speed. Also, Ivis is as horrific a bot in Japan as she is here. Even when she is a rare garapon bot, there is half a dozen of them in every game. I don't see them dieing any faster. Everyone always goes after Ivis and Ouka in both the Japanese and English version... Yet they survive a lot longer than any other bot who is trying to fight a team of people. Meaning, again, there is no reason not to use Ivis. Other than the fact that you're obviously using a handicap bot and you can't say you have skill while using it.
Really, Mayhem. 1 Ivis every 3-5 rooms is a dozen? Seriously. I barely see Ivis in CBJP arena at all. I must know which rooms you go to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:09 am

NovaZero wrote:
Mayhem wrote:
Really, Mayhem. 1 Ivis every 3-5 rooms is a dozen? Seriously. I barely see Ivis in CBJP arena at all. I must know which rooms you go to.

The normal WIZ Vs room that are normally filled around the time I play. That's counting Ivis for BOTH teams. I've never seen one or zero in a game room.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:14 am

I see. So JP WIZ has most of the Ives, then. Because I hardly see Ivis at all. When I'm lucky, either 1 or 2. And even when I do see an Ivis, it's not usually a big deal. Heck, she doesn't even pose a threat or at the very least have a big impact on the battle.
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 8:26 am

NovaZero wrote:
Heck, she doesn't even pose a threat or at the very least have a big impact on the battle.

Thats more or less what I was trying to get at, a single or even 2 ivis's in a game wouldn't create any real balance issues. Its when a large percentage of players use it that it starts creating issues & starts to affect the trend of bots people tend to use.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm so glad there's one less Ivis now.

I play a customized L ART that I put a LOT of time and effort in to making and it is extremely frustrating when an Ivis/Ouka comes out of nowhere and stun-locks/kills me in about 6 seconds even though I have over 500 hp and 28 Tough.

I hope they make them cash shop currency when the game is in full-release so PvP isn't as broken with everyone spamming one of the two of them.

I don't even mind being beaten by other character types, because it is an actual fight, but Ivis/Ouka are wayyy too OP and spam happy.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 4:27 pm

BB wrote:
I'm so glad there's one less Ivis now.

I play a customized L ART that I put a LOT of time and effort in to making and it is extremely frustrating when an Ivis/Ouka comes out of nowhere and stun-locks/kills me in about 6 seconds even though I have over 500 hp and 28 Tough.

I hope they make them cash shop currency when the game is in full-release so PvP isn't as broken with everyone spamming one of the two of them.

I don't even mind being beaten by other character types, because it is an actual fight, but Ivis/Ouka are wayyy too OP and spam happy.

You're the voice of the deviîîîiiil. (No I'm kidding, I'm just afraid this game will be really broken by cash shop, just a bad feel).

I never played Ivis, but anyway I don't care about her. Because if there is too many of them, I take AIR auto beam gun/power shooter, and let's rape these fuckin little clone girls.

I'm more bored by Gaycardjumper, which tend to be played more and more, and which is 100 times more annoying.

(For those who don"t know what I'm talking about, bot which use throwing cards and Hatigarm legs, If I'm not wrong).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quitting Ivis (post here)   Quitting Ivis (post here) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Quitting Ivis (post here)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next