Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psycho Cluster??

Go down 
+16
chengsta
Bayonette
RoboFranky
SmileBrush
Hagane
Shaftronics
ziix
xzpwnz
boytitan2
Intet
necrio
Iseal
Midona
knyx
Suguri
En-zan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 10:29 pm

knyx wrote:
I heard the new burst beam is weaker but spammable, how many shots is in a burst of the new core?

You can fire up to 3 shots in succession.

Take note that this means TGH will actually effect your burst beam dmg (on successive hits, which you should be landing with proper set up), so sometimes you might want to just fire one at a time. Dmg is still pretty good though. Homing rays now converge on the target (rather than following the burst beam in a spread)

You could make an alpha fag out of it, cept that would be a waste and retarded. The core weapon has so much range on both the main and the sub, most weaponry would not reach as far as your core. Not to mention the sub alone is all the heavy damage you need, and it homes. There is also the fact that cluster is tight on cost, so you won't even have room for a lot off weapons anyway if you plan to tune (which is pretty much required).
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:02 am

On the original cluster the ball is pretty much a guaranteed home if you're flying from above, how does the new homing compare. And also homing laser? So mechas finally get a AG-like LND troll weapon? I must admit most things in this gara > Ivis.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 2:47 am

New homing is still pretty good from what I can tell, but I haven't leveled, tuned, and properly tested it in combat.

Homing lasers are what psycho cluster (both versions) fire in addition to the burst beam, the rays that track along with the ball. They have the same force as your pulse missiles from what I can tell. This is why a full burst beam + rays does so much damage, its the core weapon+ main weapon. Since the new one fires rays that home better, you stand a chance of landing shots of 60 damage roughly before weakness/resistance more often.

Airs have always had an AG grade weapon against lands...pulse missiles. Which not only track even better against ground targets, are available on a uc bot as a main gun, helingal. If you ever want to troll the shit out of hoppers, just take any bot (cept mach knight one) that has pulse missiles and laugh as they make futile attempts to avoid the damage. I used to run a helingal to punish hoppers way back (since replaced with air raider and psycho cluster) and get destroyer cause I would rack up kills protecting the back line. Psycho cluster is just king of hopper punishment thanks to how much damage you can put out with either the main or the sub, from close, or far away.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:30 am

Am I too drunk or original psycho's sub core weapons fires a beam blast PLUS 6 homing blaster bullets?
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 am

Turkeysaur wrote:
Am I too drunk or original psycho's sub core weapons fires a beam blast PLUS 6 homing blaster bullets?

You were drunk all the time except now.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:18 am

shinigami wrote:
Turkeysaur wrote:

You were drunk all the time except now.

Original fired 6 blaster bullets, they're blue but the homing sucks too much to even be called that. The new ones look something like a subweapon raystag HD?

Also pulsemissiles are certainly the air troll weapon of choice, xz soloed my entire commando using air raider core. fagbird AM and a mini zook. Or maybe because xz is just that higher tier Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Psycho Cluster??
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3