Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psycho Cluster??

Go down 
+16
chengsta
Bayonette
RoboFranky
SmileBrush
Hagane
Shaftronics
ziix
xzpwnz
boytitan2
Intet
necrio
Iseal
Midona
knyx
Suguri
En-zan
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:51 am

boytitan2 wrote:

My aplha strike ameteus hits for the 100s afte a full burst

Of course it does, IT'S AN ART >.>
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 12:55 pm

I've dropped your Seiron HD bot with my Psycho Cluster on a regular basis, and it wasn't even past lvl 5 last time. Can't kill what you can't reach!
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 1:04 pm

Iseal wrote:
I've dropped your Seiron HD bot with my Psycho Cluster on a regular basis, and it wasn't even past lvl 5 last time. Can't kill what you can't reach!

when the hell was this and did I even see u

actualy no just shut up all I do with my airs are rambo so if I die its at the hands of ten x ppl the bot still sucks
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:14 pm

Of course you didnt see me, I was out of draw range >,,>
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:28 pm

Iseal wrote:
Of course you didnt see me, I was out of draw range >,,>

Ignore Boytitan. He denies everything because he sucks.
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:29 pm

This bot is pure anti land and thats bout it until u get it to a high lvl which is when u can customize it a bit. So before that just know your role and do not play it like a normal air trying to harass the other team or 1v1 dogfights, but stay near ps and group because with a hypershot the bits rape anything.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:40 pm

It's a VERY good AntiAir bot, if you don't mind letting the other units clean up for you. The Burst Beam knocks AIRs down, where the ARTs/VFs can tear it to pieces. Also, Hyper Shot+Burst Beam=balls of doom all over the place!
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:18 pm

Iseal wrote:
It's a VERY good AntiAir bot

You won't be able to fire your burst beam if its a 1v1 situation so stay with your team otherwise you will die, because the bits arent that hard to dodge with at 25+ fly air
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 8:20 pm

What? I always do it 1v1 to nail stuff. Just get a wep to cover people who like to ram you, and you're set.
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Iseal wrote:
It's a VERY good AntiAir bot

Psycho cluster's core wep can hit AIR bots only if he keeps so much distance (which usually doesnt happen in 1v1 AIR fight unless the opponent was dumb enough to give alpha strikers such as psycho cluster some room to rip and tear) or the opponent is running. if not in any of those two situations, u wont be able to hit without a proper support.

to make things worse, if u EVER let the other be on higher altitude than urself? dead. if ur not dead, uve been fighting with either beginners or SilentIce.

his bit does wonders against ground targets, i can totally agree to that. him being a good anti air, however? i dont c how it would work out.

Last edited by SmileBrush on Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:08 pm

The internal gains more homing the more elevation you have over your target. In a dogfight I haven't found him good against other airs (then again I'm not using a mini bazooka on him atm, so hurr), but in any map where you can claim the high ground you can bomb other airs for 60s from >400 range away and make it nearly impossible for them to dodge it. Stuns pretty much every time, too.

Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:20 pm

Maybe it's just me then? I suck at killing AIR units, but I can survive a really long time in a dogfight. I usually end up hopping on a tree and either point-blank-firing the SubWep or forcing them to retreat, where I get a free kill. Yeah, after reading that, it's probably because I practice landing on trees from odd camera angles.

I can't think of any reason why you would LOOK for a dogfight, you just shoot stuff that tries to kill you before it reaches you. I suppose "AntiAir" isn't a good description for what I was trying to say. It's more of an "Anti Distance Change" unit. If they try to close distance or make distance, that's 40 free damage for you.

How do you classify a unit as an "Alpha Striker"? Just if they have internal weps and Moving Burst? I play my Psycho Cluster using the internal weps alone, with a utility wep in the hands. Should I pick up Moving Burst as my one cart rather than Quick Boost?
Back to top Go down
Hagane
Hagane

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:46 pm

Iseal wrote:
Should I pick up Moving Burst as my one cart rather than Quick Boost?

Get both if you plan to equip 2 weapons and want to alpha strike, which is possible with his 6 bits, but if you can't sacrifice one capa cart, just get quick boost. Quick Boost is priority for every single air since you are most vulnerable when you land.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:58 pm

Hagane wrote:
Quick Boost is priority for every single air since you are most vulnerable when you land.
It's only necessary if you're playing aggressively and frequently run the risk of landing in enemy territory. With cluster's range, that shouldn't really ever be a problem.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 2:42 am

Helps when someone takes the fight to you. It's a fine bot in a dogfight, as long as you play properly.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:11 am

Is it just me or
does he keep falling when I use the sub weapon? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 9:44 am

RoboFranky wrote:
Is it just me or
does he keep falling when I use the sub weapon? Suspect
He will if you fly straight up when you use it.
Back to top Go down
Bayonette
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 185

PostSubject: Psycho Cluster Neo...   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 1:56 am

Is there any difference between the original Psy-Clu and the Neo Psy-Clu?
Back to top Go down
chengsta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:17 am

There is absolutely no difference with the funnels: 2x internal cart tunes = 5 force (neo) instead of 6 (original), but i dont see any damage difference. They lock and hit the same too. The only difference is the sub weapon, which fires 3 times in succession before cooldown, and has more ammo than original psycluster. They both still got the same great homing ability. However, that 3x firing rate makes a whole world of difference, and actually worth using. Also, I noticed that it crits lands for 100+ damage, I've never seen that with the normal psycluster.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlpAyAjgTq4

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:22 am

chengsta wrote:
Also, I noticed that it crits lands for 100+ damage, I've never seen that with the normal psycluster.
Each of the lasers outside of the burst beam seems to have considerable force than the normal psycho cluster. The burst itself hits for around 25-30, but turns to 103 if all of them hit.
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 am

chengsta wrote:
There is absolutely no difference with the funnels: 2x internal cart tunes = 5 force (neo) instead of 6 (original), but i dont see any damage difference. They lock and hit the same too. The only difference is the sub weapon, which fires 3 times in succession before cooldown, and has more ammo than original psycluster. They both still got the same great homing ability. However, that 3x firing rate makes a whole world of difference, and actually worth using. Also, I noticed that it crits lands for 100+ damage, I've never seen that with the normal psycluster.
neo 5 force x 6 missiles = 30
original 6 force x 6 missiles = 36
that's HUGE difference
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 6:56 am

when I use sub core weapon, sometimes the big ball homing correctly and sometimes the big ball is fall to down Sad
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 5:13 pm

New and old break down:

New sub weapon has worse pulse-missiles, a weaker burst beam, stronger homing lasers.
Old sub weapon has better pulse-missiles, a stronger burst beam, weak homing lasers and a charge time.

When you just want to spam the core sub, the new one is the better choice. Old one is still good for flying around and sniping people with it. New one supports faux ART style play of finding a nice spot, and just blasting away.

Stats are close, but slightly different. Unlike some variants, it matters here thanks to cluster's low capacity and need for tuning. You still have the option of pumping fly and going from there, though if you wanted something different, you could pump tec, keep fly/wlk workable levels, and play it as an ART unit. Cluster is a late bloomer, don't expect anything too amazing till you've completed the bot.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:45 pm

I heard the new burst beam is weaker but spammable, how many shots is in a burst of the new core?
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 9:54 pm

Maybe this one I can make into an alpha fag now? Very Happy I'd like the answer to knyx's question too please ._.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster??   Psycho Cluster?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Psycho Cluster??
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next