Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Psycho Cluster Alpha

Go down 
+5
Intet
ngelicdark
Trill
Raven
Shaftronics
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Psycho Cluster Alpha Empty
PostSubject: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 1:44 am

Psycho Cluster Alpha HpzFI

Basically.

2 Flint Muskets.
Pacifar BR AMs
Psycho Formula HD2
Psycho Cluster BD.

Hurts aplenty when it all lands on a target.

Critique?
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:43 am

You're going to run out of ammo on the BD fast, but that's about it. Raystag HD would be a better choice IMO, but I think you'd overcast.

I personally never felt Psycho Cluster was a good alpha striker because of his horrible capacity, but don't knock it 'til you try it I guess.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:42 pm

If you've tuned TGH, I'd have to ask why :<

11 is normally good for airs, 16 seems like overkill...

The only point of using Psycho Formula HD2 in a build is to use it to lead shots with. Simply tuning range with it lets you alphag from quite a ways, which suits psycho cluster more IMO, and would let you lower TGH safely.

Also; ever tried dropping that Brickgale BS in trade for Beezle LG's + Floatdash/Shortboost?

Definately not the most conventional method, but its basically the same after a while, with the added bonus of being able to get height advantage over airs in air vs air fights (melee tracking in LG's will chase them up, then do the rising attack part)
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:19 pm

You did happen to look at the old psychocluster thread from like a few months ago did you? Your build is very similar to that.

TBH Trill, I don't see why you're bugging out on 16 TGH. The weapons he has now don't benefit much more from 2-4 more TEC as much as he would benefit from 16 TGH. It's not so much as not getting stunned (because as an AIR if a blast touches you, you're going to be stunned), but so much as damage reduction. Though I sure hope you didn't cut off at an early FLY breakpoint (with no accel roll/air loop to aid in evasion) for that 16 TGH either.

Though I must ask, if psychocluster does get stun regain, have you any thought of getting that? I don't know how you play your alpha strikers in particular, but it looks like from the build you like to stay in the air as long as possible.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:28 pm

Cluster doesn't get stun regain. The thing with psycho cluster is that with the core sub being so awesome if you position right, why bother packing on so many guns to alpha with? I feel it's better played sub spamming, but whatever floats your boat.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:36 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
You did happen to look at the old psychocluster thread from like a few months ago did you? Your build is very similar to that.

TBH Trill, I don't see why you're bugging out on 16 TGH. The weapons he has now don't benefit much more from 2-4 more TEC as much as he would benefit from 16 TGH. It's not so much as not getting stunned (because as an AIR if a blast touches you, you're going to be stunned), but so much as damage reduction. Though I sure hope you didn't cut off at an early FLY breakpoint (with no accel roll/air loop to aid in evasion) for that 16 TGH either.

Though I must ask, if psychocluster does get stun regain, have you any thought of getting that? I don't know how you play your alpha strikers in particular, but it looks like from the build you like to stay in the air as long as possible.

I never implied he should drop TGH for tec. I just questioned why he took 16 TGH instead of higher fly and or more carts/weapon tunes.

What I said about range tuning his HD would make lowering tgh safer is that alphagging from a longer range is safer, so you wouldnt have such a need for 16 TGH.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 9:50 pm

Trill wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

I never implied he should drop TGH for tec. I just questioned why he took 16 TGH instead of higher fly and or more carts/weapon tunes.

What I said about range tuning his HD would make lowering tgh safer is that alphagging from a longer range is safer, so you wouldnt have such a need for 16 TGH.

Pacifar arms are the source of that tgh, and it can alpha from 300 units. Of course, at that range moving burst seems like an odd cart choice unless you also plan to alpha from shorter distances. MB only is going to last for one salvo though.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:00 pm

Intet wrote:
Trill wrote:
ngelicdark wrote:

Pacifar arms are the source of that tgh, and it can alpha from 300 units. Of course, at that range moving burst seems like an odd cart choice unless you also plan to alpha from shorter distances. MB only is going to last for one salvo though.

That explains a bit actually. Though iirc, I remember having just maybe 2 TGH extra; usually it settles at 14 for that..but eh. Something else probably there that gives TGH and I'm not checking.

Iirc, Psychocluster's subs have better homing from a higher angle degree of fire (a pro for a BG BS). Since he'll be in the air (theoretically) for most of the time, might as well make do with a MB burst. It does do quite a bit of damage, though a bit harder to aim. BRs though, make the task fairly easy. Don't know why.

I think Psychocluster's cap is too tight for a tune on the HD. It's already maxed out on cap and is lvl 9 Sad If he did want to tune that HD, he would probably have to get cheaper somethings. Though the other idea is to get rid of BG BS, and swap it in for a cheaper BS+quick jump, which can work *almost* the same.

Other than that, yeah, why is FLY so low? o.o There's no accel/air loop there, and.30 FLY.. You could get close to that with just a plain Pacifar base...
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:26 am

Looking at this build reminds me of why I always tell people not to alpha with Psycho Cluster, I just think the build it a pretty bad idea in general given what else he can do. Using strictly Flint Muskets, a pretty bleh HD given his core and still having subpar stats... this entire build feels like a flawed concept for him if you ask me, although when you post a picture on not a cosmicalc breakdown it's really hard to see exactly what you did, maybe I'm just looking at bad tuning or something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:38 am

It can't alpha but k
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 am

Right, build breakdown in Cosmic Calc as follows.

Pacifar AM2's give you a whopping 3 TGH per arm. 8 On the core. 6+ 8 with 1 tgh from LGs and HD leaves me with 16. No tuning there.

Spoiler:

I mostly made this to have another Alpha Air to play around with, since I find solely spamming the core amazingly boring. (I don't enjoy hopping with only the core on my Muchi, for example.)

Damage is good when it hits. Slight trouble vs AIRs, but the muskets and sub-weapon can deal with those on a basis. Long-ranged as you can expect, but with how CB is nowadays, never a bad thing to have Brickgale BS. Cost is tight as hell, of course. 30 Fly is generally enough when you're moving up from long-mid ranged and not heading in close anyway. The issue with this build is probably endurance, with its low ammo count, not including the HD and flint muskets, but at least I'll be out-damaging my cost. But having a utilitarian, 1075 cost Alpha Air with the ability to fight in any range in most environments, never a bad thing, at least for me.

What I do like however, is how many tune mats it took to build this.

Wait 'till you see my Air Raider anyway, lul.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:54 am

the only thing i dont like about this build is that theres no capa to raise fly above 30.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:38 am

Shaftronics wrote:
Right, build breakdown in Cosmic Calc as follows.

Pacifar AM2's give you a whopping 3 TGH per arm. 8 On the core. 6+ 8 with 1 tgh from LGs and HD leaves me with 16. No tuning there.

Spoiler:

I mostly made this to have another Alpha Air to play around with, since I find solely spamming the core amazingly boring. (I don't enjoy hopping with only the core on my Muchi, for example.)

Damage is good when it hits. Slight trouble vs AIRs, but the muskets and sub-weapon can deal with those on a basis. Long-ranged as you can expect, but with how CB is nowadays, never a bad thing to have Brickgale BS. Cost is tight as hell, of course. 30 Fly is generally enough when you're moving up from long-mid ranged and not heading in close anyway. The issue with this build is probably endurance, with its low ammo count, not including the HD and flint muskets, but at least I'll be out-damaging my cost. But having a utilitarian, 1075 cost Alpha Air with the ability to fight in any range in most environments, never a bad thing, at least for me.

What I do like however, is how many tune mats it took to build this.

Wait 'till you see my Air Raider anyway, lul.

A few things I've just noticed:

There's no need to have mascot pepen as an acc; you have positive WLK as is. Ace of Hearts would do you much better.. Also I'm not sure on Seraph LGs. I remember seeing them and going, ooh they're good for their stats, but now I look at it again, and..I'm not sure. Maybe you can get away with more FLY/cap if you went with different LGs.. Beats me right now.

BG BS is very useful, so I won't argue about that. I ended up swapping out my quick jump for that BG BS. The time you save saves your life at times.

The weird thing about alpha psycho is that his weaponry for alphaing (thanks to tight cost issues), has multiple range issues. His BD sub needs far ranges and height. The Psycho HD needs you to be a certain minimum distance away from target (iirc they were psyguns). And well, rifles can fit anywhere in between; though too close is often better than too far (as in the sub's case).

The problem is finding that sweet spot distance and keeping it there where all of the weapons can work in a happy medium. In an ever changing chaotic environment though, that's one of the chief issues to keep up with.

But hey. If you're happy with your build, I have no right to say changing this or change that. But you only asked for critique after all.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:21 pm

Primary thought: Why use Psycho Formula HD2 if it isn't triple range tuned? Switch that to Tentrion HD.

No idea what legs you're using.

Tengu BS is more stat:cost efficient than Brickgale BS, and has...other perks. Not that I'm saying you should change it, just suggesting it as a viable option.

No internals on cluster seems like a bad idea to me, but I see where you're going with it.

What you could do with it.:

You already know what I think about Psycho Cluster alpha, but.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Psycho Cluster Alpha   Psycho Cluster Alpha Empty

Back to top Go down

Psycho Cluster Alpha
Page 1 of 1