Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Lets talk metagame and balance

Go down 
+41
adjutant
Iseal
Hagane
Signilde
Nerf
Shaftronics
Getab
Mintattak
Nekaru
Etherlight
IronFist
necrio
Darkmare
Intet
Gchan
RoboFranky
NumeroDoS
FireKiller87
brokita1
BNOISE
Kitouski
Priskern
knyx
SJunior
boytitan2
LazerRazer
Shikaze
Hyoka
ziix
xzpwnz
UncleBobbie
Midona
CapeMike
(´・ω・`)
Broken
yilx
NovaZero
Suguri
Nisa
Z741
Unknownmecha
45 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Unknownmecha

Lets talk metagame and balance Empty
PostSubject: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 2:57 am

For once, i want to have a civilized conversation about the metagame, just remember...everyone is entitled to an opinion and please don't bash each other.
I got a good thread going in the Japanese community forum, so I thought i would give it a try here.

My opinion at the moment is that the relationship between art and air units is effed up so badly, it seems like shit needs to get fixed. matter of fact, I think air>everything now.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:00 am

Unknownmecha wrote:
I think air>everything now.
That's pretty much it, unless an OP LND [Fencer] manages to get a hit in.

vs LND: Beam spam
vs ART: Slayer Bit + Air Melee
vs AIR: Mini Zook
vs SUP: all of the above?
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:02 am

Only blast Bazooka's make art > air

and some variant of zooks
Back to top Go down
Unknownmecha

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:05 am

Nisa wrote:

indeed, sadly with 40 fly and super fast seraph.....makes hitting them hard.
also art units now seem to be more situational then ever as oppose to air units and lnd being always top tier in every map.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:17 am

Am I the only one that feels arts have been gaining power back slightly? Plenty of good arts like Albatross (still JP only, but still), EVE, and Toybox Girl have come along. The introduction of Greinaut provided beam-type arms they can use, either for alpha while hopping or for anti-land beamstunning purposes. And - and maybe this is just me - people seem to be realizing that even on arts, mobility > tec. A mobile art with float dash or short boost is a real pain in the ass to deal with, especially since they'll usually have heavier weaponry than other types. Looking ahead though, I'm expecting a lot of toybox girl in the near future.

Hoppers have been gradually dying out from what I've seen. With all the melee bots that have been added recently, as well as bots equipped to counter them (EVE, Psycho Cluster, Malice), that's not all too surprising. Majority of lands I see are Vanguards.

Alpha strike airs are still flavor-of-the-month, nothing new to add here. Air still > others when played well. And it honestly shouldn't be surprising, given the type that has the most available mobility will naturally have the highest skill ceiling.

I'm not even sure what's going on with supports these days. I only see Malice, and spend most matches without seeing a single healer.

tl;dr: Air is still on top and will probably stay that way, art got better, land got comparatively worse and is filling more of a niche role that seems to be mostly comprised of melee (mostly due to recent bots released more than anything, probably), WHERE'S THE GODDAMN MEDIC
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:31 am

Suguri wrote:
tl;dr: Air is still on top and will probably stay that way, art got better, land got comparatively worse and is filling more of a niche role that seems to be mostly comprised of melee (mostly due to recent bots released more than anything, probably), WHERE'S THE GODDAMN MEDIC
Medical support's pretty unpopular, though I'd say it's mostly for a personal problem because they don't earn as much points as you would attacking and are much more liable to kill your BR rating. Unless the SUP was selfless and isn't at all bothered by the BR rating, there won't be any medical support. At least, that's how I explain the newer SUP bots being offensive support(like Squidol Girl and Nicole).
Back to top Go down
yilx
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yilx

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:34 am

Current meta right now revolves around toybox girl and vanguards

alpha airs are going down because of tbox girl she's imba incarnate
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:35 am

NovaZero wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Medical support's pretty unpopular, though I'd say it's mostly for a personal problem because they don't earn as much points as you would attacking and are much more liable to kill your BR rating. Unless the SUP was selfless and isn't at all bothered by the BR rating, there won't be any medical support. At least, that's how I explain the newer SUP bots being offensive support(like Squidol Girl and Nicole).
Heh I play Medic when I wanna be lazy. Cool

As for BR getting killed, I play a Laz-chan by spamming kisses, putting up a Healing Bit, and sniping some idiot LNDs every so often and that breaks even at 5.0+ BR.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:36 am

NovaZero wrote:
Suguri wrote:
This.
Also noone drops a Wd anymore Neutral.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:39 am

Latest Tier Elites

MB Raiders

Vanguard Fencer

Amateus

Tarantulic

Latest Balance Breakers

MB raiders

K-Hoppers

Toy-chan

Tarantulic

:/
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 3:56 am

Nisa wrote:
Latest Tier Elites

MB Raiders

Latest Balance Breakers

MB raiders

how was that CTF team vs Turtle Cleave consisting of 5 MB raiders
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:09 am

(´・ω・`) wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Latest Tier Elites

MB Raiders

Latest Balance Breakers

MB raiders

how was that CTF team vs Turtle Cleave consisting of 5 MB raiders

iirc there was 4
etherlight used his/her frau,parvaneh
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 4:12 am

Nisa wrote:
iirc there was 4
etherlight used his/her frau,parvaneh

Well i didnt know what each person in my team was using but i do know each one of us had a mb air in our garage
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:01 am

NovaZero wrote:
Suguri wrote:

My main's a Pulsardio/Bugsycait hybrid who pretty much stays close to a PS and heals as often as I can recharge the repair bits...as I've never been good at offensive combat in any game of this type(of FPS types either), rear-line support is pretty much all I do, so I really don't mind it as much...also probably explains why I only recently broke 4.0 BR.... Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:49 am

Nisa wrote:

And good M.E.L. if you know what I'm talking about.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 5:54 am

The game is fairly balanced as long as you don't speak about :
- The combo Short boost and quick land. I've freakin no clue why Cyberstep didn't do anything about that.
- Seraph. Okay being able to have a very good bot in UC is cool... but dear, Seraph allow you to kill 5-6 bots without being hitted even once. At least a bonus speed reduction in superfly mode should be apreciated.
- Vanguard. Ridiculous damages and.... bugged? Whenever a vanguard hit me once I lose 100 hp REGARDLESS of my class (AIR/ART? same result). He should do 50 damages to others class no?
- Lily Rain EVE. Ridiculous to see how that moeshit can Xvs1 everyone when X > 5.

Beside these three bot with several balance issue, the meta game is fairly balanced. The msot used bots are belong to me :

LND : Ouka, Red Squaler, Mighty Byne (girl? too early to mention yet), Patty loop, double K-shield Hatigarm
AIR : Air Rider (and soon Psyco Cluster, awesome shit), Izuna Kamui and everything who can equip Frau Adone legs
ART : Amateus, Destructor CN, Sagitarus, Destructor Girl
SUP : Nicole Malice... and that it all. Maybe Winberll and some chibis
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:03 am

Midona wrote:
The game is fairly balanced as long as you don't speak about :
- The combo Short boost and quick land. I've freakin no clue why Cyberstep didn't do anything about that.
- Seraph. Okay being able to have a very good bot in UC is cool... but dear, Seraph allow you to kill 5-6 bots without being hitted even once. At least a bonus speed reduction in superfly mode should be apreciated.
- Vanguard. Ridiculous damages and.... bugged? Whenever a vanguard hit me once I lose 100 hp REGARDLESS of my class (AIR/ART? same result). He should do 50 damages to others class no?
- Lily Rain EVE. Ridiculous to see how that moeshit can Xvs1 everyone when X > 5.

Beside these three bot with several balance issue, the meta game is fairly balanced. The msot used bots are belong to me :

LND : Ouka, Red Squaler, Mighty Byne (girl? too early to mention yet), Patty loop, double K-shield Hatigarm
AIR : Air Rider (and soon Psyco Cluster, awesome shit), Izuna Kamui and everything who can equip Frau Adone legs
ART : Amateus, Destructor CN, Sagitarus, Destructor Girl
SUP : Nicole Malice... and that it all. Maybe Winberll and some chibis

1.Nothing wrong with that.
2.she doesn't have alot of ammo on the wings,+ u she has slow turning speed
3.Bugged? 50 dmg? u mad? anything with 54 force and 40 str should hit for 100+
4.She can't really 5v1 (unless they 5 is derpy bots/nubbies)

Ouka,redsquealer,byne are pretty balanced,though I would admit patty and harti is pretty OP.

Air rider? raider you mean. basically it's what people choose to MB with,and if Izuna's are OP,you need to learn some skills.

Nicole Malice,the fact that she can't regen WB and must steal it from enemies pretty much balance it,although it's fly is abit high,she has high cost and is weak to melee.

And winbell is Op,Yes i know,dem drawguns.

Chibi...you got pwnt by a chibi...they can only hold 1 gun,and have very high cost for their hp and how little you can customise them.

Well,that's my counter rant Cool
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 am

Huh? Metagame and balance?

WHERE?
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:06 am

Rock paper scissors
Melee > art
Tbg/blast zook > air
Dbmg/alpha fag > land
Support is just being a balanced derp
Right now I'd say art is the most op since the release of tbg/albatreos
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:08 am

xzpwnz wrote:

You forgot EVE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:09 am

xzpwnz wrote:
Rock paper scissors
ART = Rock
AIR = Scissors
LND = Paper
SUP = ???

AIR melee on ART is like scissors cutting up rock. You do it wrong and you'll end up with a huge chunk of your HP gone.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:13 am

ziix wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

You forgot EVE.
Eve Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 6:54 am

My metagame:

Everything's gonna kill you. No exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:00 am

Hyoka wrote:
My metagame:

oh look!

it's an unarmed chibi!

*gets shot*
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance EmptySat Apr 23, 2011 7:13 am

Nisa wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
My metagame:

oh look!

it's an unarmed chibi!

*gets shot*

I got killed by an Ouka Kamuro's Ouka Raisen.

....I'm not kidding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets talk metagame and balance   Lets talk metagame and balance Empty

Back to top Go down

Lets talk metagame and balance
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next