Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gentleman, its Time for action.

Go down 
+44
Havok
Senhime
Epacsten
NumeroDoS
necrio
brokita1
IcyAmiki
fggt
IronFist
Nisa
shinigami
Daylyt
sweetcakes
ziix
Intet
BNOISE
LazerRazer
Frederica-Bernkastel
Kecepirit
Mirien
RoboFranky
boytitan2
Lime
Darkmare
falconbane
NovaZero
SkyPanic
Hyoka
Tuskin
EMPattack
Melencholy
xzpwnz
FireKiller87
Jello
farith
Raven
Turkeysaur
FrozenEdge
Mist
knyx
StickyKeys
hankzorz
TommoPuppy
LordShade
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:04 pm

You kids see me complaining? You kids are going to derp rage and then QQ this game because of shitty developers and features that don't exist in CosmicBreak but exist somewhere else? Kids will be kids.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:09 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
If you're a art and can't get away from vf you're doing something wrong

Thank you.

@brokita: His size means nothing to anybody. By "seeing him a mile away", I refer to his giant 2h sword. It's IMPOSSIBLE to mistake that for anything else.
Second, why the HELL would any LND FLY away from Fencer? They're the fastest ON LAND. Come on, use some sense. No half-decent LND user will fly away from VF unless it's to get to a higher ledge. ART will have more difficulty running away, but it is possible. Even if running isn't an option, you can always turn and strike the first blow. This'll also give your allies the benefit of seeing VF on the radar trying to stick his sword down your throats, which means the threat can be neutralized quickly and painlessly.
Third, VF is slow for a LNDbot. I've seen plenty of Vanguards in the Arena, and I can tell you that as a general rule, they're plenty slow. Even with Boost Run and a Prop BSJ they're pretty slow for LND.
Escaping a charging VF depends on three things: Spotting him quickly before he can get close enough to rip your head off, getting out of his reach, and effectively stunlocking it to the point of it's destruction. Of the three, the first is the toughest unless you got Broad Radar.

VF's damage isn't balanced. Where the hell did I say that it was? VF has one of the highest damage outputs in the game. It's just limited to his 2h sword, which has very little reach past medium-close range. The inability of Fencer to equip any other sort of weapon besides a WB pretty much tips the scales in favor of anything that can stay out of his reach.

Not to mention VF is Overdrive dependent. Once he runs out of ODs, his value as a high-DPS melee attacker drops pretty quickly. Thus explaining the high prevalence of suicidal VF builds.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:26 pm

the fact that i mentioned fly is because you said to "fly over it and shoot it with a beam gun", and AFAIK, its possible for VF to hit 20-25 wlk with tune and prop, then boost run allows it to outrun/chase/ tackled by VF. very few land bots can match that speed with tuning, but the ones that can, will get nowhere near the damage VF has at all.

also, my mobile lily rain has 23ish fly IIRC, and she still has a problem getting away from VF, especially as moblile as she is. my guess is its the 30 foot sword.

also, this is coming from the guy using 2 (maybe even three) VF for a three star haku run

theres an old pvp saying from WoW

"the least powerful class in the game is the one i play, buff please"
or in this case, you only see select problems with your bots, and the high damage, mobility, and utility you have is just ignored

its really funny were debating this because were talking about a different game
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:37 pm

brokita1 wrote:
the fact that i mentioned fly is because you said to "fly over it and shoot it with a beam gun", and AFAIK, its possible for VF to hit 20-25 wlk with tune and prop, then boost run allows it to outrun/chase/ tackled by VF. very few land bots can match that speed with tuning, but the ones that can, will get nowhere near the damage VF has at all.

also, my mobile lily rain has 23ish fly IIRC, and she still has a problem getting away from VF, especially as moblile as she is. my guess is its the 30 foot sword.

also, this is coming from the guy using 2 (maybe even three) VF for a three star haku run

theres an old pvp saying from WoW

"the least powerful class in the game is the one i play, buff please"
or in this case, you only see select problems with your bots, and the high damage, mobility, and utility you have is just ignored

its really funny were debating this because were talking about a different game
Running on the ground and shooting VF with a beamgun works just as well. You simply don't have the advantage of being able to stay far out of VF's reach, however the damage you deal to VF(a WBG I put on by 15-TEC Crim does 20-35 damage to a Fencer, depending on the latter's TGH stat, a LNDbot with 10-12 TEC does less damage but is usually sufficient due to the 1.4x damage multiplier inflicted on Fencer) is usually enough to stun.
My Lily Rain has 13 WLK and 18 FLY. Usually when attempting to flee an oncoming VF I run to the nearest physical defense(say, a hill that's off the ground somewhat). If you're in a group, the Fencer will try to take on everything in the group at once, so running is less of a problem because Fencer will not try to take one bot down when he can be focus fired on by the rest of the group. When I'm alone, I hit up the nearest height advantage. I usually try to lead the Fencer on a chase because I'm usually surrounded by allies.
Using a LNDbot, I start running as soon as I spot a Fencer and mash the left click. Since Fencer has no ranged attack besides his giant sword, theoretically if I stay out of his reach I can gun him down while taking no damage.
I find using the terrain(breaking his lockon, getting a height advantage no matter how slim, fighting from the air) to be useful when taking on Fencers. Having one or two allies scout regularly for enemy attacks from a backside route is useful, although the practicality of this tactic is limited if you have few allies.

That saying is so true, for every MMORPG, that it's not even debatable(or funny, for that matter). It's pretty much established fact for all but the most balanced MMORPGs, of which there aren't that many of.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:57 pm

Enough with the "VF is broken"
we alrdy have a thread about that

If there is anything broken, its EVE
Only if she is in a tight spot or if u are using a hopper, u can beat her

anyway,
Back on topic,
what say we go around central area
spamming:
"WE WANT UC>RT CONVERSION" or
"WE WANT BAZAAR"

or so on.
There IS a UC>RT conversion now, its called UC gara 1 Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:36 pm

inb4 VF can recharge the charge with ammo.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:44 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
brokita1 wrote:
i fully support this thread, and i will stop my monthly purchse of 20$ :p

although from what ive seen some kids here spend hundreds to get what they want

but i could seriously see this game going the way of FEZ

which is "introduce a class or mechanic so broken, the game dies"

im looking at you fencer class

...Fencer is NOT BROKEN by any stretch of the imagination...
It's a tactic called "Fly over every fencer's head and troll his ass by spamming your beamguns in his face."
Not to mention 1)Fencer is slow as all holy f**k, 2)you can see him a mile away, 3)he has no ranged weapon whatsoever except for his 2h sword, which hits low-flying AIR if he jumps/dumb AIR flys low enough.

I doubt you saw how hard it is to hit any land unit except by dumb luck since the targeting system is retarded.

"use airs with beam guns vanguard is easy frag"

"use wisps"

"use pulsemissile"

"booster drain doesn't affect hoppers which use 1/10 of their boost gauge max"

Translation: HERP DERPITY DOO, these are the most retarded justifications given, ever.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 pm

knyx wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
brokita1 wrote:
i fully support this thread, and i will stop my monthly purchse of 20$ :p

although from what ive seen some kids here spend hundreds to get what they want

but i could seriously see this game going the way of FEZ

which is "introduce a class or mechanic so broken, the game dies"

im looking at you fencer class

...Fencer is NOT BROKEN by any stretch of the imagination...
It's a tactic called "Fly over every fencer's head and troll his ass by spamming your beamguns in his face."
Not to mention 1)Fencer is slow as all holy f**k, 2)you can see him a mile away, 3)he has no ranged weapon whatsoever except for his 2h sword, which hits low-flying AIR if he jumps/dumb AIR flys low enough.

I doubt you saw how hard it is to hit any land unit except by dumb luck since the targeting system is retarded.

"use airs with beam guns vanguard is easy frag"

"use wisps"

"use pulsemissile"

"booster drain doesn't affect hoppers which use 1/10 of their boost gauge max"

Translation: HERP DERPITY DOO, these are the most retarded justifications given, ever.

yet again, its really funny that i mentioned the fencer class from fantasy earth zero and everyone "butthurt"ed of vanguard fencer

but like i said earlier.

if they keep treating the cash system like they do, they will end up like FEZ, especially cause from what i remember of CB beta, it was fun, and balanced. way much more than it is now. who remembers the hound dog with asura AM bot you for as your first melee?
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:31 pm

the only thing I demand is the reduction of blaze baron's price to at least 50Rt or less.

that's pretty much it actually
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:38 pm

idk why they made a bot like VF who can rules all the meele type Mad
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:42 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

Coz that's the only thing he can rule at.

Otherwise...

Anything at a safe distance > VF
Anything that knows how to shoot while walking away > VF
Anything that knows how to dodge > VF
Anything flying on high altitude > VF
Anything with beam weapons > VF
Anything that can stunlock > VF

Seriously, imo, VF is only OP for those who's too stubborn to fight it in its range.

EDIT: Typos can shame me sometimes.

Last edited by NumeroDoS on Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:49 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
Learn to run, dammit. Or think. Fighting with a Leeroy Jenkins mentality against Fencer deserves swift and painful humiliation in return.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

Otherwise...

Seriously, imo, VF is only OP for those who's too stubborn to fight it in its range.

that 's why i said that it rule all the meele type
no meele can stand against with it
Back to top Go down
Melencholy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Melencholy

Male Posts : 210

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:01 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:
SkyPanic wrote:

Otherwise...

that's why i said that it rule all the melee type
no Lnd can stand against with it

Fixed~ Except Zero Saber Girl if you're able to use zero step above a VF and then Strike with a Melee Weapon and Repeat..It kinda worked for me. In some Cases, Zero Step is able to make you go through a melee attack and then strike.

Last edited by Melencholy on Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:03 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:02 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
Spoiler:

depends . . a good AIR melee spammer with some RT wepaons can start hit on him and do so much damage before taking away that VF wouldnt be able to do much but to die or to run away and try luck next time . . .

AIRs with a good (and fast combo) melee weapon and that have FLY 35 or more are a hell of melee spammers . . . yet, the same advise goes for this kind of melee spammer . . keep distance and beam him down until he dies or stun lock (sure, u can also be with a missile barrage and being at high position helps a lot if u know how to aim with your weapons)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:18 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
Catch it by surprise then if you're that insistent on hitting a VF with a sword.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:26 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
inb4 aivisu.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:40 am

Back to topic: CB is now introducing two new moe bots: Squid-chan and Toy-chan. They haven't released Ivis, Connie, Byne and Aquila yet and now this. I'm beginning to think that they released these bots just to quell our cries of injustice.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:43 am

I dun understand y u make such a fuss about that midget
EVE is the broken bot

My Byne with Kamui Staff has had many 1vs1 with that VF and pwned it all the time

Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 am

StickyKeys wrote:
Back to topic: CB is now introducing two new moe bots: Squid-chan and Toy-chan. They haven't released Ivis, Connie, Byne and Aquila yet and now this. I'm beginning to think that they released these bots just to quell our cries of injustice.

OK, what makes you think that Squidol Girl and Toybox Girl are coming in before Byne Girl and Aquila Girl? Just because everyone's talking about it doesn't mean they'll totally be the next ones coming, especially since we have teasers of Byne Girl and Squidol Girl in the login page. Heck, for all we know, we might get the new fangirls all at once.

And wishing for Ivis to be here now will just make people cry harder and quit the game altogether, given her abilities.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:11 am

NovaZero wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:

OK, what makes you think that Squidol Girl and Toybox Girl are coming in before Byne Girl and Aquila Girl? Just because everyone's talking about it doesn't mean they'll totally be the next ones coming, especially since we have teasers of Byne Girl and Squidol Girl in the login page. Heck, for all we know, we might get the new fangirls all at once.

And wishing for Ivis to be here now will just make people cry harder and quit the game altogether.
I mean that they announced two more. They won't necessarily come before the others. It's like announcing another project before even finished with the other one. It's kinda annoying since they should have an announcement date at the same time they hinted it's there. Evil or Very Mad

And the topic's been derailed too much... lol!
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:27 am

It's a common deal in threads.
Back to top Go down
sweetcakes

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:05 am

Quote :
CB is now introducing two new moe bots: Squid-chan and Toy-chan.

Where's the announcement?

>All gara bots should be in shop.

No. You're an idiot if you think this. Some mechs are just too OP.

And before you accuse me of being an RT whore. No. I've gotten RT but I've never bought it.

Back to the original topic:

Yesterday's update just show how this will never work. Lots of people still topped up even if they didn't roll.
Back to top Go down
brokita1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 am

thread derailed into people talking about their favorite RT bots and plans to buy new RT bots

its a shame, sometimes a mature player base can solve problems, but this? idk

too many kids get mad when i bring up a class from another game

which turns into " VF is fine, lrn 2 play"

which turns into "idk what wife bot to get first"
Back to top Go down
Epacsten
Epacsten

Male Posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 11:32 am

I already pretty much quit playing CB, and I'm sure as hell not charging any more Rt unless the price drops sharply, AND they implement some of the stuff we had in beta, such as challenge cubes at crim, and gifting.

As for every bot being available to everyone, the problem is that they did indeed make certain bots way too powerful in comparison to others, and that there's no progression. You don't start out being forced to use stuff like cannonballer and froglander until you prove yourself, so those bots would simply never be used, and are only rarely used now as it is.

Should every bot be available and limited by player progression? I would say yes, and frequent releases of new bots (which they already do) would keep things interesting, but it's not my game.

I can only vote with my wallet, and I already have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gentleman, its Time for action.   Gentleman, its Time for action. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Gentleman, its Time for action.
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next