Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starter Jikun Hu Build

Go down 
+19
RoboFranky
mogimus
StickyKeys
Siveria
Getab
Nisa
Trill
Shaftronics
boytitan2
LordShade
BNOISE
rei_hunter
TommoPuppy
SkyPanic
xzpwnz
knyx
utok
Suguri
NeWIZ
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:13 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions on possible ranged options for Hu. If I do go for the Boost Run cartridge, is it a good idea to combine it with Quick Boost (recharge gauge 30% faster)? Would combining Sniper Sight and Stealth System be a good idea for the overall build? I'm planning on getting 5 capacity cartridges to help with equipping some high cost weapons/parts. With level limit removers, what is the max level can Jikun Hu be leveled up to?
... i hope you joking

Get all cost capa carts and tune to 40 STR BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:19 pm

Such a new player really doesn't have the materials for that, and tuning to 40 Str so soon on a bot he's not sure he wants to use for a while could be a costly mistake.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:23 pm

Trill wrote:
Such a new player really doesn't have the materials for that, and tuning to 40 Str so soon on a bot he's not sure he wants to use for a while could be a costly mistake.
nothing wrong with a no tune, dual viper shield, all cost capa jikun.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Jikun tackle spamming is nice and all, but as much as everyone rants about it, it'd be best not to encourage it Razz
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:52 pm

Trill wrote:
Jikun tackle spamming is nice and all, but as much as everyone rants about it, it'd be best not to encourage it Razz
it's really the only viable method of playing jikun unless you go and stick 2 machine guns on it

only about 10 really playable styles that actually allow you to win and get lots of pts

1. Get one of the supposedly op bots - Eve, Vanguard, Ouka, whatever you know the drift
2. Get a Seraph Crimrose
3. Get a large size air with Stardust Cannon
4. Get an air in general.
5. Stay back and snipe using some kind of Art or something with large range.
6. Rush in with Byne (or something with a ton of TGH/HP) + Falcon Punch (Beetlander Head works too, basically something that hits HARD in a straight line).
7. Hopper status.
8. Lagger tele status - Jikun tackle, Zero Step
9. Use support unit and go for stuns - Winberrl/Bugsy
10. Use support unit and spam heals.

Anything else just ain't as efficient else they would be using it in CBJP.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 8:21 am

1.STRAP ON 2 SHEILDS
2.Find enemies.
3.SPAM THAT INTERNAL TACKLE
4.???
5. Die/watch them rage/ nothing.
6. rinse and repeat.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Nisa wrote:
1.STRAP ON 2 SHEILDS
2.Find enemies.
3.SPAM THAT INTERNAL TACKLE
4.???
5. Die/watch them rage/ nothing.
6. rinse and repeat.

If I use a Hu build with the 2 shields, I'll end up using W-Tackle and his Kick Rush as the main source of damage right? Opinions on a 1 shield, 1 ranged gun, and frequent use of Kick Rush build. I'm currently trying to level up my robos to at least Lvl 5 with Capacity cartridges.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 3:30 pm

NeWIZ wrote:

If I use a Hu build with the 2 shields, I'll end up using W-Tackle and his Kick Rush as the main source of damage right? Opinions on a 1 shield, 1 ranged gun, and frequent use of Kick Rush build. I'm currently trying to level up my robos to at least Lvl 5 with Capacity cartridges.
It's good.
Unless you don't like the play style, you are doing great as long as you stick with it.
Gun used should be either machine gun, magnum, or accelerated gun.
If you ever get a Custom Gun (not obtainable from shop, use it, generally accepted as one of the best guns available.)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:12 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Custom Gun (not obtainable from shop)
Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 2uztjz8

uhhhhhhhhh
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Maybe he meant the Custom Magnum?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 6:55 pm

Getab wrote:
Maybe he meant the Custom Magnum?
I'm assuming so, since Custom Gun is horrible.

Even then, I think Custom Mags are overrated. They're effective and well-balanced, but I think I prefer accelguns.
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:18 am

This build is why I nickname this bot Jikun noob, since only noobs with 0 skill use this robot, its even worse they can exploit and get away with it.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:23 am

Siveria wrote:
This build is why I nickname this bot Jikun noob, since only noobs with 0 skill use this robot, its even worse they can exploit and get away with it.
And this is why if you cannot stop/evade a noob Jikun, your not allowed to play ARTS yet...
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:26 am

Siveria wrote:

Jikun's actually require skill.

Tried using one and getting 3k dmg with 0 cost?
Back to top Go down
Siveria

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:27 am

StickyKeys wrote:
Siveria wrote:
And this is why if you cannot stop/evade a noob Jikun, your not allowed to play ARTS yet...

I can dodge em ok if he isin't lag hacking or whatever that lets them teleport around me in a 360 I bascally can't get out of no matter what I try.
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:30 am

Siveria wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:
Siveria wrote:

I can dodge em ok if he isin't lag hacking or whatever that lets them teleport around me in a 360 I bascally can't get out of no matter what I try.
It's the attack's effect and the servers lag so get used to it because it isn't a cheat and you'll be seeing a lot of it... Unless Tarantulic and Windberrel has something to say....
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 2:35 am

Siveria wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:
Siveria wrote:

it's not hacking
what they do is lag down their game so it causes them to move under a different time interval compared to the other players that are not lagging

you can do it too, just go torrent a vid or something while playing the game
Back to top Go down
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
mogimus

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 5:49 pm

Sorry to hijack the tread but I also have some questions about lagkuns.

1) How do you control the amount of lag so that you don't get OMGWTFBBQ zooka spamed by the entire art line? (Strangely from my experience it seems easier to dodge the zooka spam when not lagging)
2) By using 2 shields its almost impossible to take down/annoy/dissuade air from following you unless you have the slayer bit out. Should you retreat back to your art line or W-tackle your way to the opponents art line and suicide there?
3) Lastly, should I keep the jikun as a low level disruption bot or level him/her up to get boost run?

Thanks in advance for all replys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 6:20 pm

mogimus wrote:

1) How do you control the amount of lag so that you don't get OMGWTFBBQ zooka spamed by the entire art line? (Strangely from my experience it seems easier to dodge the zooka spam when not lagging)
2) By using 2 shields its almost impossible to take down/annoy/dissuade air from following you unless you have the slayer bit out. Should you retreat back to your art line or W-tackle your way to the opponents art line and suicide there?
3) Lastly, should I keep the jikun as a low level disruption bot or level him/her up to get boost run?

1. Download your torrents and the lag will come.
2. Good news for me, just let me pwn your Jikun
3. Nah, just let me pwn your Jikun.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 8:14 pm

BNOISE wrote:
Siveria wrote:
StickyKeys wrote:

it's not hacking
what they do is lag down their game so it causes them to move under a different time interval compared to the other players that are not lagging

you can do it too, just go torrent a vid or something while playing the game
You don't even need to download anything. Between CBEN's shitty servers and its odd position calculations during W-Tackle and Seraph Tackle, it'll be a miracle if you aren't jumping all over the place when spamming one of those two attacks.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:03 am

mogimus wrote:

2. I can W-tackle AIRs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 10:50 am

Are builds for Jikun Long (the rank up reward version, not the store one) any different? Do both Hu and Long have similar play styles? What differences do the two have (if any aside from stats)? Requesting opinions on the alternate versions (Jikun Hu Yi and Jikun Long Ku).
Back to top Go down
nakee
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nakee

Male Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:04 am

NeWIZ wrote:
Are builds for Jikun Long (the rank up reward version, not the store one) any different? Do both Hu and Long have similar play styles? What differences do the two have (if any aside from stats)? Requesting opinions on the alternate versions (Jikun Hu Yi and Jikun Long Ku).

jikun long teleports to the back of the enemy,
jikun hu teleports in front of the enemy.

based on what i see
not really sure cause i dont really use them >.>
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 11:15 am

nakee wrote:
NeWIZ wrote:

jikun long teleports to the back of the enemy,
jikun hu teleports in front of the enemy.

that
Back to top Go down
Raal
Raal

Male Posts : 96

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 6:33 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
Hello, I am a Cosmic Break newbie who started a few days ago. I'd like some advice on builds, recommended cartridges and other advice for Jikun Hu (the starter version, not the store one). As for parts I only use UC for the time being (but plan on getting Rt some time). In case anyone is interested, other robots currently in my garage include Destructor CN, Mach Knight, and Winberrl.

Jikun hu(i thiunk thats the guy) isn't bad, but i find i like his sister, jikun long better. she's naturally faster, with her default stats having more emphasis on movement, and the brothers being more on offence. they can both dominate if payed right, the long range kick can be used for escaping or getting clsoe to that evasive hopper or artillary.

EDIT: also i find one shield and a peacemaker / zooka is a good weapon choice, despite the low ammo amount.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Starter Jikun Hu Build
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next