Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Starter Jikun Hu Build

Go down 
+19
RoboFranky
mogimus
StickyKeys
Siveria
Getab
Nisa
Trill
Shaftronics
boytitan2
LordShade
BNOISE
rei_hunter
TommoPuppy
SkyPanic
xzpwnz
knyx
utok
Suguri
NeWIZ
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

Male Posts : 169

Starter Jikun Hu Build Empty
PostSubject: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Hello, I am a Cosmic Break newbie who started a few days ago. I'd like some advice on builds, recommended cartridges and other advice for Jikun Hu (the starter version, not the store one). As for parts I only use UC for the time being (but plan on getting Rt some time). In case anyone is interested, other robots currently in my garage include Destructor CN, Mach Knight, and Winberrl.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Use two shields, or a shield and a gun. With Jikun, you're probably best off with its default parts, though you can upgrade the arms to Dikaros AM if you want. I'd go for x5 capacity, blast guard, sword guard, and boost run for cartridges.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:17 pm

What suguri said..
1)Slap on two shields,
2)Start your torrents
3)Spam right click
4)???
5)Watch enemies fall
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm

utok wrote:
What suguri said..
1)Slap on two shields,
2)Start your torrents
3)Write a right click script
4)Start your right click script
5)???
6)Watch everybody rage
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Suguri wrote:
Use two shields, or a shield and a gun. With Jikun, you're probably best off with its default parts, though you can upgrade the arms to Dikaros AM if you want. I'd go for x5 capacity, blast guard, sword guard, and boost run for cartridges.

When I level up, should I go for the capacity cartridges first or the ability ones (blast guard, boost run, etc)? If I remember correctly, Jikun Hu has a Sniper Sight cartridge (or something like that) and was wondering would it be good for some semi-stealth/hit-and-run style gameplay or just ignore it completely. Opinions on the 3-Way Dagger (I think that was the weapon name) also requested.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:09 pm

NeWIZ wrote:

When I level up, should I go for the capacity cartridges first or the ability ones (blast guard, boost run, etc)?
Doesn't matter much, as long as you have enough capacity for the other carts and your shields to fit.

NeWIZ wrote:

If I remember correctly, Jikun Hu has a Sniper Sight cartridge (or something like that) and was wondering would it be good for some semi-stealth/hit-and-run style gameplay or just ignore it completely.
Ignore completely, melee attacks don't cause a (visible) lockon in the first place.

NeWIZ wrote:

Opinions on the 3-Way Dagger (I think that was the weapon name) also requested.
The only thing anyone uses 3-way Daggers for is fighting Haku. They do nice damage point-blank, but it's tough to pull that off in arena, and it's slow to boot. In addition, it doesn't combo with other melee weapons. I'd personally say "avoid at all costs."
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:21 pm

What are some recommended ranged weapons to use for Hu? If I understand correctly, capacity cartridges raise cost to allow more weapon choices for certain builds right? I really appreciate the responses and advice.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:23 pm

Get a mechled or king megalame from lotto cube with a handy bazooka, give kunkun handy bazooka if desired along with one shield so airs aren't invincible to you.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:25 pm

Make a new account and pick crimrose this time
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
What are some recommended ranged weapons to use for Hu? If I understand correctly, capacity cartridges raise cost to allow more weapon choices for certain builds right? I really appreciate the responses and advice.
Your most easily accessible option would probably be a Mini Bazooka (500 UC), as it gives you some anti-air weaponry. Other options include Blaster (for land-to-land or crowd control if you aren't going to melee; not actually sure if this is recommended on jikuns, but I've seen lands use them in JP), Raid Rifle (lotto cube), Handy Bazooka (comes with Mechled and King Megaton in lotto cubes), Cross Shooter (Garapon 3), Accelgun (UC in shop), and Custom Magnum (drops in all game modes; easiest to find in arcantus IMO).
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:30 pm

xzpwnz wrote:

this is the right choice lol!
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:34 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

this is the right choice lol!

Only starter with unlocked parts/slots/beam gun mod.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:34 pm

xzpwnz wrote:

For the time being, I have enough UC to purchase a store version of Crimrose or Lily Rain. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:36 pm

NeWIZ wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

For the time being, I have enough UC to purchase either a Crimrose or Lily Rain. Rolling Eyes

For the time being, you haven't gone far enough that starting fresh is going to be any kind of setback.
Back to top Go down
TommoPuppy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TommoPuppy

Male Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:48 pm

Pfft Crimrose.

Why start with one when there are thousands of variants that you're bound to run into sometime?
Back to top Go down
http://tommopuppy.deviantart.com
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:53 pm

knyx wrote:
NeWIZ wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:

For the time being, I have enough UC to purchase either a Crimrose or Lily Rain. Rolling Eyes

For the time being, you haven't gone far enough that starting fresh is going to be any kind of setback.

Give your Jikun a Bazooka. and probably Ace Braver AMs.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:13 pm

I saw that Stealth System is one of Jikun Hu's cartridges. I'd like to request some input on whether anyone uses it or just ignore it.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:27 pm

That Cart makes your Robot Invisible to Enemy Radar, Even if they're locking on to you, they wont see you in radar.

Except for Broad Radar Mechs.

It's only useful for sneaking around.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:17 am

TommoPuppy wrote:
Pfft Crimrose.

Why start with one when there are thousands of variants that you're bound to run into sometime?
Beam Gun Mod

plus varients are pretty useless, unless you use the one with the AM4 - slash blade
cuz most of the varient arms are for like air melee, if you try to fly in and melee some art up - it ain't that efficient
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 am

BNOISE wrote:
TommoPuppy wrote:
Pfft Crimrose.

Beam Gun Mod

plus varients are pretty useless, unless you use the one with the AM4 - slash blade
cuz most of the varient arms are for like air melee, if you try to fly in and melee some art up - it ain't that efficient

Crimrose doesn't have enough HP to air melee properly.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 2:21 am

LordShade wrote:

Crimrose doesn't have enough HP to air melee properly.
thus making the varient arms even more useless unless you using the slash blade cause it is like ouka's ranged slash
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 3:27 am

TommoPuppy wrote:
Pfft Crimrose.

QFT like ten crim roses from lop gara rotting in my garage even a seraph promo is rotting in my garage
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 10:37 am

boytitan2 wrote:
TommoPuppy wrote:
Pfft Crimrose.

QFT like ten crim roses from lop gara rotting in my garage even a seraph promo is rotting in my garage

BNOISE wrote:
TommoPuppy wrote:
Pfft Crimrose.

Beam Gun Mod

lul y catn i raed befour pstning

Anyway, I agree. Beam Gun Mod is a very decent weapon that can be equipped on all types and can be pretty effective against other LNDs for its cost, especially considering the fact it has no stat decreases.

Either way, Custom Magnum, Custom Gun, Mini Zooka, works pretty alright as well. Maybe the Military Gun if you want. I've faced an Accel Saber with a Blaster before and it was surprisingly effective and annoying, though the DPS isn't too fantastic and you need to get close.
Back to top Go down
NeWIZ
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NeWIZ

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

Thanks for the suggestions on possible ranged options for Hu. If I do go for the Boost Run cartridge, is it a good idea to combine it with Quick Boost (recharge gauge 30% faster)? Would combining Sniper Sight and Stealth System be a good idea for the overall build? I'm planning on getting 5 capacity cartridges to help with equipping some high cost weapons/parts. With level limit removers, what is the max level can Jikun Hu be leveled up to?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 7:00 pm

I don't have a Hu, but his melée oriented legs point morOre towards a melée build, where Sniper Sight would be a waste of cost IMO. That cost would be better spent on tuning.

The maximum level for all robots is 10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Starter Jikun Hu Build   Starter Jikun Hu Build Empty

Back to top Go down

Starter Jikun Hu Build
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next