Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield

Go down 
+3
tanjinyi
Prior
GabeCello
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GabeCello
GabeCello

Male Posts : 43

Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield Empty
PostSubject: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:41 am

Hey, I'm kinda new to CB and I have a few questions.
First, is the starter Jikun Long worth using? I have given mine the Short Boost cartridge, a Metal Slayer and a Rosario shield, am I doing anything wrong?
Second, what exactly does the Rosario shield do? How does it boost my maneuverability?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Prior
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Prior

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 am

Melee Jikun Long is very sub-par compared to all the other high tier melee cores.
Metal slayer sucks.

Don't know about Rosario.
Back to top Go down
tanjinyi
tanjinyi

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:00 am

Rosario shield: 45 cost, 75 hp, activates all guard upon activation. Obviously the shield won't work if it's deactivated (either by not activating it or getting it destroyed)

Metal slayer: get it off

Jikun: HD version is actually decent, but still stop using lagkuns and stop using shit melee okay
Back to top Go down
centralheating
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
centralheating

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 am

Well HD Long is decent for a beginner, but she really is just a starter bot that you use to get a feel for things, hence why they come with slots and a variety of carts.

Thing is the inability to swap out for more cost efficient parts with more relevant stats hinder your ability to actually achieve better stats and use better weapons.

Feel free to experiment a bit with her in lower ranks, but actually going far with her would take a bit of work with so-so results
Back to top Go down
Touma
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Touma

Female Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 6:41 am

Idk about the rosario shield, as i havent gotten one yet, but on my alt account my main bot is a regular jikun long, i have a shield equipped to her and a pierce gun, its pretty decent has gotten me 1st place in quite a few matches. like the others said try experimenting with other bots etc.. get a feel of it and get rid of that metal slayer.
Back to top Go down
GabeCello
GabeCello

Male Posts : 43

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 12:59 pm

Alright then, so should I get another weapon or just use her LG part to attack?
Back to top Go down
Touma
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Touma

Female Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 1:18 pm

I use her legs, others use her core, up to you with whichever you're most comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
tehprognoob
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
tehprognoob

Male Posts : 1712

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 3:24 pm

handy baz with your shield,short boost around in front of ppl and spam bazooka. nigs won't hit you for shit
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield EmptyTue Oct 23, 2012 12:33 am

Being the derp I am, I'll put a scythe on practically any melee I feel isn't good enough.

I'd dual bucklers or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield   Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield Empty

Back to top Go down

Question about starter Jikun Long and Rosario Shield
Page 1 of 1