Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hoppers.

Go down 
+37
Jello
B2Seeker
demyx4lyf
technomo12
falconbane
WildKaiser
MightyPeanut
Vallyel
Hyoka
Oyaji
Midona
necrio
DreamyCrowdy
haures
Shaftronics
FenixStryk
hozuki
shinigami
Hobobo
knyx
NumeroDoS
Renderless
Xynno
Raven
BNOISE
NovaZero
boytitan2
Fate
Desu
Nisa
reVelske
Suguri
LordShade
necrodrakath
TaeTae
SaberAlter
azz33
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Hobobo
Hobobo

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Suguri wrote:
SaberAlter wrote:
azz33 wrote:

Weekends have 200 players more, in weekdays have 300.

oh? then why are there 550 ppl online now? and this morning/afternoon around 400?

LordShade wrote:
amateus

solar explosion

that is all

and melee works as well
and shooting where they're going to land instead of at them in the air

I don't get why people don't do this, seriously.
I say the same for people who QQ about it being hard to hit flying bots.

But, some people alternate:
the amount of boost in the "hop"
the direction
or sometimes both, which makes it a lot weirder for me. (because my mind will get into the rhythm of the hops, and both of these somewhat throw it off"
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:29 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
azz33 wrote:

A free robot should not be able to defeat a cash robot with ease, and the only one that breaks that rule are hoppers.

My UC Shino takes down Sturbangers and Saggitary with ease, omgmaiShinoizOPtoo!

Define ease.

Ease as press 3 keys: space, direction and shoot. And of course, don't get hit and get in the top 10.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:37 pm

azz33 wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:
azz33 wrote:

A free robot should not be able to defeat a cash robot with ease, and the only one that breaks that rule are hoppers.

Define ease.

Ease as press 3 keys: space, direction and shoot. And of course, don't get hit and get in the top 10.
In that case my Lily rain is easier lol.
Just stand there with microzookas and press 2 buttons.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:41 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
name a mecha game with out hoppers beside mech warrior and mecha assult hopping is a legit strategy its been in armored core its been in virtual on

100% hoppers free > http://gundam.netmarble.net/

My Lily has float dash ,does it count as a hopper?
Don't know,but when it comes to melee hoppers (including my accel,which is a LND in case u don notice)kinda suck.

Here's something in almost every game in history : counters, strengths and weaknesses
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:12 am

azz33 wrote:
TaeTae wrote:
hoppers are overpowered against noobs

I have seen you in game, you use a hopper.

You do realise my entire commando most of the time right now has no hopper in it. Get your facts straight. Hoppers are not that strong right now.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:32 am

azz33 wrote:
NumeroDoS wrote:
azz33 wrote:

Define ease.

Ease as in dash in a crapload of ARTs, hold left-click to shoot down some ARTs and get back to your team in time to help out with that suicidal Jikun/Ouka/Hopper. That's probably just two buttons I did there.

And yes, I do get into top 10s, thanks to heaps of contribution and damage I did.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:39 am

TaeTae wrote:
azz33 wrote:
TaeTae wrote:
hoppers are overpowered against noobs

I have seen you in game, you use a hopper.

You do realise my entire commando most of the time right now has no hopper in it. Get your facts straight. Hoppers are not that strong right now.
thats cause you don't play in lvl 5 rooms anymore
lvl 5 - hoppers are gods

but that's just how things are these days
you go to lvl 5 rooms - you got hoppers raping noobs who can't aim cause the noobs all run around with arts and jikuns that just don't work against hoppers
and the ones using air don't play it properly and use beam rapier + crim + beam gun cause they keep thinking the base mod is good enough...
or just pure base izuna and spam their purple leg lazers till they run out cause they don't know how to do anything else...
hoppers can just dodge those things easy and even if it hits it does like what? 30 damage?
lvl 5 hoppers have like what? 300 hp? so they are like ok it's all good to get hit like once while i shoot you down with my zooka and make you get stunned automatically and then just spam zooka for like 50 damage each cause you got bad tgh

you go to lvl 6+ rooms - you got basically everyone constantly getting basically like 1000+ pts per battle cause they are just that good

notice how this game isn't very newb friendly?

Last edited by BNOISE on Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
hozuki
Newcomer
Newcomer
hozuki

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 12:50 am

hopper are strong but not that over powered . there is lot of way to beat a hopper and finding the way keeping me playing.
seriously guys stop complaining . its not that hard compared beating a skilled ouka player with a cannon baller . wich i did with the help of my trusty team mate.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am

boytitan2 wrote:
name a mecha game with out hoppers beside mech warrior and mecha assult hopping is a legit strategy its been in armored core its been in virtual on
Actually, hopping is in both MechWarrior and MechAssault. In MechWarrior 4 specifically, an entire bot style (jump snipers) revolves entirely behind hopping behind a hill and taking pot shots with a third-person camera, then hiding again while your weapons reload.

I'm not sure how that's relevant to the topic, but I wanted to tell you.

As for hoppers: they are the only moderately competitive UC build compared to Rt bots like Shaden, Frau, Ivis and EVE. If you think they have the edge, you are beyond daft.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:16 am

FenixStryk wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
Actually, hopping is in both MechWarrior and MechAssault. In MechWarrior 4 specifically, an entire bot style (jump snipers) revolves entirely behind hopping behind a hill and taking pot shots with a third-person camera, then hiding again while your weapons reload.

As for hoppers: they are the only moderately competitive UC build compared to Rt bots like Shaden, Frau, Ivis and EVE. If you think they have the edge, you are beyond daft.

Damn you poptarts.

And yes, thats the little thing we call people who do nothing but jump, shoot, and hide behind their little hill/buildings. Of course, proper Jump snipers actually know how to pick real estate and move when they're found. But some just stay there like a yummy target.

Anyway, Mechwarrior 4 Nostalgia aside...

I seriously find Laggy Jikuns way more annoying than Hoppers.

You can take down a hopper with 4 noob ARTs full bursting.

You can't take down a laggy Jikun in epoch with 10.

GG.

Still, the least you can do if you encounter a hopper in a 1 vs 1 situation is to just run. Don't present yourself as an opportunity for points. Its kind of cowardly, but who cares. Its a team game. See a hopper ruining your teammate's day? Rush in to his side while he's hopping and look! Clear shot at him~

Just gotta stop thinking about ME VS HOPPER OMG I LOSE. Think about yer teammates. Give and take a bit.

Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 2:26 am

hoppers are half decent. not all players can play hoppers as the ones who went on beta test but they are not hard to kill. yeah they are annoying but they are not to be considered threat to the game. I don't quite get your logic. remove hoppers = save the game from collapsing? I don't think so. it's just the game lacks events and features to take interest. Don't blame the hoppers. It doesn't always mean that cash bots owned uc bots and vice versa. It's all on how you play that bot.
Back to top Go down
DreamyCrowdy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
DreamyCrowdy

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:16 am

azz33 wrote:
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:

Thats the reason you don't need to buy money for be in the top 10.

Balance is needed for a F2P game to be somewhat fair to players who don't buy RT

-Free izuna.
-Free shino.
-Free lily rain.
-Free tesladonna.
-Free lazflamme.

Theres no need of hoppers that can defeat ouka or other good rt units.
what? he's saying the game needs balance, why are you listing some MOE bots?

Quote :
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
I have seen better games go from beta to full version with a "boom" and close 3 months later. It has passed one month since cosmicbreak full version appeared.
What does this have to do with it?

Isn't it obvious?.

Great games can close early thanks to bad decitions.
ok, never seen those games, but a'ight.....

Quote :
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
Community passed from 1000 to 700 to 300 (the actual amount of players now).
Welcome to the internet,
Where everyone lives in different timezones.

Cosmicbreak community can't reach more than 1000 players now and in the first days of full version it was at 1500.
wtf? you said it was 1000, nao it's 1500, next it's gonna be OVAH 9000!?

Quote :
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
I blame free builds that are overpowered that make people realize they don't need to spend money for be on the top and make quit people that are bored of matches full of these.
They don't quit,
They get kicked out because they suck.
You must get kicked out of matching fairly easy if this is going to be half your arguement.

You are probably be a hopper that doesn't care about the game.

How can you be so sure players don't quit?.

Thats what hoppers players do, ignore the problems of the game so they can keep using their overpowered builds to get to the first place.
how can you be so sure players do quit?
that's what QQers do, ignore logic so they can keep QQing to get the QQ moar

Quote :
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
You don't even need skill, just jump around enemy.
Nope.
You NEED skill to hop.
Otherwise you're just adding to the overall loss of CP on your side.

Press space and choose a direction, thats skill?.
uh... I thought it's double tab.
anyway if it's so great, why don't you... at least try it?

Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
An skilled free robot should be able to defeat a cash user.
You brought your point,
They need to be skilled to kill a regular player,
What now?

azz33 wrote:
A cash user should be able to defeat a free robot with ease.
If you keep on repeating yourself I will too.
Balance.

Quote :
azz33 wrote:
A free robot should not be able to defeat a cash user with ease.
Balance.

That may work in fantasy, but in real life where money matters, balance is not important.

that doesn't only work in fantasy, seen games like that already. balance is important, without it, people will quit. yes, I'm serious. except the ones who already love this game or cashed, peeps will leave.

Quote :
Desu wrote:
azz33 wrote:
The only players that defend hoppers are the ones that use them and don't care if the game closes.
I barely use my hoppers,
Not really that fun.
I killed your argument,
Now what?
Cry some more,
Buy RT,
Stop using slow L sized bots,
And learn how to play.
Then see if you can try coming at me one on one,
Bro.

I knew it, you are a hopper user.

What argument?. I never said hoppers were fun, just overpowered.

"Learn how to play", you haven't seen me play.
he said he barely even use it, stop making things up.

Quote :
So far 2 hoppers commented and both said "lol my overpowered robot is fine", what a coincidence.
lol my crim has boobs
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:18 am

best hopper counter is jikun spam

best jikun counter is air spam lol

no really in a clan stacked game against another clan who used nthn but hoppers and killing da dos pubs we said f it got jikun ouka and melee bots and raped da hoppers
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:31 am

boytitan2 wrote:
best hopper counter is jikun spam

best jikun counter is air spam lol

no really in a clan stacked game against another clan who used nthn but hoppers and killing da dos pubs we said f it got jikun ouka and melee bots and raped da hoppers
and then came the jikun carrying some armor breakers
hiding behind all of those lagkuns sniping down your AIRs
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 5:34 am

FenixStryk wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

I see I didnt have xbox live at my house of da time of mecha assult and didnt have a good computer durin da mech warrior days brb .....I go cry Now......

actualy scratch dat hopping is a part of shooting games were u have alot of hp, some one never seen quake or any fps on a pc or halo bitching about hoppers in a game is like bitching about campers

ITS PART OF GAMING BRO deal with it

Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 6:46 am

LordShade wrote:
amateus

solar explosion

that is all

Trololol. Amateus is my fav bot but I'll never be enough stupid to use solar boom against a hopper. Unless you're lucky (the solar burst stop moving at the moment the hopper is landing, around 1/10 of the time), it won't hit (or I'm unlucky). Also launching it make you unable to do anything for 1 sec, enough to take 2 zookas hit in da face.

But I'm totally agreeing hoppers will be the game breaker. And I'm afraid devs are totally blind about that fact. Personally, I'm often raging about the fact that I did a mighty bot able to kill everyone in 1vs1.... excepted hoppers.

So Yes hoppers are counterable. Yes, but with what ? Basically, without any kind of rifle, pistols or close combat. The best weapon against them is without a doubt twin blaster (due to the pattern and the beam statement). But who want to waste 160 cost to kill something which cost barely the double.

Another problem is the cartridge for low hp bot. I mean, on RT bot you spend 15-25 cost per cartridge to win around 7-15 hp. On a frog lander, you spended 25 cost to win... hell 28 hp ?! Tankolander ?!

Shoort boost is killing this game. I totally agree on this.
Back to top Go down
Oyaji
Oyaji

Male Posts : 42

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:05 am

azz33 wrote:
Hoppers.

Thats the reason this game is going to fail.
Thats the reason you don't need to buy money for be in the top 10.
Thats the reason community is decreasing.

They are not the only reason, but they are part of it.

I have seen better games go from beta to full version with a "boom" and close 3 months later. It has passed one month since cosmicbreak full version appeared.

Community passed from 1000 to 700 to 300 (the actual amount of players now).

I blame free builds that are overpowered that make people realize they don't need to spend money for be on the top and make quit people that are bored of matches full of these. You don't even need skill, just jump around enemy.

Cyberstep need to realize they are not the only MMO company in the world and that can't allow free builds to be overpowered and make players that may actually spend money and support the game quit. I don't understand whats the logic in let a robot that cost 60$ be defeated by a free 800 game cost robot, apart of make the game fail faster.

An skilled free robot should be able to defeat a cash user.
A cash user should be able to defeat a free robot with ease.
A free robot should not be able to defeat a cash user with ease.

The only players that defend hoppers are the ones that use them and don't care if the game closes.

For me, this post is like a butthurt rant after being bullied by noob hoppers in the arena.

ffs, a chasing Helingal's Rotor Tackle is more than enough to knock them cold, a well timed Jikun Tackle combo is more than deadly for hoppers.
High flying AIRs can hover above them and gun them down easily, ARTs and high mobility LNDs can hop on the same direction and stun-shoot them.

The community is not decreasing because of hoppers. I have not even heard of pathetic QQing noobs quitting because of hoppers.
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:11 am

I actually find Hellingals more annoying than hoppers,lol
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:14 am

Two words for this entire thread:

Izuna Wisps.

I'm serious. They can stop all your hoppers short and yet I don't see people using them.
Back to top Go down

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:30 am

boytitan2 wrote:
actualy scratch dat hopping is a part of shooting games were u have alot of hp, some one never seen quake or any fps on a pc or halo bitching about hoppers in a game is like bitching about campers

ITS PART OF GAMING BRO deal with it

Just like how just about everyone in Battlefield 2 would go prone as soon as they saw someone.
QQ
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:35 am

Vallyel wrote:

Hoppers. - Page 2 20icb61

quoting myself for the truth
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:51 am

Hoppers. - Page 2 2j428w3

FIXED.

We all know CB has its problem (what MMO doesn't?), but endlessly bitching about minor balancing issues and blowing it way out of proportion isn't how you go about making the game better and more enjoyable for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

reVelske wrote:

FIXED.

We all know CB has its problem (what MMO doesn't?), but endlessly bitching about minor balancing issues and blowing it way out of proportion isn't how you solve it.

yeah , being quiet about it is the way to solve it

are you from brd or something like that?
Back to top Go down
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 9:54 am

More players would play if cyberstep decided to eliminate hoppers.

Vallyel wrote:
Vallyel wrote:

Hoppers. - Page 2 20icb61

I wonder why this topic got so many replies in few time.

I don't know why the hell complain about hoppers = noob. Seriously, you haven't seen me play so stop making assumptions. Most of robots are very easy to defeat.

Hoppers are potentially better than ivis, that is broken. At least ivis needs to get close to their target giving them a chance of make damage but a hopper...just have to jump around shooting and done, you automatically get in the top ten most of the times without a single ko.

People can say all they want "my overpowered hopper is not broken" but the fact is that hoppers always get to the top.

Where is the "balance" in a free robot that can go against 5 (some expensive rt) and easily destroy around 3 of them before be defeated...only for 800-900 cost?.

At least ivis is cash and rare, any freeloader can make a hopper without spend a cent and get similar or better results.

Vallyel wrote:
reVelske wrote:

FIXED.

We all know CB has its problem (what MMO doesn't?), but endlessly bitching about minor balancing issues and blowing it way out of proportion isn't how you solve it.

yeah , being quiet about it is the way to solve it

are you from brd or something like that?

He is probably some freeloader that doesn't want to stop using his overpowered hopper and don't care if rt users quit.

In a communist world everyone gets the choice to be happy without care about money, in a capitalist and real world, money > "fairness" or "equality". That applies to MMOs and real life.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 10:03 am

azz33 wrote:
More players would play if cyberstep decided to eliminate hoppers.

Have you even been reading what people have said? It looks to me like you're far to convinced by your own misconception that you will never be able to see reasons.

azz33 wrote:

I wonder why this topic got so many replies in few time.

Because your accusations are so unbelievably ridiculous.

azz33 wrote:
Hoppers are potentially better than ivis

If you wanna talk about potentials... a Cannonballer is potentially better than a Toybox, a Koko is potentially better than a Medi Aide, a Mach Knight is potentially better than a Seraph (shhh), your point?

azz33 wrote:

People can say all they want "my overpowered hopper is not broken" but the fact is that hoppers always get to the top.

Have you honestly not seen any terrible hopper? People who never even make it to top 10?

azz33 wrote:

Where is the "balance" in a free robot that can go against 5 (some expensive rt) and easily destroy around 3 of them before be defeated...only for 800-900 cost?.

That's only because those 3 defeated guys are terrible, and something tells me you are one of those 3.

Last edited by reVelske on Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hoppers.   Hoppers. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Hoppers.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next