Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Vulcan Hoppers.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 9:49 am

Sup dawg.
I need some help with vulcan hoppers.
Im not sure if they're really good compared to Zooka hoppers.
So.
Opinions?
(inb4lolgtfohopperfag.)
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:09 am

@Broken wrote:
Sup dawg.
I need some help with vulcan hoppers.
Im not sure if they're really good compared to Zooka hoppers.
So.
Opinions?
(inb4lolgtfohopperfag.)

As someone who fights against hoppers often, Vulcan Hoppers are simply food. They can't retaliate unless you land or fly too low, which would be your fault.

A Bazooka hopper is much harder to approach, and the punishment for doing it wrong is a 40-60 damage blast in the face in a single shot, while getting clipped by a 20-damage vulcan for barely trolling at the end of his range, still isn't as bad.

Basically, you're trading more DPS against other LNDs and especially ARTs, but at the cost of needing to get much closer, and having a limited target selection. Bazooka hoppers on the other hand, are not totally defenceless against AIRs, can attack at range, are much easier to fight as in mid-range, and heck, what's NOT fun about shooting both zookas at the same time at the height of your short boost without moving burst?

For the sake of flexibility, I wouldn't use a Vulcan Hopper myself.
Back to top Go down

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:35 am

Vulcan hopper really need to get close to their target to be able to do anything at all. While chasing your target, you will eat bullets. Contrary to zooks where you can keep safe distance.
It's quite good if you have quick land and quite adept at hop-chasing your target, but it needs practice. It has more damage potential than zooks if you manage to get in range, but not exactly good at crowds.
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 10:48 am

Okay thanks for the input!
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:10 am

For my Vulcan users, I use Sway (...yes, on L size LNDS >.>)
Back to top Go down
Shaftronics
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Shaftronics

Male Posts : 649

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:20 am

@ziix wrote:

Hoppers are easier to follow on-screen. Suddenly swaying in another direction though, and especially the fact Sway also brings you closer, skilled usage can make it look like a "flash step" of sorts to your target.

I know Mackarels, a Shino 8 -Vulcan user, uses Sway as well.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 11:24 am

@Shaftronics wrote:
@ziix wrote:

Hoppers are easier to follow on-screen. Suddenly swaying in another direction though, and especially the fact Sway also brings you closer, skilled usage can make it look like a "flash step" of sorts to your target.

I know Mackarels, a Shino 8 -Vulcan user, uses Sway as well.

I use Sway cuz it's like a spammable dash, and it can make you go in a direction while facing another direction during the sway.

Also, it's a lot rarer than hoppers. (yay individuality)
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. EmptyWed Apr 06, 2011 3:56 pm

Pretty sure I've never gotten lower than 5th with my Lancerlot vulcan hopper. He also got me my first score over 10,000 (14,700something) that wasn't from epoch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vulcan Hoppers. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vulcan Hoppers.   Vulcan Hoppers. Empty

Back to top Go down

Vulcan Hoppers.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Cosmic Break :: Archives :: Cosmic Break :: Tech Support-
Jump to:  

Copyright©2007-2014 CyberStep, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Theme by, Sean

Create a forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com