Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alpha fags and Hoppers

Go down 
+12
Nisa
xzpwnz
boytitan2
Getab
ziix
Hellenisti
Turkeysaur
CapeMike
BNOISE
Intet
Hyoka
Suguri
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Alpha fags and Hoppers Empty
PostSubject: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:12 am

There used to be loads of hoppers, and then came along the idea of Alpha Striking.
Then there was a huge increase of Alpha fags, hoppers had no hope and became obsolete.
So then what happened? You find that people combined the best of two worlds to get Alpha Hopper Fags.
The most common type is Amateus (To Muchi or not to Muchi) with Ace Braver LG, Mach Knight HD, (Something) Bazookas on both arms, and Greinaut AM.

Good thing is, that most of these guys are ARTs, take them down with a sword or two. But the crap thing about them is that its hard to get through their projectile shitstorm. Even if by chance you got near them, and you miss, you'll either live to tell the tale with near zero HP, or just die an unhonourable death. Not to mention, Flying around with guns don't work either (unless the Alpha Hopper Fag is on Low HP, a rare case).

So guys, How do you deal with Alpha Hopper Fags?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:16 am

>implying people didn't alpha while hopping before alpha airs
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:35 am

Your range number must be greater than alphafag range number.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:37 am

Same way I dealt with hoppers...homing/accurate weapons. Or you can just aim at the landing spot. Amataus is funny cause he counters himself, you can kill a hopper with one by sticking to max range to keep most of the weapons from being useful, and duke it out with the core. The thing about most of these builds is that they rely on people just getting pissed and going straight for the face, thus letting the hopper/alpha full burst for massive damage. If you can constantly flank them and not get kited they tend to be free kills.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:38 am

Izuna Wisps, rifles, railguns. Anything with some nice range.
Just aim better or just keep spamming those wisps which are exceedingly accurate unless you have a wall in front of you or them.

Oh and setting them on fire always works.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:05 am

...or a long-range ECM missle to the face...the weapon's wide burst-explosion provides a great chance to screw their homing if you can time their landing....

...course, that may also be why I tend to draw attention like flies on rotten natto.... <_<;
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:07 am

Ignore them, because...you know, they're fags.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:21 am

Turkeysaur wrote:
Ignore them, because...you know, they're fags.

This.

Never go 1-on-1 with a hopper unless you're one of the hard-hitting, good range melee types.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:30 am

Gaybird arms or SDC above their heads. (I do this o3o)

Or just lure them into your ally's line of fire.
Back to top Go down
Getab
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Getab

Female Posts : 197

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 3:31 am

I just ran from them or dragged them towards all my allies.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:13 am

idk only air im good with use bluitzelts booster and abuse infa fly like fags and serions hd for massie dmg Im sucha fag Sad Sad cb made me do it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 6:56 am

Getab wrote:
I just ran from them or dragged them towards all my allies.
Then I end up getting somewhere between 50 to 85 damage.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:02 am

Just get as high above its head as possible and shoot. You won't kill it in one go though, unless you have propeller bits.

You can also sneak behind it with a slayer bit while you shoot. You'll probably die if you don't kill it fast enough, though.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:04 am

Alpha hopper fags?
Free frags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:05 am

ziix wrote:
Just get as high above its head as possible and shoot. You won't kill it in one go though, unless you have propeller bits.

You can also sneak behind it with a slayer bit while you shoot. You'll probably die if you don't kill it fast enough, though.
I'm horrible with aiming. D:
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:07 am

LXE wrote:

You can practice o3o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:09 am

ziix wrote:
LXE wrote:

You can practice o3o
How? scratch
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:15 am

LXE wrote:
ziix wrote:
LXE wrote:

You can practice o3o
How? scratch

Friends and team matches. Make them play SERIOUS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:37 am

ziix wrote:
LXE wrote:
ziix wrote:

You can practice o3o
How? scratch

Friends and team matches. Make them play SERIOUS.
Getting owned doesn't give me any valuable experience. D:
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 7:42 am

Ram a Zweihander up their ass.

Works all the time.
Back to top Go down
B2Seeker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
B2Seeker

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 9:31 am

Hop or Boost run.
If I'm dead smack in the middle of being shot, I just pray I can land a shot in before I get killed.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:27 am

Nisa wrote:
Ram a R2H up their ass.

Works all the time.
Back to top Go down
Priskern
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Priskern

Male Posts : 1142

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:46 am

Amateus hopper normally does blast damage so it works wonder to use something with blast guard against them. That and any melee lnd with boost run in + - yellow zone speed and some shielding (viper,k shield, byne etc) is a major threat to them. Try not to use air against them :s even when you can dodge their burst salvo, you still have the threat of solar buster.

That and said, long range hitter with sniper sight can wear it down too,(saggi 3 works wonder with it's wide aoe splash), either that if your team has a melfi, get her to arrow rain it :/.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:47 am

CapeMike wrote:
...or a long-range ECM missle to the face...the weapon's wide burst-explosion provides a great chance to screw their homing if you can time their landing....

...course, that may also be why I tend to draw attention like flies on rotten natto.... <_<;

Maybe because you just look like a fat art

(and play like one)
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers EmptySun May 29, 2011 2:44 pm

Hyoka wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Maybe because you just look like a fat art

(and play like one)

That guy just likes to play large manly bots.

Just think of him going the Boy Titan when he didn't get a vanguard fencer or a hatigarm machine and decide to just spam melee Route lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alpha fags and Hoppers   Alpha fags and Hoppers Empty

Back to top Go down

Alpha fags and Hoppers
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next