Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...

Go down 
+5
Raven
Asagi-san
Yokura
Suguri
JupiterJazz5th
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JupiterJazz5th
JupiterJazz5th

I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... Empty
PostSubject: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:55 pm

So what weapons are suitable for hoppers? People usually recommend large bazookas but the thing is that there ain't that much bazooka variety and most of my hoppers are LND so I can only use the shop bazookas.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:06 am

Handy Bazooka
Bazooka
Custom Magnum
Combat Magnum
Motorized Gun
Boost Gun
LL Bulk Magnum
LL Bulk Accel
Raid Rifle
Assault Rifle
Piercegun
Ballista Shooter/Mod
Eight Vulcan

A few things that come to mind, for LND specifically.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:09 am

Combat Mag Mod
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:10 am

Hueg gat.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:55 am

Handy Bazookas are one of the best zooks out, and it's UC for 3s. You'll just need to hope that the UC gara will give you some, but take your time. I don't think that gara is going away for a while.

Recent RT weapons that have shown up in the garas that seem good for hoppers are the Combat Mag Mod and the Pierce Gun Mod. There may be other ones, but I can't remember 'em. Just know that the "Mod" weapons usually forsake some ammo and other stats for more force.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 2:19 am

^super UC goes away next week mang.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:50 am

Raven wrote:

Unless we win that GM battle again. Then it's still on there for the next month.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:00 am

Asagi-san wrote:
Raven wrote:

Unless we win that GM battle again. Then it's still on there for the next month.

Quote :
If all 11 GMs are defeated, the Super UC Garapon will be extended indefinitely, the Star Coin Shop purchase limits will be reset, and we will hold a special Chibi Collection Campaign sale next weekend to allow players to purchase chibis that they missed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:02 am

Suguri wrote:
Quote :
If all 11 GMs are defeated, the Super UC Garapon will be extended indefinitely, the Star Coin Shop purchase limits will be reset, and we will hold a special Chibi Collection Campaign sale next weekend to allow players to purchase chibis that they missed!
Quote :
special Chibi Collection Campaign sale next weekend to allow players to purchase chibis that they missed!
Quote :
chibis that they missed!
...I'm okay with this.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 4:06 am

Suguri wrote:

It says "indefinitely".

I better not be seeing that gara for a year or something. C'mon, there's nothing new in it, CyberStep.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 6:20 am

piercegun mod is saddening if you plan on living for awhile. Good on lowcost suicide builds, but if you are running high mobility and/or multiple shields(like I do) it's better to go with the original one(still available in DX gara.)
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:04 am

Winty wrote:
piercegun mod is saddening if you plan on living for awhile. Good on lowcost suicide builds, but if you are running high mobility and/or multiple shields(like I do) it's better to go with the original one(still available in DX gara.)
In which case, why would you have a suiciding gunner using this gun? If you ask me, if you want to suicide, it's best done with a Muuchi or a Handy Bazooka hopper.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 12:28 pm

piercegun is a lot better than a handy zook. hitting multiple targets is devastating to healing groups, artillery lines, and other things. Unlike bazookas the shots will not get caught on your own slayer bits. You don't have to worry about allies getting in the way since your shots go through them as well. I'd take a 700 cost piercegun hopper over a 600 cost handy zook hopper any day.

edit: to expand:
the strength of the handy zook is the splash damage and bonus damage to airs, plus the easy tunability. Many things run blast guard which cuts down on the damage a bit(20% damage reduction) compared to the 10% damage reduction if some moron actually picks shell guard. For suicide builds I would hardly bother tuning when the piercegun mod does large amounts of damage already

also, a hopper weapon which hasn't been mentioned(probably due to it being rather hard to come by): domiclown AM3 is still quite good if you want to be really lazy while you hop around.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 1:35 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
In which case, why would you have a suiciding gunner using this gun? If you ask me, if you want to suicide, it's best done with a Muuchi or a Handy Bazooka hopper.

Pierce Gun Mod has 2 more force than its predecessor, but it forsakes 80 ammo from the previous 260 clip. You're only left with so much ammo with a gun that has 180 shots and has a rapid fire rate (I sometimes even run out of ammo on the original Pierce Gun). And if you're affected by Hyper Shot, your ammo count will go down like nothing. That's usually the reason why the "Mod" series of weapons are used on suicide-gunners, since they have reduced ammo in favor for more force. You'll run out of ammo more easily, but you can put the hurt on people much quicker, provided you make your shots.

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:46 pm

Winty wrote:
piercegun is a lot better than a handy zook. hitting multiple targets is devastating to healing groups, artillery lines, and other things. Unlike bazookas the shots will not get caught on your own slayer bits. You don't have to worry about allies getting in the way since your shots go through them as well. I'd take a 700 cost piercegun hopper over a 600 cost handy zook hopper any day.
How about a quad piercegun hopper?:
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:53 pm

Asagi-san wrote:
That's usually the reason why the "Mod" series of weapons are used on suicide-gunners, since they have reduced ammo in favor for more force.
Tell that to Tryrant.

The mod series is fine on your standard gunner. There's such a thing called shell supply, you know. And if you don't have one, look for a bot called "Nature's Ninja." I can almost guarantee you he will have some.

Personally, I'd take the more force any day of the week for the reason that Shell Supply does exist in this game, and they're not particularly hard to come by. But then again, that might just be me, because I usually only run out of ammo on ANY weapon once every like 500 games.
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Raven wrote:
But then again, that might just be me, because I usually only run out of ammo on ANY weapon once every like 500 games.
Please teach this to the guy (me) who backdoor hop-zooks the enemy team and runs out of ammo before he even gets past half his HP.

And yeah, I'd recommend Handy Zook for UC setups. If you can compensate for the stat reduction, you can even go for the normal Bazooka since it's stronger (and it becomes even better if happen to miraculously have a slotted one). I have yet to test/tune my Piercegun Mod, so yeah. It'll probably be on my non-Kshielding Accel Saber.
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Seele00 wrote:
I have yet to test/tune my Piercegun Mod, so yeah. It'll probably be on my non-Kshielding Accel Saber.
Be ready to run out of ammo even though you're being careful with your shots. I had to tune mine with Great Supply and I plan on tuning in one more Great Supply in so I could have 234 ammo.
Back to top Go down
Seele00
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Seele00

Male Posts : 250
Location : University of the Philippines, Diliman, Quezon City, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Seele00 wrote:
I have yet to test/tune my Piercegun Mod, so yeah. It'll probably be on my non-Kshielding Accel Saber.
Be ready to run out of ammo even though you're being careful with your shots. I had to tune mine with Great Supply and I plan on tuning in one more Great Supply in so I could have 234 ammo.
I plan to tune mine with Great Rapid Beta and compensate with High Air Force. I may consider tuning for Supply instead, but I first need to see how fast the shots are before I start any tuning. If I'm comfortable with its current speed already, then I'll go Supply.

EDIT: I guess I'm pretty used to Handy Zook ammo already. I think I'd go with my original setup.
Back to top Go down
http://mixmatched.wordpress.com/
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 11:58 pm

Seele00 wrote:
I plan to tune mine with Great Rapid Beta and compensate with High Air Force. I may consider tuning for Supply instead, but I first need to see how fast the shots are before I start any tuning. If I'm comfortable with its current speed already, then I'll go Supply.

EDIT: I guess I'm pretty used to Handy Zook ammo already. I think I'd go with my original setup.
It has 340 Speed so I don't think it needs to be any faster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...   I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray... Empty

Back to top Go down

I give props to hopping so hoppers hooray...
Page 1 of 1