Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warframe General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage

Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 2:24 pm

Ah yes! I just got my 4th Prime now, Oberon Prime!

Though I was wondering, should I keep my old Oberon then, or get rid of it? I mean Oberon Prime is basically the same except better, but it took me a while to get all the parts for regular Oberon, and I don't want to get rid of it if I might actually need it in the future.

Oh and another thing. I heard there's this ability in the game where you actually leave your suit. How do you do that, I didn't know that was a thing.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 2:36 pm

hmm I haven't touch this game in like forever... WHAT I MISS!!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Sakura1 wrote:

Armored Entity wrote:

Though I was wondering, should I keep my old Oberon then, or get rid of it? I mean Oberon Prime is basically the same except better, but it took me a while to get all the parts for regular Oberon, and I don't want to get rid of it if I might actually need it in the future.

Oh and another thing. I heard there's this ability in the game where you actually leave your suit. How do you do that, I didn't know that was a thing.

You missed that Galaxina is MR10 and still doesn't have the Second Dream complete.

Dude, play the quests, not going to say anymore, finish the Second Dream (need to complete Natah before) and then The War Within.

Ever since PoE most updates have been QOL changes and fixes, lots of weapon and frame buffs but not much in terms of new content besides primes and skins. Khora might be coming out soon but eh, might as well take a few more months since she's been delayed since last year anyway.

Once you get the prime usually there's no reason to keep the original as they aren't needed for anything. If you need the slot and you never really put much effort into the frame (forma/reactor) you can just sell the non prime and use the prime instead. I keep mine because, well, I just have enough plat to throw at the market for slots anyway and I like to hoard stuff.

Plague Star might come again soon so there will be another chance to get the Infested Zaw parts (which are really good) and Exodia Epidemic/Contagion arcanes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 6:38 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Sakura1 wrote:

Armored Entity wrote:

You missed that Galaxina is MR10 and still doesn't have the Second Dream complete.

Dude, play the quests, not going to say anymore, finish the Second Dream (need to complete Natah before) and then The War Within.

Ever since PoE most updates have been QOL changes and fixes, lots of weapon and frame buffs but not much in terms of new content besides primes and skins. Khora might be coming out soon but eh, might as well take a few more months since she's been delayed since last year anyway.

Once you get the prime usually there's no reason to keep the original as they aren't needed for anything. If you need the slot and you never really put much effort into the frame (forma/reactor) you can just sell the non prime and use the prime instead. I keep mine because, well, I just have enough plat to throw at the market for slots anyway and I like to hoard stuff.

Plague Star might come again soon so there will be another chance to get the Infested Zaw parts (which are really good) and Exodia Epidemic/Contagion arcanes.

Okay, I just didn't want to sell it if there was something it could be used for that I was not aware of, like, say how Chroma uses parts from other Warframes in its construction. If there isn't, gonna sell the old one then.

I am sorta scared on using a Forma, since it resets it back to Level 0, and I don't wanna go through all that all over again just to get a slot that gives half cost on specific polarities. I have used Reactors on some of mine though, but Oberon not yet.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 04, 2018 7:07 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Sakura1 wrote:

Armored Entity wrote:

Okay, I just didn't want to sell it if there was something it could be used for that I was not aware of, like, say how Chroma uses parts from other Warframes in its construction. If there isn't, gonna sell the old one then.

I am sorta scared on using a Forma, since it resets it back to Level 0, and I don't wanna go through all that all over again just to get a slot that gives half cost on specific polarities. I have used Reactors on some of mine though, but Oberon not yet.

There's currently no use for frames besides, well, using them, so you are free to sell non primes (well, at least once you get the prime). Cases like Chroma use the part itself but not the frame, only weapons require fully built weapons instead of parts of other weapons.

If you get a non prime frame when you already have the prime then you can just craft it, max rank it and then sell it, but watch out, if you like collecting stuff some frames can only be obtained once and if you want them again you will need to buy them in the market (usually it's frames from quests or that the BP comes from a quest).

You will eventually start using forma, but learning to be smart about it is the way to go rather than throwing random polarities only to make things worse. Weapons aren't much of an issue since you have 2 other weapons to compensate, Frames are more of a pain early on. If you keep unlocking nodes and planets levelling will be trivial (although time consuming if you level a lot of things) when you get to Hydron in Sedna.

Carrying weapons you don't need helps with levelling stuff as well, since kills from team mates will distribute XP through your gear, so less gear means the XP will be focused on the things you want to level. Like if you are levelling up a primary and you have no melee to level up and aren't using that you can drop the melee and use the Secondary to compensate and kill things with if the primary can't do so.

A kill from a team mate gives you 25% to your frame and 75% divided per weapon equipped (including max ranked), so with a full loadout (3 weapons) that's 25% XP per weapon, but with just 2 weapons that's 37.5% per weapon, a single weapon is 75% obviously but carrying a weapon that isn't maxed and fully modded will decrease your viability a lot so you need to watch out not to leech and be useless (it's okay to leech a bit when someone is killing everything in a levelling spot but you need to be ready to defend the objective in case they can't).
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 08, 2018 5:18 pm

o-o...why are you afraid of forma.... leveling up a weapon isn't even hard :V a warframe without any killing abilities is on the other hand.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 11, 2018 4:47 pm

Khora might come out next week, hinted on today's patch notes and the devstream thread says it's the last devstream she lives on the dev build (next devstream is in 2 weeks), so she should be out next week.

Apparently they changed her abilities but the Whip and Kavat should still be there as they are the basis of her kit anyway. She should bring a dart gun secondary that changes element with alt fire. Her melee weapon if I remember it correctly might work like the Dark Split Sword and be 2 weapons in 1, though unless they finally made it possible to change on the fly, it should change form based on stance.

No word about where she will drop but Void Onslaught might come out next week too and it seems like it will have it's own rewards.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2018 1:24 pm

https://www.warframe.com/news/beasts-of-the-sanctuary-update-coming-this-week

Khora this week, 3 new weapons (one of them should act as 2 weapons in 1), new Zaw parts, new game mode with new and old rewards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 am

LOL, Legend of Khora.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 02, 2018 12:33 pm

The Second Dream song is so good that it even got used in artistic swimming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=119&v=a2EfULRDL0U
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

Male Posts : 1147

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Well, that came out of nowhere.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 10, 2018 2:37 pm

And also out of nowhere, Saryn 3.0.
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/955023-developer-workshop-saryn-revisited-20/

Quite literally, why? Well, to nerf her in the Sanctuary I guess.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri May 11, 2018 1:46 pm

Melee is getting a ton of changes, buffs and nerfs.

Weapons will be stronger but it seems combo no longer makes normal attacks better. Charged attacks are gone, channeling now is heavy attacks which are affected by the combo meter, build combo with normal attacks to spend it on heavy attacks. Blocking is better it seems but not sure if it will use energy.

Ground slams are directional, they will be a lot more useful and easy to use, and look super cool.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun May 13, 2018 1:50 am

Oh yeah, the newly revealed Nidus Deluxe skin and the upcoming Nezha Deluxe skin were designed by the same guy that designed (and won the player made enemy contest) the Bursa (sadly they never used his gatling Bursa walker that would be ride-able, at least for now).

And not only that! He also made a Warframe (fan)concept called Zephyr, a wind frame, that inspired Scott which led to the actual Zephyr being made.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue May 22, 2018 7:36 pm

Ah yes! I finally acquired Nekros Prime! Sweet!
And in time too, since I heard he's getting vaulted soon.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
And not only that! He also made a Warframe (fan)concept called Zephyr, a wind frame, that inspired Scott which led to the actual Zephyr being made.

That is so freakin' cool that a fanmade one became official like that.

I really want there to be an Ivara Prime next.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 23, 2018 11:52 am

Armored Entity wrote:
Ah yes! I finally acquired Nekros Prime! Sweet!
And in time too, since I heard he's getting vaulted soon.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

That is so freakin' cool that a fanmade one became official like that.

I really want there to be an Ivara Prime next.

Yup, Nekros Prime will be vaulted soon. He's one of the few frames that is very different to mod, often needing mods that you usually wouldn't use.

Next Prime will be a male frame, and then after the next one it will be male again, so before Ivara gets a chance 2 male primes will be released.
If they don't stray away from the release order of the original, the next 2 primes should be Limbo and Chroma, but the release order isn't always how they pick them so it only means those 2 have higher chances.

The Sacrifice (last quest in the trilogy of cinematic quests) should be released very soon since they just posted which Quests we need to beat in order to be able to access The Sacrifice.

Since the page has some spoilers I will just post the quest list.

Vor's Prize
   Once Awake
   The Archwing
   Stolen Dreams
   The New Strange
   Natah
   The Second Dream
   The War Within
   Glast Gambit
   Chains of Harrow
   Apostasy Prologue

Some have specific requirements besides beating other quests, you will need every Junction done to reach the last ones, some Quests require beating some nodes in the void and Apostasy Prologue requires you to build the personal quarters but the quest only appears IF you also beat chains of harrow, just the quarters won't make it appear.

Apostasy Prologue also offers nothing but lore and an item that appears in the Quarters but that it's not usable, just cosmetic and can't be moved. There's also another change that happens when you finish that but I won't say what it is, though it's the reason why I haven't beat that quest yet, the quest pretty much is just a cutscene so it can be finished in less than 5 minutes so I'm leaving that for the day before the sacrifice.

Glast Gambit should be the hardest one for you to beat, not that it's entirely hard, but it's repetitive and there's one part which has very specific conditions to beat the mission, the idea is that you pretty much have to cheat the system in order to beat it (because the enemy is cheating in order to win), though it's pretty hard since if you do with other players and they don't know what they are doing it's very easy to lose.

Glast Gambit and The War Within have slightly different endings depending on your choices, so you will have a slightly different scene at the end of those (doesn't really affect gameplay, just gives you a different look at how the quest ends).

Edit: Glast Gambit was removed from the requirements, honestly it didn't make much sense as it doesn't limit other quests nor has any lore relevant to the trilogy.

https://twitter.com/PlayWarframe/status/999387025886367744
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon May 28, 2018 3:52 pm

We should take the Lotus, and throw her into the sun.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed May 30, 2018 11:48 pm

VeryMelon wrote:

why I enjoy her company
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 1:29 am

Sakura1 wrote:
VeryMelon wrote:

why I enjoy her company

This is a good pretext to play the Apostasy Prologue "quest".
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu May 31, 2018 11:31 am

If you link your Warframe account to your Twitch account and watch tomorrow's devstream at 2PM ET time (in which they will unveil the next frame, not sure if new or a prime, well, or at this point even Umbra since we should get Umbra soon), you will get a skin for the Liset for fee.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2018 1:29 pm

No more updates for PC until the Sacrifice (but maybe a hotfix or so), full steam ahead!

Exalted weapons will be moddable independently, will no longer rely on equipped melee weapon. Won't need a catalyst, but will need forma if the build you want requires but will come with some polarities. And that also means we will be able to see all the stats from those weapons. Duplicate mods will work, no need to make 2 sets of mods (unlike Sentinel weapons), the same point strike will work on regular melee and Exalted weapon.

3 new melee weapons to come with melee rework, Grineer, Tenno and infested weapons.

Next frame is Sentient/Eidolon inspired, lots of wisp/energy effects. Vlad is the codename, his powers are Vampire/revenant inspired (control of the living/dead but different from Nekros and Inaros, affliction, etc).

First power marks the enemy and makes them immune to damage like Nyx's 1 and does... mostly nothing, then casting again on a marked enemy makes them enter final Affliction and they become your minions which will attack other enemies and spread the affliction status and make more minions. When they die in last Affliction they explode, damaging enemies and healing players (or maybe only restores energy? He's complex and was hard to catch everything).

Second power gives charges which will stun enemies that attack you until the charges run out, casting his 1 on stunned enemies will make his 1 cost no energy.

3rd power turns you into a mist wall and is a dash, dashing through marked enemies will put them in last affliction.

4th power is a radial sleep power, all enemies around go to sleep.

Passive is life steal proportional to current energy.

All of it is WIP and in early prototype phases, so it will most certainly change to add more "sentient" like stuff.

Now it's just waiting for the Sacrifice. With some luck it will be this month, apparently they can play the whole quest from the beginning to the end already and seems like they polishing it all, but what they never mention is that the Sacrifice might bring a new system with it, perhaps that's taking longer. Excalibur Umbra is meant to different from Primes, how we don't know, but if I remember it right the original plan wasn't to just make him, but to also have other frames get the Umbra variant, but that was ever mentioned like once, maybe they dropped it since another variant would need to be very different to be worth it.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2018 11:47 am

The Sacrifice teaser site is up.

https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice

Galaxina, the trailer will spoil pretty much all the good parts of the quests, click at your own risk.
The site also has a gift, a tea set (not kidding) and a 3 days affinity booster, the code is redeemed can be redeemed on the promo page (through the plat page), code is OLDFRIEND (that way you can avoid spoilers).
Since your computer is busted it's a bet, the booster will start counting from the moment you use the code, but it might not stay long enough and you might lose the tea set (but it will most likely last until the Sacrifice is released some time this month).

DE is going to the PC gaming show in E3 (as usual they are one of the sponsors as well), guess with a trailer for the Sacrifice since Tennocon is soon and they might want to save showing more of Venus plus other stuff there. Would be funny if they released The Sacrifice after their slot on the show but doubt it if Steve goes there too, but at least it's this month.

On other news, June 19th Zephyr Prime access ends, Nekros Prime, Galatine Prime and Tigris Prime will be vaulted.

Link nuke Trinity is dead, finally. People are so salty and I love their stupidity. "DE only nerfs, never buffs", sure, considering we go a lot more buffs in the last few months than nerfs (including buffs to like, over a 100 weapons and even more to come soon).

And Trinity Prime for free with Twitch prime (why do I even bother keeping vaulted sets).
https://www.warframe.com/twitchprime

Humble Bundle is giving away a syandana, 200k credits and 3 days affinity + resource booster.
https://www.humblebundle.com/games/daedalic-2018-bundle
Scroll down a little to find it, put in email and done.
Back to top Go down
VeryMelon
Jikun Hu
Jikun Hu

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 5:24 am

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
If you link your Warframe account to your Twitch account and watch tomorrow's devstream at 2PM ET time (in which they will unveil the next frame, not sure if new or a prime, well, or at this point even Umbra since we should get Umbra soon), you will get a skin for the Liset for fee.
Or five. The drops are still buggy as hell.

I have enough Exilus adapters to last me for the next 15 years thanks to that.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 07, 2018 12:07 pm

VeryMelon wrote:
God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Or five. The drops are still buggy as hell.

I have enough Exilus adapters to last me for the next 15 years thanks to that.

Haha. Every time I get Exilus adapters in sortie I nearly yell REBECCA!

Even the poster thingies and Stalker noggles end up being given more than 1, and I have more posters than I will ever need.

Edit: Megan going to be on the PC Gaming show and they will show the last Sacrifice trailer, hopefully it has something juicy in it. We were once losers, can't wait to see what Megan makes us this time.

It's particularly strange that they just released a dev workshop on a sunday, that sounds like not only the UI changes are coming very soon, but also feels like they are running out of time to announce things, maybe we are in luck and the Sacrifice is coming sooner than expected? Would be funny as hell if they released it tomorrow during their slot in E3's PC gaming show, which could happen since they didn't even send Rebecca there this year and instead sent Megan, so Reb must be really busy right now as she didn't even go to Prime time this week.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

Titania and Limbo changes.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/966164-titanias-exalted-weapons-limbo-a-quick-workshop/

Titania will no longer use Primary mods (rifle or shotgun) and will instead use Secondary mods when the exalted weapon changes apply (separate modding for those), which is a buff since secondary mods are crazy. Diwata will get stat changes too.

Limbo's Stasis will no longer stop ally (including Limbo's) gunfire, HOWEVER, it's getting a nerf to duration (cut in half) because the time stop is broken like no tomorrow.

Sadly that means no more Omae mou Shindeiru.

Edit: Megan was on E3 just now, Sacrifice is this week. Final Trailer later today in the PC gaming show (6PM ET). No day was said so this is probably a Thursday or Friday release. For now only things said was that a new Warframe is in the update, meaning Umbra.

So it seems we are getting 2 Warframes in a 2 week span, if it happens to be a Friday release then it will be 4 days between 2 different Warframes (funnily enough both are variants).

Edit: https://www.warframe.com/thesacrifice/info  (Has spoilers)

Sacrifice info page + trailer. Excal Umbra is just Umbra now it seems.
Warframe + spoiler + Kavat + Kubrow Umbra armor. UI redesign but only the start, most of the game will still have the old UI for a while.

Twitch drops return as well. It seems like... they are giving us Dax armor. O_O

Edit: Limbo Prime, Destreza Prime and Pyrana Prime are the prime access.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Warframe General Discussion
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next