Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warframe General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
AuthorMessage

Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 25, 2018 1:35 pm

Warframe is now on Nintendo Switch. That's so great.

And this brings up a question. Is it possible to add Nintendo Switch Warframe Players to your friends list on PC Warframe? Because I have a friend who started the Switch version, but he is not appearing when I try to search him to add to my friends list. Can anyone help?
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
Warframe is now on Nintendo Switch. That's so great.

And this brings up a question. Is it possible to add Nintendo Switch Warframe Players to your friends list on PC Warframe? Because I have a friend who started the Switch version, but he is not appearing when I try to search him to add to my friends list. Can anyone help?

No, different servers for every console, so nope you will never meet them ever again.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 09, 2018 6:52 pm

I certainly don't want to go through Ivara farming again. If you want to do it, Corpus vaults tend to be the easiest and require the least hacks, usually only needs to hack the main console, one vault has 2 routes that alternate at random and one of the routes forces you to hack at least on console, while the other route doesn't, but yeah, it's random which is open at high levels.

And yeah, individual servers for each platform. Mostly because console have cert and can't be patched when they want to, so the console updates need to have the least bugs as possible (and some times some slip by or appear out of nowhere), so they get the "stable" patches after PC gets a stable build.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptySat Dec 15, 2018 2:40 am

New frame next week if nothing goes wrong. But if you really want Baruuk I'd say be ready to shell out plat, because he will be an offering from Vox Solaris which is a massive pain to rank up.

You either slave yourself to get Toroids which have a stupid low drop rate, or you need to the Heist to take down the Orb Mother which should be a lot like Eidolons in terms that it's much better with others but the fight will be different, but it will drop a "shard" like item and Toroids too, but to do the Heist you need to reach the max rank in Fortuna. If Baruuk doesn't need items from the Heist then that part can be avoided but farming Toroids still is incredibly painful.

In comparison opening relics gets new items if you don't have all primes and soon enough the plat to get Baruuk (and next week we get Mesa Prime too).

I'm buying whatever bundle Baruuk brings but I will most likely have to skip the new amps if the Heist are too hard or take too long to solo because I can't do Fortuna with others. There's new Arcanes too but no clue if they are for warframe or operator, or even whole or with BP (if they come crafted from Vox Solaris like the Pax arcanes I'd expect the price to be much lower than the ones from the Quills, Quills used to be a gold mine due to needing gems, but considering how little of Fortuna uses thegems the new items most likely will need them).

Other stuff like cosmetics, new legs for the Moa, new operator hair, fragments lore for Fortuna, new mods (many should be for AW weapons), AW weapons usable on foot without AW and buffs/changes to Nyx and Titania (Nyx's 2 will be changed to debuff shield/armor, that's the biggest change, Absorb got something minor and will still suck, Mind Control will be really good, Titania only gets minor changes but her 2 won't need multiple casts for the same buff, will cost less, her 3 will allow multiple casts and hopefully the tether they mention is to the ground so the enemy doesn't fly away and waste the cast).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyTue Dec 18, 2018 9:07 pm

The new title screen theme sounds like an 8-bit version of the Orb Vallis theme.

Also.

Baruuk is said to be a Pacifist
They are called "WAR" Frames.

Sheesh, and I thought Garuda didn't make any sense?!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 3:16 am

He's invulnerable to damage when not attacking, he puts enemies to sleep, he disarms enemies and gets damage reduction from that same ability. AND THEN HE REACHES THE BREAKING POINT TURNS SUPER SAIYAN AND PACIFIES EVERYONE, WITH DEATH.

He's actually super fun, and you can't use his 4 without building up (or eroding) his Restraint meter and it also uses no energy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 1:05 pm

I see. Well he looks like he's gonna be a pain to obtain. I watched a video on how to defeat the Profit-Taker Orb (part of the requirements to get Baruuk), apparently that thing not only has Sentient-Style resistances but it changes what type it is vulnerable to periodically, has 6 different phases, the battle is timed, and attempts a Self-Destruct last stand at the end. Once I get that far I'm gonna have my work cut out for me, but that's what makes the battle all the more exhilarating!

So how do you build up his Restraint Meter? Is it obtained from absorbing damage in normal form?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 9:26 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
I see. Well he looks like he's gonna be a pain to obtain. I watched a video on how to defeat the Profit-Taker Orb (part of the requirements to get Baruuk), apparently that thing not only has Sentient-Style resistances but it changes what type it is vulnerable to periodically, has 6 different phases, the battle is timed, and attempts a Self-Destruct last stand at the end. Once I get that far I'm gonna have my work cut out for me, but that's what makes the battle all the more exhilarating!

So how do you build up his Restraint Meter? Is it obtained from absorbing damage in normal form?

Restraint builds up when:

1. For each attack dodged with his 1. His 1 is a toggle that avoids all attacks coming from a certain angle (can be modded to increase the angle up to 360º) as long as you are not attacking.

2. For each enemy affected by his 2. It has 25 meters without mods so it gets huge with mods, Stretch makes it about 36 meters.

3. For each enemy hit by his 3 (which disarms enemies, it works like Nova's 1).

It's pretty easy to build it, you either stand still dodging attacks or use 2 and 3.

And yeah, he's behind Orbs however... I don't think you need to defeat the Orb at all. There's 4 bounties for the Orb, each bounty is a "phase" to take it down (like segments of a quest) and all bounties give the mats to rank up and to make the new items, only difference is the rare mod (but I think you can get all mods in phase 2 because of 3 enemies there can drop that mod, I got the one from the first phase from them) and relics.

Orb only drops a Toroid (for 6k standing) and stuff like debt bonds, credits and a chance for an Orb Articula.

So you can spam the hell out of Phase 2 because it takes like, 2 minutes to complete with a computer that runs it properly (for me I spend more time on loadings than playing), it's that short, you basically just have to kill 5 mobs in 3 or so minutes (2 of which are a Terra variant of Ambulas), grab a datamass, go back to Fortuna and it's done, extremely easy.

I might try to kill the Orb on solo, though sadly killing the Orb isn't the best option for the mats to rank up and make items, but if it's not that bad on solo I might do it for the standing, because it might be better than farming regular Toroids (which you need tons for items too).

I'd say that Baruuk is worth every plat spent on him, absolutely ridiculous. Sadly there's also weapons locked behind those bounties as their research require items from there, but Phase 2 spam works too.

Oh, and the item to make AW weapons work on land also comes from phase 3, HOWEVER we got DE to change it so we can buy the item to make the weapon work on land from the market with plat instead of being Clan research only (which requires new mats), but you still need to beat Phase 3 to get the AW weapon launcher to use the AW weapons on missions (you don't equip them, you summon them).
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 19, 2018 11:30 pm

ALRIGHT SORROW SO I GOT plat DO I BUY THE NEW DUDE OR JUST GET MESA WHO EASIER OT GET and craft and the mats wont be a war to get
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyThu Dec 20, 2018 3:33 pm

I really should run axi relics with randoms because the only Mesa part I lack is the common one, but getting the relic tho, ewww.

Profit Taker is very much solo'able, just need a good setup, and weird stuff work too, I did it with Nidus, never use powers, not even modded for powers, just get 100% knockdown resist and faster holster, Umbral mods help a lot. Takes me 20~24 minutes to get it done, the issue for me is that my potato can't handle it so it freezes a lot and Kavat goes down all the time, besides the Corpus Manker not following you and you need to kill them to reset the AW gun ammo/cooldown, but if they don't move you will need to look for them which is a pain.

AW gun well modded is important too, Fluctus is great for that fight, because you need to hit the 4 legs to damage them, but honestly I don't know where exactly, but Fluctus just pierces everything which makes it easier. Might try again but without a Kavat and instead use Hirudo for quick healing, because I just spend too much time babysitting the damn cat and it's only useful if it trigger the 2x booster when you defeat the Orb (the Toroid it drops is affected by boosters, with resource booster you get 2 instead of 1, that means 12k standing per run instead of 6k, Kavat should also work).
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 10:02 pm

the problem is Lot of newbies dont have AW mods, I for one can count my AW mods with my left hand
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyFri Dec 21, 2018 10:24 pm

I wonder when we will be able to fight the other orbs. Like the exploiter Orb.

Or this strange one that could can find bobbing in the water near the Orokin Dig Site (which even makes the same noise when you get close to it).
Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 SJCW93M
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptySun Dec 23, 2018 3:00 pm

Well, yeah, like everything you need to get the mods. Right now doing stuff on the plains can help since the Dargyn can drop AW mods, though it's not a good farm place, it just can happen while you get stuff on the plains done. The Mobile Defence missions in AW like the one in Neptune can help a lot, best place to level AW and since it rains enemies it also rains mods.

Other Orbs will come later, by doing 1 by 1 they can have more updates, have a better workflow that isn't as tight and use feedback to correct issues with previous Orbs. And yes, that one near the Orokin Dig site is an Orb too, if you get to see underwater/floor you can see the head and the legs.

They will also be reworking the plains a bit (without actual changes I think) with tech used in the Vallis which will increase the performance there, maybe they might make it so Bounties can be accepted in the plains like it can be done in the Vallis (sadly we can only pick the Orb Mother bounties in Fortuna which is a pain in the ass).

There's also the flying Eidolon for the plains at some point like the Revenant quest hints. And the same Sentient type will, somehow appear in the Gas City rework, but not sure if it will just appear due to new lore (like the new war) or if it will have a fight there too. Plus not sure which version will appear in the Gas City because they already have 2 versions of that Sentient, regular and Eidolon, Eidolon like the Eidolon Teralyst is damaged, it lacks the head and has a piece of blubber in it's place. It would be cool if they had the regular one in the Gas City, since the Eidolon we know are sealed in the Plains, plus the new war trailer shows the regular/non damaged version of the flying Eidolon.

I actually wish at some point they allow to fight the regular flying Sentient and the original Teralyst on other places as the Sentient escalate the fight, make big tiles based on the place they are in, make the fight different from Eidolon, could be like a new type of invasion. Would love to fight a huge Sentient on the top section of the Uranus labs like the Tombs of the Sentient trailer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 EmptyWed Dec 26, 2018 12:38 am

Is it just me, or are people posting more on this topic than others lately? Is this becoming a Warframe Forum now?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Warframe General Discussion
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7