Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warframe General Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

Female Posts : 5579

Warframe General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 4:21 pm

getting valkyr would be a good idea she has an ult ability 4 which grants u invicibility and melee powers o3o
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 6:29 pm

Rhino is the easiest to get and craft, his Iron skin will allow you to easily beat most content until you need really specific things. Stomp in early game is more of a panic button since it's expensive, but he also has roar that buffs your damage.

Yeah, Oberon is the hated jack of all trades because if it doesn't kill things in one button press then it's terrible. He's quite good now, just not the most enjoyable one to use (some things are fun and special, he's just normal).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 9:22 pm

Sakura1 wrote:
getting valkyr would be a good idea she has an ult ability 4 which grants u invicibility and melee powers o3o

I just got a Blueprint for Valkyr Prime. Funny you say that.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Rhino is the easiest to get and craft, his Iron skin will allow you to easily beat most content until you need really specific things. Stomp in early game is more of a panic button since it's expensive, but he also has roar that buffs your damage.

Yeah, Oberon is the hated jack of all trades because if it doesn't kill things in one button press then it's terrible. He's quite good now, just not the most enjoyable one to use (some things are fun and special, he's just normal).

Well, okay. I'll keep that in mind. I'll just use whichever I get first (though I don't have any of the parts for Rhino now, but I do have a start for Oberon.

I dunno, I enjoy a challenge, and I actually prefer not to play as something OP. Oberon sounds like I'd get "The Exhilaration Of A Real Battle!"
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyTue Jul 11, 2017 9:39 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
Sakura1 wrote:

I just got a Blueprint for Valkyr Prime. Funny you say that.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:

Well, okay. I'll keep that in mind. I'll just use whichever I get first (though I don't have any of the parts for Rhino now, but I do have a start for Oberon.

I dunno, I enjoy a challenge, and I actually prefer not to play as something OP. Oberon sounds like I'd get "The Exhilaration Of A Real Battle!"

there really isnt anything hurrdurr op in warframe since everything has it merits and demerits

although some characters are easier to use then others, *cough* nidus Im looking at you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 3:55 pm

Alright, doing good so far. My Mastery Rank is now 3, my Excalibur is now max leveled, I've made it to Mercury, and I got some awesome new weapons like the Tetra Rifle and the Dual Skana Swords(better than my old Single Skana Sword). Plus, I now have a Chesa Kubrow now. No new Warframes yet, but I have some of the parts crafted, and am almost there.

I do need some help now though with some stuff.
-At Mercury, there's this one new place where there are these multiple factions I can join. Which one would be best for me to join?
-Any hints on Kubrows? Like how to keep them well and what not?

Hopefully I'll have a new Warframe soon. I'm well on my way.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 05, 2017 7:01 pm

You must've been to a relay. Syndicates can be joined from your ship, it's the console on the left side of Navigation. They are kinda expensive at first since they require sacrifices (which some items are rare and really important early on, like Catalysts and Reactors, also prime parts) but they can pay off due to how you can farm their offerings to trade for plat with other people.

I'd say there's no best Syndicate, nearly everything they offer is tradeable except their sigils, large team gear and syandana, you will most likely be dealing very specific groups of them and not just one since it's possible to max multiple syndicates (the more you try to max the harder it gets), 2 is easy, 3 is about as easy, 4 maxed syndicates isn't good for mod farming and the only thing it does is allow you to get all large team gear blueprints.
Just look through their offerings or just go with who you like the most, just pay attention to who they ally with and who they hate or hated by, since those influence the standing. If anything being on New Loka side can make things easier early on since they have the strongest death squad and if you have negative standing they will send the death squads after you, a bunch of Eximus Ancients early on is no joke (I honestly just like Amaryn's lines when she hates you.

Don't bother choosing based on Warframe quests related with Syndicates, your standing has no influence on that.

Kubrows are expensive to maintain, they lose Genetic Stability every day (10% per day or 5% with the upgrade segment) and you need to use DNA stabilizers once in a while and they are expensive early on. If Genetic Stability reaches the the minimum value they die, they actually DIE, poof, gone, forever, though the upgrade segment (it's a different segment that you can buy/craft) will put them in stasis before they die so you can use stabilizers on them. If you can't revive them in battle they lose 40% loyalty, you just pet them in the ship to raise it up 20% per pat, but can only do it 3 times per day.

Their mods are rather expensive to rank up which doesn't help because Sentinel mods are less expensive plus Sentinels have no maintenance, if they die in battle it doesn't matter, so survivability mods matter less on sentinels as well. The newbies Sentinel, Taxon is nice, later on it's rather useless but the gun it brings is good even later on (it's the weapon I use on mine, gotta love the cold procs).

Pat your Kubrow when loyalty drops, use DNA stabilizers when stability drops below 60% at least (each restores 40%), get and rank up their mods, that's about it to keep them well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySun Aug 06, 2017 12:42 am

Okay, I think I'll put my Kubrow in stasis until I can put more time and credits into him and when I get the upgrade, and for now just stick with my Taxon Drone.

As for the Warframes I'm making progress on, I actually now have 2 out of 4 of the parts for both Rhino and Oberon (not just blueprints, but crafted). I am so close, I want Rhino for Solo missions, and Oberon for Co-Op.

Okay, so the factions I have available are Arbiters of Hexus, Cephalon Suda, Steel Meridian, Mission Control, Conclave, Red Veil, Perrin Sequence, and New Loka. I'm having a hard time choosing.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 4:33 pm

after a while you have so much credits u honestly won't care on how you blow it

I think im at 10m with honestly no efforts :V
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 5:46 pm

The hell did you pull mission control from.

Conclave and Simaris are neutral syndicates, they don't really count towards others and everyone can work towards them. Conclave is PvP stuff (ranking it up opens new offerings that you can trade standing for and usually are either PvP only stuff or cosmetics), standing comes from playing PvP. Simaris is about... scanning stuff, usually specific targets, there's no ranking up so you get access to all offerings from the start. You will have to do some stuff for Simaris later on during some quests.

Syndicates aren't much of a game changing thing, it's more of a bonus that you get over time from wearing their sigil and ranking them up. It's not really much of a siding thing like in WoW or the like.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Aug 07, 2017 9:08 pm

just slap one of their fancy tattoo on one of your warframes and forget and play until u later see ur max point and ship them an offering :V

I honestly just place and forget like any normal person o3o4

also sorrow if I for the love of god can't get past this rank up mission, your doing it for me =3=
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 1:10 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
The hell did you pull mission control from.

This.

Warframe General Discussion 8l9tQSn

Also, I recently got the Archwing! HOLY CRAP this is one awesome part of the game! The Archwing makes it feel like Strike Witches (well except for lacking cuteness and cuddliness), but I almost feel like a SW Joint Fighter duking it out in those parts. A shame there's few of those missions, but this was freakin awesome!
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 1:35 pm

LOL mission control isnt a syndicathe dasdasdasdasdasdasdasd

its just where u go to join missions its the same thing as when u pick missions from your ship :V
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Sorry about that.

Still, the Archwing Missions were totally awesome!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyFri Aug 11, 2017 4:40 pm

AW is nice but since it's not meant to be a new game it's kinda of under developed and the control scheme makes it hard to have actual space battles which leads to enemies being static.

If you like it then it will make things easy for you, many dislike it which means they won't level their AW gear, and then they can't beat higher level AW content and hate it even more. Atlas for example requires you fight a boss in AW so many people doesn't get him because their gear isn't leveled which makes the boss appear strong (but then the boss is really easy with just a few mods).

Relays have a second floor, that's where Cephalon Simaris and Darvo are, the elevator is in the hall where the mission control and conclave doors are. (Darvo just sells one random item from the market with a discount everyday or when you beat Clem's quest he gives you the mission to get Clem clones blueprint, he doesn't really do much for you comparing with syndicates.)
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 4:36 pm

Hmm 6hrs until Lens is crafted

then i can craft Optimicor for giant railgun Very Happy

also armor u should add me, I wont mind helping u in some missions if u need it :V
but I need advance payments,

wait so lens is a giant aoe tonkor? hmm maybe i should build oberon or who that gravity suckie guy is
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 6:39 pm

Sakura1 wrote:
Hmm 6hrs until Lens is crafted

then i can craft Optimicor for giant railgun Very Happy

also armor u should add me, I wont mind helping u in some missions if u need it :V
but I need advance payments,

wait so lens is a giant aoe tonkor? hmm maybe i should build oberon or who that gravity suckie guy is

It's like Tonkor on an arrow tip. The weapon works like bows when it comes to firing (though it uses Daikyu mechanics which doesn't allow you to keep it fully charge for long and resets the charge after a few seconds) and ammo (only has 6 max ammo, but has innate ammo mutation), the arrow behaves like others so if the arrow kills an enemy it will keep flying until it hits something that actually stops it, once it hits something and stops it makes a huge sphere (which you can see clearly) that deals cold proc with minor damage and then after like a second it explodes and deals tons of damage (the AoE is the same size as the cold proc AoE so you know where it will explode).

Since you can see the AoE before the bulk of the damage you usually can get out of it if you accidentally shoot it at something too close, though with most frames you will get the cold proc which will slow you down (if you are quick enough you can switch to operator and survive with 2HP). If you shoot team mates (or enemies that are dead already) with it, the arrow will vanish and won't explode which helps a lot though it will still deal cold procs to anything near, including you.

It has the drawback of potentially killing you but being able to see the AoE helps a lot, also has very limited ammo so you can't go crazy if you don't move enough to get more ammo (but you can pick any ammo and it works, though any other ammo that isn't bow ammo will only give 1 arrow, bow ammo will bring it up to max), but the damage it deals is ridiculous and the cold proc makes it so most enemies won't avoid the explosion.

It's also easy to mod, speed trigger, serration, Split chamber, both crit mods and it's already really strong, then just any elementals you need and done (also doesn't need much forma either, 3 is enough to make it beat the 3rd sortie unless it's elemental condition, then RIP).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:14 pm

Hey guys, check this out. A recent thing that one of my friends on DA noticed, and now I cannot unsee it, but this makes me like Warframe even more now!

Think about this below. He made the image below, not me.

Warframe General Discussion Warframe_s_sonic_upgrades_by_psyco_the_frog-dbddzmy

Of course, some people here will be wondering why me and him are comparing this to Sonic, and that would be many of the little things you can do with the mechanics of this game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DTqRTfd9NI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l076x0YaznU

Altogether you got;
Speed - Sonic in general
Swordplay and other melee weapons - Shadow and Black Knight
Parkour(Wall running and wall-jumping/climbing) - Sonic in general, one of Knuckles' abilities, Espio's ability since Knuckles Chaotix.
Shooting - Shadow, Sonic Adventure games
Special powers - Certain Sonic characters, Shadow and Blaze most especially who have similar powers to stuff in Warframe
Space Flight - The Tornado Chase levels in Adventure 1, Shadow's hand glider from 06
Invisibility - Espio
Throwing Knives - Espio

Now, I know there's other games that do these things, but not many of them have covered this many aspects that, Sonic has given how diverse his games are AT THE SAME TIME, Halo and Boarderlands being close but they aren't speedy action and above-average FPS games, and Mario sure as hell doesn't even come close even with some of these aspects in it's own way. Also, even fewer games possess all of these things at one time and for a big roster of characters, I've lost count of how many Warframes there are because it's been updated with new ones many times over the years.

This is also not to say Warframe is copying Sonic or anything, simply that it has many aspects that have been done in different Sonic games and rolled them all up into one game where you can do all things all at once.
This is about the potential of 3D Sonic games and where the series can go mechanics wise, rather then condense it all the time to just 2D with nothing new and 3D with just boosting, like some of those idiot sheepish fans thing.

Come to think about it, a Sonic game like Warframe would most likely turn out to be a faster and more action packed version of Shadow The Hedgehog, with additional and upgraded aspects of past Adventure games, and it would be TOTALLY FREAKIN WICKED!!!

Anyone else notice this? Makes me like Warframe even more now!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySat Aug 12, 2017 10:42 pm

That's less of mechanics and more of tropes.

Since you can so easily draw comparisons (even if so greatly far fetched), you will pretty much orgasm when you experience Volt.

And holy shit, I nearly forgot how bland the Void used to look back then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 12:38 am

First of all, no I don't, not always. On the comparisons thing.

Second, if you want proof that I'm not the only one who thinks this, check this guy on DA. -->   https://psyco-the-frog.deviantart.com/art/Warframe-s-Sonic-Upgrades-687615658
-->   https://psyco-the-frog.deviantart.com/art/Dream-game-3-687629528

And no, Volt is not one of the ones that I think looks promising (why I didn't pick him as a starter).
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 1:11 am

im sorry but why what you says somewhat barely makes sense, you can easily say the same thing for alot of games by, bruh i can just say NEw Horizon and no mans land are the same game just bc they have similar concepts

thats literally what your saying right now

inb4 that was a horrible example
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 2:32 am

Quote :
Definition of can

auxiliary verb

c —used to indicate possibility
e :  be made possible or probable by circumstances to

Too bad normally you wouldn't run that build plus at times he's coptering to get more speed which is the bursts that you see at times (which usually fling him against walls) and we no longer have coptering, though honestly he wasn't even using it that much, if he was the video would be even shorter.
Back to top Go down
Sakura1
Crab
Crab

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptySun Aug 13, 2017 3:24 am

Warframe General Discussion 1e7688754c
Warframe General Discussion Giphy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 1:24 pm

If anyone is interested, things are going well for me so far. I'm getting the hang of the various syndicate offerings and have even joined a clan too, which has been helpful.
So far I've made it to Phobos, but I'm having trouble with this one Archwing mission where you have to race to the transport ships and destroy them before they can leave.

Also, as of now I have 3 different Warframes, and I have 2 more that I have almost done. Now I also own Rhino and Frost.

Rhino is certainly one epic Warframe with that Iron Skin and Stomp ability. He makes solo missions easier. I usually use the Sobek Shotgun along with a pair of fists with him. Also the Stomp is so satisfying to use on those Orokin Derelict Infested missions, where I'm like surrounded by Infested then I stomp and take them all out instantly (or kill the suspended ones Matrix-style).

Frost I just recently obtained. He's really darn good at defense missions, all I have to do is place a Snow Globe at the center or somewhere near and let it work its magic, while I take them out. I'm currently trying to make a build centered around Frost's Snow Globe ability. Also the Ice Wave is awesome too. Kinda like a more single-point-focused less mobile Rhino.

I also have all the parts crafted for Oberon and Nyx, I just need Orokin Cells to finish them. Oberon I look forward to finishing as for it's the one I was waiting for due to its mostly balanced stats and healing abilities, which seems like it would be a good Team Player.

Nyx I don't know what to say yet, but looks interesting with its Manipulative Psychic and Energy-Based abilities. The one Absorb ability looks totally awesome, and the Confusion and Mind Control attacks look like they'd be interesting. The only thing that deters me is the low armor, so I'm guessing Nyx is the kind you wanna keep the enemy from being able to fight back by using your powers more often? I saw someone else using Nyx once with me in a defense mission, and it looked pretty neat what Nyx could do.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 2:03 pm

Quote :
So far I've made it to Phobos, but I'm having trouble with this one Archwing mission where you have to race to the transport ships and destroy them before they can leave.

Most people have trouble with that mission. If it helps you can search in the options and you can disable the free movement which will lock the AW on the horizontal plane and that way you won't rotate and make it so you end up upside down which makes it hard to navigate in that map.

Most Frost rely too much on the globe and forget that they have other abilities, his 4th ability temporarily freezes enemies and reduces their armor, that helps everyone a lot.

While Rhino's skin is great you shouldn't overlook the roar though, it's a GREAT buffing ability, it can increase your damage a lot.

Nyx relies on Crowd control rather than tanking (so spam her 3, but don't use it too much on defence missions because spamming it there can make the mission too slow and sometimes you just don't need to keep enemies away that hard), so you need to use that, the map and speed to your advantage. Mind control is all about selecting the right targets, Bombards and Heavy gunners can knockdown enemies, enemies with pets can spawn friendly pets as well which increases the number of targets the enemy has to deal with, Ancient healers will heal you and if you stay close to them they give you a massive damage reduction, other ancients can grant you buffs, eximus can also grant you resistances and cover, so don't use it on trash mobs, those are a waste unless you have nothing else.
Absorb is good to cover a target or a player, it has long been nerfed from the potential nuke it could be, the augment however makes Nyx a super tank, as the augment allows you to use Absorb, move slowly and use your weapons, until you run out of energy enemies can't kill you and energy goes down very slowly (only at high levels they can make it go down fast enough to be a threat).

Sobek is a good weapon to keep because once you reach Sedna you can play the Rathuum missions and in there you can get a mod that only the Sobek can use and it's a really good mod (kills with the Sobek make the enemy explode and damage enemies around it, and part of the damage of the explosion is a percentage of the enemy's max HP, so if the enemy has lots of HP they will explode and deal a lot of damage, other similar mods tend to be much weaker).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion EmptyMon Sep 11, 2017 2:45 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Most Frost rely too much on the globe and forget that they have other abilities, his 4th ability temporarily freezes enemies and reduces their armor, that helps everyone a lot.

True, I know about that. Will keep that in mind though.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
While Rhino's skin is great you shouldn't overlook the roar though, it's a GREAT buffing ability, it can increase your damage a lot.

I know, and I also use it when teammates are around or those missions where you have to evacuate the survivors (since the effect also applies to anyone nearby). I mostly am making my build focused around both Health and Energy Efficiency so I can use those abilities more.

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Nyx relies on Crowd control rather than tanking (so spam her 3, but don't use it too much on defence missions because spamming it there can make the mission too slow and sometimes you just don't need to keep enemies away that hard), so you need to use that, the map and speed to your advantage. Mind control is all about selecting the right targets, Bombards and Heavy gunners can knockdown enemies, enemies with pets can spawn friendly pets as well which increases the number of targets the enemy has to deal with, Ancient healers will heal you and if you stay close to them they give you a massive damage reduction, other ancients can grant you buffs, eximus can also grant you resistances and cover, so don't use it on trash mobs, those are a waste unless you have nothing else.
Absorb is good to cover a target or a player, it has long been nerfed from the potential nuke it could be, the augment however makes Nyx a super tank, as the augment allows you to use Absorb, move slowly and use your weapons, until you run out of energy enemies can't kill you and energy goes down very slowly (only at high levels they can make it go down fast enough to be a threat).

Hmm, well that could be interesting. My starter was Excalibur and he had quite a few Crowd Control abilities, so I'll have to see about that. And those things sound good for the Mind Control abilities.

Say, can using Mind Control on a Shield Osprey buff your shields? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warframe General Discussion   Warframe General Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Warframe General Discussion
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next