Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Love! Love! Love!

Go down 
+26
IronDicks
LS3
boytitan2
knyx
Broza
reiya
Emeraldsun
Alathon
Kirika
Relict?
Flandyrll
CapeMike
thehellamireading
Yokura
Hyoka
Nisa
Sean
Stickboy
Suki_Eve
Malphes
Gerrion
Dune
UncleBobbie
Mew
Astral_Dono
LostOne
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
LostOne
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
LostOne

Male Posts : 895

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 7:10 pm

Nice story out there CapeMike...

Well, it's time to tell you mine, why not? Forum pals are sometimes the best persons to talk to.
There's this girl I like, you see. I know her since September and she's one of my best friends. Last year I had no problem with love stuff and all, so this school year I was like "Yeah, whatever, won't be worried about this year too.." and I start thinking about her, thinking about her again and BAM! Obvious thing...

She has been my inspiration for my love poems and some other stuff, and I feel I need to tell her about this. But I think it's too early, I'm afraid... I'm afraid that she denies and breaks our friendship... I want to show her what her presence is to me, but I'm very, but very scared. I mean, I know I must be confident and must do something, but there's another me that says no!!!... And I'm sure I'm in love with her, I think about her everyday, I love being with her... I don't know if she already noticed that I love her, but oh well... Starting 23rd March, we're on holidays and she will go to a foreign country for two weeks... I'm thinking about these two weeks to be a test if I really miss her, but you know, I'm anxious to say it...

I don't know, what to do... I'm just confused and... Man...

Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:09 pm

LostOne wrote:

Well, it's time to tell you mine, why not? Forum pals are sometimes the best persons to talk to.
There's this girl I like, you see. I know her since September and she's one of my best friends. Last year I had no problem with love stuff and all, so this school year I was like "Yeah, whatever, won't be worried about this year too.." and I start thinking about her, thinking about her again and BAM! Obvious thing...

She has been my inspiration for my love poems and some other stuff, and I feel I need to tell her about this. But I think it's too early, I'm afraid... I'm afraid that she denies and breaks our friendship... I want to show her what her presence is to me, but I'm very, but very scared. I mean, I know I must be confident and must do something, but there's another me that says no!!!... And I'm sure I'm in love with her, I think about her everyday, I love being with her... I don't know if she already noticed that I love her, but oh well... Starting 23rd March, we're on holidays and she will go to a foreign country for two weeks... I'm thinking about these two weeks to be a test if I really miss her, but you know, I'm anxious to say it...

The 23rd??

Do. Not. Let. Her. Get. AWAY. Evil or Very Mad

Take it from someone who's been there, done that, and got the proverbial t-shirt...-TWICE-.

Go to her...and let her know how you feel...doesn't matter how, as long as you both know you're sincere...the worst that can happen is that you'll find out she wasn't meant for you in the 1st place....

I've lost my 'happily ever after' twice, due to my own undoing...the mere thought of someone ELSE I know suffering that same fate literally sickens me...you'll never be able to live with yourself wondering 'what if', or 'what could've been'...I live it every day....

Now get going after her. Happy Icy
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 12, 2012 11:29 pm

LostOne wrote:

First rule about girls: We're a lot more accepting and thoughtful than guys think. If you ask me, if you've been friends for so long, why not confess? If the worst happens, she will be confuzzled for a few days then act as if everything didn't happen and things are as they have been. ;3

That's what I did at least whenever I was asked out. At first, I will get flustered and have to think about it. Then after considering everything, I'll reply honestly and without hesitation, because I know that is my decision. Of course I know I'm going to hurt the guy if I reject him, but at least the guy knew. Then I start talking to the guy as if nothing happened and we remain awesome friends :3
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 am

Sometimes you can try your hardest not to let something slip away, and it will anyway.

But it doesn't hurt to try anyway.

Trying and failing is better than never trying at all.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:23 am

Quote :
First rule about girls: We're a lot more accepting and thoughtful than guys think. If you ask me, if you've been friends for so long, why not confess? If the worst happens, she will be confuzzled for a few days then act as if everything didn't happen and things are as they have been. ;3

That's what I did at least whenever I was asked out. At first, I will get flustered and have to think about it. Then after considering everything, I'll reply honestly and without hesitation, because I know that is my decision. Of course I know I'm going to hurt the guy if I reject him, but at least the guy knew. Then I start talking to the guy as if nothing happened and we remain awesome friends :3

A wise advice that i also suggest that you follow it, mate.
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:04 am

Just because someone applies to you doesn't mean it applies to everyone. Just thought I drop this here.

Anyways, allow me to share a story of mine a number of years back.

I had know this girl for over a year and had been hiding feelings for her for a really long time (More than half a year?). When I confessed to her, things were pretty awkward and she didn't know how to reply. A friend had to step in and talk to her as to why she wouldn't give a reply. She was worried that if we ever broke up, things would be very awkward in the future, especially since we were quite close friends. Ultimately, it was a rejection. I was cool with it, I mean, I've never told her my feelings towards her for months so pretending that nothing happened wasn't really something I couldn't do, although it's a little troublesome.

About half a year later, I told her I still had feelings for her but I pretty much got rejected again for the exact same reason.

Quite a long time later, after a friend of mine heard of this from me, he went to ask her about it. What he told me, is that she actually regrets not accepting all those times.

So yeah, in all honesty though, I might have a little bit of lingering feelings for her but I've pretty much given up on it. And I've pretty much given up on relationships for now anyways due to school and whatnot.

P.S. Now that I think about it, "She was worried that if we ever broke up" sounds pretty much like a breakup flag already... :l

P.P.S. That was my first confession too. Awesome eh? Friendzoned before it was cool.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:24 am

wwwww

Last edited by Relict? on Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
LostOne
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
LostOne

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Thanks for your posts guys, you're somehow inspiring me! xD

CapeMike, you made me laugh with that DON'T LET HER GET AWAY quote... xD
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 1:44 pm

LostOne wrote:
Thanks for your posts guys, you're somehow inspiring me! xD

CapeMike, you made me laugh with that DON'T LET HER GET AWAY quote... xD

Well, I was being serious too, you know...; -pleeeeeease- don't let yourself end up wondering what might've been.... Smile

...and now, by request, a few pictures...apologies in advance for the excessive file-size of some pics(now and in later posts), but my picture-fu is weak, and I've no idea how to downsize them and retain their quality.... <_<

===================================================

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Snowwh11
This was the 1st item we were presented with upon my successful proposal...note that these are not 'auto-signatures', but the genuine autographs of Snow White and -all seven- dwarves.... Very Happy
--------------------------------------
Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc_0010
The 2nd certificate, presented to us at the end of the day, upon arriving at the observation deck/area of the Astro Orbiters ride for v.i.p. seating at the nightly fireworks show over Cinderella Castle...it's 3 stories up, and only 5-7 people per day are afforded this honor....
--------------------------------------
Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc_0011
These are ultra-rare...; only given out to 1 couple per day, and even then, supposedly not every single day, under extraordinary circumstances...Alicia was pleased with wearing hers, and mine was worn triumphantly as a badge of honor...it attracted attention from Disney cast members who noticed them! Very Happy

In addition to these items, we were also given 2 fast-pass tickets each; these allow their owners to basically ignore the waiting line at any one attraction of their choice per ticket(our 1st each was immediately used on the Mickey's Philharmagic in 3D attraction, the 2nd is detailed later here), and Alicia, who'd already started collecting pins, was given a limited edition Tinkerbell pin, only minted during the 2007-2008 Disney seasons and not purchasable in stores(pic to maybe come later)...it's only been out of it's little baggie twice since then, and one of those times was to be photographed....

Our 2nd fast-pass ticket was spent on the Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin( http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/attractions/buzz-lightyears-space-ranger-spin/ ) where I ended up suffering what was the most humiliating defeat of my gaming career...I'd jumped out to a colossal lead early against Alicia, who appeared content to pick her shots for maximum efficiency/score, and then I made the horrifically noobish error of assuming my lead was in-assailable and relaxed, enjoying the sights while still picking on key targets.

...near the end, I glanced at our scores, already mentally preparing my victory-dance(yes, I have one...DON'T ASK), and discovered to my utter horror that not only had she caught me, but she'd PASSED me and was rapidly pulling away, score-wise...; a desperate comeback attempt fell -JUST- short(I estimate another 10 seconds would've been enough)...I swore unholy vengeance...which I sadly, never got to follow through on, as we were all but invited back for our eventual honeymoon...but she still doesn't let me forget about this dark, dark day of defeat for me in the world of gaming.... Wink

Want to hear/see more of the story? I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 2:53 pm

CapeMike wrote:
[Want to hear/see more of the story? I love you

YES. Razz
You must have had an awesome time there!
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 3:05 pm

iKray wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

YES. Razz

Oh, there will be a lot more to come, along with random pictures pulled from our combined folders...we spent 5 days out there, in all! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 4:26 pm

CapeMike wrote:
iKray wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

YES. Razz

Oh, there will be a lot more to come, along with random pictures pulled from our combined folders...we spent 5 days out there, in all! Very Happy
Shocked
Bet your wallet took a punch!
But as long as you had fun, then it was all worth it? Wink
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 5:16 pm

You could say that...I think all-told, the 5-day trip, including airfare, was around $1250 USD, and was the reason I got my 1st ever credit card(I had no difficulty getting said card whatsoever, thanks to an essentially flawless credit rating)...totally worth it, though....

The 1st day was actually spent at our resort(then known as the Regal Sun Resort) getting settled in, followed by wandering around the Downtown Disney area!

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc01410

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00610

Plenty to do there, including several nightclubs, a Planet Hollywood(-way- too crowded), and lots of themed restaurants(including a jungle-themed one who's star attraction was a trio of exotic birds, including a 42-year old Cockatoo!) and shops...including a Lego store...I wanted to take that giant mecha Lego statue home SO @^#$! BAD! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Well, i guess i'll open up a story of mine. Few know this story, or even remember, so the fact that i'm telling it here shows evidence of how much i trust on everyone here.

EDIT: And sorry CapeMike, for writting this during your amazing trip. I hope it's ok with you.

This was during a summer camp within a mountain village. I was around 12 at the time.

It was the first summer camp i ever made, and had really fun times, and made many friendships that saddly were lost due to the fact that at the time we had no cell-phones, internet or such.

Among the friends i made there, there was also a special girl i felt in love with. A girl a bit older than me (probably 14), with an average body but with the most beautifull eyes of the world, eyes that would steal your soul and make it hers.

Saddly i wasn't the only one. Her behaviour was quite polite and friendly, and she quickly became the idol of the camp, loved by everyone. As a matter of fact, she had three romances in that month, all broken in the end.

The first one was the one that endured the most, and the guy was sharing the bedroom with me and a third one, and although i was envy of him, that didn't affected the friendship we both had, though that time when i pretended i was her pet monkey while she was with us at the bedroom one time was a bit over the top (even though she had quite some healthy laughs due to that).

When they broke up, i couldn't ask both of them the reason, as i didn't want to make them feel sour again, just did my best at making the day feel fine and having fun with both of them.

During this time, i tried to make her smile and feel good, while also trying to start a relationship without touching the wound too much. But everytime i was building the bonds, other boys would just outright ask with flirty sayings and tossing me out like the chubby boy i was at the time.

Saddly those 2 romances were short ones too, in which one was with a popular smart boy, who got rejected in less than 2 days. This was hampering my attempts, but i kept being my friendly self all the time.

Shortly before the end of the third romance, there was this preparation for the last night of the summer camp, with a romantic dinner and a theather with plays, acts and games for everyone, but mainly for the kindergarden kids at our camp. While distributing roles, there was this game everyone loved and wanted to teach, the "lemon dance". In a roll of luck, i was the chosen, in which i cheered with joy, knowing i would teach them my favorite dance of the month.

At the morning of the fated day, everyone was making their costumes for the night. The girls doing my costume were a bit overexcited with the fun they were having and made me wear a very sily costume, from facial paiting, something i extremely hated at the time, to a hawaian skirt and a painted lemon on the naked torso. They even tried to make me wear a small tanga, to which i then replied they were exagerating with the costume. They awnsered that it was to make me look funny to entice the kids to dance, and i swallowed my pride for them, though i secretly placed yellow boxers to hide the tanga later on. The special girl was there too, helping a different costume, and i noticed some of her "sighs" over my side.

When the dinner came, at the pair choosing i asked her to come with me to dinner, which she nodded. During the dinner, in which some guys threw toasts to their girls, i threw mine along with a poem that surprised everyone (on the positive side, not the negative). Still, she didn't showed any special apretiation for the poem, and the dinner continued while throwing toasts and laughs.

The showtime came, and all were doing their plays and acts. I readied myself in the back, placing the skirt, and painting and the boxers to hide the tanga. And when my time came, i entered and all the kids cheered.

But suddenly, a senior boy (was his last camp before reaching the age limit) came, normally dressed with just his face painted, and began explaining the game instead of myself. I was tempted to throw a tantrum for the lack of trust, but the way he started the event couldn't let me have a chance to explain the injustice that was happening. And as the kids were dancing around and around, the only thing i could do was follosing the flow, while being poked and pinched by the naughtier kids (among them one of my younger brothers...). While the senior was having all the praises and fun part, i was just being the underdog, the jester. I had all the right to invoke my justice and stop the dance, to kick him out, but doing so would surely sadden the kids and kill the night, embarrasing me for the remainder of the night.

And for 5 good minutes, i was completely humiliated, until the dance was over with all the kids happily getting to their seats. As for me, well...i went secretly into the bathroom, crying as i removed all the painting, blurring the lemon on my naked belly.

And on that exact moment, she entered the bathroom.

I was in shock. What was she going to say? At that time, she came to me and gave a big hug, while asking if i was ok. I replied with a fake yes, while trying to clean the tears. She awnsered in an offensive tone why didn't i broke up the whole dance when i had the right, to which i awnsered that the kids were all having fun with it and breaking it would ruin the night. She calmed down, understanding my reason, and gave me a second hug, stronger than the first, without even taking care about the paint in my belly, saying that of all the boys in the camp, i was surely the best of them all.

As we both cleaned the paint, i asked why didn't she wanted to be my girlfriend. She responded she didn't declined me, to which my heart skipped a beat. She then explained that she lived in Lisbon, which was far, far away from where i lived. She tried to date with guys who lived near there so that she could visit them after, but saddly "they were all jerks" who didn't respect her. She then said that she remembers all my attempts to humor her despise all that happened, and expressed her feelings for me: that if we had lived in the same town, she would have asked me after that first boyfriend.

We gave another pure hug, and after removing the costume entirely we both watched the rest of the show together, side by side, but not much hugged as to avoid lovey-dovey drama.

On the following morning, her bus was the first to leave. And as she climbed up the bus' stairs, i asked her address so i could send her a letter after arriving at home. She yelled it at me, and we waved goodbye.

When the bus vanished behind the houses, i was going to my backpack but write it down, but a massive urge to go ot the toilet made me go to the bathroom first. It was a serious surge, due to bad food, and when i was done with the pain my parents already had everything packed up, dragging me to the passenger's seat and driving home. The entire trip was about all the experiences in the camp, and when came the dinner time and i was talking about the girl, my parents asked for the address, to which i replied...

...nothing.

The surge and the whole conversations afterward made me forgot the address, which made me cry for the following week before school would begin again.

My love live afterwards was nearly non-existant. Boy-only college, boyscout life with restrained relations other than friendships, a fat body and a few strange behaviours that most women would rather avoid than to know the golden soul within (and sometimes still glows). That love on the summer camp was the only one i had, at a neglible young age even, and i wished it could have gone different, since nowadays distance barriers are but a thing of the past.

Oh Rita, how i still remember you Sad

Last edited by Gerrion on Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : typos and corrections)
Back to top Go down
LostOne
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
LostOne

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:23 pm

Nice story Gerrion... Boyscout? I'm boyscout too! Probably, it was a boyscouts camping huh? Are you going to ACANAC this year or are you from AEP? Well anyways, about my case, I've been thinking, I still don't know if I tell her right now or not, but if I keep waiting I won't see her about two weeks... If I tell her before, she might think about it, but $%&$&%$ whatever... Probably tell her next week...
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

Off-topic, but yes, i'll be going to ACANAC, as part of the service crew. I knew you were a boyscout too from your greeting post, and from your age i believe you're a Rover (red scarf), so we may meet each other there soon. AWESOME #em2

And as for the girl, you don't have to confess right now. The important thing is to NEVER lose contact with her. Send her a small message every now and then, even if just saying good morning (good morning - and always different - sms are a good strategy sometimes, if you can afford it ofc).
Back to top Go down
LostOne
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
LostOne

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 7:58 pm

Nop... I'm a 4th year pioneer team leader.

About the girl, well I can't really do that, first of all... She uses a different service than me... Well at least she always says good morning to me at school, and I stay like "OOoooooohhh..." But I always say funny things to her on the Internet and even when I'm with her... I'm always calling her an "hamster" because she is little and fluffy! xD
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 8:39 pm

Remembering is good...teaches you a lot.... Smile

Late in day 1 of our trip, we had passed by a large water fountain with lots of coins in it...we each tossed in a quarter and made a wish...of course, you should know what mine was...Alicia's was to know about this 'big secret' I'd been keeping from her...she knew SOMEthing was up, but never put 2 and 2 together.... Very Happy

Day 2, The Magic Kingdom and a date with destiny....

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00710

The day started well, with a brief encounter with Pinocchio only minutes after we'd entered Main Street USA as he scampered past us, looking as if he'd been up to some mischief...turns out he -had- as Geppetto and a Disney Cast Member(as all Disney employees are known) came by moments later, calling after him...they caught him and escorted him out of sight...only for us to see him moments later, apparently having escaped and back on the run.... Wink

Before we reached the central 'hub', which connects Main Street USA to all the themed locations, we stopped at a dessert shop...; what ensued was mind-blowing bliss from what was the greatest ice-cream sundae I've ever eaten...I still get teary-eyed thinking of it...an utterly flawless fusion of ingredients that I dare-say has no equal in dessert anywhere on Earth! ...Alicia couldn't finish hers....so I did. Razz

We reached Cinderella Castle just as a stage show was reaching a key moment; Maleficent the evil witch had Mickey and co. dead to rights when a line from Donald gave Mickey an idea to save the day, which required audience participation...that witch was the source of more than one scary moment from my childhood, and I was determined to NOT leave until some old personal business was settled...; so, thanks to the audience, the day was saved(naturally!), and we moved on to Frontierland!

Alicia loved the Tiki Bird show(if only to see that parrot Iago get massively PWNED by the island gods), we explored Tom Sawyer Island(nearly getting lost on it...this is normal for that place), journeyed on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride(and got slightly wet when I forgot about the little drop-off just before the ships are firing broadsides at each other), took a pass on Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain simply due to their lines, and managed to rest for a bit while we watched the Hall of Presidents, which Alicia very much enjoyed due to the combination of it being a condensed history lesson and the advanced audio animatronics, and saw this:

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00810

This isn't just a look-alike, folks...this bell was cast from the SAME MOLD that created the original Liberty Bell during the American revolution...it is appropriately flanked on all sides by the flags of the original 13 colonies.... Smile

...by the time we reached Fantasyland, Alicia was becoming very uncomfortable with the humidity...New Zealand's humidity is all but non-existent, so Florida was laying the meteorological beatdown on her...fortunately, we were approaching the It's a Small World ride...which gave me the perfect excuse to get her on it...it's nice and cool...so we moved into the line JUST as the clock tolled 4:45....

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00811

The clock there always tolls each 15 minutes with miniature dolls coming out to march in a circle, then retreating back into the clock...I asked her to take the above picture because of this...-and- to mark the time for us to remember...for obvious reasons....

I've always loved this ride(I'm a big kid at heart) and of course, sung along during parts of it, always trying to identify as many of the languages being sung as I could. Razz

Near the end of the ride is a lone doll, dressed in an accurate Maori(native New Zealander) costume flanked on either side by a Kiwi bird bobbing their head up and down...Alicia seemed to approve of the doll's costume, then took one look at the birds and uttered the question, 'Where are it's whiskers?'(Kiwi birds have prominent whiskers on their face), which prompted me to burst out laughing as I thought it to be one of the sweetest, most innocent questions I've ever heard! jocolor

Moments later, we reached the final stage of the ride, where all the dolls are dressed in white and singing roughly in unison...this was the moment I'd planned for 9 months...it all came down to one moment in time....

...only for me to suddenly realize the boat wasn't moving...I glanced ahead and noticed that several boats ahead of us were also stopped in the water-borne equivalent of a traffic jam...

...and in the 5 seconds it took me to realize we were stopped, I also suddenly realized that I'd completely lost my nerve!!! *dramatic chord here*

Everything around me seemed to simply freeze in time as what could only be described as mental armageddon was waged in my mind, with the logical side of my mind saying, 'Flee, you fool, FLEE while you still can...think of some excuse to put this off, surely there's a reason to not do this!'.

The emotional and rational sides of my mind, for once, formed an alliance against logic and basically said, 'Come at us, bro.' Logic replied, 'Challenge Accepted.' affraid

Absolute chaos reigned in my mind for what I would learn was 2 minutes...when the smoke finally cleared, emotion and rationality had won the day, with an utterly shattered logic twitching, Ranma 1/2-style. At the very moment my mind was made up to propose to her...the boats began moving again...a coincidence, perhaps...you decide....

Moments later, I turned to her and said, 'Can I ask you something?'

'Sure?'

*a short pause* '...I don't suppose you'd be interested in spending the rest of your life with me, would you?'

5 seconds pass, then she reacts as I wrote earlier...her mouth initially opened to reply, but all that came out was the most pitiful squeak I'd ever heard, which prompted even louder laughter from me...

...until I noticed that she was still frozen up nearly a minute later...at this point, I began to sweat a bit. O_o

...finally she shook her head like she was coming out of a trance, and I playfully poked her in the shoulder; 'You ok there?' She nods. I grin, 'Weeelllllll?' She manages to shrink up even further but gets out a very faint 'Yes.'

Up next, the aftermath! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 13, 2012 9:51 pm

For SMS messages to keep contact, most IMs can send messages to people's phones. It doesn't cost anything to send a message, but it's also unreliable. And those IM services usually have loads of bots. :\
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 7:16 am

Hmm, true.

The point is that you should avoid long times without contact. Hell, even send her a letter, or leave her a small gift at her mailbox (did that once, didn't worked as expected but it was a nice gesture Smile )

Edit: And i believe you heard angels singing when she said that "yes", eh CapeMike Wink
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:18 am

Gerrion wrote:
Hmm, true.

The point is that you should avoid long times without contact. Hell, even send her a letter, or leave her a small gift at her mailbox (did that once, didn't worked as expected but it was a nice gesture Smile )

Edit: And i believe you heard angels singing when she said that "yes", eh CapeMike Wink

Was more like the complete 'Ode to Joy' movement from Beethoven's 9th Symphony. Wink

More to come shortly!
Back to top Go down
Kirika
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kirika

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 11:37 am

I've had many blunders and stumbles in this topic, but I suppose I'll throw in my last venture out into the game of love =P

I'd met a girl a few years ago in a college class. At the time, we both had significant others, but made fast friends. My current relationship was going down hill, and had been for three years (one of those, "we're together because we are"; kind of things @_@). Regardless, I found myself drawn to this girl. We had much in common, and her apathetic personality charmed me in ways it shouldn't.

Summer came, and I went home for the time, not seeing my new friend for the summer's duration. My current S.O. became jealous at the mention of the girl's existence, though that wasn't the reason for our eventual parting that summer. Back up at the college campus, I rekindled the friendship with the other girl. My now ex had just started up this year, and the two of us were exploring an awkward friendship (awkward in the way that she'd just discovered she liked skinny emo guys, hated everything I liked, and suddenly thought my tastes in the female gender odd, yet was still slightly jealous if I mentioned someone was cute).

I foolishly attempted a few times to introduce the two as friends, hoping to help my ex grow her circle up here in a foreign land. That = mistake >_< Some time after one such meeting, I went to lunch with my friend, and after a few laughs and jokes, I learned that she'd also broken things off with her ex (though he was apparently still car pooling with her, also awkward >_<)

One day after a class; I asked my ex if she minded if I could start dating once more. She looked at me like I was slow, and was like: "I don't care wth you do."

I invited my friend to come with me on a trip a few other friends of mine planned annually, to a geeky anime/manga store. After, we cos played to a Halloween party they'd thrown. Several hours of pitifully thinly veiled attempts to be cuddly latter, I said my goodbys to her in the parking lot.

I walked home, kicking myself. I'd missed so many chances v.v But, I guess I'd been out of the game for a long while, and I didn't even know what side she played for.

I sat in my dorm room, poking a figure I'd bought earlier that day, when she called me, sorta distraught. The person she was supposed to stay with had forgotten, and had locked her out, and she wanted to know if she could stay with me tonight! After leaping for joy at my second chance; I ran down to meet her.

We stayed up for hours, talking about random things. Eventually, she rolled over (we both had 8 ams >_<); and I realized I was missing my new chance... So I asked, with all of my courage, I just sprung it. In the darkness of the room, a quiet "do you wanna go out?". Silence. She'd been talking moments before. I lay there. Silent, not even breathing. I don't know how long I lay there, waiting, hoping, but I eventually passed out. In the morning, she was gone.

The next day, we met for our lunch ritual, and she sat down next to me. We talked and laughed like friends, but I figured that's what we'd remain. She didn't acknowledge last night v.v

In my dorm, she'd followed me back to get the last of her things. Just as she was stepping out my door, I asked weakly; "Hey... did I... overstep my bounds last night?" What happened next will always be clear in my mind, even if the rest of these details fade. She stepped over the piles of books and games strewn across my floor, pushed my shoulders against the dresser behind me, and kissed me with more passion than I'd ever felt in my life.

She'd been trying to show her answer all day >_< At lunch, she'd sat next to me, rather than across from me. She'd been walking a little closer than normal too. I was just too oblivious to notice v.v

It makes me feel even older; but that was back in 07. Eri is still by my side today, and we've been through so much together, fighting and clawing to earn the life we desire. But that's all story for another time. She'll probably kill me for posting all this >_<

Love is an amazing feeling, something I can't imagine myself living a day without it now. Since I've been with Eri, I haven't known such a day ^______^

[sorry for the long rant v.v]
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Good to know that one worked out for you! Smile

It was a strange feeling...knowing that not only had my plan gone as I'd, well...planned...but that it had come off in the best place it could've come off in....

We exited the ride(as I continued to sing 'It's a Small World' in my mind...because now, it was TRUE), and the very first thing I did was to find a nearby Cast Member and ask her if there was anything special I could do for Alicia, seeing what had just happened.

At some point during the story -after- she knew I'd proposed to Alicia, she did something I'm still at a loss to explain...; I'm not a religious person, but I'll swear on any holy book you put in front of me that I'd -never- seen someone move as fast as she did; she's listening attentively to my story, and I blink once as I'm turning my head back towards her...in that single eyeblink, her right arm went from at her side to her belt, grabbing her 2-way radio, and to her face as she began asking for another Cast Member or 2 to come to her about something...which turned out to be -us-! Very Happy

Shortly, Lindsey and Karalea(the 2 young Cast Members who co-signed the 1st certificate) showed up, and I re-told my little story, during which one of them left, returning with the signed certificate and most of the items described above; they also asked us to meet them later that night at the elevator for the Astro Orbiter deck...which of course we would later learn was for the fireworks show!

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00910
(One of the -many- pics taken)

I remember calling my parents and tell them the good news(they were in on it the whole time, and had kept it a secret from Alicia), and then...the next few hours were a blur...I remember nearly none of it...but I -do- know that it was good in a happy, floaty way, with the occasional 'congratulations' coming our way...and in my mind, as we'd been declared honorary royalty for the day, that Magic Kingdom...was OURS! Laughing

The fireworks over, we received our final 'grats' for the day, and began the journey out of the park, as it would be closing for the day soon....

Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Dsc00911
(Next to last pic taken before we left the park gates)

We'd noticed storm-clouds gathering during the fireworks, and, sure enough, less than a minute after we cleared the gates, someone turned on the waterworks up there and we got pretty drenched in our rush to the resort-bus!!

Made it back safely, got something to eat in the resort lobby, and retired for the evening...tired, but in an oh so good way...victory was mine at so very long last...and the trip was still young.... Sleep

Day 3 will find us at Epcot!

Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:35 am

So I dated this guy for a about a year to two years, on an off again. I don't remember the exact amount of time. He was my first boyfriend, so I use to be pretty serious about him.

Shit happened, and eventually he became a drug dealer. I moved on with life, found some other people to date, and was doing well. We kept in contact, I guess, with a text every so often or a short call.

Eventually, senior year came up. I was going to graduate, and remembered he'd always wanted to see me at graduation. Like an idiot, I decided to call him.

Worse. Mistake. Ever.

At first he wasn't coming, which was kinda saddening. I was pretty BT-like in a mindset at that time, anyway. But as I got closer to graduation, I started to attract people that were into me. Or random creepers.

Eventually, it was the week of graduation, and I had met a guy I liked literally two or three days before he called and told me he'd be coming. This annoyed me, because I knew my Mom would bitch about it, and I'd have to explain it to Xeno (from Mabinogi, not CB), the guy I'd just met.

He had to drive from Alabama to Missouri, which I guess he was use to doing, but by the time he arrived it was about...either 11pm or 1am. I was talking to Xeno and a group chat with a guy I use to like.

Shit went down, badddd, as he kept trying to grab the keyboard. Then, later, he saw that I was having fun talking to Xeno, and he got angsty. He then proceeded to write down a hugeass paragraph that basically told me he still loved me.

I didn't believe him, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt, because hey, I'm a sucker like that. I told him I was dating Xeno (which I wasn't, but I really liked Xeno and didn't want to piss him off by doing shit with my ex), and that kinda made him back off.

Or so I thought. Day of graduation, he kept doing all sorts of touchy-feely crap and we couldn't even really talk because it was so awkward and we didn't know what to say. He kept trying to hold my hand and shit, and it was really really awkward. I'd gotten minorly sick from stress (namely from a presentation that I stayed up for an entire week straight trying to finish), and wound up leaning up against him on the ride home from graduation, and kept coughing every so often. We talked a bit, and he was going to go home the next day, but he didn't say what time.

Next day, 9am, he walks into my room. I woke up to the sound of the door, and was half-dressed and my leg was sticking out from under the covers. He walks over, squeezes my ass, which causes me to wake up completely, and he lies about just trying to cover my leg up. He then says he's leaving, causing me to frown.. My Mom then walks by, and sees that I'm half dressed, and glares at me.

I got dressed fully and walked him back to the car, my Mom glaring at me all the way as I left the driveway.

That was the most awkward goodbye ever. The entire thing was really awkward in general, especially him continually trying to hold my hand and shit. x__x;

VVVV What was the most awkward part about it was that my Mom kept acting like we were fucking every time she was out of sight.

Last edited by Suki_Eve on Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 15, 2012 4:58 am

@Gerrion

The ending made me really sad. You're a wonderful guy, but a lot of people are superficial. You wouldn't want to attract someone like that, anyways. You deserve someone better.

@CapeMike

Wow, it worked out wonderfully! The entire trip seemed like a godsend.

@Kirika

Very happy to read your story, as well. I hope your retain your cherished memories forever.

@Suki

Aw, shit. You learned from this experience, at least. But ugh, crazy ex's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love! Love! Love!   Love! Love! Love! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Love! Love! Love!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next