Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-lag system

Go down 
+51
DarkChuky
VeryMelon
boytitan2
ywxiao
IcyAmiki
falcon1
Klinkin
AzureRathalos
ubersum1
That_Wiesel_Guy
rei_hunter
halcyon
DavidRain
NotZetsubou
Malphes
PhoenixAir
Neftie
Moghul
Kobrakai
Pattimura
Turkeysaur
FreedomFighter
Nymph~
CapeMike
God is a Cat Girl
fhoeng
centralheating
Wisp
Rinrin
Dr_Stein
Stickboy
Retrias
Reversal
Arusu
Kirika
ziix
NovaZero
SilverySil
Reinel
Midreus
Phyress
Gurren_Mk2
rawrz
Segawa
reVelske
LordShade
fggt
xzpwnz
Aria
SkyPanic
nzlk
55 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

Anti-lag system - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 7:57 am

Aria wrote:
Stickboy wrote:
As a lagger, anti-lag system makes me twitching and teleporting around. But!

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t5317-guide-anti-connection-lag-sort-of

I didn't twitch, and this works well for me~ I love you, Aria~ #em3

YOu owe me lotsa RT #em3

I am happy too aria, your guide saved my arse
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 8:45 am

>Ivis
>Full HP
>Against Ouka
>Half HP
-Before Patch
Ivis kills Ouka!
-After Patch
Wtf killed me?

Well that was my situation back a while ago.
Least my connection to JP is stable, but i wont be able to fly airs for a while, or go on melee suicides........... (Gotta config my Hatigarm ASLT as well meh)
Haven't tested EN, but i'm sure it'd be
>Graphical Lag
>Connection Lag
>Altitude Drop
>Shit hitting you, without graphically being hit.
>and Staggering Movements.

This is kinda shitty when the game 'really' lags.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:26 am

Anti-lag system - Page 5 49838939

effing teleporting D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 9:42 am

Anti-lag system - Page 5 49839558Anti-lag system - Page 5 1571128413
Guess i'm fine.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 11:37 am

raznazn wrote:
Spoiler:
Guess i'm fine.
until u test to san francisco
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:55 pm

Testing to San Fran results from Chattanooga, TN....

Anti-lag system - Page 5 49850322

Anti-lag system - Page 5 1571482726

No problems yet here since patch....
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 12:59 pm

I don't see the problem for people with sub 300 ping actually, I have high 300s ping, I don't lag .... I think
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 1:28 pm

Anti-lag system - Page 5 49852442
Would probably be better if I wasn't tethering off lolAT&T
Back to top Go down
ubersum1

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:44 pm

ping to LA servers: 149
jitter: 1
lag: i now have it. to clarify, i had 0 lag before, and now i teleport.
sensicals: 0
Back to top Go down
AzureRathalos
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
AzureRathalos

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:55 pm

Report from last night:
-Fuerza_Latina members teleport a bit, but their lagshields are down. Still a bit of a challenge to kill since a good number of them have a tendency to use High HP melee units with a minimum of 3 shields.
-Indo_For_Revenge have not been spotted in their usual high numbers. I encountered a few of them in Arena and can confirm that their lagshields are down. They teleport more than F_L members, but you can hit them for sure. The bastards who talk big are hiding like the cowards that they really are. HUNT THEM DOWN.
-βμττενξζγ members still lag like beasts and teleport. The lagshields are still present, but they are weakened. You can actually hit them and they will take damage. Encountered a member running around with a Kuten Jikun Long. Walked right through direct hits from my Vanguard (though the player at least DIED LATER) and killed allied ARTs I had tried to defend.
Back to top Go down
Klinkin
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Klinkin

Male Posts : 227

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 4:27 pm

Well, CB's new system definitely has room for improvement, but it seems to be helping somewhat. I think some of the laggers have been scared away, since the risk of a loss of control can be very scary. I still see the occasional bot teleporting into the ground, but only with bots that have some sort of teleport ability (mostly Jikuns), and not with fencers anymore. I can occasionally see what look like bots that the server's moving (presumably to avoid lagporting).

A question about the new system: if you lag, move while lagging, and the server attempts to move you normally while you lag but guesses wrong (that is, the server moves you somewhere and you moved somewhere else in your client), when the server has to reconcile your position with your client, does it use the client position or the server position?
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Klinkin wrote:
Well, CB's new system definitely has room for improvement, but it seems to be helping somewhat. I think some of the laggers have been scared away, since the risk of a loss of control can be very scary. I still see the occasional bot teleporting into the ground, but only with bots that have some sort of teleport ability (mostly Jikuns), and not with fencers anymore. I can occasionally see what look like bots that the server's moving (presumably to avoid lagporting).

A question about the new system: if you lag, move while lagging, and the server attempts to move you normally while you lag but guesses wrong (that is, the server moves you somewhere and you moved somewhere else in your client), when the server has to reconcile your position with your client, does it use the client position or the server position?

Server I think.

Yesterday after a lag spike (which quite a few people had), the game rolled be back to the same position 3 times (and died because of that), and it was a position where I never been to during the whole match, but it was in the direction from where I was running towards before I turned right after the spike.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:12 pm

Will hunt down indofags when c21en CBT ends, bet there's a greater deal of WIZ players wanting to do that, kinda a shame there's no union & union vs union.

Wonder if faggots will keep rolling their crappy dual shields hopmateus and clusters
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 10:17 pm

Turkeysaur wrote:
Will hunt down indofags when c21en CBT ends, bet there's a greater deal of WIZ players wanting to do that, kinda a shame there's no union & union vs union.

Wonder if faggots will keep rolling their crappy dual shields hopmateus and clusters

They do. But now they hide behind the pillars and spam the subweapon. The moment that they notice that you are looking at them, they run as fast as they can! XDDD
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:12 am

IndoLagAbusers are now at the back of the pact after the patch ._.
Back to top Go down
falcon1
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
falcon1

Male Posts : 800

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:25 am

Aria wrote:

It's not stopping them from using lag profiting robots though. Mad
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 3:30 am

falcon1 wrote:
Aria wrote:

It's not stopping them from using lag profiting robots though. Mad

Well I did blast their kuten in pointblank range with EVE 16 hours ago and they're NOT MOVING AT ALL ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 6:12 am

To all people who hate the anti-lag system.
Have a look in this thread.
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=6020
Back to top Go down
ubersum1

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 7:42 am

LXE, while I agree with some of your points, you can't really ask them to upgrade their servers. This is the only MMO I know that averages 300 people online at a time, mainly thanks to gameplay.

CB is niche, style and content wise. It's an FPS with differing bullet speeds, majority homing bullets, massive health bars, and completely different stats based on farming/upgrading body parts. You can't skillfully headshot people - you just sort of spam a great deal of bullets in the other team's general direction. I'm not saying this is a skilless game, it just requires a different kind of skill. Also it's only ever fun in battles of huge teams, comprised as they are of people you usually don't know. Garapon is firmly aimed at a certain type of player. It's not appealing to most to have to spend tons of money with the prospect of small returns (cash shops in other games give you what you pay for).

Because the game's not mainstream enough, the devs don't have any real incentive to go about upgrading/getting more servers. It's not as if a perfect lag-killing system will bring in more players either. It would probably be for the best just to get rid of this new system. I agree with a lot of your points - I'm now teleporting everywhere for God knows why.

Anyway, these are just the opinions of a very casual player; feel free to retort.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 9:22 am

Rinrin wrote:

until u test to san francisco

Anti-lag system - Page 5 49902341Anti-lag system - Page 5 1573047731
Lowered a bit but still will be fine.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 1:34 pm

Hating anti-lag are usually the people that lags themselves. >_> As much as the patch renders me from playing from my dorm often, I just take the option to play at home, where there is no latency issues and lags. (I do lag from time to time in my dorm, just take another option to play elsewhere, where things are better).

In a way, I'm against the removal of the anti-lag. Since it makes hitting derpy seraph, troll MBG and such much more easier especially when they're having lag-shield.

So, w/e Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:06 pm

I'm still all in favor of the anti-lag system myself(sorry LXE, you know me!)...so far, my biggest issue with it being that it's forced me to mentally re-calculate the exact moment I can bust out a Bugsy-shield to stop melee-spammers in their tracks...and it's not easy doing this now, especially since the -good- ones have gotten wise to my game-play style and started after me with the longer ranged melee weapons! Very Happy

It needs tweaking, I will readily admit, but it's definitely a step in the right direction...; I've seen a HUGE drop-off in the number of lag-warping melee-spammers, and haven't seen a single Seraph spamming tackle since!
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 pm

lol, it's not anti-lag system in anyway
they should rename this as anti-lagger system
it's easier for my melee to hit now lol!
although when they put treshold on 300ms, i can't play at all =.=
too many jitter on my ISP
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 am

Nymph~ wrote:

Jitters can be avoided by "forcing" packets to send immediately.
Back to top Go down
Nymph~
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Nymph~

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 EmptySat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 am

orz, i give up
that commandline hurts me
I don't really need it anyway, it's just my friends suffer from this patch greathly
Aria wrote:
Nymph~ wrote:

Jitters can be avoided by "forcing" packets to send immediately.
meh, jitter only means our line unstable. mostly because noise (bad cable/etc) or old hardware
jitter is variance of ping, if we have 200 ms ping and 50 ms jitter, that's mean our ping is 150-250ms (correct me if i wrong)

Last edited by Nymph~ on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anti-lag system   Anti-lag system - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-lag system
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next