Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Outrage as Fia gets banned.

Go down 
+44
necrio
boytitan2
SkyPanic
Moghul
That_Wiesel_Guy
Mew
Squishy
Rinrin
Rynex
rehpic
fhoeng
frizky
ziix
NoizeGT
Aurum_Sol
IcyAmiki
NovaZero
Puddin'
Turkeysaur
Kobrakai
lucc132
Suguri
Yokura
Nilla
fggt
Reversal
BNOISE
God is a Cat Girl
Tuskin
Stickboy
Aria
xzpwnz
mikuri
bippusuta
Midreus
Retrias
God of Fails
Trill
subzero1112
DarkChuky
LordShade
Zero_unit
yilx
Astral_Dono
48 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Outrage as Fia gets banned. Empty
PostSubject: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 pm

Have you ever wanted to answer the phone and you don't want to be kicked out of the room? There is a way of doing this and that is to just hold down spacebar and let your bot bob up and down. Apparently this is what some people claimed that Fia was doing just that, because she was trying to talk on the phone. I do not know the integrity of this information, but some people say that she was actually botting.

Here's the topic on site's forum - http://www.cosmicbreak.com/community/forum/topic/5902

EDIT - The link is broken because the thread has been deleted.

What do you think of this?

Last edited by LXE on Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:48 pm

I read that post 30 minutes ago, and I felt like creating a topic about it, but I'd figured it'd be pointless since I thought there were a lot of people who already saw the post.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 pm

Astral_Goddess wrote:
I read that post 30 minutes ago, and I felt like creating a topic about it, but I'd figured it'd be pointless since I thought there were a lot of people who already saw the post.
There's still a lot of people who haven't.
Back to top Go down
yilx
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
yilx

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:51 pm

I CANNOT CONTAIN MY RAGE ANY FURTHER

I NEED TO BREAK SOMETHING GOD DAMN IT CS
Back to top Go down
Zero_unit
Zero_unit

Male Posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:54 pm

Well since some one has been banned for that kind of shit, I won't be surprised if there is another innocent player that will face the same fate.

Come to think of it how come GaiDaiGoji was never banned? A lot of people reported him, plus some has those video evidence.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:55 pm

inb4 I get banned for "botting" because I'm cooking for my family tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 10:59 pm

We summoned Tempura to IRC :3c
Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:00 pm

just don't bot... that is all.. no matter the source botting is botting... if he was on a call he was botting and bad luck, a GM got him!

My cousing was banned (in another game) when we were recording a video, but the GM believes we were abusing... I know how he feels but unfortunately that is botting (in a very low profile bu it's)
Back to top Go down
subzero1112
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
subzero1112

Male Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:01 pm

when you see a player who happens to be a circle, and plays as good as Vyolets or Astral_God and plays for extensive hours without breaks, then you know its a bot.

what Cyberstep sees is a player whos gonna spend a lot of money on RT.

but when you see a player bobbing up and you know its just a player whose needs to be AFK for a while

what Cyberstep sees: "OMG ITS BOBBING!!!!!!11! ROBOTS DON'T BOB!211|! HAXORZ WEMMA BAN YOU!!!@!@!!112!
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:03 pm

snippit from IRC right now

+LordShade> Tempura breaking his own rules
Memento_Mori> Intentional AFKing/botting: Warning > 1 week ban > 1 month ban > Permaban
+LordShade> derp
&GM-Tempura> the rules also say that they're only guidlines
Choja> You may have been ousted on this one.
&GM-Tempura> and not to quote them
* Memento_Mori facepalms
Choja> Wellllllll what's the point of them then
SaikyouNoKaze> Hehehe
Nials> so yeah
* +LordShade falls over in his chair
Nials> why post these rules?
&GM-Tempura> guidelines
Nials> or call them rules at all?
* Miie facedesks
Nials> what is a rule in that thing?
Nials> what is a guideline?
Eiki> Tempura are there any rules?

Tempura breaking his own rules, and then pulling the 'guidelines' excuse, pfft.

also apparently if you take screenshots of people teampillaring and send to cyberstep you can get banned for 1 week as well. this is news.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:07 pm

subzero1112 wrote:
when you see a player who happens to be a circle, and plays as good as Vyolets or Astral_God and plays for extensive hours without breaks, then you know its a bot.

but when you see a player bobbing up and you know its just a player whose needs to be AFK for a while

what Cyberstep sees: "OMG ITS BOBBING!!!!!!11! ROBOTS DON'T BOB!211|! HAXORZ WEMMA BAN YOU!!!@!@!!112!

Someone obviously doesnt get what botting is. Botting in games where AI is somewhat retarded is easy, as the motions needed to be made are repetitive and general. The complicity of each map combined with the randomness of each fight makes it highly unlikely that a bot could keep up in CB. Botting in CB is more common where they simply hold the space bar(through a macro or through physically holding it down with something) to coast through games for either EXP or cubes.

Fia does neither ofc, and I feel its not right for such a severe punishment over a one time offense, while several hundreds of players bot daily and are left unscathed.
Back to top Go down
God of Fails
God of Fails

Female Posts : 56
Location : Earth ( Note : I hardly check Community and Fan Forum for anything. )

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:08 pm

Seriously, she was just there in arena been quiet and playing ninja around. She only talk went is necessary and reply back.

There is no proof of Fia botting, CyberStep action are very suspicious now.

Fia is a Innocent Chibi.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Sooooo, Just because someone doesn't speak in the match,,, they are botting?
Back to top Go down
subzero1112
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
subzero1112

Male Posts : 138

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:12 pm

Trill wrote:
subzero1112 wrote:

Someone obviously doesnt get what botting is. Botting in games where AI is somewhat retarded is easy, as the motions needed to be made are repetitive and general. The complicity of each map combined with the randomness of each fight makes it highly unlikely that a bot could keep up in CB. Botting in CB is more common where they simply hold the space bar(through a macro or through physically holding it down with something) to coast through games for either EXP or cubes.

Fia does neither ofc, and I feel its not right for such a severe punishment over a one time offense, while several hundreds of players bot daily and are left unscathed.
My understanding of is that getting an AI to play the game for you while you relax, but I'm thinking now that these are only for MMORPGs right?
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Retrias wrote:

oshit

unless i'm playing as carrigan i never speak in global or member chat

someone halp i'm gonna get banzor'd ;_;

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, technically speaking placing an object on your spacebar would be considered a macro (a tool that automates certain actions), not a bot (an AI designed to play the game for you)

Last edited by Midreus on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
God of Fails
God of Fails

Location : Earth ( Note : I hardly check Community and Fan Forum for anything. )

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:15 pm

LordShade wrote:
also apparently if you take screenshots of people teampillaring and send to cyberstep you can get banned for 1 week as well. this is news.
Seriously? We try to report them and both of US get banned?

Last edited by God of Fails on Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Midreus wrote:
Retrias wrote:

oshit

unless i'm playing as carrigan i never speak in global or member chat

someone halp i'm gonna get banzor'd ;_;

EDIT: If I'm not mistaken, technically speaking placing an object on your spacebar would be considered a macro (a tool that automates certain actions), not a bot (an AI designed to play the game for you)

then again as carrigan , the antic we do......
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:23 pm

Do nothing, receive endless complaints.
Take action against suspicious activity, receive endless complaints.

People are just blinded by mindless Fia fanboy-ism. No matter how you look at it, standing in place holding space bar for extended periods of time is generally considered `botting.' Should Fia be unbanned? Probably, seeing as she doesn't consistently do this. Was some form of punishment deserved? Definitely.

What's so bad about afking out of a match anyway?
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:32 pm

If it was a legit ban, OK. I don't know who to trust in here, but if it was an accident because the person happenned to be busy IRL (on the phone?) then it's really not a good ending.

And since they never ban OBVIOUS botters, this makes it worst than anything.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:37 pm

I don't care
I'm not in the position to speak
And neither are any of you
bippusuta wrote:
People are just blinded by mindless Fia fanboy-ism.
Thank you
People are blowing this out of proportion
If she wants to be unbanned all she needs is one advocate translator and submit a ticket

Last edited by xzpwnz on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Aria
Master Poster
Master Poster
Aria

Male Posts : 2859

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:40 pm

What the Fuck?!

They blocked Fia for that?

Fuck you CS! Let her account be "free" GOD DAMN IT

mikuri wrote:
IAnd since they never ban OBVIOUS botters, this makes it worst than anything.

Kyeon is an example which I've already reported like 4x and CS never give a fuck.
Back to top Go down
God of Fails
God of Fails

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:41 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
I don't care
I'm not in the position to speak
And neither are any of you
I hate to admit it, but xz is right.
No matter what we try, we can't bring back Fia.
I hate seeing Fia been banned for botting but no proof of it.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:44 pm

I want to find that guy who reported her right now...
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:46 pm

That means they have evidence and did their job. Otherwise that person can appeal the ban
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 11:53 pm

I'd rather have 5 botters on my team, than 5 laggers on the enemy's team.

Did any lagger ever got banned for dishonest play?
Did anyone ever got banned for abusing bugs on certain maps? (fooling around on epoch before the match starts is okay [as long as they get out when it starts], but when people go underground with lnds to have the upper hand... And yes, I've seen people doing that, and their rank wasn't that low either.)

I still see people botting day and night, but nothing is done anyway.
Banning someone who probably didn't even did as much as well known botters did, doesn't even make an example. Well, it does make an example, of how badly they run the game.

Edit: I guess that CS is at the same tier as Gaia Online. They ban you for botting when you use 2 tabs. 1 to keep update with one thread, and another to go somewhere else. Since you are refreshing the first page once in a while, they ban you for botting. Permaban.
Some years ago I somehow ended up there, and that's how I got banned. But after I emailed them they let me in again, though I never really went back again (and even had a second account XD). Shit sucked anyway.

Last edited by God is a Cat Girl on Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Outrage as Fia gets banned.   Outrage as Fia gets banned. Empty

Back to top Go down

Outrage as Fia gets banned.
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next