Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best melee player in CBEN?

Go down 
+46
Turkeysaur
Kecepirit
Trill
Senhime
(´・ω・`)
NovaZero
boytitan2
lucc132
darboy
Aurum_Sol
FenixStryk
dsp
TaeTae
Kurt
Nisa
RaiJin
Demonbane
Kitouski
Kaosuseki
Intet
rei_hunter
Raven
Hellenisti
fggt
Fireflywater
bippusuta
Seele00
ziix
xzpwnz
CapeMike
Milistaier
Verafice
BNOISE
reVelske
FreedomFighter
yilx
Stickboy
Puddin'
Lyala
fhoeng
NotZetsubou
LordShade
lwllw
Suguri
knyx
wetpacks
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 9:21 pm

CapeMike wrote:
YOU try missing a Red Squealer point blank punch on an immobilized large bot! Embarassed
Been there done that.
ziix wrote:
LXE Embarassed
I can't even best 0CryBaby0 in my clan on most maps in Union Wars, what makes you think that I'm the best? Shocked
bippusuta wrote:
Fia, playing ninja melee on a bot without broad radar at least means he's observant and knows map traffic.
Fia is a GIRL
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:09 pm

That one player who uses a Vanguard Fencer without going Overdrive Spasm all the time.

Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:17 pm

bippusuta wrote:
This question is dumb. It's like asking who is the best Nicole Malice or Aquila Girl player. Melee is all build, individual skill is at a minimum. I mean the main point of most melee is to get other people to shoot, you how much skill can it really take.

This.
1vs1 will be best way to know who has better skill, but almost all melee players i saw are in union war.
Anyway, fearful ninja - Fia, many players now follow his way; fearful fat melee - Asu's Hammer and Bipp's B.C.
Back to top Go down
Hellenisti
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Hellenisti

Male Posts : 184

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:43 pm

tggt wrote:
1vs1 will be best way to know who has better skill

lolno.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:50 pm

Hellenisti wrote:
tggt wrote:
lolno.
Reason why 1 vs 1 doesn't settle Melee skill

1. PVP in Union Wars requires tactics, strategy and overall planning
2. In 1 vs 1, you don't require any of that, just kill your opponent
3. Stealth is part of the skill in Union Wars
4. Stealth is useless in 1 vs 1 battles
5. In Union wars, you have medics to heal you
6. In 1 vs 1 you don't

See? 1 vs 1 does not determine real skill in actual combat.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:58 pm

LXE wrote:

Though this point is invalid 90% of the time. Need more medics, yo.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:03 pm

LXE wrote:
Fia is a GIRL

WAT DA FUQ.

LXE still best in melee Embarassed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:05 pm

Raven wrote:
LXE wrote:

Though this point is invalid 90% of the time. Need more medics, yo.
For me, I see loads of medics, but sometimes I just don't see them.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:10 pm

in JP, they have a lot of Suicidal Melees in the upper rooms, but now they're repairing Melee Units (Like KBTKaiser's Beetlander Extreme and "T-REX" Daedalian Jet Hammer) and also giving them ammo for their weapons (Ie for again examples, Bazooka+Beetlander HD and Handy+JetHammer ammo)

Which is the main reason why JP WIZ's Melees lasts the entire match. JP DOS though still suicide melees because their healers and ammo givers are... UC Options (Laz-chans) and arent really equipped for surviving those high level rooms.

In EN however, nobody wants to be a Large Melee because of the reason of Aquilla Girls (And maybe Assraiders). There's an abundant amount of healers, but sadly they dont know how to "Dance" or actually use the right set of Chibis.

But i have to say the best melee is Asukuu.

oh right... fia's a ninja, not a melee type. Deserves the Great Fighting Spirit more than Swordmaster imo.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:19 pm

LXE wrote:
Hellenisti wrote:
tggt wrote:
lolno.

6. In 1 vs 1 you don't

Combat Intelligence != Combat Skill

Take basketball for example... Kobe Bryant might be the most skillful player, but he got nothing on Jason Kidd when speaking of basketball intelligence.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:21 pm

No one wants be a large melee cause you're always first to be targeted based on bot size alone. People shoot at you cause your just easier to hit. Unless you have the mobility to make up for the bulk, you get shredded.
Back to top Go down
bippusuta
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
bippusuta

Male Posts : 163

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:43 pm

fhoeng wrote:
Combat Intelligence != Combat Skill

This is exactly what I meant. Melee in and of itself takes absolutely zero skill at all no matter what you're using. All of it is homing and just right click spamming. Now knowing when the best time to go in or who to target is skill but it's just general game knowledge and experience that all bots need in order to not completely suck.

Intet wrote:
No one wants be a large melee cause you're always first to be targeted based on bot size alone. People shoot at you cause your just easier to hit. Unless you have the mobility to make up for the bulk, you get shredded.

This is why you tune Tgh and CV and take carts like Stun Regain. J-ham and Daedalian AM2 and other big melee weapons aren't really meant to cause tons of damage but rush in and cause lots of disruption and be threatening enough that they draw all the fire and then allies can shoot without having to worry about getting shot at. Unfortunately very few people in EN realize this.
Back to top Go down
fggt
Flat chests are JUSTICE!
fggt

Male Posts : 5770

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:05 am

LXE wrote:

6. In 1 vs 1 you don't

In pvp:
1. U hav ur comrades to protect u from other melee.
2. Ags or many airs may kill u before u can do anything.
3. Almost every frags u take are from arties. I saw a lot of players do very good in team, but suck in 1vs1.
Back to top Go down
Kaosuseki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:46 am

I'd nominate myself but I still suck ridiculously hard at this game lol!
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:04 am

LXE wrote:
Hellenisti wrote:
tggt wrote:
lolno.

6. In 1 vs 1 you don't

I thought this would be a reason why 1v1 IS a good gauge. Though the other points are valid.

Really it's just speculation on who's good at playing melee builds, other then that it can't really be put to a number so determining an actual best is silly. Who you think the best is from your personal opinion would be a more appropriate label for this thread.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:06 am

It could also be "who has the most money to make the best build" (tuned and what not).
Back to top Go down
Demonbane
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Demonbane

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:20 am

>Heard repair spam on radio
>rush back
>head radar broke
>can't find healer Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:29 am

Intet wrote:
ppusuta"

[quote="Intet"]No one wants be a large melee cause you're always first to be targeted based on bot size alone. People shoot at you cause your just easier to hit. Unless you have the mobility to make up for the bulk, you get shredded.

This is why you tune Tgh and CV and take carts like Stun Regain. J-ham and Daedalian AM2 and other big melee weapons aren't really meant to cause tons of damage but rush in and cause lots of disruption and be threatening enough that they draw all the fire and then allies can shoot without having to worry about getting shot at. Unfortunately very few people in EN realize this.
Understandable, and something that is fairly well known already, but not everyone has the weapons, or the mats to tune up one of these bots. For the effort you need to assemble one (hard plates, and CV is very resource draining on a failure), you can put together at least 2 other bots that while they don't fill the same role, still perform well. If you didn't get a weapon suitable for these kinds of build your out of luck.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:36 am

tggt wrote:
LXE wrote:

6. In 1 vs 1 you don't

In pvp:
1. U hav ur comrades to protect u from other melee.
2. Ags or many airs may kill u before u can do anything.
3. Almost every frags u take are from arties. I saw a lot of players do very good in team, but suck in 1vs1.

Me.

Failure at 1vs1 here

But I'm pretty good at helping teammates and causing disruptions.

Cosmicbreak isn't even built for 1vs1 anyway.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:13 am

A good melee player is someone who knows how to spam fire pillars and tornados and cause a ton of disruption within enemy lines and then managing to get their bots out of there and live.

A bad melee player is someone who charges in and suicides til they get a million frags and then die - BT.

In any case - the melee player who is gonna get the highest score in the game and gonna win 1v1 the most is the bad melee player - BT.

Though, the good melee play style is how CS expects you to play in a team game. You aren't gonna get very far cause suiciders always get higher scores from getting a ton of contribution and more frags.

So basically all the high ranking sword master getting melee players in CB are bad melee players.
Except they always call themselves good cause they get good ranks.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Kitouski

Male Posts : 1054

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:27 am

BNOISE wrote:
A good melee player is someone who knows how to spam fire pillars and tornados and cause a ton of disruption within enemy lines and then managing to get their bots out of there and live.

A bad melee player is someone who charges in and suicides til they get a million frags and then die - BT.

In any case - the melee player who is gonna get the highest score in the game and gonna win 1v1 the most is the bad melee player - BT.

Though, the good melee play style is how CS expects you to play in a team game. You aren't gonna get very far cause suiciders always get higher scores from getting a ton of contribution and more frags.

So basically all the high ranking sword master getting melee players in CB are bad melee players.
Except they always call themselves good cause they get good ranks.
^ Not necessarily all of it, but a lot of that.

Points really don't mean crap in this game anymore. A healer that was the main difference between one team and another, is consistent, hands out items people need and is healing nearly all the time won't even see top 5. A suicidal player with 3 Vanguards who dies once for every 1~2 people he kills will, even though he's crushing his teams BR by getting a quick build up of points and then dying.

Actually, if I were to vote for someone whom I think is really good at playing melee based classes it would be Fia. He/she really knows there way around and picks of stragglers without being suicidal. I usually evade him/her easily but I have a bitch of a time killing em and he/she has no trouble killing some others, that's my idea of good "suicidal" play. Slipping in and out of the frontlines without dying like a tardfish by seeing how much you can hit with your right-click spam. Charging face first for massive damage with the intentions of dying is just silly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kito.winterwing.com

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 am

If anybody wants a person to 1 vs 1 melee against, I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 2:58 am

If I have Ouka...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 3:18 am

Welp, Suicide rushing (worst move for melee bots) in Epoch Battle works.
Last Epoch Battle...:
Back to top Go down
RaiJin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 4:11 am

i say ZOL and his Ouka

and we should have a melee tourny, sounds like a lot of fun for my VFs :3
i would have said me but im a Vanguard fanatic who banzai charges like there's no tomorrw -w- still get a score 2x-4x higher than cost though owo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best melee player in CBEN?
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next