Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best melee player in CBEN?

Go down 
+46
Turkeysaur
Kecepirit
Trill
Senhime
(´・ω・`)
NovaZero
boytitan2
lucc132
darboy
Aurum_Sol
FenixStryk
dsp
TaeTae
Kurt
Nisa
RaiJin
Demonbane
Kitouski
Kaosuseki
Intet
rei_hunter
Raven
Hellenisti
fggt
Fireflywater
bippusuta
Seele00
ziix
xzpwnz
CapeMike
Milistaier
Verafice
BNOISE
reVelske
FreedomFighter
yilx
Stickboy
Puddin'
Lyala
fhoeng
NotZetsubou
LordShade
lwllw
Suguri
knyx
wetpacks
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:06 pm

If you can't win with just pure melee, I suggest hanging out with "THE SUGURI"
Spoiler:
PS - Ouka is his waifu
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 6:26 pm

-That's- a scary pair of bots there, LXE....

...I won't even field a bot unless it's got at least one ranged option(not counting wonderbits, and with the one exception of my alt account Mighty Byne with Kamui staff))...mostly because my utter lack of melee skill has gotten to the point to where I've become 'melee shy'(like being gun shy)...I'm actually -scared- to get into melee range of an opponent, which explains why you see me freak and run when anything gets close to me.... Sad
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 pm

What about Feirts' Connie Sheriff? :O? or Project X? :O? dont those two deserve some uplift? Very Happy?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:19 pm

hmm, give Connie big body LGJ, MASSIVE GBA hit radius?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:24 pm

Its BD Melee. So yes.

I love the way you think XD
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Buff her bust size too.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 7:39 pm

I should make a macro to endlessly spam #em3

When or if I get my Ouka, I'm going for purple teir boost run <3

EDIT: Was reading a few pages back without realizing.

Oh well :v Either way, I feel like melee is 70% build based, 20% skill based, and 10% luck based.

Luck as in you get lucky enough to stumble apon a few fat arts to net you in the top 10 guarenteed.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Quote :
Luck as in you get lucky enough to stumble apon a few fat arts to net you in the top 10 guarenteed.

thats called broad radar or for bots without the cart aviable its called perception

believe it or not, it is rather easy to plan the battles for a skilled player (well you dont even need to be skilled but with all the retards running around in circles im on the safer side calling it "skill" >.> )
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:04 pm

This thread is pointless.

Some ppl are gona say its bot based and automatically exclude all so called op melee makes thread pointless.

I say so called cause melee would be fucked if ppl played cben right =(.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 8:13 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
This thread is pointless.

Some ppl are gona say its bot based and automatically exclude all so called op melee makes thread pointless.

I say so called cause melee would be fucked if ppl played cben right =(.

of course its bot based,

if you have the option to do a viable hunting and ambushing build on a bot but your going to suicide instead you are plainly not good, maybe a good suicider, but that doesnt mean good player
and just because you go ambushing and hunting doesnt mean you are good either, it depends on how succesful you are with what you do and which targets you choose (simply killing the repairbit with an ouka sword projectile can solve many problems without risking death, many people would just run into the pile, not seeing that winbell that pop up more often again [at least in my games ._.] and die without doing shit)

and i wouldnt actually put the building of the bot into another category, since building is part of the skill, the bot must fit your own playstyle else you will suck with it
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:09 pm

Being a good player is reflected in your 1v1 performance, how you do when you're against a horde of circles under a PS doesn't represent how good of a player you are at all.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm

knyx wrote:
Being a good player is reflected in your 1v1 performance, how you do when you're against a horde of circles under a PS doesn't represent how good of a player you are at all.
With melee though, there's a lot of imbalance in 1v1 matchups though. The stunlock potential, range, speed, and other gimmicks (whether or not the bot can use shields, among other things) means a lot of melee matches are pretty one-sided.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 9:31 pm

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:
With melee though, there's a lot of imbalance in 1v1 matchups though. The stunlock potential, range, speed, and other gimmicks (whether or not the bot can use shields, among other things) means a lot of melee matches are pretty one-sided.

Of course, you have to take bot tiers into account, you're not going Katana Max against a VF here.

Obv Max wins.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 pm

latency plays a big part.

reason why ether would never be a top-tier melee.
just sayin.
Back to top Go down
Senhime
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Senhime

Male Posts : 563

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyTue Jul 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Use shop Pawnger with Short Sword to decide who is better Wink
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:56 am

Bippu is the only melee who I'm frantically afraid of because I can't tell the way that Dae AM works around. Other than that, I don't have anyone else in mind because 95% of CBen melee users are generic vanguard spammers and teleporters who somehow catches up with high mobility bots in their <32 WLK LNDs.
Back to top Go down
Adius
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Adius

Male Posts : 318

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:42 am

successful melee user = high spender (not only does it requires a lot of rt to spin for bots but the tuning requires slot protectors)

melee without tunes = a dead melee

... one of the reasons why ppl like vanguards so much is because it packs a punch right off the bat without requiring a lot of tuning...

i guess you can get lucky and get a daeAM2 from a ro cube and keep trying to cv tune a red squealer leg using uc harmonics only... maybe that might work...

or of course u can just be super lucky and get a kuten jikun with a 1x spin and some how manage to do all the tunes without slot protectors

but we all know cb isnt that generous ... right guys Wink
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 am

Turkeysaur wrote:
Bippu is the only melee who I'm frantically afraid of because I can't tell the way that Dae AM works around. Other than that, I don't have anyone else in mind because 95% of CBen melee users are generic vanguard spammers and teleporters who somehow catches up with high mobility bots in their <32 WLK LNDs.

U get close to dae am bots no matter what melee u are. Even if u vangaurd u get close to them and melee the fu.ck outa em. And to get around k shield u. Im not telling u anymore nvm U.U
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:55 am

Adius wrote:
successful melee user = high spender (not only does it requires a lot of rt to spin for bots but the tuning requires slot protectors)

... one of the reasons why ppl like vanguards so much is because it packs a punch right off the bat without requiring a lot of tuning...

i guess you can get lucky and get a daeAM2 from a ro cube and keep trying to cv tune a red squealer leg using uc harmonics only... maybe that might work...

or of course u can just be super lucky and get a kuten jikun with a 1x spin and some how manage to do all the tunes without slot protectors

but we all know cb isnt that generous ... right guys Wink

Why the hell does everyone use squealer legs

Baltheon is ronery :<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:04 am

Adius wrote:
Not necessarily true, I've done Air melee with MJG and I could survive most of the time (until TBG came out). Plus MBG can perform without tunes.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:52 am

It's expensive to play airs and land melee
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:54 am

xzpwnz wrote:
I thought you were rich enough to call it cheap.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 am

LXE wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
I thought you were rich enough to call it cheap.
In tune mats
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 7:54 am

Ok, it is impossible to know which player is best in PVP through 1 vs 1. It was apparent when I versed Nisa.

Nisa had a Daedalian, and a Vanguard, I had MBG and a Geograsis G-Type.

My MBG can defeat his Daedalian and the Vanguard. Nisa's Vanguard can beat my Geograsis, and potentially my MBG.
Which is left with an easy to decide outcome.

Scenario 1

If I use MBG first up, and Nisa uses Daedalian, my MBG will have around 300hp by the time I finished dealing with it.
Then Nisa uses the Vanguard, and MBG dies, so I use my Geograsis but it can't beat the Vanguard so I will lose in the end.

Scenario 2

If Nisa uses Vanguard first up, and I use MBG, my MBG will have a very low hp when I'm done with it, or I could even die.
If I died, I'll use my Geograsis, and kill the Vanguard, reducing my hp down to 10-150, and Nisa will use Daedalian, I will have a lower chance of winning.
If Nisa's Vanguard killed my Geograsis, then I would have lost the game.
If I survived, I could potentially also beat up the Daedalian, if not I will die and have a greater chance of winning with my Geograsis against Nisa's Daedalian.

Scenario 3

If I use Geograsis first up and Nisa uses Daedalian, the match can go either way.
If I defeat the Daedalian, then Nisa will kill my Geograsis with his vanguard, then finally I will use MBG and win the match.
If Nisa defeats my Geograsis, I will use MBG, then Nisa will use Vanguard, MBG dies, and then Nisa wins.

Back to top Go down
nzlk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
nzlk

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:46 am

Scenario 4

An AG flies past and kills you. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best melee player in CBEN?   Best melee player in CBEN? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Best melee player in CBEN?
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next