Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D

Go down 
+26
Neftie
blead
Arti
Malphes
Aurum_Sol
subzero1112
Lazyboy804
Hyoka
NovaZero
Fireflywater
donggyu
BNOISE
ziix
Rinrin
Courius
ngelicdark
Broken
Trill
Nisa
knyx
Skulkraken
halcyon
musica
frizky
Suguri
CapeMike
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Empty
PostSubject: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Before I get started, I'll warn you now; I dunno how often I'll be able to add to this, but I'll always be looking at replies and such, and hopefully, this will be a light-hearted look at this big fellow! Smile

Also note, the info presented here is based on my own experience, so it may not be perfect..your milage may vary.... Very Happy
=====================================================

Part 1: Meet Pulsardio!

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Meetpu10

Overview:

By now, I'm sure we all know that Support units lack any of the special attributes that go with Air, Land, and Artillery units, but they also lack those weaknesses, and have access to Wonder Bits that the others can't use(e.g., Repair Bits), so having a good Support unit on your side is just as vital as anything!

Reletively cheap(rt-wise), Pulsardios have decent Str, Wlk, and Tgh, but can be tuned in a wide variety of ways for a wide variety of playstyles, but you need to always center it on the unit's main draw, namely it's Bd internal EMP Missles, which will have Arts very quickly hating you nearly as much as everyone else hates Ivis and Vanguard!

Part 1:

Make no mistake, the Pulsardio is a big, bulky target, due to the sheer size of it's Bd component, but you'll also have the thanks of Airs on your team after you wreak havoc on the opposing side's Arts with the Pulsardio's calling card, it's Internal EMP Missles!

They don't do a lot of damage, but that isn't the point, naturally. Their main purpose to to scramble the homing ability of any main weapon, drastically reducing the chances those weapons will hit their intended target.

The EMP Missle's hitbox is VERY small, so on some maps(especially night-time based ones) you won't even see it coming until it's right on top of you...a clever user can lob them right over the shoulders of their teammates and it'll simply be lost in the onslaught of firepower!

With good speed and homing ability(which is curiously disrupted more than normal by Seraph wings, according to my own research), there are few arts that can avoid the missles without Short Boosting, and even some medium airs will have trouble!

It also has incredible range, being bested only by Toybox Girl, assuming no Cosmos Tuning, so you'll often be messing with arts' heads before they even know you're there!

The missle detonates in a large, aoe-burst of light and chaff, so even a near-miss is sufficient to hit what you're aiming at, and you may catch others in it as well.

Please note: The homing disruption effect does NOT stack, so repeat firings by yourself or another Pulsardio won't help any...conserve that ammo!

Special note: The GAMMA model can fire EMP missles at 3-4 targets at once...maddening if you're on the other side, but it eats through ammo in a hurry!

Part 1 Summary:

ECM Missle(Poor, fair, good, excellent, superior)

Speed: Good
Homing: Good
Damage: Poor
Range: Superior
AOE burst-range: Excellent(Superior with Pulsardio GAMMA)

Suggested use: Extreme-range art/air disruption; also effective at medium range vs hoppers.

Part 2

Aside from it's BD internal, the rest of the bot is pretty average, but with very tunable Tgh, and either Str or Tec, depending on your personal taste.

Movement is also decent, and tuning for Wlk is suggested if you're not going to add Boost Run as I have with mine.

Playing as Pulsardio:

For the most part, you're going to want to hang back and screw around with arts on the other side from as far away as you can; one excellent idea(if you can afford it) is to put a Bugsycait shock-shield arm on(covering said arm with a Viper Shield), and play Defense against incoming melee bots for your own team's arts...if you decide to go dual shielding, I'd advise a weapon-type HD just as a backup! Your team's airs wil quickly learn to love you, as once you've scrambled the other team's arts, they(the airs), to paraphrase another guide, will have no fear!

If you decide to tune for Str, try the Bugsycait BOOM's shock-tonfa and give some lnds a VERY rude awakening, then pop off an EMP missle if you have to retreat against hoppers and/or quick lnds.

If you're playing Defense, your best bet is either Repair or Burst-Fire bits; if you're on offensive support, try dual shields and Burst-Fire bits, especially if you have a lot of hoppers on your side!

Playing -with- Pulsardio:

They're big, they're bulky, and, unless they're very good at melee or short-range defense(neither of which -I'm- good at), they're going to need help to survive if something gets within short-range, so keep an eye on them as much as you can!

Airs, once a Pulsardio/P. GAMMA has laid down some EMP fire, then you're going to very quickly have a field-day with the other side's arts...; keep the Pulsardio alive and he'll keep YOU alive!

For Pulsardios that are healing, they're typically tall enough to heal the PS as well simply by standing under it, so most will attempt to heal you -and- the PS...this can, of course, sometimes be a BAD idea, especially if a melee-happy lnd bot or alpha-striker sees what's going on...if the Pulsardio suddenly runs or starts evading under/near a PS, they usually have a good reason to do so; their EMP missle lock-on range means they can quickly tag a lot of enemies on your radar, so they'll often know what's out there before you do....

Playing against Pulsardio:
They're big, they're bulky, and, unless they're very good at melee or short-range defense(neither of which -I'm- good at...again), they're going to be very poorly matched against ANYthing in a 1-on-1 situation!

If you're an art and you discover a Pulsardio on the other side, do NOT let it get line-of-sight to you, pure and simple! Let the airs or a fast melee bot take them out!

If you're melee, and the Pulsardio doesn't have a Shock-arm/Shock-tonfa(and is good with melee) and/or Burner, this is pretty much a free kill in 1-on-1...just make sure he doesn't have any allies around; Pulsardios are tougher than they look, and their friends(especially the airs) will often go to great lengths to protect them from harm...and on the chance one stuns you with a Bugsy-weapon, your life-expectancy will likely be measured in seconds...RUN!

If you're an air, fairly fast, and can get the drop on a Pulsardio, they have little chance of defeating you without help, otherwise, be careful; an EMP missle can ruin your day and a lot of Pulsardios carry a Bazooka...I don't think I need to elaborate any further than that! Very Happy
=======================================

Hopefully, you've been educated a bit by this, and I'll add to and edit it as needed, so enjoy and feel free to ask questions! Smile

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Mypuls10

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Quote :
It also has incredible range, being bested only by Toybox Girl
Toybox Girl doesn't have the best range either, though. Toybox Girl is 400 range, Toybox is 550 with x2 internal. There might be other bots with more range, too.
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:00 pm

put titan zooka on it
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:04 pm

Suguri wrote:
Quote :
It also has incredible range, being bested only by Toybox Girl
Toybox Girl doesn't have the best range either, though. Toybox Girl is 400 range, Toybox is 550 with x2 internal. There might be other bots with more range, too.

This is true; but so far, and again, from my own playtime, TBG is the only art bot I've had trouble EMPing before they can fire on me 1st...EVEs can also be trouble, range-wise...make sure they're Macross-ing someone else, THEN EMP them! Wink

I also forgot to mention that the vertical homing on the EMP missles is suspect, while the horizontal tracking is good enough to give non-hopping arts fits....
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:13 pm

frizky wrote:
put titan zooka on it
Teach me how to put titan bazookas on supports and I will.
Back to top Go down
frizky
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
frizky

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 8:16 pm

Suguri wrote:
frizky wrote:
put titan zooka on it
Teach me how to put titan bazookas on supports and I will.
XD my bad
Back to top Go down
musica
musica

Male Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySat Jun 18, 2011 11:34 pm

when i play, i love to use my gamma, equipped with viper and bugsy shield am with a zook. starts with burst fire bit, if lacks healer, go with repair bit. love watching the bog emp balls everywhere. and yes, thanks to capemike who had been helping me get ideas on how to play one back then. my fav bot.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:44 am

I'm still working on a few alternate setups for my Pulsycait-02...and I'm -really- wishing I had a Cosmos Regret item...isnt that the one that lets you re-pick your carts? Smile
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:46 am

CapeMike wrote:
I'm still working on a few alternate setups for my Pulsycait-02...and I'm -really- wishing I had a Cosmos Regret item...isnt that the one that lets you re-pick your carts? Smile
Cosmos Regret removes one tune from a part. You're thinking of Cart Reset.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 2:56 am

Suguri wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Yeah that...need one'a those.... Very Happy

.....and every so often, I have a good day doing my Pulsy thing....

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Agoodm10

Back to top Go down
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:12 am

I love disrupting other EVE's aim.

If I can land the damn missile properly, what with them float dashing all over...

But yeah, Pulsy is a sitting duck by itself, never fight alone!
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

Male Posts : 386

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:22 am

CapeMike wrote:
Suguri wrote:
CapeMike wrote:

Yeah that...need one'a those.... Very Happy

.....and every so often, I have a good day doing my Pulsy thing....

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Agoodm10

Pfft.

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Screen10
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:28 am

halcyon wrote:

If I can land the damn missile properly, what with them float dashing all over...

Another good point, Halcyon....

The best counter I've found to float dashing for the EMP missles is either leading them more than normal(the burst will usually catch them if they don't have a shield up) or jumping straight up and lobbing the missle just as you reach your chosen apex...for some reason, this helps the homing give it a better chance of catching the floater in mid-motion; GAMMA does this to frightening effect, especially if you're on a cliffside looking down, giving a whole new meaning to the phrase 'carpet-bombing'! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 5:34 am

Good show there, Skull!

My own Support wasn't as high that match mainly because I was too busy trying to keep a VERY persistent air off of me...I don't think he was trying too hard to kill me; just keep me busy while his teammates did the work in and around our PS...thought I chased him off once only to have him come back later after I'd done more EMPing(scoring a 'zook kill on Kanbara in the meantime)...entertaining match! Wink

My best Support score ever was somewhere in the mid 8000s...doubt I'll ever pull THAT off again!
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:09 am

halcyon wrote:

Huh

Pulsy gives bad homing not bad aim. I don't see how you would disrupt EVE's arm cannon unless if you were referring to her psyguns.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:00 pm

knyx wrote:
halcyon wrote:

Huh

Pulsy gives bad homing not bad aim. I don't see how you would disrupt EVE's arm cannon unless if you were referring to her psyguns.
I've been told it's disorder + bad homing, but I guess I haven't seen enough Pulsardios to be able to know either way.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:36 pm

I've been hit by other Pulsardios' EMP missiles before, and I don't remember getting anything besides bad homing. The person who thought that might have ended up tripping a disorder trap around the same time.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 3:36 pm

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:
halcyon wrote:

Huh

I've been told it's disorder + bad homing, but I guess I haven't seen enough Pulsardios to be able to know either way.

nope.

I've been shooting perfectly well even with pulsadio's missles
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:28 pm

Me and a few others along with Mike tested this a while back. It does give disorder. Zetsu used EVE and did notice the shots flying in wrong directions. From anything other than point blank, barely any shots hit whereI was aiming at (which was a PS)

Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Trill wrote:
Me and a few others along with Mike tested this a while back. It does give disorder. Zetsu used EVE and did notice the shots flying in wrong directions. From anything other than point blank, barely any shots hit whereI was aiming at (which was a PS)

didn't have any trouble with it while using my garula am's :O
Back to top Go down
Broken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Broken

Male Posts : 467

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:39 pm

Nisa wrote:
Trill wrote:

didn't have any trouble with it while using my garula am's :O
That's not how disorder works.._.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:42 pm

Disorder just makes your shots fly out in stupid directions. Basically makes whatever you're using have the accuracy of a machine gun.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 4:49 pm

I guess we should really test this some more, shouldn't we?? Smile
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 8:32 pm

There's not much to test, just hit someone with it and look at the status effect icons on the top-left.

EDIT:

Quote :
パルサーディオBDに内蔵されたミサイルは威力は低いものの着弾地点でバッドホーミング状態(誘導武器の誘導能力低下)・ディスオーダー状態(射撃武器の精度低下)にさせる爆風を展開する。
Disorder + Bad Homing confirmed.
Back to top Go down
Skulkraken
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Skulkraken

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 10:44 pm

Welp. Guess I was wrong about that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D   [Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio!  :D Empty

Back to top Go down

[Ro]My 1st Guide: Meet the Pulsardio! :D
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next