Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! Empty
PostSubject: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 2:21 pm

First, i would like all of you to read this https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com/t2374-comprehensive-solo-cacpetus-adventure-guide
because it's awesome, and i won't be bothered to explain what he has already done.
Kudos for the great guide.

So, let's start out. I'm writing this just as i spent 2 hours trying to win this solo boss.

In my playstyle, i find that the reason why i often fail is because of those accursed fire gliders. They eat up so much time that i have nothing left for the boss.

2x Noob lv 3 crimrose with bullet guard (VITAL) and 2x capa up.
1 seraph crimrose or crimrose of any level and any cost.

my setup.
1st crimrose, Wide beam gun, viper shield and (VITAL) slayer bit. The slayer bit helps. Insanely helps. It kills stuff. Lots of stuff.

2nd crimrose, wide beam gun, blaster, sniping unit. (no sniping unit? take another slayer)

3rd crimrose, blaster, wide beam gun, (dual) blaster bits.

Advanced tip: you can have both of your first 2 crimroses at 499 cost and it won't matter. Just don't total it up to 1k.

Insta start

Now, you will spawn on a small square elevated platform with 2 shine busters. Take to the skies, but do not, DO NOT ever fly out of the platform.

Why it works: Shine busters can kill the swarm easily with their melee attacks, and they do so when they stop running on the platform. I put the shield to use.

Use your slayer bit whenever you see fit. Be smart in using it. When using slayer bit, conserve your ammo.

FLY THE FUC* away from the gliders. They like to trick you. After they flamethrower, they will take a u turn. Follow them, but ONLY for a few feet.

Quote :
If you are fortunate enough to finish the last instance at the entrance to the ridge, you will have a chance to instantly finish off the totem cacpetus SH. Otherwise, you will want to deal with the guider first.
If the only mobs left are the tiny, tiny bastards, fly to the mouth of the cave and back up slightly. Done right, your shrine busters should follow you, and following the shrine busters, the mini bastards.
Go art style and let them have it.
Unleash your fire even in the air once they are all dead. The totem should insta die as it spawns.

Then fly a little bit to the oasis, climb either to your left or right and kill the glider.

They will circle around, and then toast your ass out of the sky. So don't follow to closely so that you can still pull back. Just follow enough for your range.

When you know your about to fight a gliders, ALWAYS, ALWAYS JUMP/fly TO THE RIGHT elevated PART OF THE CANYON! It simply is the best area to fight and kill them, having plenty space to run away. And you will run away. Often.

The melee guy and the gun guy is easy. Take to the right canyon, gather your wits and fly away.
You should have run out of ammo after you kill the multihanded cactus, spawning the next mob out of your starting area.

---------------------------------
2nd crimrose.

Kill those damn BIRDS first! I've been melee ambushed by them before, causing my death when i aimed for the towers first.
When killing the birds, if your in range of the tower cactus, Don't backpedal in a straight line. Add a slight directional movement.

To quickly kill the mini cactus that runs in a circle, FOLLOW their path. Fly behind them, quickly and parrarel, and let your wide beam gun at it. It's an assured hit. (height matters, try not to fly to high)

2nd glider! FLY THE HELL AWAY and take it down safely. Return to finish the mobs. Your sniping unit will most likely be ready to be spawned about the time the 2nd glider spawn.

IT is WORTH IT to spawn it in a very out of place area (but still safe) in order for it to aim at the glider. Unspawn when the glider is dead.

If ready again, spawn in the middle of the tunnel for best effect.

Water slows down the bastards. For those cactus that seems to aim at you and love doing so, fly in the middle of the water.
The idiotic f***tards will jump in.
This is your chance. Let yourself fall and pretend to be an ART! TAKE MY BLASTER AND MY WIDE BEAM GUN! DIE!

The sniping unit at the tunnel helps in killing them greatly as well.

Last mob spawn, 4 further away mini cactus. Lure them to the oasis and repeat.

-----------------

Boss, time left, 3 minutes.

GLIDER ALERT
Run the hell away again to the starting area. (you can leave your wonder bit. You won't be able to charge it up again)

Climb to the top of the right, go forth and kill the glider (This, and only this is the place where you can kill the rider and ignore the camel bird thing.)

And next? well, fly to the top of the boss/ (3/4th his height, minimum so that you can dodge his melee wonder bits) and let him feel the pain of blasters!

I could have finished it with 2 crimrose, but i accidentallied a bazooka.

The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! Screen10

Edit: I feel real dumb now. My memory reminded me of blasters. The right gun to use is particle gun.
IMHO: particle guns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blasters.
I could rarely hit anything with the blasters.

For the giant size bots, wide beam gun kills them in an average time. Good enough (and safe enough) for me.

oh, but yes. blasters is a must for boss.

Final thoughts and edits.
I seriously need to tune tgh for my crimrose. She falls way to easily.
Back to top Go down
Heavier

The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 4:50 pm

Haha, I love your enthusiasm in your choice of words! Well done.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 12:54 am

2 Beezle with 1 arm and 1 Seraph, that my setup.
anyway Beezle die within 2-3 direct hit.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:19 am

Victory1. Crimrose Seraph crimrose

twas my setup >_>
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:29 am

990 cost Izuna then my Lily.

Smashed 'em.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! EmptyThu Feb 03, 2011 1:31 am

Puddin' wrote:
990 cost Izuna then my Lily.

Smashed 'em.
You deserve extra pudding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!   The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses! Empty

Back to top Go down

The free complementery guide to the comprehensive guide to solo cacpetus, featuring 3 crimroses!
Page 1 of 1