Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...

Go down 
+24
shinigami
Hyoka
Hagane
PhoenixAir
Suguri
BNOISE
IronFist
Vhael
knyx
beejhen
Strill
ziix
StickyKeys
SkyPanic
RoboFranky
LazerRazer
FireKiller87
Cion
Shimapan
Raven
Kitouski
boytitan2
choppymek
Rinrin
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:20 am

beejhen wrote:
Strill wrote:
choppymek wrote:
inb4 extremely low gold rate gara filled with recolors of old bots
I loved the GM radio when Tempura said "But everyone keeps telling me to lower the number of gold bots in gara!" And people tell him "No you moron, then mean take out the crappy bots from the gold section, not lower the gold drop rates!"

watda, so this might be one of the reasons why past few garas has shitty gold rate, i've been garatrolled a lot, wasted some precious $$$ for gambling, and got a lot of crash and walk even if its x5 or x1 rolls, also its the reason why i haven't been online so far. Don't like whats happening with CB, that's why I am going low profile and probably quit sooner or later...

Atm em not enjoying CB anymore, probably because of the previous events, enjoyed too much of the level reward system ^^,

I WANT THE "LEVEL UP CAMPAIGN" BACK, if it aint coming back or any sort of Reward system, I aint wasting a single cent/$$$ to CB anymore. Wasted a lot already.

Em just going to sit back and enjoy other games atm.
Waiting for Dota2 ^^,

Oh About Ivis, bet they are saving the best money magnet. CS probably will release her when they need the money or sort of a last resort to get players back playing in CBEN.

I agree with you bro,
CS is such a troll
Protip: Don't feed the troll
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:18 am

boytitan2 wrote:
Im not even gona say this nicely anymore aside from eve no bot is op so shut the fuck up u dumb ass make better builds and will have no issues

my amateus can kill 2 achans at once know why a little thing called speed tune gathima ams and toybox ams

u can do the same witha supped up hoveron and box missles tuned for speed and range
eve op? u gotta be kidding me. thou, i gotta admit im dumb cos my engRish skills are horrible and i can hardly understand anything ur typing.
and no one using blitzelt bs with seiron hd would lose to my hardly tuned seraph with random carts. other than u Very Happy

Kitouski wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
Im not even gona say this nicely anymore aside from eve no bot is op so shut the fuck up u dumb ass make better builds and will have no issues
^ This.

See you. It'll be a nicer place with less people who complain at the drop of a dime thrash me all the time.

StickyKeys wrote:
So Robo and Rin left as well? Are the Filipino players will be the ones to leave last?
i still login for my daily lottos Very Happy. still hoping to get ouka from it.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 8:49 am

Rinrin wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

my amateus can kill 2 achans at once know why a little thing called speed tune gathima ams and toybox ams

u can do the same witha supped up hoveron and box missles tuned for speed and range
eve op? u gotta be kidding me. thou, i gotta admit im dumb cos my engRish skills are horrible and i can hardly understand anything ur typing.
and no one using blitzelt bs with seiron hd would lose to my hardly tuned seraph with random carts. other than u Very Happy

Kitouski wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
^ This.

See you. It'll be a nicer place with less people who complain at the drop of a dime thrash me all the time.

StickyKeys wrote:
So Robo and Rin left as well? Are the Filipino players will be the ones to leave last?
i still login for my daily lottos Very Happy. still hoping to get ouka from it.

everyone said EVE is not OP is those who lying themself or they already have an EVE and try to fool others
or some who don't ve enough smart to know that's the strongest bot atm
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:29 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

everyone said EVE is not OP is those who lying themself or they already have an EVE and try to fool others
or some who don't ve enough smart to know that's the strongest bot atm

ur doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 5:32 pm

CB already used up their beach episode, next desperation attempt is a hot springs episode.

Towel girls anyone?
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyFri May 20, 2011 7:21 pm

knyx wrote:
CB already used up their beach episode, next desperation attempt is a hot springs episode.

Towel girls anyone?

y know,
I wish the resort area wasn sso cold
would be nice for em beach girls
not that I have any to begin with <_<
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:44 pm

boytitan2 wrote:

Vhael finds this comment to be at least a tiny bit contradictory. To Vhael, this summarizes as, "No robot is OP, you're just not using powerful enough robots to counter the OP robots."

boytitan2 wrote:

Using bots that can hop well does not support the case of disproving the superiority of OP bots. This is especially true when speaking of hoppers wielding explosives countering OP AIRs. While one can sort of mimic the bajillion dollar (or God Luck) superior RT Garapon builds with UC (and maybe a little bit of RT shop parts), the fact remains that you will still be using a sub-par robot. For example, while I do very well with my Bazooka hopping Accel Saber GPs (one of the few OP UC builds) in the arena, I would definitely do better with the same exact robot if I had some K-Shields, always used respawn tickets and invested a decent chunk of change into RT tuning them for less cost. I already get good scores with my hoppers by looking away and flailing my arms at the keyboard as it is, so I just don't feel motivated to invest money into making them more OP.

Skill factors so little into Cosmic Break (primarily due to terrible balance and lack of any real technical aspect to the gameplay) that with good enough robots you'll easily rank in the top 5 every time with little to no actual thought required. In fact, some OP builds do better the less you think and the more you just charge in mindlessly (delicious contribution, anyone?). To say "no bot is op...make better builds and will have no issues" is rather counter-intuitive when these 'better builds' are so limited in a game boasting so much customization.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 12:46 pm

Oh P.S. Vhael reversal's dead D:

And I'm resorting to using hoppers since it's the only way I can get anywhere in the top 10 anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 1:54 pm

knyx wrote:

And I'm resorting to using hoppers since it's the only way I can get anywhere in the top 10 anymore.

The death of Reversal is indeed a sad thing. What exactly happened to cause that? I just recently moved and I haven't been able to play lately due to an unstable internet connection. However, since I have even lost the interest to at least log on for my campaign prizes it's not seeming like I will play much if at all when my connection is more stable. At least you lasted longer than I did before resorting to hopping, although I did have nothing but UC to work with. I just have one warning: derp your robots up a bit from time to time to prevent the constant hopping from turning you into a mindless drone. If your hoppers are tuned/armed well enough you realize thought processing is not necessary, and that thinking often serves as a hindrance to placing well.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:02 pm

knyx wrote:

to be at top 10 is more about the situation . . . TBG u have better chances to kill using a Sword Wing or a super fast Izuna (I dont mention Seraph becausse I dont have but its the same as Izuna FLY 40) but, THIS IF you`re fighting a 1x1 for some 1 to 2 minutes, or else your chances will drop to no chances (sure, if thats a normal Union War battle and enemy team sucks so much you can hunt a TBG for 1x1 for 2 minutes then its about the enemy team being bad and not you being good)

about AIRs, well, Lily alpha strike or a fast AIR have good chances if u can keep your self away from the OP AIR bots

about LNDs, if you have a higher position hard to reach, you cna use ART, or else, its always better to use AIR agianst LND, fast AIR help a lot but not really needed against LNDs

so, by that and by all the OP bots being released (and the fact I just suck at melee spam with Red Squealer AMs even after trying lots of times with Cosmo Kaiser and Shino, I also suck with Jikun) for me its all about Izuna/Lily/fatart (king Gigaton by now) . . . trying something with Sword Wing/Lily(another lily with other build up)/Cetusion/Accel Saber GP(Im a bad hopper -.- )/Shino changing build ups to see what I can do.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:35 pm

Vhael wrote:
knyx wrote:

The death of Reversal is indeed a sad thing. What exactly happened to cause that? I just recently moved and I haven't been able to play lately due to an unstable internet connection. However, since I have even lost the interest to at least log on for my campaign prizes it's not seeming like I will play much if at all when my connection is more stable. At least you lasted longer than I did before resorting to hopping, although I did have nothing but UC to work with. I just have one warning: derp your robots up a bit from time to time to prevent the constant hopping from turning you into a mindless drone. If your hoppers are tuned/armed well enough you realize thought processing is not necessary, and that thinking often serves as a hindrance to placing well.

Everyone went inactive, and people started leaving like Piron, Rose, Iseal, Isolo, and eventually Shade left which pretty much meant it's time for Fish to disband the place. Fish since Reira-hime also went inactive and gave clan leader powers to Fish.

I caved and bought 300 Rt worth and did 2-5x rolls, wasn't extremely pleased with the result but I was working with psycho cluster and he's been fun. But lately it seems that there is really no way to win against any of the brokenness. EVE was broken but you still had to aim with her until a x3 lock, now teabag and ah-fag lost any semblance of aiming.
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:38 pm

IronFist wrote:
to be at top 10 is more about the situation . . . TBG u have better chances to kill using a Sword Wing or a super fast Izuna (I dont mention Seraph becausse I dont have but its the same as Izuna FLY 40) but, THIS IF you`re fighting a 1x1 for some 1 to 2 minutes, or else your chances will drop to no chances (sure, if thats a normal Union War battle and enemy team sucks so much you can hunt a TBG for 1x1 for 2 minutes then its about the enemy team being bad and not you being good)

about AIRs, well, Lily alpha strike or a fast AIR have good chances if u can keep your self away from the OP AIR bots

about LNDs, if you have a higher position hard to reach, you cna use ART, or else, its always better to use AIR agianst LND, fast AIR help a lot but not really needed against LNDs

so, by that and by all the OP bots being released (and the fact I just suck at melee spam with Red Squealer AMs even after trying lots of times with Cosmo Kaiser and Shino, I also suck with Jikun) for me its all about Izuna/Lily/fatart (king Gigaton by now) . . . trying something with Sword Wing/Lily(another lily with other build up)/Cetusion/Accel Saber GP(Im a bad hopper -.- )/Shino changing build ups to see what I can do.

Well what I find it comes down to is how many OP bots the opposing team has compared to the amount on your team. Many people will mention things about being able to place well in a match with a weak robot, but that usually means the match tended to have little to no OP bots on the opposing team, or considerably more on your team than your opponents, netting easy points occasionally. While a Lily Alpha Strike can counter AIR, unless you have good weapons to Alpha Strike with (like Blast Bazookas or Handy Bazookas for example), I don't find the strategy worth the cost considering the odds of actually hitting someone with 40ish FLY with a full Alpha Strike. While LNDs are countered by AIR bots, if you're a hopper using a Bazooka or two (which most will be) then they don't really counter them as getting shot by a Bazooka is generally more painful for an AIR bot than getting hit by a beam is for a LND bot (although Alpha Strikers can turn that around, but that's just OP bots countering OP bots). Unless you have little to no WLK or have no ranged attacks, I find AIR bots don't give LND bots much more trouble than anything else.

With K-Shield Hoppers/EVEs/Alpha Strikers/K-Shield Hatigarm Machines/other OP builds, you can do well regardless of the situation. Sword Wing is decent because I find him slightly easier to tune 30+ FLY with little to no cost than a Beezle is without zeroing out any stats (without the aid of Slot Protectors at least). Lily Rain can be fun for a bit, but without heavier cash funds invested into optimizing her I find she is easily out-performed by hopping as an Amateus.

You do not even have to be good at hopping to place well as an Accel Saber GP/hopping Shino. Tune yourself 35+ WLK and grab either a Buckler/Bazooka (Scouter's Rifle can also work) or dual Bazookas on an Accel Saber GP with Short Boost and Quick Land and it practically plays itself. Grab Short Boost, Quick Land (and, based on preference, perhaps Tough Runner) and tune 30+ WLK on a Shino with an 8-Vulcan/Viper Shield and again watch as it plays itself. Although I'll admit I had more fun derping around with a Shino with a Bazooka, Viper Shield, 2x Red Squealer AMs and Snailbot LGs for HP with Short Boost/Quick Land. Being a hopper with the ability to boost around and punch people isn't as optimal as reducing cost and just wasting away with a Bazooka or two with no consideration for actually dying (as the robot itself can easily outperform its cost no matter how bad you are), but it can be hella-fun to derp around with for a bit.
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:46 pm

knyx wrote:
Everyone went inactive, and people started leaving like Piron, Rose, Iseal, Isolo, and eventually Shade left which pretty much meant it's time for Fish to disband the place. Fish since Reira-hime also went inactive and gave clan leader powers to Fish.

I caved and bought 300 Rt worth and did 2-5x rolls, wasn't extremely pleased with the result but I was working with psycho cluster and he's been fun. But lately it seems that there is really no way to win against any of the brokenness. EVE was broken but you still had to aim with her until a x3 lock, now teabag and ah-fag lost any semblance of aiming.

I figured inactivity would be the cause, just wanted to be sure I didn't miss any drama. I cannot get myself to buy RT at all, even if I have the money to do so. What you get for your money in this game seems to be completely useless unless you have the luck of the Gods or invest a small fortune. If the community/market seemed more stable for this game, and if there existed at least some remote resemblance of balance, I MIGHT consider rolling some Garapon from time-to-time (assuming I even come back when I get my connection more stable), but as it is I just feel it not worthwhile. I invested 20$ earlier into the game shortly before the LOP Garapon came out because I felt the game was easily worth that much, of which I burned away on fun robots/weapons (1 chibi, 2x ZSG and 2x Photon Saber), but the way the game has been going I would no longer think it is worth even that much anymore.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:49 pm

Vhael wrote:

Well what I find it comes down to is how many OP bots the opposing team has compared to the amount on your team. Many people will mention things about being able to place well in a match with a weak robot, but that usually means the match tended to have little to no OP bots on the opposing team, or considerably more on your team than your opponents, netting easy points occasionally. While a Lily Alpha Strike can counter AIR, unless you have good weapons to Alpha Strike with (like Blast Bazookas or Handy Bazookas for example), I don't find the strategy worth the cost considering the odds of actually hitting someone with 40ish FLY with a full Alpha Strike. While LNDs are countered by AIR bots, if you're a hopper using a Bazooka or two (which most will be) then they don't really counter them as getting shot by a Bazooka is generally more painful for an AIR bot than getting hit by a beam is for a LND bot (although Alpha Strikers can turn that around, but that's just OP bots countering OP bots). Unless you have little to no WLK or have no ranged attacks, I find AIR bots don't give LND bots much more trouble than anything else.

With 1. K-Shield Hoppers/EVEs/Alpha Strikers/K-Shield Hatigarm Machines/other OP builds, you can do well regardless of the situation. Sword Wing is decent because I find him slightly easier to tune 30+ FLY with little to no cost than a Beezle is without zeroing out any stats (without the aid of Slot Protectors at least). Lily Rain can be fun for a bit, but without heavier cash funds invested into optimizing her I find she is easily 2. out-performed by hopping as an Amateus.

You do not even have to be good at hopping to place well as an Accel Saber GP/hopping Shino. Tune yourself 35+ WLK and grab either a Buckler/Bazooka (Scouter's Rifle can also work) or dual Bazookas on an Accel Saber GP with Short Boost and Quick Land and it practically plays itself. Grab Short Boost, Quick Land (and, based on preference, perhaps Tough Runner) and tune 30+ WLK on a Shino with an 8-Vulcan/Viper Shield and again watch as it plays itself. Although I'll admit I had more fun derping around with a Shino with a Bazooka, Viper Shield, 2x Red Squealer AMs and Snailbot LGs for HP with Short Boost/Quick Land. Being a hopper with the ability to boost around and punch people isn't as optimal as reducing cost and just wasting away with a Bazooka or two with no consideration for actually dying (as the robot itself can easily outperform its cost no matter how bad you are), but it can be hella-fun to derp around with for a bit.

Let me address a few things in bold.

1. WATER MAPS, random arc is a roulette, and I tend to jump out of the boat when rotation reaches a known watery map (oh derp underground, divided river, volcanic heaven etc)
2. If you roll royal gara and by some strange twist of fate, you manage to get Lily Amateus girl Le Reve, exploding psyguns, nothing else to say on the matter but she'd make a hell of a MB spammer.
3. And make your profile the broadside of a barn, I wouldn't do this personally, put on something like parabaroid LG or cyberoid LG if you want a little better stats and she's as short as some S bots. For M bots like accel I go with ace braver or skullroid if you could score some from arc.

Final point, one of the fun things in life is to [s]s[/s]troll around the enemy PS in a stealthed shadow hunter and a good burner (ceramic or long burner, depending on lotto/gara luck), if you can single out a target, possible frag for you, if you have the entire team on you, they'll be too distracted shooting a 500 cost runner while being hit by your team (assuming they're half competent).
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:08 pm

I wouldn't just yet.
Like BoyTitan said, none of the bots available actually are that strong except for maybe Eve because of how she has a shield to protect to her while she spam shots her railgun...
Personally I still feel Ivis is better than Vanguard cause she can't get stun locked unlike Vanguard who has a ton of force but poor tgh. Just hit it once for like 10-20 damage and it gets stuck for like 1 second by which you can run away if you are an art or finish him off if you are an air.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:31 pm

about team with more OP bots win against team without or with less OP bots, its true

about Alpha Strikers . . . a UC Alpha Striker is the same as an OP bot not being Alpha Striker (like TBG without alpha strike config . . . TBG alpha striker is the same as 2, 3 or 4 pure UC Lily Rain alpha striker and sith larger range and same or even better stats).

other thing the OP bots have that UC bots cant have. that much damage and stats with low BP.

Lily Rain alpha striker being the same as TBG with only her weaponry but look at the stats of a Lily Alpha Striker (2 Misside AMs + Volcano Grenade + Beam Gun - - - Beam Gun because thats no CAPA enough to set anything better now and keep stats) . . .
STR:5
TEC:17
WLK:9
FLY:16
TGH:17

HP: 342
COST: 1160
CAPA: 1160

Level: 8

now compare this with EVE or TBG also the level needed for either EVE or TBG to make as much damage and have the same stats . . .

so yes, OP, a lot OP. if u take out Misside AMs to have better stats you reduce a lot the damage you make, to keep Misside AMs you cant tune up to have better stats and its already at LVL 8.

yet, even not being OP, Lily at this config and with Quick Jump and Float Dash carts is able to crush AIR and LND bots, also many other ARTs, including EVE and TBG at 1x1 sometimes, but then its more a lack of skill of the player using EVE or TBG because if the player know how to use, Lily barely have a small chance.
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:36 pm

[quote="knyx"]
Vhael wrote:

1. WATER MAPS, random arc is a roulette, and I tend to jump out of the boat when rotation reaches a known watery map (oh derp underground, divided river, volcanic heaven etc)
2. If you roll royal gara and by some strange twist of fate, you manage to get Lily Amateus girl Le Reve, exploding psyguns, nothing else to say on the matter but she'd make a hell of a MB spammer.
3. And make your profile the broadside of a barn, I wouldn't do this personally, put on something like parabaroid LG or cyberoid LG if you want a little better stats and she's as short as some S bots. For M bots like accel I go with ace braver or skullroid if you could score some from arc.

Final point, one of the fun things in life is to [s]s[/s]troll around the enemy PS in a stealthed shadow hunter and a good burner (ceramic or long burner, depending on lotto/gara luck), if you can single out a target, possible frag for you, if you have the entire team on you, they'll be too distracted shooting a 500 cost runner while being hit by your team (assuming they're half competent).

1. I never really found the water maps to be THAT much of an issue as a hopper. Some of them, like Divided River and Volcanic Heaven were my favorite maps to play hoppers on. I actually find the maneuverability that hopping gives is more ideal for those maps than any other LND bots. While you may have a slightly tougher time navigating than an AIR bot (of course this is almost always true for any robot on any map), you'll still likely be better off than anything else.

2. I cannot say anything on the new Lily as I have not played recently, but if it's an actual new Lily that isn't just a clone I can only assume at this point they made it OP.

3. I know the Snailbot LGs make your profile large, but as I said, I was just derping around with it and that it wasn't an optimal build by any means (hella-fun though). I was pretty much playing it as a standard hopper with a shield/bazooka, but whenever I saw a group and/or fat ART, I would mindlessly charge in all derpa-style, punching randomly at whatever was in front of me. As I was planning to get shot at these times, and the fact that while hopping you shouldn't have to worry as much about your profile (you shouldn't really be letting targets get shots at your side that often unless you have low WLK).

BNOISE wrote:
I wouldn't just yet.
Like BoyTitan said, none of the bots available actually are that strong except for maybe Eve because of how she has a shield to protect to her while she spam shots her railgun...
Personally I still feel Ivis is better than Vanguard cause she can't get stun locked unlike Vanguard who has a ton of force but poor tgh. Just hit it once for like 10-20 damage and it gets stuck for like 1 second by which you can run away if you are an art or finish him off if you are an air.

I would have to strongly disagree. This game has a large selection of robots, and a small list of them are just overwhelmingly better than the other options out there. I can understand robots not being perfectly balanced, as the only way to achieve this would be to make them all the same; however, the level of difference in performance is just too great to leave it at that. I find Spamguard to be a bad example, since while Spamguard is good at what he does, I would not by any means consider him to be OP. I'd just consider him to be a major pain to people that do not have a good way to counter him (which some builds just cannot do). He's just considered more of a pain to people since getting caught by one is pretty much instant-death, which no matter how good you are will happen at least once in a great while.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 3:42 pm

[quote="Vhael"]
knyx wrote:
Vhael wrote:

1. I never really found the water maps to be THAT much of an issue as a hopper. Some of them, like Divided River and Volcanic Heaven were my favorite maps to play hoppers on. I actually find the maneuverability that hopping gives is more ideal for those maps than any other LND bots. While you may have a slightly tougher time navigating than an AIR bot (of course this is almost always true for any robot on any map), you'll still likely be better off than anything else.

2. I cannot say anything on the new Lily as I have not played recently, but if it's an actual new Lily that isn't just a clone I can only assume at this point they made it OP.

3. I know the Snailbot LGs make your profile large, but as I said, I was just derping around with it and that it wasn't an optimal build by any means (hella-fun though). I was pretty much playing it as a standard hopper with a shield/bazooka, but whenever I saw a group and/or fat ART, I would mindlessly charge in all derpa-style, punching randomly at whatever was in front of me. As I was planning to get shot at these times, and the fact that while hopping you shouldn't have to worry as much about your profile (you shouldn't really be letting targets get shots at your side that often unless you have low WLK).

BNOISE wrote:
I wouldn't just yet.

I would have to strongly disagree. This game has a large selection of robots, and a small list of them are just overwhelmingly better than the other options out there. I can understand robots not being perfectly balanced, as the only way to achieve this would be to make them all the same; however, the level of difference in performance is just too great to leave it at that. I find Spamguard to be a bad example, since while Spamguard is good at what he does, I would not by any means consider him to be OP. I'd just consider him to be a major pain to people that do not have a good way to counter him (which some builds just cannot do). He's just considered more of a pain to people since getting caught by one is pretty much instant-death, which no matter how good you are will happen at least once in a great while.

1. I was referring to k-shield hoppers, which may clear up some things, if I were only going buckler as my shield and maybe a Byne AM2 if I score one from a ro cube or gara.

2. Exactly what it says on the tin, psygun-like homing but amateus-like explosions, and these are blast damage.

3. I guess that's a personal choice, though what I find fun is that when people turn on lowest objects, give byne snailbot LG and name it snailbot, people come expecting a fatart and get a raping.

And vanguard is easily dispatched of by any air, kite them back when they charge, and they realize they can't win, chase them down and your bullets hit for +50% more from a backstab bonus. If I get lucky and VFs are facing my cluster, some don't even get a single hit in before getting pulsemissile spammed. EVE is not OP by any means if the user isn't at least a bit pro. Like someone else has said, she's a juggle of subweapons (modo change, charge plus and booster shield), while maintaining a lock till x3 to fire. Compared to her teabag and ah-fag are effortless.
Back to top Go down
Vhael
Newcomer
Newcomer
Vhael

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 4:07 pm

knyx wrote:
1. I was referring to k-shield hoppers, which may clear up some things, if I were only going buckler as my shield and maybe a Byne AM2 if I score one from a ro cube or gara.

2. Exactly what it says on the tin, psygun-like homing but amateus-like explosions, and these are blast damage.

3. I guess that's a personal choice, though what I find fun is that when people turn on lowest objects, give byne snailbot LG and name it snailbot, people come expecting a fatart and get a raping.

And vanguard is easily dispatched of by any air, kite them back when they charge, and they realize they can't win, chase them down and your bullets hit for +50% more from a backstab bonus. If I get lucky and VFs are facing my cluster, some don't even get a single hit in before getting pulsemissile spammed. EVE is not OP by any means if the user isn't at least a bit pro. Like someone else has said, she's a juggle of subweapons (modo change, charge plus and booster shield), while maintaining a lock till x3 to fire. Compared to her teabag and ah-fag are effortless.

1. Well the K-Shield just kills your ability to use the Spacebar, which I am pretty sure means you can still hop with it while using Short Boost. I rarely used the Spacebar on my hoppers (also never had a K-Shield though), so I cannot say for positive how much of an issue it is, but I would assume it's not much as long as you can still Short Boost.

2. Sounds insane, I kind of want to see it in action now.

3. Haha, yeah, it's often fun to change your name to catch people off-guard. The Snailbot LGs were just for fun and I'd be highly reluctant to use anything that large on a serious bot; however, for the stats/HP they give for the cost, I don't find them to be THAT large. As long as you can keep your enemies in front of you relatively often while hopping left/right, the increased profile size isn't much of an issue. I just wanted maximum HP for my suicide dives, though.

And I agree on the Spamguard. They are by no means OP, just very good at what they do. I would kite them all the time on my hoppers, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they have no anti-air. The problem I find with Spamguard's reputation is that a lot of casual players may try out different LND builds for fun without tuning enough WLK to outrun a Spamguard. Pretty much ANY UC build that has to touch LND more often than not that cannot outrun a Spamguard is going to get raped by them often, simply because they kill you faster than you can get away/get support. People that play robots that play similarly to a Spamguard just have to realize that overall they will not likely do it as well.

I slightly agree on the EVE. I wouldn't say the person using her has to be 'at least a bit pro', but I would say that they at least have to be competent at the game and with using her. Just because she's a little tougher to get down than the other OP bots doesn't mean that she requires you to be 'pro' in any way (I consider the gameplay of this game to be too simple to even use the term 'pro' anyway). The only time I've found the managing of sub-weapons to be an issue in this game after getting like an hour of practice in with the robot is when you have an ancient keyboard that starts ghosting after like 2 key presses (causing you to be unable to swap subs while moving a lot of the time).
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:42 pm

I gotta agree with you guys

1. VF is not OP, just some people are being idiots and getting too close to it.

2. AG is OP. 40 dmg to the face....on my AIR. Its no fun to be LND these days cuz of her. Many of her users even equip a Izuna BS on her and use even less skill. Retardedly, flying up high and spamming all they got while equipping dual shields so that they can defend themselves even in dogfights. Amateus Muchi may be the best counter but having 1 counter bot is not enough to make her "not OP".

3. EVE idiots will still be idiots. I just fragged 2 EVEs in a row using a Great Speed tuned SDC. Does not make her "not OP". Hoppers are also a good counter against her. A pro using her will know what to do and give you hell. Always staying behind allies to be used as meatshields. Using broad radar to prevent ambushing melees. Using that 3 lock blast to give u 70 dmg to the face.

4. Ivis. Even if they release her, I doubt she will be broken. AG is obviously far more superior than her in terms of OPness. Ivis has stun immunity but has no means to counter an AIR hovering high above, spamming homing blasters.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 6:54 pm

IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 Delete10

I'm still laughing at this. CS didn't "scam" you, you're simply clueless about how tuning works, and on top of that didn't even bother looking when it showed you what the effects on stats would be from the tuneup.

Thirding Kitou and titan on page 1 as well.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:03 pm

RoboFranky wrote:

2. AG is OP. 40 dmg to the face....on my AIR. Its no fun to be LND these days cuz of her. Many of her users even equip a Izuna BS on her and use even less skill. Retardedly, flying up high and spamming all they got while equipping dual shields so that they can defend themselves even in dogfights. Amateus Muchi may be the best counter but having 1 counter bot is not enough to make her "not OP".

3. EVE idiots will still be idiots. I just fragged 2 EVEs in a row using a Great Speed tuned SDC. Does not make her "not OP". Hoppers are also a good counter against her. A pro using her will know what to do and give you hell. Always staying behind allies to be used as meatshields. Using broad radar to prevent ambushing melees. Using that 3 lock blast to give u 70 dmg to the face.

4. Ivis. Even if they release her, I doubt she will be broken. AG is obviously far more superior than her in terms of OPness. Ivis has stun immunity but has no means to counter an AIR hovering high above, spamming homing blasters.
try to be a UC melee spammer with 2 Red Squealer AMs and get 1 hit by a VF . . . dang, stun and u lose 1/5 to 1/4 of your HP

2. AG is OP. 40 dmg to the face....on my AIR. Its no fun to be LND these days cuz of her. Many of her users even equip a Izuna BS on her and use even less skill.
Izuna BS dont work if u move in circles changing direction (circle left and circle right) also if you`re a LND and can, sopmehow, hit an AIR, its a matter of following until the AIR bot land or to get to a place where u can, somehow, reach the AIR bot . . . over that, any AIR bot, fast enough or with propeller bit or seraph, is a pain to any LND

3. EVE idiots will still be idiots. I just fragged 2 EVEs in a row using a Great Speed tuned SDC.
its not EVE idiots . . . its guys that dont know how to play and get an OP bot thinking it will help them to be the best (help them to do a lot more than what they would without an OP bot). played by someone that know how to play, EVE is almost invincible against all UC and against many, if not most, RT bots.

and yes, thats no bot perfect (like EVE, even me, being a noob at melee spam, make EVEs to run away from me when I equip my fast shino with 2 RS AMs and start a combo or when I find a way to dodge the shots with an AIR bot and hunt the EVE or TBG down) . . .

AIR > LND > ART > AIR

sure, some build ups can invert it
AIR < LND < ART < AIR

but, as its inverted, it also make u weaker against your own kind
AIR < AIR, LND < LND, ART < ART

so, its also about how u play and your build up . . . sometimes its better if you change the kind of bot and/or build up to fit your way of playing . . .

sure, dont make OP bots less OP because of that, but sometimes give you better chances, if not to win, to survive more (and then, maybe to win)
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:14 pm

RoboFranky wrote:

Ivis will claim dominance over land but yeah, ah-fag will keep raining down 70s on any land unit, more if chasing.

Well, she'll claim dominance until you can crimson veil revenge a VF.
Back to top Go down
PhoenixAir
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
PhoenixAir

Male Posts : 193

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:17 pm

@2 above,

I tend to disagree on point one. I Use Red Squealer(2 viper shields only 1 tgh tuneup and destructor head, rest are clean squealer parts) and i have beaten a few Vanguard Fencers here and there. Impact punchs punch range is long enough to use the second punch to distance yourself away from the Fencer. 1 on 1, its a matter on who hits who first and the current hp of both bots.

though i do hate aquila girl. whoever made the blaster homing was >.< shoulda have been like the altair blaster and only change direction at a certain distance
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 EmptyMon May 23, 2011 7:23 pm

PhoenixAir wrote:
@2 above,

I tend to disagree on point one. I Use Red Squealer(2 viper shields only 1 tgh tuneup and destructor head, rest are clean squealer parts) and i have beaten a few Vanguard Fencers here and there. Impact punchs punch range is long enough to use the second punch to distance yourself away from the Fencer. 1 on 1, its a matter on who hits who first and the current hp of both bots.

though i do hate aquila girl. whoever made the blaster homing was >.< shoulda have been like the altair blaster and only change direction at a certain distance

The most important factor is if VF has any overdrive buffs. Unless it only has 100 or so HP left it should always be able to break the odds with a buff.

They buffed AG after people complained that a bot gotten with trillions of rt didn't OP enough.

And then Shance gets it in 1 roll like a lady.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...   IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IVIS - CBEN might as well release her ...
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next