Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Preperation for release

Go down 
+16
MugenNoKage
shissachan
Daylyt
Ichijo
Feign
Midona
Asukuu
Flandyrll
Hyoka
NovaZero
Jello
gunzlinger
koi
TaeTae
FenixStryk
ArcticFox
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

Male Posts : 46

Preperation for release Empty
PostSubject: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:07 pm

Here are some of the things i'm doing to prepare for the full release:

- I try to keep most of my bots stock for the most part (not including weapons obviously), I have 300-400k+ & a ridiclous ammount of bot parts, but I rarely do tuneups... its not like i'm going to have them after the release as easily anyway (if anything the game will seem somewhat easier for me after the release because I wont be just one of the 'few' untuned ones out there anymore). I AM going to godmode a bot or 2 before the end just to try it out... but other than that the most i've ever tuned a bot was +2 walk on a sturbanger & a +2 tec on izuna kamuis weapon.

- I try to avoid getting too used to things like ivis (I only really use her in quest mode) & things that are likely going to be made limited edition type of things. I also rarely use the same bots for long. I always change up what main bots I use a little while after I start to get a little good with it & I try to play some of each type of bot. This way its not as hard to get a decent bot that i'm used to using after the release. So if i were to drop $5-$10 at some point on gara there a higher chance I would get something I am decent with, rather than being like some idiots that will throw craploads of money at CB in hopes of getting that ONE bot they were so used to using in the beta. (*cough* Ivis *cough*)

- I heard that gold bots will carry over, I made 1-2 alts that I got added to smaller clans that have rank ups often & plan to go with the acc with the best gold bots. Though my main is currently winning that with what 'might' be a gold theora nimbus, & jaguar arm... I dunno how to tell if a bot is gold or not other than the color & gara has a somewhat goldish looking theorla nimbus in it so i'm not sure if the one i got from the lucky cube is that. (got a jikun the same way... but i can't tell)

Those are just some of the things i'm trying to do, how about you guys?
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Simple things to do: get used to UC weaponry and things like Level 5 Crimrose. I'm a fan of Izuna Nagi and she's not particularly fancy, but I hear that even she will be an Rt bot. That's a killer, getting used to something you'll never be able to rebuild.

Tuneups will be rarer come release, but I think you should still tinker with them so you understand how they operate. It won't be impossible to put one or two with just UC.
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:31 pm

The thing is that i plan to invest a LITTLE into the game (maby $5 & at most $15), being farmiliar with more of the only semi-popular bots makes it much easier to get something decent that im somewhat good with though. For example, if i got my hands on ANY of the izuna kamui forms I would be set with a bot build that I consider somewhat broken. (Twin viper shields & twin boosters if bying parts is still uc)

I'm hoping for an izuna or sturbanger... but I dont have my hopes up & i'm working with many bot types while I can so I can at least get something i'm somewhat decent with easily. (So that small investment + trading uc for rt should cover my needs)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:43 pm

Just a question. How is Rt going to be exchanged? As in, how many dollars do I have to put in for a certain number of Rt?
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:37 pm

The money per rt exchange rate is unknown at the moment. I believe they said they would try to lower it compared to what it is in the jp server. Lower it by how much? I don't know.

Izuna kamui is rt and the one with detacheable bs is garapon. However, the shop one is one of the cheaper rt mech, well it is in the jp server.

You can prepare for the official release but the open beta isnt really about that as one of important parts is missing. You can't purchase like... mos t of the uc mech. Many of which are actually quite good if used correctly.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:40 pm

My preparation

1. Save up money for Rt.

The end
Back to top Go down
koi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
koi

Female Posts : 388

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:52 pm

Why bother?
Even with japanese RT system it's possible to create a decent commando without involving RT.
Things become much easier if you invest some cash.

BTW, lvl5 crimrose is not that bad xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:17 pm

koi wrote:
Why bother?
Things become much easier if you invest some cash.

My point.
Frankly, this is the first game that I actually am willing to waste some money, for two reasons,
1. I've never had any reason to spend money in other games since in game money was good enough, which certainly isnt the case for CB, seeing as bots like Izuna are gonna be Rt.
2. I just made a bank account, and Im about to hook it onto my paypal, so I couldnt waste money on other games anyway.

EDIT: With that said, is the Rt probably gonna be by paypal?
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:27 pm

Just remember, at least we'll have low-cost bots that we can use effectively.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 7:59 pm

gunzlinger wrote:
Just remember, at least we'll have low-cost bots that we can use effectively.

Froglander commander! Fuck Yeah!
Back to top Go down
gunzlinger
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
gunzlinger

Male Posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:30 pm

...maybe not that effectively.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 8:31 pm

The main thing I need to know is if EN will have the limited UC -> Rt conversion available, and how much that will allow me to get. As long as I can get one or two Izuna Nagis, I'm set.
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 9:54 pm

TaeTae wrote:
You can prepare for the official release but the open beta isnt really about that as one of important parts is missing. You can't purchase like... mos t of the uc mech. Many of which are actually quite good if used correctly.

You forgot that i said i plan to invest a small ammount. I don't want to use froglanders & other crap bots effectively, I want to get some lower cost rt bots via rt shop or gara & go along playing as i am now. (which shouldn't be too hard as I don't use/rely on some of the bots that are likely to be expensive & the majority of my bots are mostly stock) My preperation is more like trying a good number of them out so I can be absolutly sure I want it if I buy rt & being versitile so I can use whatever semi-decent bots I may get from gara effectively. I'm not some hardcore nerd thats going to dump money in this game like crazy, but its not like i dont have a job, a small $5 bill 1-3 times a month won't kill me. Add to that the rt-uc conversion & it shouldn't cost much at all over time to have a single decent commando setup.

I try to support the games that I play, you just have to know not to go crazy with it. I have NO intention of investing more to godmode bots after I have a decent setup OR in going for crazy shit like ivis.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:16 pm

I would like a Lily Rain, Mecha Jetter Girl and Zero Saber Girl, myself.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:23 pm

I've been staring at the JP wiki through Google Translate for about an hour...

...assuming the same bots are UC come EN release, I already have my game plan ready: start with Lily Rain, buy A Bizoru, Sodouingu, Dikarosu and (once I'm Iron Hero) Mach One Night, then take Mach and slap on Dikarosu's gun-arm, A Bizoru's arm/legs and Sodouingu's head. Mach comes with a Particle Gun already, so I'll have everything I need just by buying the bots.

Once I finish Mach, I'll have a full commando with a strong lead. Granted, the other two slots will be Sodouingu and Dikarosu with their removed parts filled with leftover parts (all of Lily, most of Bizoru and some of Mach), but it will still be functional. From there, I'll just stock UC for the UC -> Rt conversion and snag an Izuna Nagi or two (if it's available).
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:44 pm

FenixStryk wrote:
...assuming the same bots are UC come EN release, I already have my game plan ready: start with Lily Rain, buy A Bizoru, Sodouingu, Dikarosu and (once I'm Iron Hero) Mach One Night, then take Mach and slap on Dikarosu's gun-arm, A Bizoru's arm/legs and Sodouingu's head. Mach comes with a Particle Gun already, so I'll have everything I need just by buying the bots.

Once I finish Mach, I'll have a full commando with a strong lead. Granted, the other two slots will be Sodouingu and Dikarosu with their removed parts filled with leftover parts (all of Lily, most of Bizoru and some of Mach), but it will still be functional. From there, I'll just stock UC for the UC -> Rt conversion and snag an Izuna Nagi or two (if it's available).
But what if Lily Rain isn't a starter? I've been hearing reports that they're back to using Jaguar Arm and King Megaton as the LND and ART starters.

Beezle A's a reward robo and really isn't worth it. Mach Knight One's subweapon is meh, bad homing and unimpressive damage. No comment on Dikaros.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:52 pm

NovaZero wrote:
But what if Lily Rain isn't a starter? I've been hearing reports that they're back to using Jaguar Arm and King Megaton as the LND and ART starters.

Beezle A's a reward robo and really isn't worth it. Mach Knight One's subweapon is meh, bad homing and unimpressive damage. No comment on Dikaros.
The main reason I planned on picking Lily was because she was an Rt bot with good arms and Crimrose wasn't. If it comes down to choosing between three non-Rt bots, I'll just get Crimrose; if it's between Crimrose and an Rt bot, I'll go with the Rt bot.

I was eyeing Mach One Night mainly for the amount of free cost he has. He has 115 free innately, and can get seven +80 capacity cards for 20 cost each. That gives me a lot of cost to work with. That said, if he doesn't work out, Dikarosu also has almost the same amount of free cost (if I switch out his AM2) and has nice stats as well.
Back to top Go down
ArcticFox
ArcticFox

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:10 pm

Sturbanger, gara izuna kamui (dual shield & dual booster), random bot that i've used & am farmiliar with would be the ideal setup for me. I have no idea what things are gunna cost though & how bad the gara chances are gunna be so i'll just play it by ear, take what I can get & hope my occasional $5 donations & rt conversion are enough for a decent commando in the end ^^

btw, aren't king megaton & jaguar arm already the current starter art/lnd bots?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:28 pm

Yes, but they all aren't entirely faulty. King Megaton's the 3rd most customizable ART robo in the game(2nd would be Destructor, 1st would be King Gigaton) and Jaguar Arm learns Boost Run early.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:37 pm

Obtain Ace Braver BD, Paraboroid LG (Locomoter LG preferred) and make a bot out of that

Build(at level 8 ):
Raise capacity x3 (25*3 = 75 cost, adds 70*3 = 210 cost)
Shell Guard (20 cost)
Blast Guard (15 cost)
Tough Runner (20 cost)
Short Boost (15 cost)
Boost Run (15 cost)
Total Cartridge cost: 160

Cost of all parts currently unknown.

Obtain either Tarantulic or The blue bike bot

Dunno build

Obtain either {Psycho Formula (UC [store] version), Gathima AM, Amateus AM2, Rear wing BSJ} as a customz bot...

(obviously impossible)

or just replace with Saggitary Maxis (Store[RT] version, not Garapon/gold version)
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:41 pm

What I intend to do in release will most likely be like what I did in CBJP.

-Crimrose starter
-get a Mecha Jetter
-get a Destructor
-get an Accel Saber GP
-save up UC or learn how to use PayPal

If there will be a Rt exchange event/they allow Cherry Credits prepaid
-buy Lily Rain
-buy Zero Saber Girl
-buy Mecha Jetter Girl
-If Ouka's in shop, buy Ouka
-do one 5x Garapon roll every few weeks until I get Ivis, assuming they'll have her up
-spend any future Rt on tuning
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:19 am

What I intend to do is simple after the release is simple.
1 : Crimrose starter
2 : Get a Blocky BD from quest
3 : Get Zero Saber Girl
4 : Get Hatigarm
5 : Amatemus (Mostly for the arm to put on the Hatigarms)
6 : Sturbanger (Standard or not doesn't matter)

If it's Rt, it shouldn't be and issue, right after I find out exactly what ways are there I can use to purchase it.
And from then on, I can start buying whatever I feel like buying. I can survive using Handmags and Handguns but if I can get my hands on bigger weapons like the Assault Rifle, then sure.

If I can afford to, I'll get them right after I'm done with the other 6.
1 : Bugsycait Boom
2 : Hatigarm Machine
3 : Izuna Kamui / Izuna Kamui Nagi
Back to top Go down
Asukuu
Asukuu

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:34 am

I will probably just keep doing what i have been doing on the JP version is to build my army of froglanders and waste most of my rt on random garapons on stuff i dont need for my frogs
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:41 am

As long as Seraph Crimrose and Amateus stay UC, I don't care. Losing meta jetter girl noel version make me angry, but I'll stay full UC.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:13 am

Seraph Promotion will be available in the UC shop, that's for sure. Just pray the price isn't 150,000 UC.

Amateus, like all of the robos in the shop except for Crim, is Rt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Preperation for release   Preperation for release Empty

Back to top Go down

Preperation for release
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next