Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[General]Shitty Weapon Thread

Go down 
+43
Fireflywater
Arti
Z741
Dracatis
Intet
Aurum_Sol
Fainche
Aria
boytitan2
Asagi-san
Astral_Dono
BNOISE
Alamaxca
Emeraldsun
xzpwnz
Trill
Getab
Ascaloth
Courius
Tryrant
ziix
Midona
yilx
Riverlia
IcyAmiki
Iseal
Hyoka
Naisha
FireKiller87
Rinrin
falcon1
RoboFranky
UncleBobbie
NumeroDoS
SkyPanic
Nisa
Strill
Suguri
dsp
Mintattak
knyx
choppymek
Hellenisti
47 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

[General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 3:43 pm

Yea, I'm leveling my Maril Trill right now and you just knock them out of the sky with sound balls then come in and hit them like a raging VF with her arm gun, instata dead AIR. I'm fairly sure it's a very high % blast because it doesn't do a ton to LAND most the time, but does like 4x against AIR's. The tiny advanatage of the 10 force one is a faster reload, a little longer range and a ton more ammo, so it's a bit more spammable. Their decent weapons if something is too close to you.

I agree with the cocktail bomb being bad. I've tried to use it for a while, determined that if I used RT on it, even on sale I was gonna make use of it, but the homing is horribad and I've seen several people walk through the flames without getting hit. It's semi-spamable as a tiny saving grace but not enough you can make a wall of fire or anything. It goes high enough that it frequently gets stopped by hitting the PS and doesn't go far enough to take advantage of lobbing it onto different levels, unless your just messing with someone perched on a cliff. But with the bad homing it'll probably take a few shots or a lot of practice to get it to hit the right place with the right angle, even if their not moving. Hell if you get hit with the Bad Homing status effect you might get more accurate.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 6:44 pm

Maril video I was talking about: http://en.niconico.sarashi.com/?sm13480290&1.5
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Dracatis wrote:
Yea, I'm leveling my Maril Trill right now and you just knock them out of the sky with sound balls then come in and hit them like a raging VF with her arm gun, instata dead AIR. I'm fairly sure it's a very high % blast because it doesn't do a ton to LAND most the time, but does like 4x against AIR's. The tiny advanatage of the 10 force one is a faster reload, a little longer range and a ton more ammo, so it's a bit more spammable. Their decent weapons if something is too close to you.

AIRs, you know you suck if you've been hit by a maril sound ball.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 10:25 pm

Hyoka wrote:
Dracatis wrote:

AIRs, you know you suck if you've been hit by a maril sound ball.

If you watch intet's video you see how bad the homing is.

Trill's balls aren't bad though.
Back to top Go down
Dracatis
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Dracatis

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Yes, Trill's Sound Balls are a bit better and I like that they can chase multiple targets so even if you miss one, at least you have some chance to hit others. Then you just own the face of whoever happens to fall from the sky with one of her arms Razz
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 2:22 pm

Trill arms have horrible accuracy, replace with regular Maril AM.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:35 pm

Fireflowers: does Blast melee damage and 5% chance to inflict Burn ailment

Also good luck trying to hit anything with stand-in place melee, lol
Back to top Go down
Arti
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Arti

Male Posts : 1204

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:04 pm

Fireflowers aren't shitty. They're like reskinned pompoms.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 3:14 pm

Arti wrote:
They can also extend your flight time by 2~3 seconds.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Suguri wrote:
Arti wrote:
They can also extend your flight time by 2~3 seconds.

Arti: who said they were?

Sugu: you mean activating while in flight?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:14 pm

knyx wrote:

Yep. Unlike most melee weapons you don't angle downward if you use it mid-flight, and you can do the entire combo airborne without boost instead of just the first part of it.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:45 pm

Suguri wrote:
knyx wrote:

Yep. Unlike most melee weapons you don't angle downward if you use it mid-flight, and you can do the entire combo airborne without boost instead of just the first part of it.

I'm pretty sure scaregant's knife and bomb also travel horizontally during combo, I've never seen it angle downwards.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:50 pm

That might have more to do with the inflight tilt vs the weapon properties.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 pm

I originally thought boost gun was shitty.

...Until I put a triple great rapid beta on it and stuck it on a hopper.

725 speed accelgun bullets.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:51 pm

Boost Gun is one of my favorite guns even untuned.

Seems they're pretty popular in JP with 1~2 high shooters.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:11 am

Poisedon AG-Missiles...

despite it can lock on many target, the range fail badly... also not that good for chasing air target (instead, it for running target... )
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:06 pm

Courius wrote:
Poisedon AG-Missiles...

despite it can lock on many target, the range fail badly... also not that good for chasing air target (instead, it for running target... )

Don't AGMissiles mean Anti-Ground Missiles?

if that's the case...ofc they don't track airs, they're for blasting land targets into dust
I'd expect them to work somewhat like Pulsemissiles, except the targeting scheme is reversed(shooting above the target = godly, below the target = complete shit).
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:

if that's the case...ofc they don't track airs, they're for blasting land targets into dust
I'd expect them to work somewhat like Pulsemissiles, except the targeting scheme is reversed(shooting above the target = godly, below the target = complete shit).
Poseidon AM1 (AG missile) is comparable to Snail BD.
Shoots alot.
Locks alot.
Misses alot.
And best used as a scaring tactic.

Also, AG missiles track grounded targets better than air targets. So it's a mirrored missile. If that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 3:39 pm

Fireflywater wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:

Poseidon AM1 (AG missile) is comparable to Snail BD.
Shoots alot.
Locks alot.
Misses alot.
And best used as a scaring tactic.

Also, AG missiles track grounded targets better than air targets. So it's a mirrored missile. If that makes sense.
It makes sense.
Like how Mach Knight ONE has pulse missiles that track air targets and not ground targets unless you are not flying.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:19 pm

I thought MOST pulsemissiles were anti-ground weapons. Psycho Cluster/Neo, Brickgale Black AM, that crappy AMJ, Air Raider BD, Poseidon AM missiles, and Geo F Mod AMs. I think Mach Knight One is the odd one out.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 4:25 pm

Iseal wrote:
I thought MOST pulsemissiles were anti-ground weapons. Psycho Cluster/Neo, Brickgale Black AM, that crappy AMJ, Air Raider BD, Poseidon AM missiles, and Geo F Mod AMs. I think Mach Knight One is the odd one out.
Yeah. I meant like how he was talking about mirrored missiles.
Missiles that don't actually hit the targets that you would like them to hit.
They hit targets that have defense against them lol.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 5:00 pm

I was referring to firekiller's post, with the "reversed pulsemissiles". I'm starting to doubt my previous idea that pulsemissiles gain homing as you go higher. I think it's just if you're higher, maybe up to a full jump guage. Oh, for shitty weapons, I'mma throw in Gimmick Launcher AMJ, Pulsemissile AMJ, and maybe Piercegun AMJ.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 7:53 pm

Pulse missiles only care about your altitude vs the target. As long as you're higher, they home well, even if it's a small amount of height you have. The reason people think that more height = more homing is because the homing property is more pronounced with greater differences in altitude.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Iseal wrote:
I was referring to firekiller's post, with the "reversed pulsemissiles". I'm starting to doubt my previous idea that pulsemissiles gain homing as you go higher. I think it's just if you're higher, maybe up to a full jump guage. Oh, for shitty weapons, I'mma throw in Gimmick Launcher AMJ, Pulsemissile AMJ, and maybe Piercegun AMJ.

I hear PierceGun AMJ is one of the better AMJs.

Never tried the others, so can't say.
Pulsemissiles do engage better homing systems if your altitude > your target's altitude. Making them very useful on Airs as Air flies higher than any other bot.

Mach Knight One's Pulsemissiles aren't great. They're actually quite shitty, seeing as 1)they're single fire(two pulsemissiles per clip, one clip a mag), 2)their homing seems to suck even at higher altitudes vs. the target, 3)they're really, really slow.
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 02, 2011 2:36 pm

I know that Pulsemissiles are better if your altitude>enemy altitude, but do they get better gradually as your height increases, or do they get the increase all at once when you pass an altitude "breakpoint"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [General]Shitty Weapon Thread   [General]Shitty Weapon Thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

[General]Shitty Weapon Thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next