Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?

Go down 
+46
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Tryrant
yilx
SoMotokuKarin
Etherlight
Sanzeinga
falcon1
Trill
necrodrakath
Lunyaa
fggt
Miyo-chan
Shance
CapeMike
Iseal
Asagi-san
knyx
madrugs
EMPattack
Priskern
Nisa
Raven
Hyoka
gamerrehab
ziix
rei_hunter
RoboFranky
Signilde
ywxiao
Suguri
Valkyrie
BNOISE
FireKiller87
Flandyrll
IronFist
xzpwnz
Tuskin
(´・ω・`)
NovaZero
SkyPanic
LordShade
fhoeng
reVelske
boytitan2
Divinity
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

How do you rate proness?
High BR
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
High Rank
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Consecutive Game Warrior
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 15 ]
1 V 1 PVP ownage
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 10 ]
Other (please state)
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_lcap51%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
Signilde
Signilde

How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:37 pm

Hmm. How they perform in a room, but keeping in mind several factors.

- What Bot they used
- What Bots the Enemy used
- What Map the match was on
- BP cost at end of match
- Definite points for avoiding using Short Boost, Seraph, or Eve.
- Overall tactics while in the arena.

For example, if you play a Non Seraph Air in an Art heavy room and still come out with no cost, kudos to you.

Short Boost I just see as the 'surefire win' Cart and thus have avoided using it even since the days of Beta.

Seraph has those anti homing wings. Why CS decided to make a bot that deliberately breaks their rock paper scissors setup is beyond me. Partucularly with slow tuned frau legs, this is just way too good.

Eve is just too Broken. It has the damage capability of the Vanguard, the mobility of the best air units, and the Eve Sheild to top all of that off.

Other things are situational. For example, people will say that TBG's missiles are too good. I think they are just right, but the problem is usually that too many people are using air and trying to rambo then complaining when it doesn't work out. Land units, particularly the fast ones, can really get in her face and take her down fast. People complain about Aquila Girl, yet imo the Seraph has wings that last much longer than her boosts and the seraph gets anti homing as well as a spammable tackle with invincibility frames. With all these toybox girls around, playing one of these and keeping yourself alive deserves some credit.

Just my five cents on the matter, take it as you will.

Last edited by Signilde on Mon May 02, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:43 pm

Get no1 and at leas 4 of the game awards with pure UC bots

that is SUPER SKILL
Back to top Go down
ywxiao

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:08 pm

Quote :

The problem with VF is that he's a poor escapist, unlike Ivis with her ability(I forget the name, something to do with being unable to stun Ivis, IIRC). Once VF makes a charge/sneak attack, he's usually focused, stunlocked, and destroyed. Thus the high prevalence of VF suicide builds, which commit suicide against a wall of enemies while trying to chop them into pieces, taking advantage of VF's extremely high damage output and his Overdrive ability(I think it's 100+ damage a slash, and multiple enemies can be caught in it if you charge at a group, and can score multiple kills if you make a successful attack against a healing group).

Committing suicide multiple times while getting 2k+ damage isn't exactly my idea of skill. It's more like "HURR DURR I RUNZ IN AND SPAMZ RIGHT CLICKZ 4 WINS".
Now if you actually play VF instead of simply trying to charge in and rip everything to shreds, that's somewhat more skillful.

The reason he's a poor escapist is because people use up all his capacity on str and the sword, properly tuned he escapes just fine.
Jumping into a heal group and doing 2k+ damage says more about the people that got hit than the VF, rather it's these people that encourage the stupid VF playing style.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:19 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Ability to survive, I guess.

^ and score high for the team.

Anyways, would a judgment of skill be good if the player can kill a Genbura with... a chibi? (Ohai BoyTitan)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 7:48 pm

RoboFranky wrote:
Get no1 and at leas 4 of the game awards with pure UC bots

that is SUPER SKILL
LOL

yet I have to sign for this Smile
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:01 pm

Signilde wrote:

- What Bot they used

For example, if you play a Non Seraph Air in an Art heavy room and still come out with no cost, kudos to you.

Short Boost I just see as the 'surefire win' Cart and thus have avoided using it even since the days of Beta.

Seraph has those anti homing wings. Why CS decided to make a bot that deliberately breaks their rock paper scissors setup is beyond me. Partucularly with slow tuned frau legs, this is just way too good.

Eve is just too Broken. It has the damage capability of the Vanguard, the mobility of the best air units, and the Eve Sheild to top all of that off.

Other things are situational. For example, people will say that TBG's missiles are too good. I think they are just right, but the problem is usually that too many people are using air and trying to rambo then complaining when it doesn't work out. Land units, particularly the fast ones, can really get in her face and take her down fast. People complain about Aquila Girl, yet imo the Seraph has wings that last much longer than her boosts and the seraph gets anti homing as well as a spammable tackle with invincibility frames. With all these toybox girls around, playing one of these and keeping yourself alive deserves some credit.

the problem is those weapon are homing, and have an great accuracy
when ppl try to practice hard to master their aiming skill, those bot is just spam clicking and can do the same, sometimes better

and i think you see some dull road battle with 3 TBG at a PS and make the rain of missiles, even LND unit can be stun again and again
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:08 pm

about UC bots owning at Union Wars . . .

Spoiler:

and I must say in the name of UC players . . .

YES WE CAN!!!

its just hard as hell.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:14 pm

IronFist wrote:

Spoiler:

YES WE CAN!!!

its just hard as hell.

try high tier room and you ll know lol!
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:20 pm

SkyPanic wrote:

try high tier room and you ll know lol!

I play only at 4K+ rooms (even because Im always around 4K, 5K and I drop my points mostly when I go using my LNDs or lol bots or SUP . . . sure, I also have my bad days) Wink
Back to top Go down
Signilde
Signilde

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:48 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
Signilde wrote:

- What Bot they used

the problem is those weapon are homing, and have an great accuracy
when ppl try to practice hard to master their aiming skill, those bot is just spam clicking and can do the same, sometimes better

and i think you see some dull road battle with 3 TBG at a PS and make the rain of missiles, even LND unit can be stun again and again

I will admit that the homing on that didn't need to be buffed. I was already hitting stuff just fine before the buff on my Aquila Girl. My point there was basically that while it is a good bot it certainly isn't the most broken and has it's limits.

As far as the three tbg's at dull road, why are you trying to solo three of those things under a PS? You have a team, if they are not helping you, that's where the problem is.
Back to top Go down
ziix
Burger Molcar
Burger Molcar

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 8:48 pm

I just suddenly see it.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:00 pm

Signilde wrote:

As far as the three tbg's at dull road, why are you trying to solo three of those things under a PS? You have a team, if they are not helping you, that's where the problem is.

I agree, but sometimes players just dont stand waiting for a team to step ahead with you and they just step ahead all alone because to remain at defense and watch the enemy to play hit and run with your team isnt that fun, even less when their hit and run is working and your team isnt able to survive or to hit anything (many times u see 7 guys trying to hit 1 air or 1 hopper and, lol, look like none of them can hit even once . . . problem with it is, only 1 or 2 are needed, all others just create more confusion and weaken more the defense as, if they are just trying to hit someone, they are not attacking all other attackers and the guys trying to defend get killed quick, team lose PS and then get smashed even more because if they couldnt handle 1 or 2 guys attacking, they will not handle an entire team attacking).
Back to top Go down
gamerrehab
gamerrehab

Male Posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 9:23 pm

I would view a skilled player as someone who would be able to be given ANY bot, of ANY type, and still be able to pwn in a game. Whether its a uc or rt bot.

That's where I feel the real skill in CB is. In a 1v1 or 15v15 game, give everyone the same robot with the exact same setup and see who comes out on top.

Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:01 pm

gamerrehab wrote:
I would view a skilled player as someone who would be able to be given ANY bot, of ANY type, and still be able to pwn in a game. Whether its a uc or rt bot.

That's where I feel the real skill in CB is. In a 1v1 or 15v15 game, give everyone the same robot with the exact same setup and see who comes out on top.

u will find it at lolbot parties like cannonballer or blocky parties where players make a room with these bots (and I never saw one but I read players talking about it and telling that sometimes it happen)
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:03 pm

IronFist wrote:
gamerrehab wrote:

u will find it at lolbot parties like cannonballer or blocky parties where players make a room with these bots (and I never saw one but I read players talking about it and telling that sometimes it happen)

Generally in this situation it's all about farming the awesome itemz.
Back to top Go down
gamerrehab
gamerrehab

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:28 pm

Hyoka wrote:
IronFist wrote:
gamerrehab wrote:

If it was me and my map. I would do a 15 on 15 on a flat open map with no items, and everyone gets a stock crim. Smile

I feel like Crims take the most skill to play with so they seem to be the right choice.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Hyoka wrote:
IronFist wrote:
gamerrehab wrote:

A true skill evaluation would be a 1v1, with both players(assuming they've spend about the same amount of time on the game; not afking, actually fighting, thus should logically have equal experience) given the exact same bot with the exact same stats and the exact same weapons, with no items allowed on either side. In addition, both players have the same computer with the same amount of usage time and available RAM, and the same distance from the main EN servers in an attempt to control for lag.
The player who comes out on top was either lucky and the win was a fluke, or the winner has somewhat more skill than the loser. However I'd say the above situation would be the best approximation of a player's overall skill level and strategic/tactical thinking, as most variable conditions(items, robot customizations, difference in stats, difference in selected weapons, etc.) have been controlled for. Unfortunately the above conditions are essentially impossible to obtain with any degree of regularity.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:37 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
Hyoka wrote:
IronFist wrote:

A true skill evaluation would be a 1v1, with both players(assuming they've spend about the same amount of time on the game; not afking, actually fighting, thus should logically have equal experience) given the exact same bot with the exact same stats and the exact same weapons, with no items allowed on either side. In addition, both players have the same computer with the same amount of usage time and available RAM, and the same distance from the main EN servers in an attempt to control for lag.
The player who comes out on top was either lucky and the win was a fluke, or the winner has somewhat more skill than the loser. However I'd say the above situation would be the best approximation of a player's overall skill level and strategic/tactical thinking, as most variable conditions(items, robot customizations, difference in stats, difference in selected weapons, etc.) have been controlled for. Unfortunately the above conditions are essentially impossible to obtain with any degree of regularity.

so 1 v 1 mean something when you got 3 enemy infront and try your best to kill one and died ?

lol
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:40 pm

It means when you're in a 1v3 and end up killing all 3 of them
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:47 pm

IronFist wrote:

How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Izunaftw1

YES WE CAN!!!

its just hard as hell.

I see my 1k support. I must have been using my Beezle this round. F*ck yeah, UC Cool
Back to top Go down
gamerrehab
gamerrehab

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:48 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
FireKiller87 wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

so 1 v 1 mean something when you got 3 enemy infront and try your best to kill one and died ?

lol

If it was me, i would do a tourney in which all players will be given one random bot to use just for the tourney one hour before the actual tourney. This bot will be locked from tuning or using tuned equipment/RT weapons, and only allowed to change equipment since equipment choice can go hand in hand with being a skilled player. Like a player choosing a weaker weapon with a higher stun would be a skilled decision.

Then once all the players are ready, they'll be put into 15v15 matches until the number left in the tourney dwindle to a small enough amount to do a 1v1 for the final spots.

This whole tourney of course will be using regular arena maps since items in arenas do take time and strategy to gather. Getting a tree early on may mean an item but at the same time could mean that they enemy has a head start to get in position. Or getting an item could mean delaying your advance so that the enemy would be closer to your power base where you can get rapid fire from.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:37 am

Cost : Damage

Or

Pwning with derpy bots.
Back to top Go down
gamerrehab
gamerrehab

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 10:41 am

Nisa wrote:
Cost : Damage

Or

Pwning with derpy bots.

I second that
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 11:36 am

xzpwnz wrote:

nice joke xz lol!

unless 3 of "them" don't know how to play CB lol!
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 EmptyTue May 03, 2011 12:41 pm

xzpwnz wrote:

That speak more about how bad the 3 are than how good the 1 is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next