Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?

Go down 
+46
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Tryrant
yilx
SoMotokuKarin
Etherlight
Sanzeinga
falcon1
Trill
necrodrakath
Lunyaa
fggt
Miyo-chan
Shance
CapeMike
Iseal
Asagi-san
knyx
madrugs
EMPattack
Priskern
Nisa
Raven
Hyoka
gamerrehab
ziix
rei_hunter
RoboFranky
Signilde
ywxiao
Suguri
Valkyrie
BNOISE
FireKiller87
Flandyrll
IronFist
xzpwnz
Tuskin
(´・ω・`)
NovaZero
SkyPanic
LordShade
fhoeng
reVelske
boytitan2
Divinity
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

How do you rate proness?
High BR
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_lcap11%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
High Rank
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Consecutive Game Warrior
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 15 ]
1 V 1 PVP ownage
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_lcap14%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 10 ]
Other (please state)
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_lcap51%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 51% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 6:54 pm

RoboFranky wrote:
IronFist wrote:
HEARTLESS_HALOS wrote:

some say beezls are imba airs XDDDD

those things are soo small , ppl cant shoot em

lol, agree . . .

I was having problems on killing a jumping cannonballer today because its so small u almost cant hit it.

wait wait wait!!
havent u guys checked the stats on my bot?
Its got:
0 WLK
0 FLY
0 TEC
0 STR
0 TGH

40 FLY Beezles are hard to hit but how bout a 0 FLY Beezle?
and how2pwn with 0 TEC + 0 STR? Razz
plz check first
Its impossible for anyone to get 10 BR with a commando of this.

Um...
Give that Beezle a Mini Bazooka, tuned for Force and Range, and a Wide Beam Gun tuned for Speed and Range(if possible, never found a 2s WBG yet).
Now you don't need to move to win.
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 7:18 pm

RoboFranky wrote:

plz check first

u was being sarcastic, I was being serious Wink

yet I understand the point . . .

also, CB have some differences form other games . .like . . .

FPS: sniper, support, assault, cover ops, stalker and rambo. u can see how good a player is at any of these ways of playing (like, who is better at sniper, at suport to help team advance with some safety, as assault and work in small groups of 2 to 5 changing positions and advancing at the right time, at cover ops and hunting supporters and snipers at mid/long range, stalking and killing unseen or going forward alone against the entire team and surviving to trollol some words and score.

at CB, u have (my view of the game, Im not following any "book" before someone say "IronFist dont know what hes talking about". I also named some of the ways of playing the game)

AIR:
raider-attacking 1x1 to 5x1 or even more to create as much damage as possible, dodging as much as possible and attacking as much as possible, usually at close range and flying fast through/at the enemy lines
sniper-attacking from the max range as possible that the bots you`re attacking cant hit u (what exclude most ARTs)
melee spammer-usually its 1x1 against someone slower than you (usually ARTs) but depending it work against other AIRs and some LNDs too
bombard-u just troll, like most Izunas do, from very high position where its hard to find someone that can hit u

LND:
suicider-mostly melee spammers like VF and some others . . . they go to make as much damage as possible and arent thinking about surviving. if they do survive, next move usually will be another suicide attack.
melee spammers-more the kind that search for someone lost at the battle field or almost alone while the enemy is retreating. they are also good to protect heallers but most of them do just when they are there for heal
hunter-something like low STR and higher TEC and WLK, good for hunting AIR, LND and ARTs that think u`re just another melee spammer just because u`re using a LND bot. also, good against raiders and snipers as WLK + weapon range give u a good chance to make enemy pull back or to bring the AIR bot down
hopper-they usually are there to make enemy go crazy trying to kill them, or to be an ass against some ARTs and LNDs that cant hit u because u hop hop around using your weapon at some range. a good hopper can do a lot of damage and cause a hell of confusion at the enemy defense.

ART:
sniper-fire from long range and better at higher place. can be deadly against players that are watching just their targets or that are trying to kill the ARTs going the wrong way (going against the ART face to face from long range and open area) . . . good way to play with your fatart but u have to watch your back for LNDs and to watch out for fast AIRs and other ARTs so, u can be deadly but u`re also a big and very slow target
hunter-yes, some ARTs have ways to move fast and hunt enemy bots, also making heavy damage and being able to make enemy go crazy trying to kill such kind of ART. u do better if u dont try to be a sniper for long when u decide its time to press right+left and set enemy under heavy fire because u`re ahead, attacking alone or almost alone and usually not at a high place. fatarts can try to be hunters too, just that, when team retreat, they usually dont have much time to follow the rest of the team and die so, better keep attacking as much as u can before u die if u do this mistake. fatarts being hunters need to see when the team will retreat and start retreating before the team, or else it can be a very big problem.

SUP:
healer-many SUP bots are there just to heal. some of them even try to go ahead and hit something, many times even kill something, but most just stay back and heal, some others follow the attackers and try to heal them there or to heal close to where the team is attacking.
mobile PS-other good use is to be like a mobile PS, making the defensers or attackers to fire a lot faster without the need of a PS. they also hit a lot faster so many mobile PS go ahead and try to mak a lot of damage or to kill, the players good at it do a good job attacking the enemy like that.

so, who is good and who is the best??? depend on how u play.
sure, that also depend on bot build-up but, it could also be considered as a way to see how good a player is (how good the player is at bot build-up) and thats for sure that someone with a better bot or a better bot build-up have better chances to do good at the game.
Back to top Go down
RoboFranky
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RoboFranky

Male Posts : 1312

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 8:57 pm

FireKiller87 wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
IronFist wrote:

lol, agree . . .

I was having problems on killing a jumping cannonballer today because its so small u almost cant hit it.

wait wait wait!!
Its got:
0 WLK
0 FLY
0 TEC
0 STR
0 TGH

plz check first

Um...
Give that Beezle a Mini Bazooka, tuned for Force and Range, and a Wide Beam Gun tuned for Speed and Range(if possible, never found a 2s WBG yet).
Now you don't need to move to win.

its got 2 free arms? yes
but....
how2give weps
to a maxed capa bot? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Iseal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Iseal

Male Posts : 268

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptyThu May 12, 2011 11:36 pm

Spawn with Summon Hipporoid, wait until team is losing (try to work on leadership medal during this). Summon Hippo near item boxes, gain 4x Summon Hipporoid. Flop around like a fish until you reach enemy PS/mass heal camp. Summon 4x Omega Hipporoid, watch kills. Flee (optional). Boast about ridiculous turnaround win for years to come!

...Though you'd be better off mass-rolling Garapon with that kind of luck. If anyone pulls that off without rigging the game and provides proof, I'll eat my socks.
Back to top Go down
piroton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
piroton

Male Posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptyFri Jun 10, 2011 11:15 pm

My definition of skill:
- Having the good build sense to make what doesn't seem to work work.
- Having the good build sense to make an underused bot shine.
- Knowing how to use the mechanics of the games
- Knowing how to stay alive as much as possible within a set context
- Having an good damage-cost ratio
- Knowing what to do when the situation arises
- Knowing when to chase and when to retreat
- Winning without resorting to gaming the system

If you can fit all of the above, you are incredibly skilled.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:30 am

situational awareness and how people act with the bot they have (also: bot construction with the limits the person has or sets themselfs)
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 8:09 am

piroton wrote:
My definition of skill:
- Having the good build sense to make what doesn't seem to work work.
- Having the good build sense to make an underused bot shine.
- Knowing how to use the mechanics of the games
- Knowing how to stay alive as much as possible within a set context
- Having an good damage-cost ratio
- Knowing what to do when the situation arises
- Knowing when to chase and when to retreat
- Winning without resorting to gaming the system

If you can fit all of the above, you are incredibly skilled.

What do you mean by "gaming the system"?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:09 am

RoboFranky wrote:
IronFist wrote:
HEARTLESS_HALOS wrote:

some say beezls are imba airs XDDDD

those things are soo small , ppl cant shoot em

lol, agree . . .

wait wait wait!!
Its got:
0 WLK
0 FLY
0 TEC
0 STR
0 TGH

plz check first
>"your" bot
>my build

ahue
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 10:16 am

ara.... you missing put high frags there... especialy last-hit-steal frags ... it a skill!!!
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 11:20 am

Suguri wrote:
RoboFranky wrote:
IronFist wrote:

lol, agree . . .

wait wait wait!!
Its got:
0 WLK
0 FLY
0 TEC
0 STR
0 TGH

plz check first
>"your" bot
>my build

ahue

Sugu derpbee so sugoi.
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 3:10 pm

IronFist wrote:

SUP:
healer-many SUP bots are there just to heal. some of them even try to go ahead and hit something, many times even kill something, but most just stay back and heal, some others follow the attackers and try to heal them there or to heal close to where the team is attacking.
mobile PS-other good use is to be like a mobile PS, making the defensers or attackers to fire a lot faster without the need of a PS. they also hit a lot faster so many mobile PS go ahead and try to mak a lot of damage or to kill, the players good at it do a good job attacking the enemy like that.

ok... since you're serious... imma add some for SUP

Jammer : Nicole Malice , Winberrl , Bugsy (his AM only) , Pulsaradio , sigma clock and Girenaut... buggin yo enemies with damn anoyying abilities.

Tanker : Triple ( or quad) guard catridge... sup actually suprisingly durable... especialy due have no real weakness agains any weapon.

Buffer : most chibis , with their magic circle.

Warper: Teleport Wonder Bit, it send your allies to the WB holder location... good for rush or make suprise attack

Hopper : some Sup capable for Short Boost, and combined with Tanker and Undead Bit, they really damn anoyying to kill
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:18 pm

If I acknowledge them,I will usually remember their individual names.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:24 pm

Nisa wrote:
If I acknowledge them,I will usually remember their individual names.
This
Since there's only around 5 people I acknowledge anyways
Back to top Go down
pipcard
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
pipcard

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:45 pm

A person who can aim well (especially on a very fast flying target).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?
Page 7 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7