Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?

Go down 
+46
HEARTLESS_HALOS
Tryrant
yilx
SoMotokuKarin
Etherlight
Sanzeinga
falcon1
Trill
necrodrakath
Lunyaa
fggt
Miyo-chan
Shance
CapeMike
Iseal
Asagi-san
knyx
madrugs
EMPattack
Priskern
Nisa
Raven
Hyoka
gamerrehab
ziix
rei_hunter
RoboFranky
Signilde
ywxiao
Suguri
Valkyrie
BNOISE
FireKiller87
Flandyrll
IronFist
xzpwnz
Tuskin
(´・ω・`)
NovaZero
SkyPanic
LordShade
fhoeng
reVelske
boytitan2
Divinity
50 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

How do you rate proness?
High BR
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_lcap11%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 8 ]
High Rank
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_lcap4%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Consecutive Game Warrior
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_lcap20%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 15 ]
1 V 1 PVP ownage
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_lcap14%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_rcap
 14% [ 10 ]
Other (please state)
How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_lcap51%How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Vote_rcap
 51% [ 38 ]
Total Votes : 74

AuthorMessage
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Empty
PostSubject: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Just curious to see how the community defines a skillful player vs a skilless one.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:14 pm

None of the above judge player skill I have the above 3 and i suck and for 1vs1 no there a certain builds that can work only in 1vs1 so no
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:17 pm

Anyone who can consistently Game Warrior/Destroyer using something that isn't EVE/Aquila Girl/TBG/Seraph/Frau kicker/VF/dog/Alpha Air.

ie. hopping takes skills.

Last edited by reVelske on Mon May 02, 2011 12:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:18 pm

If some unique stunt is pulled off and got away with it.

low: simply shoot
mid: aim ahead
high: interesting maneuvers I haven't seen before

Everything else is more about the bot than the player, from what I saw.
Back to top Go down
LordShade
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
LordShade

Male Posts : 1236

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:28 pm

this game doesn't have any skill cause there is an auto aim helper for every damn weapon in the game.

if it was more free aim then skill would be a major contribution into the who would win or not.

it would also make sniper rifle type weapons useful if you actually used the scope that it has on it more.. (it wouldn't hurt to increase the bullet speed so its massive range would hit far off units easily)

they also needs to be a bit more special cart for land. air gets accele roll and air loop, what about a cartwheel for moebot lands?, a dash forward roll as well?

they also need to make the hitboxes smaller. right now i can hit you in the middle gap between most leg units and you'd take damage, but if the hitboxes were more complex. I.e instead of something opening in 3dsmax and basically a tight square, if they had the hitbox hugging the characters model, so that bullets that would hit if it hit thin air between the legs would actually pass right through and cause no damage.

that would be an accurate degree of skill. with a new hitbox system like that getting bonus hits on the core would be a very good way of judging skill.

unless your core is just enormous then at that point I suggest you change robots.

but many of us know the cores of the robots are actually tiny, its everything else that explodes their sizes to ridiculous proportions.

though right now....

getting 0 cost and top 10 seems to be a pretty good representation of skill.
Back to top Go down
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:36 pm

it depend in what bot that player use, what score that player does in a match

1 v 1 in this game means nothing, it's just like to show how rich of the player is
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:43 pm

Ability to survive, I guess.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:53 pm

LordShade wrote:
this game doesn't have any skill cause there is an auto aim helper for every damn weapon in the game.

if it was more free aim then skill would be a major contribution into the who would win or not.

it would also make sniper rifle type weapons useful if you actually used the scope that it has on it more.. (it wouldn't hurt to increase the bullet speed so its massive range would hit far off units easily)

they also needs to be a bit more special cart for land. air gets accele roll and air loop, what about a cartwheel for moebot lands?, a dash forward roll as well?

they also need to make the hitboxes smaller. right now i can hit you in the middle gap between most leg units and you'd take damage, but if the hitboxes were more complex. I.e instead of something opening in 3dsmax and basically a tight square, if they had the hitbox hugging the characters model, so that bullets that would hit if it hit thin air between the legs would actually pass right through and cause no damage.

that would be an accurate degree of skill. with a new hitbox system like that getting bonus hits on the core would be a very good way of judging skill.

unless your core is just enormous then at that point I suggest you change robots.

but many of us know the cores of the robots are actually tiny, its everything else that explodes their sizes to ridiculous proportions.

though right now....

getting 0 cost and top 10 seems to be a pretty good representation of skill.

THIS no really THIS

proof that this game dosent require skill is the fact that 90% of players never played a fps I asked kampfer what games besides this that take skill does he play and he names shit tier mmos like leuge of legends wile I named fps games like tribes quake halo unreal tournemant etc

honestly there is no skill needed in this game it all comes down to 3 thing who ahs the best build who is the most patient and who has the team with better builds thats it PERIOD
Back to top Go down
Divinity
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Divinity

Male Posts : 262

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:57 pm

But really, if you have 2 people with the exact same bots with no customization, one would surely win, so there has to be at least some skill involved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_f_home&tar
SkyPanic
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
SkyPanic

Male Posts : 775

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:07 pm

btw this game begin to become game for lazy ppl who "spam right click for the win"

LND: Vanguard fencer "right click in the right range = you died"
AIR: Aquila girl flying around and " right click for blaster rape ", you go alone ? take all blaster hit that damage equal an star dust cannon hit you
ART: Toy box girl and Albatreos "right click to make the sky of missiles"
SUP: Nicole malice "Chip damage but mass accuracy, spam right click to see enemy fall down"

idk what the game maker think to made some thing retard like this
wth is "spam click for the win ? the dam accuracy rate of those homing weapon re badass"
it make this game less addicting and skilled

i hope i ll not ve to see one day players lines up in each battle and two team begin to spam click to win

lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:13 pm

SkyPanic wrote:
btw this game begin to become game for lazy ppl who "spam right click for the win"

LND: Vanguard fencer "right click in the right range = you died"
AIR: Aquila girl flying around and " right click for blaster rape ", you go alone ? take all blaster hit that damage equal an star dust cannon hit you
ART: Toy box girl and Albatreos "right click to make the sky of missiles"
SUP: Nicole malice "Chip damage but mass accuracy, spam right click to see enemy fall down"

idk what the game maker think to made some thing retard like this
wth is "spam click for the win ? the dam accuracy rate of those homing weapon re badass"
it make this game less addicting and skilled

i hope i ll not ve to see one day players lines up in each battle and two team begin to spam click to win

lol! lol!

this already happend in a shuffle with mostly star ranks we all said fu.ck and went full fag like 8 eves 15 vangaurds and alpha strikers and hopperes everywere for like 15 games in a row wasnt a uc bot or not fag build in site lol
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:21 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
...went full fag like 8 eves 15 vangaurds and alpha strikers and hopperes everywere for like 15 games in a row wasnt a uc bot or not fag build in site lol

vangaurds? in my JPCBEN play? what is this... i dont even
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:28 pm

Common sense.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:30 pm

(´・ω・`) wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
...went full fag like 8 eves 15 vangaurds and alpha strikers and hopperes everywere for like 15 games in a row wasnt a uc bot or not fag build in site lol

were have u been cben already has the all the op melee weapons aside from cuntvis I mean ivs vangaurd checked lancelots k sowrd jet hammer and daidelions sword am for making fag melee builds check hati garm machine checked

and if u cant get any of them and have shit tier luck theres squaler sword cart step and slash Cool Cool
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:41 pm

Cost:Damage ratio
Back to top Go down
IronFist
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
IronFist

Male Posts : 502

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:07 pm

1 - choose your bot (you have to know what kind of bot u play better)
2 - choose your battle (you have to know what your bot is good and bad against)
3 - choose your weapons (you have to know how u play better, no matter how and what other players play)
4 - choose where you will fight (as your bot is good and bad depending on the terrain)
5 - survive while you hit the enemy (be it from distance or melee)

these are the 5 points that make u a good player or not and thats needed some skill and common sense to be a good player (to play good)

and, lol, my friend play FPSs with me and I must tell you, FPS players tend to like to ONE HIT the enemy with a Head Shot or to kill the enemy with just some shots and, at CB you dont kill with 1 or 2 hits (and u need a lot more hits when u start the game because your starter bots sucks).
I must tell, he is a good FPS player but at CB he look like Stevie Wonder trying to hit other players (mostly because he dont get the idea of "range" for the weapons, he think the weapons should fire to the end of the map no matter what, lol, he dont get the bots are big as trees or even bigger and, having this to make a comparison, the effective distance of a shotgun is far greater than the effective distance of a shotgun at most FPSs considerng that the tree have some 7meters, 10meters height, the shotgun would fire at some 30 meters with effective damage . . . also, considering he barely hit someone and die a lot, he complained so much about the game - because hes bad as hell at it - that he played just some 5 battles and never played anymore)

so, CB for FPS players is like shit because u cant make HSs neither kill fast with a cheap and non "cash" (for CB is RT) weapon, also shots arent effective from one corner to the other of the map so I would say u dont find many FPS players playing CB and yes, CB have aim help but because CB is more about how u move and less about how u aim, yet, u need aim skills to:
- use artillery weapons against AIR/LND/"hopper" bots, even more when they are so fast they dodge your homming misisles easily
- use zoocas or grenades (again, he faster the target is the more aim skills u need)
- to hit seraphs
- to aim at the right target (sometimes u want to kill someone that is almost dead but this someone is under the PS or among his teammates and, lol, the CB auto-aim help aim for the first thing closer to you aim and not to where your aim is so u have to set your aim ahead and ajust your movement to aim at the right target.
- to go melee spam (yes, using something like Red Squealer AMs isnt all the easy to use and hit . . . when target is moving, or sometimes even when its not moving, the AM move you to other side or just move u ahead and not to the target, u need skill to aim with that thing - still trying to get this kind of aim with my LND bots)

Last edited by IronFist on Mon May 02, 2011 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flandyrll
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Flandyrll

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:11 pm

xzpwnz wrote:
This, with an extra set of rules, bot factor.
If you're scoring a good Damage : Cost ratio with a strong bot, then it doesn't mean anything because everyone could have done the same. Example, dealing 2000 damage with one Fencer isn't really something that special. However, keeping up a good Damage : Cost ratio with various bots that isn't something such as hoppers, AIR with Moving Burst, etc would mean there is in fact some level of skill involved. Take for instance, killing hoppers with a Breaker isn't something a person with a low level of skill can perform.
Back to top Go down
(´・ω・`)
Abbey Denied
Abbey Denied

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:23 pm

boytitan2 wrote:
(´・ω・`) wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

were have u been cben already has the all the op melee weapons aside from cuntvis I mean ivs vangaurd checked lancelots k sowrd jet hammer and daidelions sword am for making fag melee builds check hati garm machine checked

and if u cant get any of them and have shit tier luck theres squaler sword cart step and slash Cool Cool

you did not realize the point i was making, vangaurds suck compared to Jhams, BC sword and garm. just for some unkown reason CBEN has yet to catch on the awsomeness of Jham since apparently im the only heavily tuned one out there atm. fyi this is asukuu remember the guy who u 1v1'd recently with 3 melee commandos?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

and this is my vangaurd i hate him
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/asukuu
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 3:35 pm

Flandyrll wrote:
xzpwnz wrote:
This, with an extra set of rules, bot factor.
If you're scoring a good Damage : Cost ratio with a strong bot, then it doesn't mean anything because everyone could have done the same. Example, dealing 2000 damage with one Fencer isn't really something that special. However, keeping up a good Damage : Cost ratio with various bots that isn't something such as hoppers, AIR with Moving Burst, etc would mean there is in fact some level of skill involved. Take for instance, killing hoppers with a Breaker isn't something a person with a low level of skill can perform.
This.
Although the concept of a "strong bot" is somewhat subjective except for the ones the population considers strong universally.

I consider the "skill" of an opponent based on how long they play(logically experience increases with time, thus you should get better because all that experience = practice and you should be decent with your chosen bots), what bots they play with(something where you can do "HURR DURR I SPAMZ LEFT N RIGHT CLICKZ" and kill tons of shit doesn't impress a lot of people), and damage done per cost with said bots.
What I consider skill is 1)somebody who can have a large impact with a bot most others consider crappy or 2)somebody who uses bots in an odd but effective way, not just how others use it. I feel like innovation is key in determining skill. Sure, you can use just the one weapon on a bot where all you have to do is smash your mouse buttons and you win with 5 awards and shit, but all it tells others about your level of skill is that you know how to smash mouse buttons and maybe some basic evasion.

EDIT: I'd say common sense is something everybody should have, not just skilled players. If you're charging into a group of 5 enemy players hoping to take most or all of them out(assuming all players involved have the same level of skill and approximately equal stats and bot abilities), let's be honest. That's not unskilled. That's just stupid.
Of course, you can take on 5 players at once with a Fencer, at melee range, and wipe them all off the map, but that just tells people you can get close and use your 54 force 2h sword to hit everything for 100+ damage/slash.
Back to top Go down
BNOISE
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
BNOISE

Male Posts : 1216

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:01 pm

other - consecutive game warrior in a high br room
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:21 pm

Òther (even thoug I chose "High rank accidentally"):
-Dodgeing skills (hopping, etc.)
-Aiming skills
-Common Sense (even though most people have it at a certain rank Razz )
-Strategic skills (positioning, choosing enemies, using items to their fullest etc.)
-Cooperative skills (as 1v1 proves notihng)
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:15 pm

(´・ω・`) wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
(´・ω・`) wrote:

you did not realize the point i was making, vangaurds suck compared to Jhams, BC sword and garm. just for some unkown reason CBEN has yet to catch on the awsomeness of Jham since apparently im the only heavily tuned one out there atm. fyi this is asukuu remember the guy who u 1v1'd recently with 3 melee commandos?
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

TEACH ME HOW TO CART STEP =D
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:43 pm

A combination of overall performance, bot builds, how they use said builds in battle, etc. I see koi get top 3 a lot with low cost, and know he has good build sense; he's a skilled player. I see SilentIce running three Victory 1s with double vipers and spawnkill him four times before one of his teammates decides to stop me from farming any more points; he is not a skilled player.
Back to top Go down
ywxiao

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:44 pm

(´・ω・`) wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
(´・ω・`) wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Let's be honest here, VF is from a different category of melee bots than the 3 you listed, with those 3 you just charge into a bunch of people and melee for the win.
VF is like Ivis, you are supposed to be sneaky, come up behind unsuspecting enemy and quickly ripped them apart(at least take off an arm or two), then run away before you are focused.
Both categories are extremely effective when used right, but VF can be map dependent, for example using him on GW is not such a good idea because there is too much open space.
Back to top Go down
FireKiller87
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FireKiller87

Male Posts : 1708

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? EmptyMon May 02, 2011 6:26 pm

ywxiao wrote:
(´・ω・`) wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Let's be honest here, VF is from a different category of melee bots than the 3 you listed, with those 3 you just charge into a bunch of people and melee for the win.
VF is like Ivis, you are supposed to be sneaky, come up behind unsuspecting enemy and quickly ripped them apart(at least take off an arm or two), then run away before you are focused.
Both categories are extremely effective when used right, but VF can be map dependent, for example using him on GW is not such a good idea because there is too much open space.

The problem with VF is that he's a poor escapist, unlike Ivis with her ability(I forget the name, something to do with being unable to stun Ivis, IIRC). Once VF makes a charge/sneak attack, he's usually focused, stunlocked, and destroyed. Thus the high prevalence of VF suicide builds, which commit suicide against a wall of enemies while trying to chop them into pieces, taking advantage of VF's extremely high damage output and his Overdrive ability(I think it's 100+ damage a slash, and multiple enemies can be caught in it if you charge at a group, and can score multiple kills if you make a successful attack against a healing group).

Committing suicide multiple times while getting 2k+ damage isn't exactly my idea of skill. It's more like "HURR DURR I RUNZ IN AND SPAMZ RIGHT CLICKZ 4 WINS".
Now if you actually play VF instead of simply trying to charge in and rip everything to shreds, that's somewhat more skillful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you acknowledge a player's skill?   How do you acknowledge a player's skill? Empty

Back to top Go down

How do you acknowledge a player's skill?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next