Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. Empty
PostSubject: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:13 pm

This guide is based on my personnel experience and based on another guide http://www.cosmicbreak.com/_/wiki/index.php?title=Quest_Mode
I am not a pro in this game or fighting Fractulus, neither is this guide. Some more experienced people may disagree or know some exceptions, this just a basic guide. (my english not good so my excuses for grammar mistakes).

Requirement
*Bots*
You need atleast 2 bots who are equiped to fight frac, the third bot can be used to lvl up.
I recommend air bots (prefer L-sized with omega blasters or M/L-sized with CSG (custom shotgun) also sombody with full support+burst bit for 3*). I personaly prefer air over art/lnd is because they have a longer boost(flying) time then other bots wich can be usefull not to fall down when you fight fractulus.
(If you have bots that can summon a shield that protect you (and your party) from projectile attacks use them because they can be very helpfull against frac.)

*Weapons*
Shotgun/blaster: Blaster has a longer range then shotgun so your bullets can reach frac on more platforms with blaster then shotgun. So blasters are more suited for less experienced players also with L-sized air bots you have the highest DPS (besides CSG). If you planning to use shotguns it requires to be so close possible (staying on the edge) on the closest platform to frac.
Shotgun/blaster reach
How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. ?plugin=ref&serial=2333How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. ?plugin=ref&serial=2334
(This images are taken from japanese wiki)

*Wonderbits*
Burst bit for support to higher the DPS. Propeller bit for air (longer fly time). (They aren't nececairy for 2* but they can help clearing the stage faster.)

Fractulus
Fractulus is a huge stationary ball in the air that shoots bullets to you.

Tactical suicides:
Since frac has that much hp there will be times you run out of ammo or almost has no ammo. When that happends try to die on purpose so you can get a new bot and shoot on him again.

Before you face fractulus you first need to compleet some challenges.
Challenges:
Spoiler:

After all the challenges are finished Fractalus appears also ufo's will be summoned (ignore them they do minor damage) and platforms appears to Fractulus.
Fractulus attack:
Spoiler:

Last edited by griffen on Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:30 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:14 pm

reserved spot
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:33 pm

Good start. Notice that baltheon players are heavily recommended to try : the baltheon can protect a whole team from slow balls and blue bolts as they do nothing to the shield.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:42 pm

I'd say using propeller bits greatly cuts down on the need for stopping and charging boost gauge - avoiding exploding platforms too. Smile
Back to top Go down
griffen
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
griffen

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 pm

hmm yeah propeller bit that i din't think of that. Actually i never used one what it actually does? extra boost?faster fly?
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Think of it as the poor man's Seraph Crim wings. Boost Gauge lasts A LOT longer than it does normally... if you activate and then fly, chances are you'll be flying for the entire duration of the Wonder bit.

Or in my case, when they get blown up due to missiles. Sad
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't really like propeller bit against him, unlike Berzeze. Usually you're flying time is used to shot&flee the lazoor, nothing more. Also flying close to fracta (you're often closer than on platforms) upgrade your chances of being burnt by the blue balls : you tend to randomly hit one that was aiming for a guy on the platform next to you. And you can't profit from burst bit of your friends.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:51 am

aquila is very useful for this boss since his core weapon is essentially a free blaster to up your DPS and TGH isn't important against this boss since you shouldn't get hit at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.   How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide. Empty

Back to top Go down

How to fight Frac ( Fractulus ) guide.
Page 1 of 1