Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[general]Guide to Artillery Units

Go down 
+52
Nisa
Aurum_Sol
SkyPanic
Intet
fhoeng
Suguri
xzpwnz
pipcard
Shaftronics
donggyu
Siloviky
johannart
Shin Majin
spiketrigger
Bysta
Vareluxe
TaeTae
werty16
NovaZero
FlyingTofu
Kaizye
Aww
knyx
Puddin'
technomo12
MightyPeanut
GurrenMk3
Replekia
Tigerdove
saihamaru
Desu
Hyoka
SilentEagle1
sibladeko
Shoki
Ivalsetto
carrot
ArchAngelz
scizo
Rein
Sunohara
Daizengar
Wystner
MCPeePants
KBTKaiser
Admin
Foxie
Garfy
Kampfer
Mike
zeando
Anomalies
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Aww
Aww

Male Posts : 45

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 5:02 am

ok ok, it depends on the playing style. If you have good aiming but die quite early due to lack of survival skills (me, I can't help it, it's a habit) then get 2 blast bazookas. If you tend to be backed up and somehow not die so quickly then you can bet on firing all weapons with the Asura AMJ. For me, it depends on the map as well. If you are in high places filled with lava and no wide flat surfaces then I wouldn't quad wield, I'd use blast bazookas. In flat arenas like Green Wind I'll quad wield. Oh, and I don't want to argue but I somehow feel that Lily Rain also needs a bit of mobility to it. If you have quick hands then you might spam the dash buttons and click both mouse buttons at same time - but I haven't seen what will happen. And if I decide to go straight for Asura AMJ, then I would tune up on the walk and fly since I before told you I die quickly but not completely.

(note: I don't have Asura AMJ's or Blast Bazookas, for those AMJ's please quest with me) Shocked
(second note: if you quest with me don't ditch me pale )
Back to top Go down
Kaizye
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kaizye

Male Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 10:43 pm

this guide helped me a bit . thanks for your idea guys bounce Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://zhelier.deviantart.com/
FlyingTofu
FlyingTofu

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:35 am

Now, to bump this thread. After talking to Tae, werty and Admin I've found out this - another type of upgrade build:

6x Cost Capacity
Float Dash
Short Jump
Moving Burst
Blast Guard

Weapons, if you can get blasts then: Blast Bazooka, and Handy Bazooka - no Asura AMJ.

There we go, and for the person that's currently mass defaming me which will happen soon - GET A LIFE! IS THAT ALL YOU CAN DO? POINTLESSLY MASS DEFAMING SOMEONE FOR DOING NOTHING?!

Full Stop, and if anyone can help me find the mass defamer, I'd greatly appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:43 am

Anyone know if this setup for a Lily is good?

2x Muskets
2x Misside AMs

6x Capacity Ups
Moving Burst

Next few cartridges are whatever.

Because I have a Lily with 2x Muskets and 2x Folded Rifle AMJs with Moving Burst in CBUS OBT, and it's rather effective since rifles have more range than bazookas and I can stay mobile enough to avoid and shoot.

Why rifles instead of bazookas? I'm bored of bazookas, 'tis all.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

Male Posts : 224

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:56 am

guess its ok but i recomend build arm BS on it too just in case if u wana shoot from lil further and theres water in the way XD
Back to top Go down
FlyingTofu
FlyingTofu

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 2:42 am

NovaZero wrote:
Anyone know if this setup for a Lily is good?

2x Muskets
2x Misside AMs

6x Capacity Ups
Moving Burst

Next few cartridges are whatever.

Because I have a Lily with 2x Muskets and 2x Folded Rifle AMJs with Moving Burst in CBUS OBT, and it's rather effective since rifles have more range than bazookas and I can stay mobile enough to avoid and shoot.

Why rifles instead of bazookas? I'm bored of bazookas, 'tis all.

I have a question, let's say you have a lily.
Would she be stronger with a rifle or a bazooka with the same force - excluding criticals including the number of players it hits? Could it be that lily is better with accelguns, vulcans, machine guns, etc. than bazookas? Because her default bit would be the auto gun bit so...
well that's just my theory...
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:00 am

bazookas do bonus damage against air =[
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:10 am

Bazookas do bonus to air, but any other robo with access to Blast Guard will mitigate it a little, due to the whole 50% off damage deal. However, no one will bother to waste a cartridge slot for Shell Guard. And even then, it'll only shave off 10% shell damage. With that in mind, dual rifles can do a number on arties or anything that's big.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:42 am

NovaZero wrote:
Bazookas do bonus to air, but any other robo with access to Blast Guard will mitigate it a little, due to the whole 50% off damage deal. However, no one will bother to waste a cartridge slot for Shell Guard. And even then, it'll only shave off 10% shell damage. With that in mind, dual rifles can do a number on arties or anything that's big.

Yup, hence why the target selection is different whether u choose rifles or baz.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:54 am

The one thing I hate about Lily is that her EXP caps are pretty steep compared to other robos and the cart I want(Moving Burst) is only available at Lv. 8, meaning I'll need 50 more Rt before I can complete my dream Lily.

Good thing there's a Rt exchange event coming next week.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:06 am

NovaZero wrote:
The one thing I hate about Lily is that her EXP caps are pretty steep compared to other robos and the cart I want(Moving Burst) is only available at Lv. 8, meaning I'll need 50 more Rt before I can complete my dream Lily.

Good thing there's a Rt exchange event coming next week.

Sadly, tuning is fail in jpcb =[
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:19 am

Eh. I'm not the kind of person to tune, anyway.

EDIT: Wow. Apparently, dual muskets don't do well alone. Only effective if you have either Misside AMs or Folded Rifle AMJs. Effectiveness is doubled if you can learn Moving Burst. Right now, I'm making my Lily do retreating single burst attacks when danger is imminent.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 10:36 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Eh. I'm not the kind of person to tune, anyway.

EDIT: Wow. Apparently, dual muskets don't do well alone. Only effective if you have either Misside AMs or Folded Rifle AMJs. Effectiveness is doubled if you can learn Moving Burst. Right now, I'm making my Lily do retreating single burst attacks when danger is imminent.

Yeh i found that out a while ago. The thing about folding rifle is that they have different firing rates than some of the other muskets so the 2 types of rifles shoot at different times, so it sort of makes it easier to hit some of the shots. Missaide arms are obviously good but they only have 60 ammo =[
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:20 am

That's what I hate about the Misside AMs too. I'm starting to wish that there was a new kind of AM other than a Misside AM where:
-has its own primary weapon
-can shoot while holding weapons
-is S or M sized
-can be equipped by artillery types

Oh and, shotguns are lulz.
Back to top Go down
FlyingTofu
FlyingTofu

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:32 am

NovaZero wrote:
That's what I hate about the Misside AMs too. I'm starting to wish that there was a new kind of AM other than a Misside AM where:
-has its own primary weapon
-can shoot while holding weapons
-is S or M sized
-can be equipped by artillery types

Oh and, shotguns are lulz.

Yeah lol, if Domiclown arms (the one with the homing cards) were ART and S sized as well, I'd be very happy. But is there a cheap substitute for Muskets that aren't explosives?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 4:34 am

Right now, I'm making my Lily test dual automags.

-They have a good firing rate.
-Shell types that hurt quite a lot.
-Range is too short to be effective long range, but is good for mid-range combat and can reach far enough to hit aerial types that fly low(and depending on their weapons, they have to fly low).
-They aren't detrimental to my Lily's FLY stat. Seriously, dual Hand Bazookas reduce her FLY to 14. With dual Automags, her FLY stays at 18.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 am

NovaZero wrote:
Right now, I'm making my Lily test dual automags.

-They have a good firing rate.
-Shell types that hurt quite a lot.
-Range is too short to be effective long range, but is good for mid-range combat and can reach far enough to hit aerial types that fly low(and depending on their weapons, they have to fly low).
-They aren't detrimental to my Lily's FLY stat. Seriously, dual Hand Bazookas reduce her FLY to 14. With dual Automags, her FLY stays at 18.

Well the counter argument to that is that most jp players are more tuned than us, hence with 14 fly or 18 fly, ur still screwed in the movement department. However, handy baz have nice damage vs air and in general (unless blast guard). I've tried dual acceleguns before than they were decent =/ Tho i cant make lily rain work well in cbjp. Hva to wait for ob2 to come out =[
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:14 am

Yeah. Also, I hate how the JPs have access to stuff like Air Loop and all that, while we have to wait every 4 Fridays for 50 Rt.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 11:53 am

NovaZero wrote:
Yeah. Also, I hate how the JPs have access to stuff like Air Loop and all that, while we have to wait every 4 Fridays for 50 Rt.

Yeh, esp if u like using mech that are tuning dependent =[ (i.e. me) lol.

Sadly the weapon selection fails with small air mech in the uc shop.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:35 pm

i got 14 days of air loop and i dont even want it
darn u log in event ._.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:49 pm

werty16 wrote:
i got 14 days of air loop and i dont even want it
darn u log in event ._.

aww, i got 50 rt for logging in then got summer jetter girl on 1st garapon roll. I'm happy. Apart from the fact I got no decent weapons to equip her -.- So it still fails,
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:02 pm

TaeTae wrote:
Yeh, esp if u like using mech that are tuning dependent =[
I feel you there. Some of the robos I want(Ivis and ZS Girl) need to be tuned to be effective. And since we need Rt to effectively tune them properly...

Quote :
aww, i got 50 rt for logging in then got summer jetter girl on 1st garapon roll. I'm happy. Apart from the fact I got no decent weapons to equip her -.- So it still fails,
...that's Thoarla.
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 1:26 am

TaeTae wrote:
[aww, i got 50 rt for logging in then got summer jetter girl on 1st garapon roll. I'm happy. Apart from the fact I got no decent weapons to equip her -.- So it still fails,

yea thats thoarla and i got her too same way :O and wide beamgun still seems like best option for small air if u ask me

back to the topic u could always use the usual beamgun or a flamethrower for a lil better protection against land on lily
and from everything i seen equiped on lily her core is still most annoying thing when u play air
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:02 am

werty16 wrote:
TaeTae wrote:
[aww, i got 50 rt for logging in then got summer jetter girl on 1st garapon roll. I'm happy. Apart from the fact I got no decent weapons to equip her -.- So it still fails,

yea thats thoarla and i got her too same way :O and wide beamgun still seems like best option for small air if u ask me

back to the topic u could always use the usual beamgun or a flamethrower for a lil better protection against land on lily
and from everything i seen equiped on lily her core is still most annoying thing when u play air

thoarla? Pretty sure its summer mecha jetter girl =D Beams guns don't do it for me, but i'm picky keke

And no, flamethrower is not a good option on lily rain as u really want another mid ranged weapon on her for damage out put. I don't find flamethrower a good choice for countering land. Might as well use maneuverability plus damage output. Here core is ok , but if the air moves in one direction circling you, u won't hit much with the core =]
Back to top Go down
werty16
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
werty16

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 4:49 am

well besides beamguns flamethrowers rifles and bazookas u can only buy few handguns magnums and electroguns...
and its defenetly not jetter girl cause only summer versions atm are the chibis misty winbell thoarla and jikun long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

[general]Guide to Artillery Units
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next