Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[general]Guide to Artillery Units

Go down 
+52
Nisa
Aurum_Sol
SkyPanic
Intet
fhoeng
Suguri
xzpwnz
pipcard
Shaftronics
donggyu
Siloviky
johannart
Shin Majin
spiketrigger
Bysta
Vareluxe
TaeTae
werty16
NovaZero
FlyingTofu
Kaizye
Aww
knyx
Puddin'
technomo12
MightyPeanut
GurrenMk3
Replekia
Tigerdove
saihamaru
Desu
Hyoka
SilentEagle1
sibladeko
Shoki
Ivalsetto
carrot
ArchAngelz
scizo
Rein
Sunohara
Daizengar
Wystner
MCPeePants
KBTKaiser
Admin
Foxie
Garfy
Kampfer
Mike
zeando
Anomalies
56 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Anomalies
Newcomer
Newcomer

[general]Guide to Artillery Units Empty
PostSubject: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Guide to Artillery Units v0.1

Disclaimer: This guide is based on my opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You may or may not agree, so do not flame. This is only here to help players out. I will be posting what I did with my units as a guideline, so respect is all I ask.
Any other distribution of this guide is allowed as long as you credit Anomalies.

Table of Contents
[A01] Introduction to Artillery Units
[A02] Status for Artillery Units
[B01] Types of Artillery Units
[B02] Comparison of Artillery Units
[C01] Weapons for Artillery Units
[C02] Maximizing Damage for Artillery Units
[C03] Artillery units with Melee

Only A01-B01 is complete, B02 is semi-completed and C01-C03 will be completed when I'm not so lazy.

===[A01]===[Introduction to Artillery Units]===[A01]===
There are four types of units in Cosmic break and each with their weaknesses and strength. With each units its hard to decide what kind of unit to use when you first start, or how a unit works until you have tried them all. The four types of units (land, air, artillery and support) are connected in a triangle (except support) that explains their strengths and weaknesses.

Land Units: Fastest on land, they can run incredibly fast on land and cover grounds at a high speed. For this reason, they don't stay up in air very well. Their range attack damage is decent, depending on the bot (but will never compare to artillery units) and their melee damage stays top notch.
Speed on land: 5/5
Airtime: 2/5
Range Damage: 3/5
Melee Damage: 5/5
Good against: Artillery, since melee can easily take out an artillery unit with ease.
Bad against: Air, since land units take more damage from laser and has a hard time taking out flying units.

Air Units: Although they are slow on land, they can stay in air for a long time and recharge fully in a short amount of time for more airtime. Their melee and range damage, however, takes a big fault to this. Don't discourage air units, however, they are great for attacking above away from enemies range.
Speed on land: 2/5
Airtime: 5/5
Range damage: 3.5/5
Melee Damage: 3/5
Good against: Land, easy to pick them off as most of the time they won't be able to hit you.
Bad against: Artillery since their range will get you and air units take more damage from explosives.

Artillery Units: The artillery unit sacrifices all mobility for the raw output of gun damage and a wide variation of range weapons. Their range damage outclasses any other unit as well as certain cores and AM can give extra attacks that other units don't have.
Speed on land: 3/5
Airtime: 3/5
Range Damage: 5/5
Melee Damage: 2/5
Good against: Air units, laugh as they try to run from your heat seeking bullets or extremely long range weapons.
Bad against: Land units, the instant you get stuck in their melee, if you don't get out your gone.

Support Units: Support units are jack of all trades in my opinion. They're decent on land, have good air time, decent melee and range damage and they get extra attacks like artilleries do from their cores and AM.
Speed on land: 4/5
Airtime: 4/5
Range Damage: 4/5
Melee Damage: 4/5
Good against: None, but they are able to heal ally units and trap enemies
Bad against: Really nothing, unless you get ganged. You'll die than.

This guide, however, focuses mainly on artillery units. Why? Because they are damn awesome.

===[A02]===[Status for Artillery Units]===[A02]===
In cosmic break, there are different statuses that you can improve or weaken depending on parts, weapons and tuning. Understanding them is vital to artillery units.

HP: Your health points
STR: Affects melee damage.
TEC: Affects range damage.
WLK: Speed on land.
FLY: Airtime and speed in air.
TGH: Resilience (For those who don't know what that means, resistance to being stunned as well as combo damage being weakened over time)

Artillery units needs a good about of WLK/FLY for basic survivability, TGH and HP is extremely important for just overall living, and TEC for raw damage output.

How important are these stats to an artillery unit?

HP: 4/5
STR: 1/5
TEC: 4/5
WLK: 3/5
FLY: 3/5
TGH: 4/5

I didn't put TEC 5/5 because Lily Rain (an artillery unit you can start with) has a base 16 TEC, and thats more than enough to hit alot and take out almost every unit.

What I Did: For my Lily Rain, I immediately bought her 2x Handy Bazookas (from the shop for 600UC each) and gave her those as her weapons. These hit 25 base damage from what the description says, I see myself hitting 30's on targets majority of the time per shot. The shooting speed is not that fast and not enough to call slow, as long as you aim you can get hits in. The range on the weapon is good, its enough to hit air units and units running away. I do find ammo a problem, since the ammo is small but luckily Lily Rain has a good supply of her core weapons Psygun and Psyslicer which helps when you run out of ammo.

===[B01]===[Types of Artillery Units]===[B01]===
Units in cosmic break are broken into 4 types (as described earlier) and 3 types: Small, Medium and Large.

Small units has the best mobility but lacks damage and health.
Medium units are balanced in mobility and health + damage.
Large units has alot of health and damage but lacks in mobility.

Lily Rain
A basic unit you can start with, a unit you can buy and a unit you can earn from gachapon.
Cost in store: 36,000UC
Basic Description: Usually elegant and lady like, her personality changes during battle due to the effects of her "Trance Skirt". A beautiful but deadly "Innocent Lily".
Base Stats: HP 310. STR 9. TEC 16. WLK 13. FLY 16. TGH 11.
Size: Small Artillery
Base Cost: 785/800

Notes:
Her core weapons "Psyslicer" and "Psygun" are amazing heatseeking weapons that pisses people off. Psygun shoots 4 beams that heatseeks onto a target, and with a base 5 damage each, can hit alot when they all connect. This damage can be raised via upgrade, and Psyslicer shoots 1~4 flying sauces to the closest amount of units that you can see. You don't have to aim with psyslicer, just spam.
Lily Rain doesn't gain much cost or HP through her upgrades. A measly +40cost and +7HP leaves alot to desire. Although her upgrades isn't the best, she still is beast. From the 6 Raises Cost Capacity upgrades, she can gain an extra 240 spare cost and 42HP. Upgrading her cost helps you use weapons that cost more, and better cartridges upgrades.
I highly recommend getting Enhance internal weapon for Lily Rain. This will increase the damage of Psyslicer and Psygun, which are both heat seeking and great attacks. This comes with +30 cost ea and only 2 of these cartridges, therefore if you did the 6 raise capacity + 2 of these, you have a spare 180 cost left.
Blast guard helps too when being pelted by other explosives, since explosives weapons has the highest damage output next to the "sniper" weapons (which are really just pistols with more damage and range than an explosive).
Stealth system is a blessing and a must get if you camp alot or want to take out units quickly. If enemies can't see you on their radar, it helps you run away and attack at whim.
Sniper sight is also really nice, since when you get attacked a little bar appears around you character and points to where your being targeted. Nothing is more hilarious than killing a unit who thinks hes safe and than noticing he died without being warned that hes being targeted.
Soul Eater is okay, and can help you live longer since you gain HP whenever a robot dies.

What my Lily Rain has:
Raise Cost Capacity x4
Enhance Internal Weapon x2
Blast Guard
Stealth System
Sniper
Soul Eater
Weapons = 2x Handy Bazookas
Tune up focused on TEC and only TEC.

Maril March
A medium weight unit you can earn through gachapon or shop.
Cost in store: 16,800UC
Basic Description: A fighting musician who wishes to change the world through music. Her beat and song can be heard by all.
Base Stats: HP 345. STR 8. TEC 22. WLK 16. FLY 12. TGH 9.
Size: Medium Artillery
Base Cost: 745/745

Notes:
Her core weapon is called Sound Ball. When you use it, it charges a music ball that floats around you. You can charge up to 8, than send them flying to a targeted enemy. Heatseeking death ftw.
She has a unique arm as well called Shockwave, and with a base 30 damage its a great weapon.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND buying the one from the store. The gacha one has 10 base damage for shockwave instead of 30.
Maril March TGH and FLY is something I don't like about her. Lily Rain has good airtime so I can run away, and I find myself living longer with Lily than Maril. However, Maril is much faster on land and can survive well enough, but she needs more TGH to make the most out of her HP and size.
Maril has great upgrades, with extra +50cost and +11hp, you can get up to +300cost and +66hp through her upgrades. A medium unit with over 400 HP does help alot.
I don't really use Maril's "Sound Ball" that much, but if you want you can increase its damage with the 2x Enhance Internal Weapon Cartridge.
Blast Guard is recommended.
Boost Run is highly recommended, you will live much longer with Maril this way and be able to run when needed. You can get tough runner if you want (recommended if you have less than 10 TGH) or remedy her TGH problem by raising her TGH via tune ups.
Sniper Sight and Stealth system is recommended.
Maril is unique in terms that she has a support cartridge, Broad Radar. You can see all enemies regardless of Stealth System.

What my Maril March has:
Raises Cost Capacity x5
Blast Guard
Boost Run
Sniper Sight
Stealth System
Broad Radar
Weapons: Ancient Bazooka
Tune up focused on getting her TGH up and more WLK since her TEC is already freaking high.

Saggitary Maxis
A large weight unit you can earn through gachapon or shop.
Cost in store: 25,000UC
Basic Description: A robot specialized for sniping. Can pick off enemies orbiting in space from the ground. His name is "Ligh-Speed Marksman".
Base Stats: HP 480. STR 11. TEC 21. WLK 12. FLY 10. TGH 12.
Size: Large Artillery
Base Cost: 875/910

Notes:
He has a railgun which is a chargable attack and has a huge freaking range and damage. A beast weapon, highly recommend internal weapon enhancement x2.
This guy is beast. Great HP, good enough TGH, high TEC, and amazing range, you can snipe from afar and kill close.
His upgrade kind of sucks though, +45 cost and +9 HP isn't that great. Only use this IF YOU REALLY NEED the cost.
Blast guard can be used, but not really since he's so strong already and you don't need to get that close with him.
Soul Eater, Sniper Sight, Broad Radar and Stealth System is recommended for overall survivability.
Revenge Shot is okay, I don't find the ammo conserving that helpful and I won't lie, I kind of regret getting it. If you want it though, go for it.
Boost Run is Vital since this Goliath is so slow.

What my Saggitary Maxis has:
Raises Cost Capacity x6
Weapon: 4x Handy Bazookas
Tune Ups: HP and TGH.
My guy is different from what most people built. I made him into an all out explosive unit, with 2x Asura AMJ and 4 arms, he can have 4 weapons. Not enough cost for any stronger bazookas, but 4x Bazookas hurts ALOT if you shoot all 4 at one time.

Psycho Formula
A strange robot you can buy or earn from gachapon.
Cost in store: 15,600UC
Basic Description: "Maestro of the Battlefield" who manipulates his enemies with psycho attacks. He can use magnetic ESP, an ability which most robots lack.
Base Stats: HP 340. STR 8. TEC 20. WLK 12. FLY 11. TGH 20.
Size: Small Artillery
Base Cost: 800/860

Notes: I can't really say much for him, I used him than junk'd him almost asap. He has some decent upgrades, just upgrade him like you normally would I guess. I just don't like him, he's okay and he shoots 2 beams from both arms. The base damage is low though, but the TEC raises it up. He shoots one from his head, so a total of 5 beams that he can shoot at one times. It's meh, since you need to change his arms to use bazookas, and if you do he can't use the 2 beams from his arms.

What my Psycho Formula has:
Nothing, because I junk'd and sold him.

Toy Box
The largest spam-able robot you can get from stores or gachapon.
Cost in store: 20,00UC
Basic Description: A "PAndora's Box" full of missiles, bombs and other exploding toys. Not too much for for his enemies to deal with.
Base Stats: HP 525. STR 12. TEC 25. WLK 9. FLY 8. TGH 25.
Size: Large Artillery
Base Cost: 1020/1090

Notes:
I absolutely hate and love this guy. He lives up to his description. I hate fighting him, but I love using him. Literally you can stay stationary and slaughter the enemies with this song of a fiend. His freaking rockets called CruiseMissile has base 40 damage and a range that no other weapon can match, and his special arms is MORE missiles.
His upgrades gives +45 cost and +6 hp, not that he needs the HP anyways.
GET THE 2X ENHANCE INTERNAL WEAPON. FIRST. YOU GET 70 SPARE COST WHEN YOU GET THIS GUY, GET THESE TWO UPGRADES FIRST.
Boost Run, Sniper Sight and Soul eater helps with survivability.
Overall, he's the king crop of the artillery units. With the best range, highest TEC and missiles that can clean your opponents, you'll fall inlove with this goliath.

What my Toybox has:
Raise Cost Capacity x5
Enchance Internal Weapon x2
Boost Run
Soul Eater
Sniper Sight
Weapons: The basic arms. They're that good, and its more than enough.
Tune ups all into TEC. Maximize his freaking damage.

===[B02]===[Comparison of Artillery Units]===[B02]===
It's hard to compare units to eachother, but let's compare them in different ways.

Best Small Unit: Lily Rain
Best Medium Unit: Maril March
Best Large Unit: Toy Box

Best Damage Output: Toy Box
Best Mobility: Lily Rain

I can't really compare them in any more ways. It's all about playstyle.

Lily rain is probably the best unit to attack close range with since her mobility is great. Maril march is good at it too, but its better to keep her distanced.

Maril and Saggitary are probably the jack of all trades in the art sections, with good damage and mobility.

Toy box is best to keep your distance and attack afar due to his really realy bad mobility.

I'll keep writing the rest of the guide when I'm not lazy.
Back to top Go down
zeando
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zeando

Male Posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:44 pm

full list of artillery units from japanese wiki
the 5 we have now aren't the total of existing robots
after the open beta we'll have a lots of robots to choose from

Link!

since it's translated using google Razz all the names are snapped
es/ lily rain = Ririrein (jap don't use L)

Last edited by Sean24 on Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed the long URL)
Back to top Go down
Mike
Newcomer
Newcomer
Mike

Male Posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:28 pm

"king of the crop"

I disagree. My Saggitarius, with it's massively increased FLY and TEC stats, eats Toyboxes for breakfast. It's all about building units in a creative and unexpectedly effective way. Anyone who needs a guide to creating artillery probably isn't using them correctly in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 4:32 am

Saggitarus is the best for me.
I usually score high in most battles and i dont even really use my toybox at all.

You should note that Toybox and Toybox HEAT are very different from each other due to different arm part customizability
Also Saggitarus from gacha/keycode and Saggitarus from shop are totally different too on the snipe and damage and MAYBE the range.
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 5:58 pm

Hate to inform you, but Lily Rain is a bad artillery type, and probably one of the worst robots in the game.

Her integrated weapons are awful. They have poor damage, very short range, and their homing ability is terrible at anything other than short range.
She is small, so cannot use a good variety of weapons either. Her only major advantage is speed.

Due to this, Lily Rain is terrible. She sacrifices way too much just for a bit of speed.

Maril March is superior in every way. Speed is almost identical, but she has better survivability, weapons, damage and range.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 6:15 pm

I love it when people state biased opinions as facts.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 6:19 am

..+Stickied for the helpful information and i hope this guide gets improved and completed in the future Wink

I agree with almost everything you have there and people should try those builds, though it's not all the robots but very helpful information for newbies thank's alot

Also Garfy you are like totally wrong and i mean it you just made me laugh much (Lily rain is one of the strong robots with very strong parts) lol! and Mike he never said that it's the perfect build it's just his opinion and trust me those information are very good you should try it and see if it works for you and:

[Disclaimer: This guide is based on my opinion, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You may or may not agree, so do not flame. This is only here to help players out. I will be posting what I did with my units as a guideline, so respect is all I ask.
Any other distribution of this guide is allowed as long as you credit Anomalies.]

I recommend this guide to everyone who just started, keep up the good work Anomalies
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 9:03 am

I can back up the claim on Lilyrain's usefulness, because she's still a freaking menace in the JP version despite more units coming out of the woodwork.
Back to top Go down
MCPeePants
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyThu Jun 17, 2010 11:12 am

I've been using Saggitarus.. forgot which one.. but the one where you can store 4 charges of the rifle.

I don't carry a 2ndary weapon and added in a shield for extra survaibility. However, I usually outlast my ammo supply ... which brings me to my question..

What do I do when im out of ammo? Sad

- i popped into a psyco mk2 or w.e head for fun when i runout of my railgun ammo lol
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:20 am

If Lily Rain is so "powerful" then show proof or evidence. Not just opinions.

Lets look at the facts.

Statistically, she is not amazing. Her tech is only average at 16/18, her TGH low at 11/8, her walk is average at 12 and her fly is not bad at 18. Str is irrelevent.
If you want a comparison. Psycho Formula has 23 tech, 22 tgh, but is slightly slower with 10 walk and fly.

She is small. This limits her weapon selection, severely. She can only use SS, S and M sized weapons. Most artillery type weapons are M, L or LL.
Her limited weapon selection gives her very limited range. She has to get much closer to people to be of any effective use than someone like a Toybox armed to the teeth with missiles.

She is fragile for an artillery type, 310 Hp and depending on the version, 11 or 8 TGH. If a melee gets close to her, he will take her down in seconds, and due to low TGH she will be stun locked the entire time.

Her integrated weapons have poor range, and accuracy. Her psygun (the 4 shots) is a mid to short range weapon. It does home in on stuff, but not very effectively, if they move it will miss, it also lacks power, severely so (5 or so damage per shot). Her other attack is even poorer. It has next to no homing at all, and will travel in an almost straight line, and has a slow travel speed. It wont hit unless fired at short range.

She is fast however. Probably one of the most mobile artillery types in the game.
She however does not compare to any land types in raw speed, nor does she have the boost capacity of a flying type.

Her role is clearly a short range artillery type. But she lacks the survivability and firepower to do this effectively.
Her significant weakness is her short range. She puts herself in danger from this because she is just as weak to land types as any other artillery type. But is a more likely target due to her short range. (Now that Misty Hollow is released, if I see a Lily Rain, she is a free kill. I just use fog, and walk upto you, you're missing an arm, then dead seconds later)

She is not entirely bad, but compared to other artillery types, she is indeed lackluster, and usually inferior.
Next time you play, take a close look at the Lily Rain players. You will notice they do not do particularly great compared to anyone else. They might not do bad, they are just one of those people who is there, without any major significance.

You should also consider adding the new artillery types to this guide.
Sturbanger in particular is great (ironically, he is a Lily Rain killer. Everytime I see her playing as him, burst mode, she is now almost dead and cannot retaliate due to my superior range)
Back to top Go down
Wystner
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:30 am

I play Lily Rain a lot, and I'm also of the opinion that she just isn't that great.

As already said above, she's a very awkward character in that she is very mid-ranged and rather weak for an artillery type, a glaring weakness that her increased mobility just doesn't make up for.

Lily's built in weapons are again, very awkward. Her little skirt shooter travels very slowly and arcs outwards when fired meaning that if you're standing next to a wall or a rock or anything else, half the shots are going to hit that obstacle right as you shoot it. The shots will also wrap around and miss anything at point blank range.
Now, I like her little saw blades. They're actually fun to spam, but they aren't very useful. They travel in a straight line--that is they BOUNCE in a straight line. If there's any divide in the landscape the frisbees will probably smack itself into the side of the ground.

Basically, any geography at all is a detriment to Lily. She can't utilize positions that other artillery units love such as high ledges because the only targets she's in range to hit from that height are units directly below the ledge that you can't shoot at anyways, unless you fly out a little. Unfortunately she isn't great on open field maps either. The second you see any large artillery from the other side you're forced to move back or get bombed to hell.

All in all I think Lily Rain leans towards the style of combat of, and is as effective at it, as general support types. Except she can't heal. In all honesty, I like Lily, but a Winberrl has a much higher killing potential than she does.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:32 am

Garfy wrote:
If Lily Rain is so "powerful" then show proof or evidence. Not just opinions.

Lets look at the facts.

Statistically, she is not amazing. Her tech is only average at 16/18, her TGH low at 11/8, her walk is average at 12 and her fly is not bad at 18. Str is irrelevent.
If you want a comparison. Psycho Formula has 23 tech, 22 tgh, but is slightly slower with 10 walk and fly.

She is small. This limits her weapon selection, severely. She can only use SS, S and M sized weapons. Most artillery type weapons are M, L or LL.
Her limited weapon selection gives her very limited range. She has to get much closer to people to be of any effective use than someone like a Toybox armed to the teeth with missiles.

She is fragile for an artillery type, 310 Hp and depending on the version, 11 or 8 TGH. If a melee gets close to her, he will take her down in seconds, and due to low TGH she will be stun locked the entire time.

Her integrated weapons have poor range, and accuracy. Her psygun (the 4 shots) is a mid to short range weapon. It does home in on stuff, but not very effectively, if they move it will miss, it also lacks power, severely so (5 or so damage per shot). Her other attack is even poorer. It has next to no homing at all, and will travel in an almost straight line, and has a slow travel speed. It wont hit unless fired at short range.

She is fast however. Probably one of the most mobile artillery types in the game.
She however does not compare to any land types in raw speed, nor does she have the boost capacity of a flying type.

Her role is clearly a short range artillery type. But she lacks the survivability and firepower to do this effectively.
Her significant weakness is her short range. She puts herself in danger from this because she is just as weak to land types as any other artillery type. But is a more likely target due to her short range. (Now that Misty Hollow is released, if I see a Lily Rain, she is a free kill. I just use fog, and walk upto you, you're missing an arm, then dead seconds later)

She is not entirely bad, but compared to other artillery types, she is indeed lackluster, and usually inferior.
Next time you play, take a close look at the Lily Rain players. You will notice they do not do particularly great compared to anyone else. They might not do bad, they are just one of those people who is there, without any major significance.

You should also consider adding the new artillery types to this guide.
Sturbanger in particular is great (ironically, he is a Lily Rain killer. Everytime I see her playing as him, burst mode, she is now almost dead and cannot retaliate due to my superior range)

And once again you have succeeded in making me laugh much, i wont even try to get proof or evidence since i don't really got time for that but i can get rank 1 in any game with lily rain and many people who saw me in-game know that already..

It's either that you don't really know how to play with lily rain or you never saw a pro lily rain before which is most likely the case, and most lily rains in the beta right now are just newbies since lily rain is a starter and alot of people chose her Neutral Lily rain needs some good pilots not just some newbs and TGH is certainly not the most important stat for lily rain silent also Toybox is just a cheap robot that spams missiles/rockets or w/e you're using from far away and any noob can do that so yeah lily rain isn't so newb-friendly and needs alot of skill to own badly but saying that lily rain is weak.. you must've just met the weak ones. (Very WEAK ones) lol!
Back to top Go down
Daizengar
Daizengar

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:36 am

You can dodge extremely well with a lily rain.

I've seen it and i'm trying to perfect it for myself.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 7:44 am

Also did you ever see a lily rain with short jump cartridge? it can be very annoying and you can also try getting 2 Asura thus making 4 AMs, 4 Hand Bazookas Twisted Evil that is just pwn, try it Daizengar believe me it's good, though like this i'm helping DOS lol! but doesn't really matter to me Razz
Back to top Go down
Daizengar
Daizengar

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:01 am

Admin wrote:
Also did you ever see a lily rain with short jump cartridge? it can be very annoying and you can also try getting 2 Asura thus making 4 AMs, 4 Hand Bazookas Twisted Evil that is just pwn, try it Daizengar believe me it's good, though like this i'm helping DOS lol! but doesn't really matter to me Razz

Thanks for the tip, and yeah I did see a lily with short jump and i'm aiming for that with mine. Going to pwn!
Back to top Go down
MCPeePants
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:31 am

if you do get asura arms on lily, how would you make that effective?

to effectively use all 4 arms, you mobility will be cut drastically, which means you're dead. the only thing that will do is increase your ammo supply.

also, adding on to the pain, im not saying lily pain is a bad unit per say, but compared to other fly units out there, it's definately subpar. And regarding short jump, that isn't something exclusive to lilys, so it really doesn't boost it's usefulness by much. Especially when crim.S upgrade is out now, lilys seem very lackluster.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:45 am

A lack of mobility dosent result in being killed.
Unless you are an idiot.
Theres quite a few ways to deal with that...
Back to top Go down
Sunohara
Sunohara

PostSubject: ..   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:39 am

I wonder what I lack, My screen goes black.. Then I'm like what the feck? Then I get lagg, And I become a huge fag. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:53 am

Foxie wrote:
Unless you are an idiot.

^That and also for me i don't really depend much on mobility Shocked i can go without it! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
MCPeePants
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 am

lol, lily is a midranged suit.. it's not a tank.. if it doesnt have mobility (ie: stationary to make use of the asura arms), it's good as dead. No amount of "skills" can save you.

And also, i know you want to justify why Lilys are "good" if you have the skills to pilot it. But, say if you toss a gamer of the same calibur into a lily and another well rounded suit that isn't as skill demanding, lily will still look like shit-tier.

Srsly, if like i said before since the release of seraph, lilys just seem outclassed in everyway.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 am

Mm Just need some extra parts that increase your Mobility..
Or upgrade cartridges..
Or tune ups...
Or just stealth...
Dont really need to much mobility to go for back stab shots.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:17 am

Well you can try fighting me if you want and also seraph is cash and won't be so easy to get after the official release.. also seraph can be beaten ^_^ though it is strong but still can be beaten by lily.

You're wrong about No amount of "skills" can save you, and you can deal with the mobility thing in alot of ways Razz Like what foxie said.
Back to top Go down
MCPeePants
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 11:38 am

tune ups are costly.
using cartridges to make up for that just means you're sacraficing your other options
going for backshots, that's a stretch but yes that works, but of course if you are already spotted this is not an option.
stealth is just completely different matter all together.

Beating seraph is of course do-able but taking down a lily is much easier. Agree?
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:10 pm

Admin wrote:
And once again you have succeeded in making me laugh much, i wont even try to get proof or evidence since i don't really got time for that but i can get rank 1 in any game with lily rain and many people who saw me in-game know that already..

It's either that you don't really know how to play with lily rain or you never saw a pro lily rain before which is most likely the case, and most lily rains in the beta right now are just newbies since lily rain is a starter and alot of people chose her Neutral Lily rain needs some good pilots not just some newbs and TGH is certainly not the most important stat for lily rain silent also Toybox is just a cheap robot that spams missiles/rockets or w/e you're using from far away and any noob can do that so yeah lily rain isn't so newb-friendly and needs alot of skill to own badly but saying that lily rain is weak.. you must've just met the weak ones. (Very WEAK ones) lol!

Start posting some proof them. Anyone can say "I'm the best lily rain, I always get top score". That does not make it true.
Also, TGH is the most important stat, for anyone. Your low TGH makes you very easy to kill. If a melee gets upclose to you, you are dead because he will just stun lock you and you wont be able to run or fight back. A good melee will always get close to you. Jikun Hu has a dash that makes him hard to hit, and invincible for short while, Misty Hollow can become immune to all your weapons for 6 seconds, Mighty Byne has shields in his arms, allowing him to shrug off most of your fire.

Personally, as Misty Hollow, Lily Rains are one of my favourite targets. Fragile and easily killed, no melee or way to fight back. Unable to out run me either. I know that if I target one, I will get an easy kill, so I target them a lot.
I'll use mist, then shoot them full of assault rifle rounds while getting to them. By this point they are half dead, then I'll knock off one of her arms/head, and combo her to death in another 2 seconds. She cannot do anything, and unless she has a melee sat next to her, neither can her team.

Foxie wrote:
Unless you are an idiot.

Lack of mobility is the number one factor that gets everyone killed. When you get killed why do you get killed? Because you could not avoid it.
Maybe a melee got close to you and you could not run away. That is lack of mobility.
Maybe an artillery bombarded you with missiles, that is lack of mobility since you could not avoid them.
Maybe an air type continually shot you to death. This is lack of mobility since you could not avoid these shots and out run the air type.

Lack of mobility means you cannot avoid as many attacks, meaning you take more damage, meaning you die more often.
Even in the JP version of Cosmic Break, people focus on maximizing ever walk or fly to prevent stupid deaths.

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=162
That person is a JP Cosmic Break player. Read his tips.
His most important tip is you need to be fast, otherwise you will die a lot.

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=250
He also says in here that the Japanese have a saying "Running away makes winner".

Mobility is probably the most important stat in the game. As it prevents you from dying.
Back to top Go down
MCPeePants
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:36 pm

i think i love you garfy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units Empty

Back to top Go down

[general]Guide to Artillery Units
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next