Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[general]Guide to Artillery Units

Go down 
+52
Nisa
Aurum_Sol
SkyPanic
Intet
fhoeng
Suguri
xzpwnz
pipcard
Shaftronics
donggyu
Siloviky
johannart
Shin Majin
spiketrigger
Bysta
Vareluxe
TaeTae
werty16
NovaZero
FlyingTofu
Kaizye
Aww
knyx
Puddin'
technomo12
MightyPeanut
GurrenMk3
Replekia
Tigerdove
saihamaru
Desu
Hyoka
SilentEagle1
sibladeko
Shoki
Ivalsetto
carrot
ArchAngelz
scizo
Rein
Sunohara
Daizengar
Wystner
MCPeePants
KBTKaiser
Admin
Foxie
Garfy
Kampfer
Mike
zeando
Anomalies
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:41 pm

Psh when I get killed its not a lack of mobility.
That may be why YOU get killed, I tend to get killed because of issues like being attacked by enemies without seeing them.
if I see it coming though then even my most clumsy artillery can dance out of melee range without a issue.
Back to top Go down
Garfy

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 1:06 pm

Foxie wrote:
That may be why YOU get killed, I tend to get killed because of issues like being attacked by enemies without seeing them.
if I see it coming though then even my most clumsy artillery can dance out of melee range without a issue.

Lack of mobility stopped you from escaping. If you were fast enough, even if they sneak up behind you, you can run away.

Lack of mobility got you killed.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Lack of mobility stopped you from escaping. If you were fast enough, even if they sneak up behind you, you can run away.

A decent Tough stat to back it up helps... so you don't die from lucky consecutive hits... or get stunned as much.... so you don't get interrupted as you flee.

And I like putting melee on my Lily. XD
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 6:05 pm

Garfy wrote:
Admin wrote:
And once again you have succeeded in making me laugh much, i wont even try to get proof or evidence since i don't really got time for that but i can get rank 1 in any game with lily rain and many people who saw me in-game know that already..

It's either that you don't really know how to play with lily rain or you never saw a pro lily rain before which is most likely the case, and most lily rains in the beta right now are just newbies since lily rain is a starter and alot of people chose her Neutral Lily rain needs some good pilots not just some newbs and TGH is certainly not the most important stat for lily rain silent also Toybox is just a cheap robot that spams missiles/rockets or w/e you're using from far away and any noob can do that so yeah lily rain isn't so newb-friendly and needs alot of skill to own badly but saying that lily rain is weak.. you must've just met the weak ones. (Very WEAK ones) lol!

Start posting some proof them. Anyone can say "I'm the best lily rain, I always get top score". That does not make it true.
Also, TGH is the most important stat, for anyone. Your low TGH makes you very easy to kill. If a melee gets upclose to you, you are dead because he will just stun lock you and you wont be able to run or fight back. A good melee will always get close to you. Jikun Hu has a dash that makes him hard to hit, and invincible for short while, Misty Hollow can become immune to all your weapons for 6 seconds, Mighty Byne has shields in his arms, allowing him to shrug off most of your fire.

Personally, as Misty Hollow, Lily Rains are one of my favourite targets. Fragile and easily killed, no melee or way to fight back. Unable to out run me either. I know that if I target one, I will get an easy kill, so I target them a lot.
I'll use mist, then shoot them full of assault rifle rounds while getting to them. By this point they are half dead, then I'll knock off one of her arms/head, and combo her to death in another 2 seconds. She cannot do anything, and unless she has a melee sat next to her, neither can her team.

Foxie wrote:
A lack of mobility dosent result in being killed.
Unless you are an idiot.
Theres quite a few ways to deal with that...

Lack of mobility is the number one factor that gets everyone killed. When you get killed why do you get killed? Because you could not avoid it.
Maybe a melee got close to you and you could not run away. That is lack of mobility.
Maybe an artillery bombarded you with missiles, that is lack of mobility since you could not avoid them.
Maybe an air type continually shot you to death. This is lack of mobility since you could not avoid these shots and out run the air type.

Lack of mobility means you cannot avoid as many attacks, meaning you take more damage, meaning you die more often.
Even in the JP version of Cosmic Break, people focus on maximizing ever walk or fly to prevent stupid deaths.

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=162
That person is a JP Cosmic Break player. Read his tips.
His most important tip is you need to be fast, otherwise you will die a lot.

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=250
He also says in here that the Japanese have a saying "Running away makes winner".

Mobility is probably the most important stat in the game. As it prevents you from dying.

So did that japanese player say that lily rain is weak? i don't think so and for lily rain TGH isn't the most important, it's important for any robot but not THE MOST important and especially for lily, also if you didn't know yet scratch Land beats Artillery that is a fact for you so of course not always a lily rain can beat land type robots..

Again [Land>Artillery>Air>Land] Look at the basics before talking about melee beating up lily rain Wink also i told you i don't have the time nor the patience to get proof and you are pretty stubborn so it's not even worth it.

Can you run away from an air robot with your melee? if that air robot isn't a noob he can just hit you to death and you can't even reach him, also i already told you that you can deal with the mobility and lily rain does have mobility Razz

About that proof thing if you want pictures with me rank 1 in game i can get that easily though i only captured it like 3 times only Cool
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
scizo
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 1:50 pm

u got info about the sturbanger? they both look different the garapon and the store version
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 2:12 pm

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 2gufe5f
[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 21azce1

Look at the things i highlighted.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 3:55 pm

Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.
Once they were there it wasnt a issue of being able to fly away, It was just that their initial hits that made me realize they were there.
As in I wouldnt of reacted yet since they arent on my screen or radar.
Assuming they dont kill me right off that bat then I still dont need mobility, I have lots of other tools to use.
Besides your STILL arguing points that are not important, I was making a completely different point which you are refusing to address.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:16 pm

Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.
Once they were there it wasnt a issue of being able to fly away, It was just that their initial hits that made me realize they were there.
Assuming they dont kill me right off that bat then I still dont need mobility, I have lots of other tools to use.
Besides your STILL arguing points that are not important, I was making a completely different point which you are refusing to address.

X_x

Your tools are useless if you keep getting hit consecutively without delay/pause. As you can only return fire inbetween those melee-chains... IF you're not locked in its range. So mobility is needed rather badly.

I've melee'd down a toybox that failed to flee because it was just too slow. Then there are others that attempt to kill the meleer first... by spamming their main weapons.... and fail pretty badly.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:28 pm

Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.

X_x

Your tools are useless if you keep getting hit consecutively without delay/pause. As you can only return fire inbetween those melee-chains... IF you're not locked in its range. So mobility is needed rather badly.

I've melee'd down a toybox that failed to flee because it was just too slow. Then there are others that attempt to kill the meleer first... by spamming their main weapons.... and fail pretty badly.

Toybox wasn't made for running away XD he is very slow that you always need to stay near your base or stick together with your team that's why toybox is a fail-bot Razz he is good at damage and long range attacks, also you could push away melee rambos that just rush into the power spot and keep attacking everyone and that could be done by taking the power up and step back a little then just fire everything at once, works on most melee robots if not all Razz but it becomes harder if its jikun hu since it will be hard to hit him. tongue

Mobility is needed but there are some cases where you don't need it as much and if a toybox just thinks he is so good that he can solo then its his fault for being unaware of the consequences.

And once again [Land>Artillery>Air>Land] Melee beats artillery easy that's common sense Shocked
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:31 pm

Admin wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.

X_x

Toybox wasn't made for running away XD he is very slow that you always need to stay near your base or stick together with your team that's why toybox is a fail-bot Razz he is good at damage and long range attacks, also you could push away melee rambos that just rush into the power spot and keep attacking everyone and that could be done by taking the power up and step back a little then just fire everything at once, works on most melee robots if not all Razz but it becomes harder if its jikun hu since it will be hard to hit him. tongue

Mobility is needed but there are some cases where you don't need it as much and if a toybox just thinks he is so good that he can solo then its his fault for being unaware of the consequences.

And once again [Land>Artillery>Air>Land] Melee beats artillery easy that's common sense Shocked

But what happens when you equip to fight AGAINST your weak type? O_o

And its easy to hit idiot Jikun Hu/Long players.... reason: they don't know how to be as annoying as the good ones....
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 5:37 pm

Admin wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.

X_x

The entire Type thing tends to not play out that well since most dont use the weapons they are meant to or the role they are made for. <<
I see lone airs take on Artillery Or artillery take on land.
In any case the original issue was suffering a lack of mobility from one source would completely kill you, and make you useless, Suggesting that parts that hurt your mobility are idiotic to use.
Ignoring the fact that Tune-ups, Changing parts, and such would balance it out.
Or that you can use strategy and tactics to gain a position that dosent rely on mobility.
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:03 pm

Foxie wrote:
Admin wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.

X_x

The entire Type thing tends to not play out that well since most dont use the weapons they are meant to or the role they are made for. <<
In any case the original issue was suffering a lack of mobility from one source would completely kill you, and make you useless, Suggesting that parts that hurt your mobility are idiotic to use.
Or that you can use strategy and tactics to gain a position that dosent rely on mobility.

Of course there are exceptions to the rule but the rule is Land>Artillery>Air>Land and it's true i find taking out artillery units with melee much easier than air but it all depends on Skill level and Robot customization, still the rule is very much correct Razz
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 6:17 pm

Admin wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Admin wrote:
Rein wrote:
Foxie wrote:
Garfy wrote:
Foxie wrote:

Mmm No.

X_x

Of course there are exceptions to the rule but the rule is Land>Artillery>Air>Land and it's true i find taking out artillery units with melee much easier than air but it all depends on Skill level and Robot customization, still the rule is very much correct Razz
Its not that its that it isn't correct it just dosent always apply.
Like melee Air, Or Hybrid Artillery.
or I dont know...a player using weapons they arent supposed to use, On targets they arent designed to kill.
Which annoys me for some reason.....
Even if it works....Not the role. D:
Back to top Go down
ArchAngelz
Newcomer
Newcomer
ArchAngelz

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:07 pm

lolz , every robot have its forte and weaknesss , the problem is not the robot stat ,
but how to play it , and how to counter ur enemy with ur skill ,

lily rain maybe have less hp and mid-range combat , but its have good movement ,
so to survive u need to dodge the bullet , and keep shooting the enemy , good at 1 vs 1 , or 1 vs 2 ,
im not good with lily , but ive seen ppl with bazooka mid range weapon beat my score at top 5 ,

and for toybox , yes it lack of mobility , but can have great damage and its long range attack type ,
its good for push the enemy , thats it designed to play with distance (i can hit u , u cant hit me) and
waves (its like when the position of enemy team and ur friend team push each other) , just learn the
waves and make distance , and ull be able to survive and keep do damage , thats why i use 2-way
missile and missile barrel LGJ , but when it comes to close combat battle , yes its suck ....
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 11:23 pm

ArchAngelz wrote:
lolz , every robot have its forte and weaknesss , the problem is not the robot stat ,
but how to play it , and how to counter ur enemy with ur skill ,

lily rain maybe have less hp and mid-range combat , but its have good movement ,
so to survive u need to dodge the bullet , and keep shooting the enemy , good at 1 vs 1 , or 1 vs 2 ,
im not good with lily , but ive seen ppl with bazooka mid range weapon beat my score at top 5 ,

and for toybox , yes it lack of mobility , but can have great damage and its long range attack type ,
its good for push the enemy , thats it designed to play with distance (i can hit u , u cant hit me) and
waves (its like when the position of enemy team and ur friend team push each other) , just learn the
waves and make distance , and ull be able to survive and keep do damage , thats why i use 2-way
missile and missile barrel LGJ , but when it comes to close combat battle , yes its suck ....

That's right Razz and its what i've been saying silent or what i'm trying to say lol!
Back to top Go down
carrot
Newcomer
Newcomer
carrot

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 9:56 am

i thought this was a guide, but i guess it is a e-penor measurement thread Laughing
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:21 am

Why does it seem that English is a second or third language for most of the people here.
Back to top Go down
carrot
Newcomer
Newcomer
carrot

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:24 am

Foxie wrote:
Why does it seem that English is a second or third language for most of the people here.
'cause it's true?
Back to top Go down
Ivalsetto
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 10:50 am

Psycho Formula can learn moving burst at level 1, and has a fairly light core which lets him asura really easily. It's pretty devastating.

Lily Rain's moving burst is also pretty nice while asuraing, since the built-in psygun adds a good chunk of damage on top of whatever guns you're using.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 20, 2010 2:00 pm

Ivalsetto wrote:
Psycho Formula can learn moving burst at level 1, and has a fairly light core which lets him asura really easily. It's pretty devastating.

Lily Rain's moving burst is also pretty nice while asuraing, since the built-in psygun adds a good chunk of damage on top of whatever guns you're using.

Lily Rain's psygun is low but x4 at a time.... and useful for stacking damage as opposed to anything else really. Unless you get a high tech stat on her..... and pick off more fragile enemies.
Back to top Go down
Shoki
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:00 am

we should have some sort of rate my commando section or somin for this sutff Surprised
Back to top Go down
sibladeko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 3:18 pm

I am using a blast bazooka Lily build.
I have three Lilys, a standard default Lily, a gothic Lily and a Majilis Lily.
If you want a hint of what I'm doing the Majilis has 31 fly, and I'm waiting on one more BS piece to up that to 33.

Strengths:
Garfy's SOMEWHAT right in that he states she is a bad ART unit.
This is true, if you want to stand still and dual fire DPS from cliffs or through choke points like a non-thinking missile turret, Lily Rain is not the optimal choice to do so.
You have 9000 other better choices, be it Toybox or Sturm or whatever the hell you want, and those things won't fold like card tables either if you sneeze on them.

He's also right in that her main advantage is speed.
What he's wrong with is how much of an advantage that speed gives her.
In short, I play Lily LIKE AIR.
What you get is an extremely capable class that does artillery damage close/mid range WHILE having air manouverability, speed, and mobility.
The ability to DUAL FIRE WHILE FLYING BACKWARDS ON THE RUN from pursuers is an amazing deterrent, a few volleys of those and most people besides the most dedicated (shout outs to Aegis from DOS) will decide she is not worth pursuing.
The ability to chase down almost any mech, even air, except maybe Seraphic Crims, for extended periods of time, makes her an amazing pursuer/pick off artist.
The ability to FLY circles around normal artillery while raining DPS makes her great at hit and run on backlines.
So yes, bad traditional ART unit, but amazingly good AIR type unit.

Weaknesses:
Lack of HP, and certain melee users.
Specifically sword blade users (that projectile wave hits you out of the air if you are not careful), and that you can not take many hits.
Lag melee is also pretty bad, I've had people telport into me from midfield (almost always Jikuns), but in general Jikuns are very easy to kill if you keep your landing points unpredictable.
The larger melee bots however, are a pain to deal with.
Usually they have wlk speed around your fly, they will NOT back off from mashing right click in your general direction even after repeated dual fire volleys, and if they hit you once you are losing anywhere from 20% to ALL of your HP (god forbid you're in a corner or in the water.)
In short, while back fly dual fire escape usually works for every other enemy, for large fast (red squealer) melee types you will need need need to side strafe fly a lot more to throw off the melee homing nonsense.

Playstyle:
Extremely aggressive hit and run.
Abuse your mobility at all times.
You are not an ART, you are an AIR with an ART sticker (and damage!)
Learn the map layouts, learn all the places good AIR hides and attacks from.
Learn also that you are one of the best deterrents for the enemy's air to use those places themselves.
Know when to run (MOST IMPORTANT SKILL), know when you should go for a kill.
In large scale games you are effective, but not overpowering, mainly because free cash shop means that large lines of normal (immobile) artillery spam is a serious threat to contend with in the USA servers.
In small scale games and engagements you are a holy terror.
Playing 5v5 might as well be beating up little kids for candy.

Proof:
I put up videos of all the random misc games I play.
If you want to critique please do so.
However, keep in mind that having no counter-proof (your own play videos) does diminish the value of your opinion somewhat.
https://www.youtube.com/sibladeko
Bonus video, how Japan plays Lily Rain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icOW2jP3nTA

Errata:
There is one turtle Lily, well two, that I really want to spectate.
One would be Peniru, the first place on the leaderboards.
I know his build, and I know it is completely different from mine since I asked him for advice early on before resetting my skills, but he does consistently well in about every single match I have been with him in.
The second is re.c, from I think BRD.
This Lily not only does well, he is 99% of the time 1st place when he is in-game, outputting ludicrous damage to cost ratio.
In our matches we rarely run into each other, unless I'm being chased by 4 guys or vice versa.
The last time I saw him he managed to avoid my fire extremely well by abusing the columns and just regular dashes on the bottom of floating tile when I was trying to get a last kill; unfortunately for him a teammate air with a laser beam finished the job and the game.

Last edited by sibladeko on Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 5:28 pm

My main issue with this, Is the opinions are not that good....at all and contradicting the bots listed as bad or useless are good in the right hands
In all honesty I dont think anyone really agrees with this "guide".
All its really doing is confusing new players into thinking good bots are bad.
come down to it and this thread dosent really serve any purpose other then to make a heavily biased and opinion made on flawed logic which will confuse people.
Back to top Go down
SilentEagle1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SilentEagle1

Male Posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 6:59 pm

This was the first topic i read, and it made me think twice about registering. Lucky its the only forum for this game that i know of. Lol.

Ive disregarded everything in this topic ive read essentially by now and gone back to the old empirical trial and error.
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:08 pm

SilentEagle1 wrote:
This was the first topic i read, and it made me think twice about registering. Lucky its the only forum for this game that i know of. Lol.

Ive disregarded everything in this topic ive read essentially by now and gone back to the old empirical trial and error.
o3o
I have yet to see a "bad" bot.
Depending on your style any could suit you, So in general ignore peoples opinions on bots unless its stated with your preferences in mind.
Or be like me and make hybrids bots made from spare parts.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[general]Guide to Artillery Units
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next